CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking outloud. I am not sure if unnamed POI #2 is POI #1's spouse or adult child. Either is a possibility. All the more reason for POI #2 to contact an attorney and work out a deal.

Someone IS going to be held responsible for Bob's presumed murder-whether a body is found or not. It's no longer a matter of IF, but WHEN.

What's the risk worth to POI #2? Is it worth throwing away the rest of your life for covering for POI #1? Or, salvaging most, but not all of the rest of your life and coming clean?

Police know who did this, POI's know that police know who did this, all that is left unknown is how much time is left before police finish building their case.

What's the saying? We all pay: the price of self discipline or the price of regret. How much is poi# 2 willing to allow that price to build?

A wonderful September to you, Fontelle!

shopping

Hmm, it would be great (although tragic) if BH were found..
But wonder if it is this woman:

Monrovia Man Charged With Murder Of Missing Girlfriend | Monrovia, CA Patch
September 4, 2019
MONROVIA, CA — A Monrovia man was charged Wednesday with the capital murder of his girlfriend, who disappeared just over a month ago and whose body has not been found.

Robert Anthony Camou, 27, is set to be arraigned Oct. 10 at the Pasadena courthouse in connection with the killing of Amanda Kathleen Custer, whom sheriff’s homicide investigators believe was taken by Camou against her will the morning of July 29.

Monrovia Man Charged With Murder Of Missing Girlfriend | Monrovia, CA Patch

There are also 3 MP mentioned on this missing persons roster.. I couldn't find any info on any of them as to whether they had been found yet or not. The one is an elderly male.

1. MONROVIA - A 12-year-old girl went missing Thursday morning, Monrovia Police said.
Haley Russo was last seen at 2 a.m. September 20 (2018)

2. Monrovia Police Search for Missing 70-Year-Old
Richard Gebhardt left his home at 120 S. Myrtle Ave. overnight. It is unknown what he wore when he left, but he is known to wear button -up shirts and black pants, Monrovia Police said. (dated 6/1/18)

3. Police Search for Critical Missing Teen
MONROVIA - A 14-year-old boy is being sought Friday after he was reported missing, Monrovia Polcie said. Marcos DeLao was last seen Thursday around 5:30 p.m. (dated 4/27/18)

Category: Missing Persons

This happened a week ago.. so presumably an autopsy would be completed by now. Wonder when we will find out who it was? It seems to be in a location directly above Placentia too.. but not sure if there is a more direct way to get there by vehicle? The way googlemaps is showing takes almost 2 hours from Placentia.
map to remains from placentia.jpg
Google Maps

The crew was surveying the area for road repairs at mile marker 45.6 on the Angeles Crest Highway, where the workers found what they believed to be human remains, said Sgt. Dirk Blansfield with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Crescenta Valley Station. They spotted the remains away from the road among foliage.
Mile marker 45.6 is located near the Windy Gap area of the forest, 21 miles north of the 210 Freeway, according to an online Angeles Crest Highway road guide.

remains found.jpg
Road repair crew finds human remains in Angeles National Forest – Daily News

So how far is this area from BH's home?
If body seen at side of road.. wouldn't that indicate a more recent event?

The remains are skeletal, so it's not that recent..... Bob and his first wife raised their family in Monrovia. Monrovia just jumped out at me.

Also mentioned were pants and a belt found near the bones. Those might be clues on who this may be.

The remains are skeletal, so it's not that recent..... Bob and his first wife raised their family in Monrovia. Monrovia just jumped out at me.

Also mentioned were pants and a belt found near the bones. Those might be clues on who this may be.
Yes, great find Cubby! Also, isn't it weird that nothing has been said yet as far as whose remains they were, considering it has been a week..... or not? Maybe they had to do it via dental, and maybe that takes some time?? No idea?? Hopefully the pants and belt will give clues to something?? Would sure be great to put poor Mr. Harrod to rest if it is him, and to be able to obtain clues.. I guess no matter who it is, actually!

Depending on the condition of the belt, perhaps a family member can determine if it looks like something Bob owned or not.

I find it very odd skeletal remains are found near Monrovia less than 6 months after we learn of two unnamed poi's, and that those poi's are not family. Wouldn't it be something if the poi's decided dumping Bob's remains in an area familiar to his family might redirect attention back to Bob's daughters and SIL?

According to reports, Bob was wearing shorts when he went missing. However, those reports, iirc, came from Bob's daughters who did not see him the day he disappeared. I don't think JeM would likely recall, down to the detail, what Bob was wearing that morning.

The location these "above Monrovia" remains were found was part of the 2009 Station fire which started abut a month after Bob went missing. Even if the remains were charred and that was witheld from the media, the belt and other clothing wouldn't have survived the fire. Making it less likely these remains are Bob.

Unless, evidence exists to indicate the remains were moved from another location to this location post mortem. Then perhaps it might be Bob.

Personally, I think the two persons who I believe are the POI's would have likely buried Bob somewhere. Which could mean LE might have to consider contacting NecroSearch International, Inc. to assist in locating Bob's remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand