Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Of course they do, when and if they believe there's a threat.
In JS's case, I don't think she believed there was, because SS successfully manipulated her into believing his lies.

We see examples of this exact thing in criminal cases every single day.
It's not hard to understand that people can in fact, and are in fact, deceived & taken advantage of every single day.
Allowing a boyfriend to live in your house with your young child.
Allowing a boyfriend to share the same bed with your young child.
Allowing a boyfriend to spend time alone with your young child.
Did she ever discuss sexual abuse with her young child?
Did she ever tell her young child that if anyone ever touches you inappropriately or makes you do anything that you don’t want to do, that confuses you, hurts you or you don’t understand, to tell her, or her Dad, a relative, a teacher, a doctor, a police officer, an adult or a friend?
IMO

Sometimes have to just shake my head at this sad story of MS.

Is there evidence known of how many times or occurrences that JS had requested for MS to ‘sleep’ in another room with SS her ‘boyfriend’ - in order that she (JS) could get herself a good night of sleep? (Even saying that is frankly maddening and cringe-worthy IMO. And having happened even once seems improper in many respects.)

And let’s not forget that MS was relegated to a small corner of the living room IIUC? And she didn’t even have her own room or private space in which to be a child or growing adult. :(

IMO I hope that the extended time without any indication of charges for anyone aside from SS - is because authorities are carefully examining any and all evidence before proceeding. And that potential charges including child endangerment and endangering the welfare of a child and other offenses (FL state and federal) that seem to have led to this tragic and also IMO preventable outcome are also being considered. MOO

Did she ever tell her young child that if anyone ever touches you inappropriately or makes you do anything that you don’t want to do, that confuses you, hurts you or you don’t understand, to tell her, or her Dad, a relative, a teacher, a doctor, a police officer, an adult or a friend?
IMO
Of course I can't answer those questions and I'm unaware if anyone's even asked her.
Why she allowed what she allowed seems unthinkable in light of what happened, but clearly to her it was within bounds.
The how or the why, we cannot know, aside from speculating that SS was very good at making her feel comfortable allowing it. If it ever comes out that she was fully aware of the abuse, she deserves the same harsh penalty SS does.

Until then, I just feel sorry for her.

Of course I can't answer those questions and I'm unaware if anyone's even asked her.
Why she allowed what she allowed seems unthinkable in light of what happened, but clearly to her it was within bounds.
The how or the why, we cannot know, aside from speculating that SS was very good at making her feel comfortable allowing it. If it ever comes out that she was fully aware of the abuse, she deserves the same harsh penalty SS does.

Until then, I just feel sorry for her.
Oh, I didn’t expect you or anyone else to answer all of those questions, we all know the answer to the first three. As for the last two questions,
all we know is that a young girl was sexually assaulted repeated for years and now she’s dead.

IMO

I think it's undisputed that at a minimum, JS is responsible for child endangerment. Obviously, the endangerment led to the death of her only child, and personally, I don't know how she lives with herself.

Maybe she's catatonic and will forever be given there's been no mention or sighting of JS since the arrest of SS and murder charges more than five months ago! In this day, I think this is pretty significant. No leaks, sighting, nothing!

Relative to JS, unfortunately, we only know of and/or observed JS during what would be the worst time in the life of any parent-- including mother, JS.

Based on observation and opinions of body language and behavioral experts who viewed the same videos we've seen, I've long agreed that there is something off about JS. What's not clear is the actual medical and mental history of JS.

Looking back, I think JS was overwhelmed with parenting a child since the birth of MS and speculate she had significant assistance from her father, followed by SS, who targeted JS because she had the golden egg -- a child. And SS was textbook perfect in predation, grooming, and manipulation-- successfully keeping the trust of mother and child until MS began to challenge her abuser.

Lastly, I think it's very much possible that JS had outside forces following their own instincts to separate SS from MS and probably why SS moved out of the Soto residence in December. For example, JS father and MS grandfather, owner of the residence, giving JS an ultimatum to remove SS from the home or forfeit her tenancy. This is all speculation and MOO, and we will probably have to wait until trial to learn the true dynamics of this case.

And I'm also trusting that JS is probably not competent to speak to investigators at this time and/or where they have insufficient information here to determine JS mens rea (specific intent/mental state)-- hence the silence by Investigators.

I'm reminded of Matthew Coleman who confessed to driving his children to Mexico where he murdered them with a spear, and has been in the custody of federal BPO/mental institution going on 4 years hoping to restore him competent to face trial. Here, BOP physician determined that Coleman met the criteria for unspecified schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders as set out in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and was not competent to stand trial. Prior to this unthinkable event, Coleman and his wife ran a successful surfing school in Santa Barbara.

This is such a disturbing case. IMO, giving birth alone does not make for a mother. And while I mostly feel that absent any maternal instinct to protect her child and/or put the needs of her child above her own need for a 'babysitter with benefits,' I don't think JS should have had custody of MS or any child.

But I also have to acknowledge that unlike Coleman, my opinion of JS is absent crucial information about JS's mental history before, during, or after SS.

And so we wait...

MOO

Maybe. When i saw the body cam footage of SS and JS in her mom's office building i didn't get that idea by their dynamic. JS was in my opinion taking the lead, very talkative and was not afraid to correct SS on details. She didn't seem a timid, insecure lady. To be fair i don't know what is going on behind closed doors.

Only that it was from JS initiative to go sleep together upstairs. (Just my very personal opinion; Who even does that. Her lovely madeline was 13! years old. They (JS and MS) could sleep together and she would have been totally unbothered. And her daughter would have felt save. /rantoff)
RBBM
Not everyone who is gaslighted is timid and insecure; confident and smart people can be gaslit.

I think it's undisputed that at a minimum, JS is responsible for child endangerment. Obviously, the endangerment led to the death of her only child, and personally, I don't know how she lives with herself.

Maybe she's catatonic and will forever be given there's been no mention or sighting of JS since the arrest of SS and murder charges more than five months ago! In this day, I think this is pretty significant. No leaks, sighting, nothing!

Relative to JS, unfortunately, we only know of and/or observed JS during what would be the worst time in the life of any parent-- including mother, JS.

Based on observation and opinions of body language and behavioral experts who viewed the same videos we've seen, I've long agreed that there is something off about JS. What's not clear is the actual medical and mental history of JS.

Looking back, I think JS was overwhelmed with parenting a child since the birth of MS and speculate she had significant assistance from her father, followed by SS, who targeted JS because she had the golden egg -- a child. And SS was textbook perfect in predation, grooming, and manipulation-- successfully keeping the trust of mother and child until MS began to challenge her abuser.

Lastly, I think it's very much possible that JS had outside forces following their own instincts to separate SS from MS and probably why SS moved out of the Soto residence in December. For example, JS father and MS grandfather, owner of the residence, giving JS an ultimatum to remove SS from the home or forfeit her tenancy. This is all speculation and MOO, and we will probably have to wait until trial to learn the true dynamics of this case.

And I'm also trusting that JS is probably not competent to speak to investigators at this time and/or where they have insufficient information here to determine JS mens rea (specific intent/mental state)-- hence the silence by Investigators.

I'm reminded of Matthew Coleman who confessed to driving his children to Mexico where he murdered them with a spear, and has been in the custody of federal BPO/mental institution going on 4 years hoping to restore him competent to face trial. Here, BOP physician determined that Coleman met the criteria for unspecified schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders as set out in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and was not competent to stand trial. Prior to this unthinkable event, Coleman and his wife ran a successful surfing school in Santa Barbara.

This is such a disturbing case. IMO, giving birth alone does not make for a mother. And while I mostly feel that absent any maternal instinct to protect her child and/or put the needs of her child above her own need for a 'babysitter with benefits,' I don't think JS should have had custody of MS or any child.

But I also have to acknowledge that unlike Coleman, my opinion of JS is absent crucial information about JS's mental history before, during, or after SS.

And so we wait...

MOO
Your perspective makes a lot of sense. I suppose I’m jaded by the many criminal cases of abuse, neglect and filicide and the pathetic lies parents use to avoid punishment. You bring up a good point as to why she hasn’t been accused of allowing the sexual abuse of MS to continue or if she was aware of SS involvement in her death.

This mother is still not arrested? I was accused of abandonment when I took my kid to a book store library time and went for a few minutes to get my book off the shelf. They said I dropped him off then left the store. CPS refused to investigate and actually were angry at the false allegations.

The point is....

Imagine if I left my child alone, multiple times, in bed with this predator? I would be peeling potatos in the prison mess hall.

* Just how it looks to me *

Gaslighting is like a Death by a thousand papercuts, the way a major negative change which happens slowly in many unnoticed increments is not perceived as objectionable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back