CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, no link, a poster checked with a California attorney about the situation. Fontelle remained in the house for several years. Legally married, Mrs. Harris had claim to the marital home as long as she continued to reside there. Although they asked her to leave, IMHO Bob's "daughters" knew better/decided not to make a legal stink about their lovely stepmother living in her marital home.

Upthread, a poster indicated that Fontelle returned to the midwest & lives with her daughter. Lives safely with her daughter, JMHO again.

Mr. & Mrs. Harris, we wish you well!
I don't know if we still have anything in the sticky that Zweibel, and I made back when, but I believe they tried to have her legally removed from the house, when they were doing estate wrangling. @Cubby Do I remember that correctly?

Anyone ever wonder if SIL is 'allowing' himself to remain the focus of the investigation to protect his son?

I sometimes think PB and RB would be more likely to protect their nephew than their brother in law.

Just some thoughts that cross my mind from time to time.
I think alike. There could have been help with "clean up", such as, carrying someone heavy …

yep, but perhaps more obfuscation & cooperative silence. JMHO

Takes a village to raise a child, and to keep a secret, JMHO YMMV

Just read from the beginning. Probably a fair few of the links are no longer functioning, but you'll get the picture.

Could you just mention some of the evidence that has been found in this case? Thank you!

Any news on what ongoing efforts on the part of Bob’s children to solve this? Was Bob declared deceased and how did his estate get handled? Sorry if this has been covered. I haven’t been on the thread in quite awhile.

Could you just mention some of the evidence that has been found in this case? Thank you!

CA - CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 1

This is the first thread. I came across this case when it happened. His daughters appeared on a forum, where I was a member, asking for help. They trashed him like nothing I've seen before in a missing person's case. I haven't been able to move past this case since. You really need to start at the first thread, where you can see how the story
evolves, and take it from there. It's tough to nail down specific evidence, because there are lies, and hidden clues.

Edited to add: Of course there are hidden clues … sorry, not sure where that came from. I meant to say, that some of us believe that people, even though not involved in the actual event, who know what happened, but are keeping quiet for the estate goodies.

Any news on what ongoing efforts on the part of Bob’s children to solve this? Was Bob declared deceased and how did his estate get handled? Sorry if this has been covered. I haven’t been on the thread in quite awhile.
He was declared dead, and the estate was settled. Ongoing? I don't remember them even beginning to try to solve this. Most of us believe the kids know who did it. Upthread, someone posted that Fontelle is living with her daughter.

He was declared dead, and the estate was settled. Ongoing? I don't remember them even beginning to try to solve this. Most of us believe the kids know who did it. Upthread, someone posted that Fontelle is living with her daughter.
Thank you for your reply! Do we know if Fontelle received any of the estate? Boy this is a foul smelling case.

Opinion and speculation only

AFAIK, Bob's daughters and grandson got the entire estate. Fontelle stayed in the home until Bob was declared deceased and the daughters inherited the home so she had to move.

Do we know what LE is doing at this time?
To my knowledge the case is still open. It's been labeled, a "suspicious homicide", so even though cold, they'd still be taking leads. I don't like to be mean, but Bob isn't a young, baby-faced guy, so media, etc. isn't going to put a lot of emphasis on this, as they do those cases :( I'd bet there are more cases like this than we know. Every now and then, I do searches for new stories, and there is no word of this case. It doesn't appear his family wants this in the public eye.

Wow, I am from this area and I don't recall this story at all. Did OC Register cover it? Looking at the location of the home, not many places nearby where he can get lost, unless he fell in a body of water at a local park there, but it didn't seem that Mr. Harrod had dementia. There is a lot of traffic on those roads throughout the day, so I can see someone immediately reporting an elderly man walking dazed and confused. No disrespect towards LE, but my experience with Placentia PD has not been the best when I had to report elder abuse and identity fraud.

I used to travel on Carbon Canyon/Sleepy Hollow daily for many years and there are lots of hidden areas to pull over. There is also a cult tucked away in the canyon. Carbon Canyon also runs by Carbon Canyon Regional Park and Chino Hills State Park. I am surprised Chino Hills State Park has not been combed for Mr. Harrod. There are hiking paths and rugged terrain. Also, lots of wildlife including coyotes and feral cattle. Hope there are more leads in the near future.

I learned about this case on from the Disappeared episode. There’s certain episodes where I’m baffled and have no idea and just have possible theories and opinions... and then there are episodes like this one where I have a very strong opinion and am, in my own mind, convinced of what probably happened. I 100% think Fontelle is genuine. I 100% think one of the daughters or/and their spouse (most likely the husband who’d been to the house) is responsible. They seem like cold, awful people. They’ve been quoted numerous times saying he was money obsessed yet they seem exactly the same. They don’t speak fondly of him. They argued with him about money. It’s a very common thing for offspring to react badly to an elderly widowed parent remarrying due to the impact it could have on inheritance. People have killed people they actually love and like for money. And for less money than what Bill was worth. They don’t seem to have had a good relationship with him. Even after his disappearemxe they bad mouthed him. I think the younger women who he gave money to is a red herring. Also the fact two of the daughters didn’t appear on the show... to me, everything points to the son in law who saw him last and his wife (the daughter) Whether the other daughters know, I’m unsure. As I say, it’s a case that I personally found quite obvious in regards to working out the most likely suspect. To me it’s as obvious as who the perps were in the Patti Adkins, Jamie Farley and Felipe Santos/Terrence Williams cases.

Wow, I am from this area and I don't recall this story at all. Did OC Register cover it? Looking at the location of the home, not many places nearby where he can get lost, unless he fell in a body of water at a local park there, but it didn't seem that Mr. Harrod had dementia. There is a lot of traffic on those roads throughout the day, so I can see someone immediately reporting an elderly man walking dazed and confused. No disrespect towards LE, but my experience with Placentia PD has not been the best when I had to report elder abuse and identity fraud.

I used to travel on Carbon Canyon/Sleepy Hollow daily for many years and there are lots of hidden areas to pull over. There is also a cult tucked away in the canyon. Carbon Canyon also runs by Carbon Canyon Regional Park and Chino Hills State Park. I am surprised Chino Hills State Park has not been combed for Mr. Harrod. There are hiking paths and rugged terrain. Also, lots of wildlife including coyotes and feral cattle. Hope there are more leads in the near future.
Hi! Yes, it was covered by OC Register. The Placentia PD did a pretty good job, under the circumstances. The case was spotlighted on ID Channel series, "Disappeared." The perpetrator/s had a good amount of time to cover up, and clean up between the time he "went missing", and when police were called.
I've always wanted to ask someone from that area about Coyote Canyon. From Bob's house to Coyote Canyon, dump a body, and continue on your way home up the hill. What would be the timeline from Bob's to Coyote Canyon?

Hi! Yes, it was covered by OC Register. The Placentia PD did a pretty good job, under the circumstances. The case was spotlighted on ID Channel series, "Disappeared." The perpetrator/s had a good amount of time to cover up, and clean up between the time he "went missing", and when police were called.
I've always wanted to ask someone from that area about Coyote Canyon. From Bob's house to Coyote Canyon, dump a body, and continue on your way home up the hill. What would be the timeline from Bob's to Coyote Canyon?

We discussed that possibility at the time. Depending upon the time of day it could be reached in an hour, although traffic is usually pretty bad from 5-11 am and 2-7 pm and that would add at least a half hour. My theory was always centered around the Olinda Landfill. It could be reached in 15-20 minutes from Bob's house. The SIL could easily take the body, along with the construction debris from working on the bathroom/house, and off-load it at the dump. The location had already been associated with the disposal of several female bodies, that were never found, during an earlier serial killer murder investigation.

Hi - Where is Coyote Canyon or do you mean Carbon Canyon? I am familiar with Carbon Canyon's peaks and lows of traffic since I have lived between Chino Hills and Placentia for most of my life. I believe it would be easy to dump a body there late at night since there may be one or two cars on the road at any given time, maybe at a side road or a hiking area. You can also enter the Chino Hills State Park from Carbon Canyon, Chino Hills, and Yorba Linda.

We discussed that possibility at the time. Depending upon the time of day it could be reached in an hour, although traffic is usually pretty bad from 5-11 am and 2-7 pm and that would add at least a half hour. My theory was always centered around the Olinda Landfill. It could be reached in 15-20 minutes from Bob's house. The SIL could easily take the body, along with the construction debris from working on the bathroom/house, and off-load it at the dump. The location had already been associated with the disposal of several female bodies, that were never found, during an earlier serial killer murder investigation.
Yes, I brought it up back then, but it was brushed off in favor of another location. The landfill would be checked, and the body discovered fairly easily, because they keep garbage in "zones". I believe he could have done the Coyote Canyon run on the way home, having already transferred the body to the back of his truck, before the housecleaner arrived.

Hi - Where is Coyote Canyon or do you mean Carbon Canyon? I am familiar with Carbon Canyon's peaks and lows of traffic since I have lived between Chino Hills and Placentia for most of my life. I believe it would be easy to dump a body there late at night since there may be one or two cars on the road at any given time, maybe at a side road or a hiking area. You can also enter the Chino Hills State Park from Carbon Canyon, Chino Hills, and Yorba Linda.
No, I mean Coyote Canyon. I believe the body was "dumped" on his way home, up the hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth