CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big shout out to YOU Tulessa, and the way you never gave up on justice for your brother and his family. I just know he was a lovely guy, because he has such a great sister. :) I'll never forget what you said about him staying up all night to keep the coal-fire burning for the little ones. I read it when I only had a coal fire for heat too, and thought I was going to just die of cold because I couldn't keep it going - or even start it, in fact.

Thank you! He was a wonderfully kind person! Now if we can find Mr. Bob!!

I've been trying to pretend it wasn't happening, but today I found out exactly how Bob must have felt when he lost his beloved dog. It feels like my world has ended, and I'm not even on my own.

Poor Bob. Poor me and my old pal today too. Rest in peace, my best boy.

I'll be back. Can't do a single thing for my very best, furry friend now. But I can still lend a hand to Bob and Fontelle, I hope.

:( :(

Prayers sweetie. :(

Hugs to you, zwiebel. I do know how that feels and it's awful. Another hug for you. Dogs are the best!

Oh, zwiebel. We are so many miles apart but our hearts and thoughts are together right now with you.
How fortunate are we to share the planet with furry friends?
Someday I will be feeling heartbroken over my baby, too.
And I will look for you.

I'm still here. Just lacking words at this time. It's been worst day of my life, just waiting for my boy to die.

I'm still here. Just lacking words at this time. It's been worst day of my life, just waiting for my boy to die.

Oh, my...Zwiebel! We've all been through this, and it's awful-I've lost many dog-children and it never gets any easier. Try to spend some time now with animal lovers who understand your loss.

Dear Zwiebel, Oh how I've been in your shoes many times! I lost my "Tootsie" (pure LH white cat) at 15 years on Christmas Day. It so sucks! On behalf of your boy "thank you for taking such good care of him." Sending you warm hugs from myself and my furry friends. We do so love you!

((((((zwie'))))))) losing a pet hurts so much. we're thinking about you.

My GSD wakes my hubby up, when my blood sugar drops in my sleep. He even woke hubby up, the other night when I was having a nightmare(hubby is very hard of hearing). Dog's are phenomenal!

Oh, Zwiebel! So sorry to hear about your puppy! I so enjoyed hearing about the adventures you guys had.

I've been trying to pretend it wasn't happening, but today I found out exactly how Bob must have felt when he lost his beloved dog. It feels like my world has ended, and I'm not even on my own.

I'll be back. Can't do a single thing for my very best, furry friend now. But I can still lend a hand to Bob and Fontelle, I hope.

Zwiebel, I am so sorry.

So sorry to hear about your beloved boy! There is no doubt in my mind that you were the best momma any dog could possibly have. Good thoughts and lots of hugs are being sent your way from me and my 14 and 16 year old furry babies.

So sorry Zwieb. We had to put our Shepherd down in 1985; between my 20th birthday & having my son. Was so very sad, she had her last steak dinner; then my dad brought her to the vet. I cried for 15 years; no kidding. I paid to have her cremated; then when my dad passed, she was in the coffin with him; now they're both on my shelf in my computer room. ~Hugs

I'm resigned to the fact this will be a sad Christmas and won't get better - and Bob Harrod won't be found this year. But this is a nice story.

A Placentia couple who visited India on their honeymoon in 1977, and even scattered ashes of their beloved parents on the Ganges River there, went back last year. Shambhu Misra, the husband and a Placentia businessman, is one of several people featured in the PBS documentary series “Sacred Journeys with Bruce Feiler,” which premiered Tuesday. His episode airs at 8pm, December 30th.

Misra said:

“The thing about these journeys is, they are difficult,” he said. “They are not vacations. The meals aren’t always great. The conversations aren’t always riveting. And the beds are often lumpy. But a spiritual journey isn’t about recreation. There’s struggle, and there’s suffering.”

I believe there is a parallel here, to the journeys loved ones of the missing have to go through, that's why I'm linking this story. A difficult journey, but how can they stop until they find their missing loved one and find a little peace of mind? They deserve all our support, now and forever.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/feiler-645866-journeys-peace.html

I'm resigned to the fact this will be a sad Christmas and won't get better - and Bob Harrod won't be found this year. But this is a nice story.

A Placentia couple who visited India on their honeymoon in 1977, and even scattered ashes of their beloved parents on the Ganges River there, went back last year. Shambhu Misra, the husband and a Placentia businessman, is one of several people featured in the PBS documentary series “Sacred Journeys with Bruce Feiler,” which premiered Tuesday. His episode airs at 8pm, December 30th.

Misra said:

“The thing about these journeys is, they are difficult,” he said. “They are not vacations. The meals aren’t always great. The conversations aren’t always riveting. And the beds are often lumpy. But a spiritual journey isn’t about recreation. There’s struggle, and there’s suffering.”

I believe there is a parallel here, to the journeys loved ones of the missing have to go through, that's why I'm linking this story. A difficult journey, but how can they stop until they find their missing loved one and find a little peace of mind? They deserve all our support, now and forever.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/feiler-645866-journeys-peace.html

Hugs Zwieb. I was really close to our dog. We got her as a puppy from the SPCA. She lived at our family owned gas/ service station where I worked from age 11 until I took leave when I got pregnant with my son. I spent a lot of time with Daisy; we used to walk the mountains behind the station together. I remember one Sunday in April we got a freak hail storm; she was right by my side while I ran out to pump gas. 29 years later I still miss her and am thankful I have her ashes.

So...Placentia PD still say a 'family member' (son in law Jeff Michaels, we know now) discovered Bob Harrod was missing at 1pm. No way, no how does this add up with housekeeper arriving at 12 Noon and finding Bob missing, and saying Jeff Michaels drove up to the house shortly after? And why wasn't the housekeeper's timeline even mentioned until years after? What does Jeff Michael's 3pmish Home Depot receipt/alibi even have anything to do with the timeline, in that case?

It does not make sense.

Police need to release some more information. No information, no pressure. In my opinion.

http://www.placentia.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/102

Anyone visiting this thread for the first time:

Yes, Bob Harrod (Robert Merle Harrod) is still missing.

He was an 81-year-old newlywed when he disappeared from his home in Placentia, Orange County, California.

No, his new wife was not in his will. He left her nothing. And she was engaged to him 60 years before. #Longlostlove

Bob's three daughters inherited his millions and they have/will have access to that money

Bob's son-in-law Jeff Michaels was working in Bob's house the day he disappeared. He is married to Bob's youngest daughter, Julie Michaels. He never reported Bob missing, has never made a public comment about it, and the Home Depot receipt he offered as an alibi does not add up with the time Bob is known to have gone missing. It conflicts with Bob's housekeeper's account of when he went missing too.

No link possible but....I just donated equipment, medication, toys and cash on behalf of my dear dog and 'Herr Harrod', to a dog rescue home today. They must have said danke about 100 times. They have no idea who Bob is, but I took the liberty of paying it forward on his behalf, as he's not here to do it.

Thinking of you at Christmas, Mr Harrrod.

I was searching for a feelgood story for Bob's thread for Christmas, and it turned up in such an unlikely place.

80-something couple Mr and Mrs Tarantino of Laguna Woods, Orange County, just vanished in their car. Family said both had cognitive issues, and to be honest, their case sounded so ominous, I couldn't really cope with following it. I helped share their missing status, but that was all. I was sure there was going to be a report of a vehicle found in a ditch off the highway, in a few weeks' time.....

They turned up 'slightly confused' in Vegas. Exactly where they'd planned to go, but didn't get around to telling the kids. I think they'd maybe decided to go a little wild at Christmas, instead of sitting peacefully around the family dinner table! Anyway, family have zipped down to Vegas to bring them safely home, and hopefully they'll keep the kids in the loop and let them lend a hand with their next adventure - it'll save an awful lot of worry!

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/couple-645968-woods-safe.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member