CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I think the perfect storm erupted creating chaos between Bob's daughters and Fontelle, which allowed a non family member to play off of that and slide off the radar until the most recent msm this past April.********************

So Cubby, are you saying that perhaps Bob's killer may have done this dirty deed without Bob's daughter's knowing? Just his own doing...and it wasn't planned with his wife(bob's daughter)?

No. April 2019 msm indicated the two persons of interest arrested and released were not family members and are residents of placentia.

'Not family' and 'residents of Placentia', versus former residents of Placentia, really leaves little room for wondering who.....

Not family, I no longer believe it was the daughters, SIL, or grandson. The house cleaner participated in the Investigative Discovery episode and Paul Estes moved before Bob went missing. Bob had a very small circle of friends and family and LE has stated this was not committed by a stranger.

I want an arrest/s and I want to find Bob. I think there is a far better chance of recovering Bob's remains if the two POI's are who I think they are. There is a good chance one of the two, if not both, know exactly where Bob is currently and has been for the last 10 years.

Two ‘persons of interest’ in 2009 disappearance of Placentia millionaire arrested, later released – Orange County Register

Fontelle didnt get any money, nor did she toss any of his property. Bob's daughters got everything, including Bob's home. His grandson lost the home Bob mortgaged for him because he stopped making the mortgage payments. He returned it so to speak to his two Aunts, the two who hired the PI.

IMO the animosity between Fontellee and his daughters created a huge diversion from the persons responsible, and hopefully since they were detained, it won't be long before they can actually be charged. That animosity did nothing but help the person/s most likely responsible. I hope that elder abusing con artist gets what she deserves and then some soon.

Thank you for defending Fontelle. I was honored to meet her and she's a lovely woman who fought for justice in the face of a horrible, greedy family who sucked everything from the parents and then after dad put his foot down and stopped the outflow, he mysteriously disappeared.

Fontelle was his long lost love. She was asked to come to CA to be with him and did so.

She is not greedy. Or money seeking. It's frustrating to have people jump on here with those allegations when they seen what she went through to bring him justice.

So have there been developments, @Cubby?

Last edited:
So have there been developments, @Cubby?

Actually, yes. Two unnamed persons of interest were arrested in connection with Bob's disappearance and later released in April.

According to msm, these two unnamed POI's are not a family member and residents of Placentia.

Two ‘persons of interest’ in 2009 disappearance of Placentia millionaire arrested, later released – Orange County Register

There is more msm. I will find it and add it shortly.

$50K Reward Offered in 2009 Killing of Placentia Man Who Vanished After Marrying High School Sweetheart

Man, 81, Married High School Sweetheart After Reconnecting with Her — and Went Missing Weeks Later

Last edited:
I missed this one....

Sergeant Connell was a detective at the department when Harrod was first reported missing. He says Harrod’s family, including his daughters and son-in-law, have been cleared and are not suspects in the case.

Two Persons of Interest in 2009 Disappearance of Millionaire Released

I'm glad to hear they are probably not involved, but they really didn't do themselves any favors with how they acted after the fact. Hopefully their "inaction" that made everybody look at them as suspects made the real perps slip up after thinking they were in the clear.

I'm glad to hear they are probably not involved, but they really didn't do themselves any favors with how they acted after the fact. Hopefully their "inaction" that made everybody look at them as suspects made the real perps slip up after thinking they were in the clear.

I agree. I hope advances in technology help move this case forward. So many possibilities. I sure hope everyone who knows the two POI's is aware of that 50,000 reward!

Please note there is video in the most recent links. It was just now I was finally able to get them to work properly.

The KTLA video dated May 2 does indicate the two persons arrested were not family.

If you haven't yet, please view each of the videos.

Bob's daughters might have to decide to agree to a lesser charge for one of the two POI's to turn on the other. Or for one of the two POI's family members to come forward.

I wonder how Fontelle feels about the turn of events.

I can only hope and pray after all this time Bob's daughters and Fontelle can bury the hatchet and work together to ensure Bob gets the justice he deserves. It would take a lot, but I think it would help the healing process.

As for the person who is responsible, your time is coming and that clock is moving faster and faster.

Please note there is video in the most recent links. It was just now I was finally able to get them to work properly.

The KTLA video dated May 2 does indicate the two persons arrested were not family.

If you haven't yet, please view each of the videos.

Bob's daughters might have to decide to agree to a lesser charge for one of the two POI's to turn on the other. Or for one of the two POI's family members to come forward.

I wonder how Fontelle feels about the turn of events.

I can only hope and pray after all this time Bob's daughters and Fontelle can bury the hatchet and work together to ensure Bob gets the justice he deserves. It would take a lot, but I think it would help the healing process.

As for the person who is responsible, your time is coming and that clock is moving faster and faster.

Wow, is it possible Mr. Harrod's Family and Friends get answers to his disappearance?

I'd love to see closure on this case.

Agree completely!

Anyone have contact information for Zweibel?

A post from CA Exile from thread #1:

She was Georgia's hairdresser after they moved to Placentia. When Georgia became too ill to go to her salon, she would come to the house and do Georgia's hair. She was also at Georgia's memorial.

I did not actually meet her until after Georgia's death. She would still come over to Bob's house frequently. Bob was mostly bald and did not need his hair cut that much. I knew something had to be going on. I do not know what or how far it went. We rarely talked about her.
When I met her was when she was having trouble with her truck. Bob asked me if I would take a look at it. I was glad to. We went over to her shop. She told me she had been to a dealership and they diagnosed it and gave her an estimate. I took a look at it and offered her to go to my mechanic for a second opinion. It was less than a quarter mile from her shop. I called my mechanic and told him the whole story. He said he would be glad to take a look. She gave me a free haircut. I needed one anyway. Bob and I left. She never took it. She just wanted to hear what she wanted to hear. So she went and had it fixed. I later heard Bob had paid for it.
I have this curse or blessing depending on how you look at it. I am a good judge of character. Unfortunately, it is bad character. Some people just give me a bad feeling. Most of the time, when I tell someone I am dismissed as being negative. The curse comes in where I am right 99.9999% of the time. When everyone else finds out it is too late. Someone has already been taken advantage of or hurt. Generally, I do not tell anyone anymore except my wife.
With this lady, it was pegged all the way. She sent off bad vibes all around. She seemed very strange to me. I told Bob how I felt. I told him I figured he was giving her money. Only later did I find out it was a lot of money. I told him," I am not you son or grandson. I am your friend. So, I can say this. I do not mean to tell you what to do with your time or money. You earned it so you can give it to whoever you want to. But, I do not like her and I think she is taking advantage of you. I have a really bad feeling about her." He quietly thanked me for my opinion. After that we agreed to disagree and did not talk about her any more. This happened all before Fontelle came into the picture.
When Fontelle came out to visit Bob, she met the hairdresser. She and Fontelle got into a shouting match. Apparently Fontelle spelled the end of the gravy train for her. I would later found out Bob was giving her money as late as early July, after he married Fontelle.
When Bob disappeared, she became my first suspect. I believed she was crazy enough to do it. My theory was she or someone she knew had been watching the house. When they saw Jeff leave, she knew Bob would be alone. They could easily lure him out into a car and drive off. Bob apparently liked and trusted her. Then, take him out to the desert and make him disappear. When Fontelle moved back permanently, I do not think she would allow Bob to be married to her and carry on with this woman. Since then, she has been "cleared" by the Placentia PD. For all that is worth. She and Fontelle have become "friends". I do not like it, but there is nothing I can do about it. Fontelle knows how I feel. The choice is hers to make. THIS IS MY OPINION. I HAVE NO FACTS TO BACK THIS UP. I CAN NOT PROVE ANY OF IT. My second idea will come later.

I wish CA EXILE was here to expand on the screaming match. And we now know why she became friendly with Fontelle. That she took advantage of Bob and Fontelle infuriates me.

POI #2, Do the right thing and get this burden off your back. Get an attorney and make a deal. Please.

She was Georgia's hairdresser after they moved to Placentia. When Georgia became too ill to go to her salon, she would come to the house and do Georgia's hair. She was also at Georgia's memorial.

I did not actually meet her until after Georgia's death. She would still come over to Bob's house frequently. Bob was mostly bald and did not need his hair cut that much. I knew something had to be going on. I do not know what or how far it went. We rarely talked about her.
When I met her was when she was having trouble with her truck. Bob asked me if I would take a look at it. I was glad to. We went over to her shop. She told me she had been to a dealership and they diagnosed it and gave her an estimate. I took a look at it and offered her to go to my mechanic for a second opinion. It was less than a quarter mile from her shop. I called my mechanic and told him the whole story. He said he would be glad to take a look. She gave me a free haircut. I needed one anyway. Bob and I left. She never took it. She just wanted to hear what she wanted to hear. So she went and had it fixed. I later heard Bob had paid for it.
I have this curse or blessing depending on how you look at it. I am a good judge of character. Unfortunately, it is bad character. Some people just give me a bad feeling. Most of the time, when I tell someone I am dismissed as being negative. The curse comes in where I am right 99.9999% of the time. When everyone else finds out it is too late. Someone has already been taken advantage of or hurt. Generally, I do not tell anyone anymore except my wife.
With this lady, it was pegged all the way. She sent off bad vibes all around. She seemed very strange to me. I told Bob how I felt. I told him I figured he was giving her money. Only later did I find out it was a lot of money. I told him," I am not you son or grandson. I am your friend. So, I can say this. I do not mean to tell you what to do with your time or money. You earned it so you can give it to whoever you want to. But, I do not like her and I think she is taking advantage of you. I have a really bad feeling about her." He quietly thanked me for my opinion. After that we agreed to disagree and did not talk about her any more. This happened all before Fontelle came into the picture.
When Fontelle came out to visit Bob, she met the hairdresser. She and Fontelle got into a shouting match. Apparently Fontelle spelled the end of the gravy train for her. I would later found out Bob was giving her money as late as early July, after he married Fontelle.
When Bob disappeared, she became my first suspect. I believed she was crazy enough to do it. My theory was she or someone she knew had been watching the house. When they saw Jeff leave, she knew Bob would be alone. They could easily lure him out into a car and drive off. Bob apparently liked and trusted her. Then, take him out to the desert and make him disappear. When Fontelle moved back permanently, I do not think she would allow Bob to be married to her and carry on with this woman. Since then, she has been "cleared" by the Placentia PD. For all that is worth. She and Fontelle have become "friends". I do not like it, but there is nothing I can do about it. Fontelle knows how I feel. The choice is hers to make. THIS IS MY OPINION. I HAVE NO FACTS TO BACK THIS UP. I CAN NOT PROVE ANY OF IT. My second idea will come later.

I wish CA EXILE was here to expand on the screaming match. And we now know why she became friendly with Fontelle. That she took advantage of Bob and Fontelle infuriates me.

POI #2, Do the right thing and get this burden off your back. Get an attorney and make a deal. Please.

Well that post was rather eerie/telling in hindsight!

Good find.

I hadn't realized that Fontelle made friends with the hairdresser after BH went missing? Why on earth would that have happened??

Ten years today. Praying this is the last anniversary without justice for Bob.

It's good to know police have their man, or woman, so to speak and just have to finish building a rock solid case.

POI one and two, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you? Who's gonna make a deal with PPD first? Love can't be THAT blind someone is willing to do life to keep their mouth shut.

It's just a matter of time....

So glad Roberta is calling for answers!

images

For Fontelle and Bob, and Roberta

Wow, it has been so long since Bob has disappeared, 10 long years. I come here every so often to see if any charges have been laid. Hopefully, answers are found soon and charges are laid. I am rather confused as to what the hold up is and why the two POIs were released. Is it lack of evidence?

Wow, it has been so long since Bob has disappeared, 10 long years. I come here every so often to see if any charges have been laid. Hopefully, answers are found soon and charges are laid. I am rather confused as to what the hold up is and why the two POIs were released. Is it lack of evidence?

According to msm they were released for further investigation.

Well, well, well. Instant Karma gonna get you.
Let's see who squeals first. The smart one will go cut a plea deal and be out between 16 months and three years (No expert, just googled it).

Sounds to me like the smart one better get moving before the window of opportunity closes, just like the jail cell doors will.....for life. Ka-KLINK!

Amateur opinion and speculation
BTW - I haven't followed the thread in quite awhile; is Fontelle still living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove