CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting that police say 'they know' who killed this couple but have never named a POI. Lack of evidence, I guess. I often feel the same may apply to investigators in Bob's case.

Me, too. All they need is a body and maybe a COD, then they can name names and take prisoners.

The bodies of the McStay family were found in San Bernardino, next door to Orange County where Bob went missing, and I can't help mulling over the similarities.

Both the McStays and Bob were thought to have wandered off/gone voluntarily missing at first.
There were no attempts to seal what would later be decided was a crime scene in either case.
Money and loans were an issue.
A victim in both cases was disparaged (either subtly or outright) via media or social media.
A late forensic examination of both their homes seems to have turned up some evidence of foul play.

Of course, the bodies of the McStays were discovered in San Bernardino County, where the suspect in their murders had lived and knew 'like the back of his hand'. There the coincidences must end...

Because it would be expecting a coincidence too far to think that Bob's remains might one day be discovered in San Bernadino County too, and a suspect with a link there might also be found.

Wouldn't it?

I have been wondering for some time if perhaps it was AH that had harmed Bob prior to JeM arriving. What if JeM walked in on a crime that had already occurred and he and AH cleaned it up? With AH right around the corner at the time Bob went missing I can't help but wonder. I wonder if LE checked both AH and JeM's phone records to determine of they were in communication with each other the morning of the 27th. All that money AH owed Bob would certainly be a motive. Maybe JeM was there to clean up the mess his son made?

Bumping this thread from the middle of page 2. Really, really wish Bob Harrod could be found and justice served. Poor Fontelle. She too deserved better, much better.

If anyone ever gets disheartened - just imagine being the person who disappeared Bob Harrod and every single time you start to relax and think it's all over, someone reads his story or watches it on Disappeared and it all starts up again.

If this is a homicide and it was for money, it's probably not much consolation at this point, 6 years on.

Things go full circle. Bob started out his new, California life in San Diego. Wonder if anyone close to his case has returned to Bob's starting point? Would be strange if they had. Especially if they used Bob's generousity to make that new start.

Hello Guys, acording to Zillow.com the 522 Carnation Dr Property was sold in 08/11/15 for $600,000. :notgood:

Are there fresh news about Fontelle? Did she move back with her family ? Was she evicted or forced?

or has been any judge who pronounced Bob dead by absence?

Thanks for your help and time, we are working on the case and we want to complete our case map.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" Luke 6:31

Oh my! I too wonder about Fontelle. I think about Bob and Fontelle every day and pray he will be found and justice served.

Hello Guys, acording to Zillow.com the 522 Carnation Dr Property was sold in 08/11/15 for $600,000. :notgood:

Are there fresh news about Fontelle? Did she move back with her family ? Was she evicted or forced?

or has been any judge who pronounced Bob dead by absence?

Thanks for your help and time, we are working on the case and we want to complete our case map.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" Luke 6:31

With 'fresh paint throughout'. Including the bathroom, I presume, where Mrs Harrod believes Bob Haŕrod was murdered.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Placentia/522-Carnation-Dr-92870/home/4204592

I hope Mrs Harrod has some peace of mind in her new home, wherever it is. I hope the new owners of 522 Carnation Drive appreciate it too - this was the home of a hardworking, loyal man who was brave enough to grab a last chance of happiness in his twilight years. He seems to have paid the price but...may we all be so brave in seeking new happiness at 81 years old.

Bless Bob Harrod and his young sweetheart and bride Fontelle. And shame on those who have failed to search for him but benefited from his generosity.

Bob's children are the only beneficiaries of his trust, so I guess each of his three daughters will be $200,000 richer each now, in addition to the other millions of his they inherited.

Hoping one of them will be able to scrape together the cash for a new missing poster before the end of the year, perhaps?

It was the Heritage Parade in Placentia today but I'm not regretting that no-one was giving out missing Bob Harrod flyers because it's ended in disaster! At least 61 people suffered heat exhaustion with 19 hospitalized and multiple emergency crews in attendance. The whole parade was canceled.

I started a thread here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-heat-exhaustion-at-Placentia-Heritage-Parade

Just reminds me how shocking it was that a missing alert didn't go out for Bob when he went missing on such a hot day in Placentia.

^^^^^^^^^
Meant to add that this is an area we have long been suspicious about!

^^^^^^^^^
Meant to add that this is an area we have long been suspicious about!

Not only is it an area we have been suspicious about, didn't we suggest a turn around as an easy place to dump a body from the back of a pick up truck?

Can a local do a map with the traffic info from Bob's address to the location these remains were found? Does it fit within the two hour window we've discussed?

Not only is it an area we have been suspicious about, didn't we suggest a turn around as an easy place to dump a body from the back of a pick up truck?

Can a local do a map with the traffic info from Bob's address to the location these remains were found? Does it fit within the two hour window we've discussed?

It would be 36 miles each way. Traffic would be slow on the way up due to late rush hour, but return should flow nicely. In good traffic (following the speed limit) and stopping for lights while in Placentia you would be looking at 45 min. Add 15-20 min. for traffic the first direction and it would be cutting it close, but not impossible, there would probably not be time for a stop at Home Depot. With an accomplice it would be easy. It is definitely out of the way for the known suspects, but that could be intentional.

The only receipt JeM provided police was time stamped after 3 pm which means JeM left again after his return to find the housekeeper waiting in front of Bob's home. I don't for a second believe he was returning from HD around noon. If he was, why didn't he have a receipt to prove it?

I wish we had someone good at maps here. I'd like to see three pins, one for Bob's home, one for the location the remains were found, and one for Running Springs.

The only receipt JeM provided police was time stamped after 3 pm which means JeM left again after his return to find the housekeeper waiting in front of Bob's home. I don't for a second believe he was returning from HD around noon. If he was, why didn't he have a receipt to prove it?

I wish we had someone good at maps here. I'd like to see three pins, one for Bob's home, one for the location the remains were found, and one for Running Springs.

That would be nice. I do feel the housekeeper totally surprised him, he was not done with cleaning and staging JMO. He had plenty of time to go that distance since the time stamp to HD wasn't until 3 PM. I do hope he is still on LE's radar.

There are not many homes or businesses in that area.
There is virtually no traffic once you've begun to go up the mountain.

On Mapquest: from 522 Carnation Placentia to Mt. Baldy

E Yorba Linda Blvd to CA-57 N 36.81 miles
44 mins / 1 hour 13 mins based on current traffic

S Diamond Bar Blvd to CA-57 N 37.64 miles
1 hour 2 mins / 1 hour 2 mins based on current traffic

ETA: 4pm on a Wednesday (today) Freeway would be somewhat backed up, especially the 57.
A much quicker drive, I would think, in the mid morning when Mr. Harrod went poof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K