CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The time window may be bigger then we realize. BH spoke on the phone to someone (maid?) at 10 am on the morning he vanished. That is the last time someone other than the SIL can verify BH was alive and at the house.

Because there was a meeting that got "heated"the night before between BH and his daughters, I will not use the daughters or the SIL as a means to make a timeline.

Furthermore, the fact that one of the daughters volunteered that there were "no threats" at the meeting is disturbing to me.

I'm wondering if, or how well have you known Mr. Harrod, or his wife, or her family, or Mr. H's family, or the barber lady? Was Mr. H a good friend of yours, to know how/what he would have or have not been thinking?
Is it that you have a direct connection and are not able to see beyond the foul play theory, while everyone else has considered and discussed all foul play and voluntary missing possibilities. Perhaps nobody has a true clear picture of Mr. H's thinking at that time. I am not convinced either way, based on what has been written by others. Is there true factual information you can share to help others understand your interest in this disturbing disappearance of Mr. H. To understand your viewpoint could stimulate thought for others to help solve a mystery. Please share. Thanks!

Angelo:
If we look at a timeline within your stated parameters,
then there is no timeline to look at.
We do not know the times of phone calls that morning or afternoon.
Only the PPD have that information.
If we discount SIL and daughters statements,
there is nothing left.
The housekeeper has not been quoted anywhere in print
about the time of arrival that day.
Or the time of departure.

We have one dated and time stamped receipt.
We have a reference by a neighbor that Robert H was seen that day.
But no time given.

What else can we use?
Is there something I/we have missed?

IMO: I am going to use
timelines from reports in news articles.
Although, the times have been all over
the place, that happens in news reports in
all kinds of cases.
Probably silly to rely on news articles, but
right now, that is what we or I have to work with.

IMO: I thought originally that barber lady had something
to do with Robert H's disappearance, but she has been
ruled out by PPD.

For myself, even though I would love it if Mr. Harrod came back and proved me wrong, I cannot fathom an 81 year old man deciding he is going to walk out and leave everything behind. At 81, the reality is you have no idea how much time you have left, and I can't see him wasting ONE day hiding somewhere waiting for the chips to fall.

<snipped> (to Angelo)
I'm wondering if, or how well have you known Mr. Harrod, or his wife, or her family, or Mr. H's family, or the barber lady? Was Mr. H a good friend of yours, to know how/what he would have or have not been thinking?

Isn't it ALL conjecture on here? Why insinuate someone is a friend of anyone just because they are putting out an opinion different from your own?

<snipped>
We have one dated and time stamped receipt.
We have a reference by a neighbor that Robert H was seen that day.
But no time given.

Where did you find a report about a neighbor seeing Mr. Harrod on Monday? I read that the last sighting of Mr. Harrod by a neighbor was on the Saturday before he vanished.

IMO...The window of opportunity for BH to have gone missing is between 10 am and whatever time the maid arrived at his house.

I have no connection to Bob Harrod whatsoever and I don't think he left voluntarily. Initially I considered that as well as some other possibilities, but after reading articles, posts, etc. I formed a personal opinion about what I think most likely happened. I certainly could be wrong, but that's where I'm at right now based on the information available.

Until any more info is released, the window I am going by is Monday, 10AM to ~2:30-2:45PM.

==========
Harrod was known to take walks near his home, but none of neighbors remembered seeing him since Saturday, Loomis said.

==========

Bob Harrod talked to the housekeeper on the phone earlier that morning and told her to come.

==========

Officials have said that at 10 a.m. July 27 there was a phone call to Bob Harrod, which is the last time anyone other than Jeff Michaels verified he was at the house. Police are not releasing the content of those phone records.

==========

Michaels told police he left the house for Home Depot to buy supplies around 2:30 p.m., and time stamped-receipts bear him out, Loomis said. About 2:30 p.m. was the last time anyone says they saw Bob Harrod.
Michaels said he returned to the house after 3 p.m. to find the Harrods' longtime maid sitting on the front stoop, saying the door was locked.

http://cbs2.com/local/newlywed.groom.missing.2.1120666.html
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/harrod-bob-police-2598739-fontelle-michaels
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/...RecommendedOnly=0&oncommentsPage=5#slComments

<snipped> & bolded by me

"I am NOT convinced EITHER way, based on what has been written by others."

Hoping for some additional insight since Police have hopefully fully investigated all leads but aren't coming up with anything new to tell and no solid evidence or suspects so far.
So it seems because they aren't telling.

This case is very frustrating.
Robert Harrod has been missing a little over 3 months now.

What is so frustrating, besides the fact that none of know what happened to him,
is there are not many 81 year old men who go missing and are never found.

From what I gleaned from the internet, most elderly that go missing have some sort of dementia and are found fairly fast. Sometimes, when they are found, the car was down an old abandoned road. Confusion leads to mistakes.
Even when elderly are killed, they are usually found in their home or nearby.
In rare instances, an elderly person will just disappear, but they have usually been labeled a loner, always kept to himself.

What I am trying to say is, Robert Harrod's missing person status, is unusual.
Within a three month time frame, he 'should' have been found.
He has not.

Did he have Alzheimer's? From what I have read, he may have had a few memory problems, as most people do.
He is 81. But, no, not Alzheimer's.

Did someone harm him? If so, it certainly wasn't around his home.
There has been no evidence at all.

Was he a loner?
I don't think he had tons of friends. I am unsure how often he saw his daughters. I don't think it was every week for Sunday dinner.
They probably talked by phone and saw each other for birthdays and holidays.
There were neighbors he chatted with.
But, he did see the barber lady.
He did meet and marry Fontelle. And by all accounts, was happy with that decision.

So, where is he?

Mr Harrod most likely met with foul play.

The only people cleared in the case are the barber and her husband. I wonder if they took lie detector tests.

Just because there is no evidence of a crime in the home, it does not mean whatever happened did not happen there. IMO it most likely did.

Many times there is evidence lacking where a crime is committed.

I think foul play is what happened to Robert Harrod too.

But who?
IMO: All close to him have been ruled out.
I know others disagree,
but I just think there is something
the PPD knows
and we do not.

Whatever it is, Robert Harrod
deserves to be found
and his killer deserves
to be punished.

OC Register article: Interesting comment.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/harrod-bob-police-2598739-fontelle-michaels
Comments section:
'snipped'
watchfulneighbor wrote:
I am a very concerned neighbor of Robert Harrod. Prior to his disappearance there was a younger woman that was frequently parked in his driveway a Black Tahoe (I believe). Within recent days we have walked the neighborhood and have witnessed many strangers staying at Robert's home; throwing property away in the trash; why would strangers do this? Out of concern we have photographed these happenings, such as Robert's car not seen in the driveway and of this woman's vehicle parked at his residence. Then we saw the Black vehicle again in the driveway the younger woman Robert was seeing. Unfortunately I need to speak up now on Robert's behalf as I have overheard in the past months prior to Robert missing and the week of Robert's recent marriage during our walks in the neighborhood. The woman that drives this vehicle has a temper we have heard her screaming and cussing at Robert H. on several occasions. Why would this person be allowed back into Robert's residence? Are the Placentia Police Department doing welfare checks to see if Robert has returned? Is he held prisoner in his home by these strangers? Why is Robert's wife of 8 days still residing in his families home. Where are his daughters? Why are they not checking in at his home? Is there a side to this story that the public is not informed about? Why would the young woman that had a relationship with Robert return to visit his wife. I am very concerned and suspicious. Please if Robert is being held in his home, allow him to see his family and come out publicly.
11/3/2009 3:10:59 PM

Wow, why would a new wife ever want to befriend a previous girlfriend (the barber lady)? Ms. H, who made the initial missing person report, should have expressed her suspicions in that report, and as a participant at the in-home reporting of a financial elder abuse report after his disappearance. I recall reading that and also about an expressed fear of Bob's younger girlfriend as a reason for rushed marriage before the trip back to her home. Is she no longer concerned about her own safety? Was this all an act, or part of a plan? All neighbors should have already been questioned and reporting to the police their own observations both before and after Mr. H's disappearance. Possible added motive and/or conspiracy are only now surfacing though it may never be known.

Based upon reading between the lines about how Mr. H and his deceased wife made all their money together, I'm sure Mr. H and his deceased wife were very conscientious and meticulous about their taxes and money. Why would house guests be throwing family belongings out as trash. IRS ignorant guests would be an ill-fitted match for any money-wise man. Are they assuming Mr. H is dead. Is Mr. H being held in his own home? It's doubtful but, anything is possible. Perhaps Mr. H will return and disapprovingly observe for himself what has been happening at his home.

This story is such a sad and weird mystery. I hope, for everyone concerned, it is solved soon.

I remember one of BH's daughters posting on another forum about the barber woman "screaming at the top of her lungs" at her father.

Could the daughter now be posting on another forum as a "concerned neighbor?"

The barber woman and her husband have been cleared by LE.

Also, Fontelle is not a stranger to BH, she is his wife.

The daughter also posted about her father's car being moved and the barber woman visiting Fontelle.

In fact, the daughter posted that their attorney had contacted Fontelle about "third parties" driving BH's vehicle.

Is "Watchful Neighbor" really "Watchful Daughter?"

I wonder what BH may have confided to the barber woman and Fontelle.

Interesting...
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=67544

Placentia Police Detectives say they can&#8217;t confirm any theories of how or why Robert disappeared. The only theory they&#8217;ve ruled out is that Robert was met with foul play at the hands of a stranger.
These are the few facts that police will assert:

Robert was well off, but not the type to finance an extended leave or stay at a hotel.
There has been no activity on Robert&#8217;s bank accounts.
Robert was not known to walk on his own farther than his own neighborhood.
Family members say he sometimes had a hard time remembering phone numbers.
Robert didn&#8217;t have any known medical conditions.

I remember one of BH's daughters posting on another forum about the barber woman "screaming at the top of her lungs" at her father.

Could the daughter now be posting on another forum as a "concerned neighbor?"

The barber woman and her husband have been cleared by LE.

Also, Fontelle is not a stranger to BH, she is his wife.
====================

The watchfulneighbor also posted in OC Register, asking 'where are his daughters, why aren't they checking in at his home...

I don't think the daughters are watchfulneighbor.

Yes, the barber lady and husband have been cleared by LE, but
also LE has said that no one is a suspect now.

IMO: And, although Fontelle is Robert Harrod's wife, she is virtually a
stranger. I note that they have not spent much time together
before or after their marriage.
As I recall, they spent 4 to 6 weeks talking by phone, and
then 3 or 4 days together in CA before they married and then
another 3 or 4 days together before F had to leave for MO, to
gather her belongings and return to CA.
And as we know, Robert H vanished before she returned.

I do want to say that I am glad Robert H has a watchful neighbor.

The daughter also posted about her father's car being moved and the barber woman visiting Fontelle.

In fact, the daughter posted that their attorney had contacted Fontelle about "third parties" driving BH's vehicle.

Is "Watchful Neighbor" really "Watchful Daughter?"

I wonder what BH may have confided to the barber woman and Fontelle.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I too wonder what Robert Harrod confided to the barber lady and Fontelle.

I also wonder what else Robert H confided in his daughters about... things that they left unsaid in posts on another forum.

I also wonder what else Robert H confided in his daughters about... things that they left unsaid in posts on another forum.

IMHO, the daughters didnt leave much unsaid on the other Forum. Perhaps they said too much.

DW.....You posted on the other forum when the daughters were posting. Do you keep in touch with the daughters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyH