CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I realize it's slightly OT - but how horrible for that family if they really do have nothing to do with it, and a person murdered and buried in their back yard.

Makes you wonder if and who (suspects) they are watching - because I think they (LE) know exactly who this is and exactly how they got there and exactly who put them there.

I keep thinking about Casey Anthony reactung when she learned Caylee's remains had been found. Makes me wonder about reactions when this news broke.

Charming fellow. :( If he did what he claims he did, unlikely to be her. That said, the retraction of the gender makes me wonder if they were premature in saying male. Curious how LE thinks body ended up there without the family knowing.

The tip came in about a specific MP case so they know exactly who tbe are looking for. In Dawns case her husband has already been charged with her murder so I don't believe the authorities would need to keep so much close to the vest.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/La-Puente-Death-Investigation-320900061.html

According to the above article the excavation will resume Friday. LE is saying the homes residents are not involved in the missing persons case and they believe they know how someone could enter the yard and bury the remains.

From your link; I wonder if they hired someone to do landscaping; that person buried the remains there.

"The information is pretty specific where to look in the yard," Lewandowski said. From a helicopter above, members of the Coroner's Special Operations Response Team (SORT) were seen using hand tools to probe and sift through soil being excavated from holes dug in the yard, in some cases in areas where hardscape had to be moved first.

From your link; I wonder if they hired someone to do landscaping; that person buried the remains there.

That's if the possible remains and hardscape were placed at tbe same time.. Posing as having to dig for underground cable, piping or utilities would be an easier cover,imo. And all this could have been done while the residents were at work.

And who knows, there was some street work occuring on Bob's street when he disappeared,or in the days prior to his disappearing. It would certainly give someone an idea of a manner to dispose Bob.

Actually, it was the msm video of Fontelle returning to CA two days after Bob disappeared where we saw road construction on Bob's street. A quick idea in someone's face?

More info:

We have recovered skeletal remains of a body,'' Ed Winter of the coroner's office said. "It has not been identified yet, and it'll be a process that we'll follow through in trying to get the body positively ID'd as soon as possible.''

It was unclear how long it will take to identify the remains.

Sheriff's officials would only say the investigation involves the whereabouts of a person reported missing in 2009. Authorities declined to identify the missing person, described only as an adult.

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/297268...nda-possibly-linked-to-09-missing-person-case

I am so hoping this is not Bob. I know it is going to be someone's loved one, but I don't think I can cope with the idea of Bob being buried in a backyard. That's exactly what happened to my aunt and it will just be too much.

I want Bob to be found but I am desperately hoping this is not him.

If I could get the exact number of the house, I could find out if any building permits were issued in 2009. Does anyone know it?

This was being conducted like an archealogical dig earlier, with small, hand held brushes etc. The evidence must be so precious. I thought LE hadn't found anything.

If there is a reward, I hope whoever provided this tip to police gets it. What a wonderful thing to do.

A person would have to be some kind of crazy to have driven Bob's body from Placentia, through all that wilderness, to bury his body in suburban LA.

I don't think this can be him. I think the victim must be a localish person - and the perp didn't have access to a car.

:lurk: just checking to see if any more info has been released about the unidentified body recently found in Valinda.

I think there will be some time before these remains have any id. They are skeletal so it's going to be DNA, I presume. Six weeks, minimum?

Wow, that was fast. I was afraid it was gking to be a bogus lead.

Sounds lime they are gojng to try and expedite an identification.

Prayers for those awaiting answers. Thid very well might be Bob. Wow, just wow.

DNA or dentals. It could be a few days for id if tnere are dentals available.

I'm sorry, but I want this to be Bob. Mrs.Harrod deserves closure and Bob deserves justice.

I didn't think about dentals. Luckily, Bob still had his own teeth, as Mrs Harrod told us. So it could be quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert