CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed again. Still not happy but it will do for a few days.

Emailed to Courtney Tompkins, Los Angeles News Group

courtney.tompkins@langnews.com

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-27-July-2009-19&p=11956912#post11956912

I looked through the on-line Getting Away with Murder series.

The last person known to see Bob Harrod alive has inherited a million dollars.

Some investigative journalism could turn up answers for Bob's widow -- who did not share in that cool million.

Many of us on the Websleuths crime forum are hooked on the story of Bob & Fontelle's long lost love. Perhaps Bob's adult children are primarily hooked on money?

Please, please, please take a look!

Thank you!

I never thought this case would remain unsolved for 6 years. Praying Bob is found soon.

I am not sure it is unsolved, my friend, but I get exactly what you are saying.

6 years ago today there was the heated family meeting...6 years ago the terms of the trust and the will were finally understood and AH discovered he was receiving 10K of a multi million dollar estate for reasons best known to him ....6 years ago Bob was facing a new life with a past love and it seems likely that he would have jettisoned the old world of bitter jealousy and demands for money. 6 years ago he made a honey do list that stated the changes he would be making to his estate planning.

We have thousands and thousands of hours devoted to this case-I have been looking back and I am astonished at the mountains moved here. You guys are rock stars. I am most in awe of the singular devotion of Mrs Harrod and I know that some day Bob will come home to her and that some kind of justice will be served. I have no doubt whatsoever.

:grouphug:

I've been watching a few old 'Disappeared' episodes. It's remarkable how many times friends and family of a missing loved one who has met foul play become certain something bad has happened when they learn of homes and carpets being cleaned, or unexpected decorations.

Of course there was a good reason for the immediate cleaning of Bob's house by his daughters - the preparations to welcome Fontelle back. But when she revealed she was asked to leave within days, and a daughter said later they didn't expect her to return at all with Bob gone....well, all that housecleaning doesn't make so much sense.

Is Fontel still living in their house? I don't know how safe I would feel there.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'm new to this site and this story. I have gone through many different pages and links, but I am very curious about the damage that was repaired in the upstairs bathroom that Fontelle references in the TV interview. Is there any description of the damage or repairs that were required to fix it?

I think anyone who knows if Fontelle is still living in her house in Placentia probably wont say out of consideration for her safety, but maybe it is a matter of public knowledge...idk. As for the bathroom repairs, which incidentally SIL was paid for (we learned this from some of the discovery), in the episode of Disappeared there are crime scene photos which were provided by law enforcement. One showed the toilet and...does anyone else remember what else was pictured? Why do I think the door was pictured or the carpet in the hallway or both??

This is what, two hours' drive from Placentia on a work day?

Isn't there a property link to Bob in the San Gabriel Valley?

In what could be a plot for an Agatha Christie mystery, human remains may have been found Thursday buried in the yard of a suburban San Gabriel Valley home.

Authorities are now trying to determine if the possible human remains have anything to do with a person reported missing six years ago.

Personnel from the Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau and the coroner’s office were sent to the 700 block of Elsberry Avenue about 7 a.m.

http://mynewsla.com/crime/2015/08/06/were-human-remains-buried-in-yard-of-valinda-home/

Wow, that photo on the article shows the blue tent up. I wonder if they found who they were looking for. I pray that it is closure for people. On edge to see if this is related to Bob!

Do we know if this address has any relationship to any of Bob's family members or properties that he owned or was connected to?

Elsberry Ave doesn't ring a bell but I'm not sure.

Bob and his first wife had strong links with the playhouse on Mission Drive, which is around half an hour's drive from Elsberry Ave where the dig is happening.

Interesting that the map of Elsberry Ave also shows Diamond Bar - where media and police originally (and erroneously) reported one of Bob's daughters was living, who police couldn't reach when he went missing.

And also shows the San Bernardino Freeway, where another of Bob's daughters and his son-in-law live.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-06-21-37-18-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-06-21-37-18-1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 58
Journalist just answered my question on twitter and said police are not giving out ANY info. Not even the gender of the missing person. :(

Journalist just answered my question on twitter and said police are not giving out ANY info. Not even the gender of the missing person. :(

I realize this is an extreme long-shot but how many other people are missing from that area from 6 years ago?
The number can't be that high, can it?

Omg, my stomach is in knots. I think I might be sick. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any 2009 missing persons cases LE would be keeping info so close to the vest.

Did anyone map out the distance between Bob's home to the location the search is occuring?

Maybe someone is closer to collecting the 50k reward......

I checked out Namus. There are around 20 Californians who went missing in 2009, but nobody from this specific area, as far as I can see.

Strange there's no more info from police as I guess whoever buried that unknown person in the yard will have heard the news by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert