Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped>
Robert Harrod's daughters do know what their dad is like.
He probably was a penny pinching, tight fisted man.

In their eyes, perhaps. To others he might have been "penny-wise" and "fiancially disciplined". Maybe that's how he accumulated his wealth. It's all how you look at it.

Many comments refer to daughter(s)...all three daughters. Why are we talking in terms of three (3) offenders?

Maybe Bob's three daughters have nothing to do with his disappearance. Yes, they are unhappy, worried, upset their dad abruptly got married, but not enough to harm him. After all, if Bob has been tight about money his entire life, why would the three daughters by so upset now...seems they would be used to it?

Why not be concerned about the ones who are quiet? Maybe one of the son-in-laws got tired of waiting for the money; after all, who doesn't want to retire early with extra money in the bank or have a little college money laying around? I doubt it would take a whole lot to overcome feisty Bob! mho

IMO, just speculation on my part:

I think grief about their mother’s passing, anger about how Bob was spending money, his new marriage and what that meant re inheritance, and the daughters’ sense of entitlement, were all events that played a part and came to a head that Sunday/Monday.

Neighbor last saw Bob on Saturday. Bob and Fontelle spoke twice daily while she was in MO, and she last spoke to him that Sunday evening. I think that after the daughters left on Sunday, Bob spoke to Fontelle that evening and told her about what happened and that the daughters threatened him. I say this because the daughter posted on another forum that “there were NO threats and they all left on good terms.” Why would she post this specifically about “threats” unless someone (e.g. Bob to Fontelle that evening) had said there were threats and that was communicated to PPD after Bob went missing?

I think something bad happened to Bob that Monday, between ~10AM and ~2:30PM, but more likely earlier in the day and not closer to 2:30PM. The reason I think Monday (not Sunday) is because the latest OCR article says Bob spoke to the housekeeper that Monday morning and told her to come. I tend to believe that (for now anyway). The changing timelines from daughters about time last and phone call/conversation makes me suspicious of the 2:30PM time SIL supposedly last saw Bob. IMO, I think perhaps it has since changed to 2:30PM so it would seem the SIL didn’t have time to do anything to Bob. All we know is there is a Home Depot receipt saying he paid for items at 3:04PM and an alleged trip to CVS earlier that morning to buy "soda and paper plates."

If Bob was really fine and at home until Monday 2:30PM, why hadn’t he spoken with Fontelle that Monday if they spoke twice daily? That would have been 4:30PM her time in MO. I think it was because Bob was either incapacitated or taken from the house earlier that Monday.

Not sure what I think happened exactly, whether it was hastily planned after the Sunday argument, or whether the one daughter went home and vented to her husband (Bob’s SIL), and the SIL got angry and took matters into his own hands that Monday. But I think it was the SIL and daughters were involved in some way, either before or right after. And their subsequent interviews and numerous posts on another forum were intended to cover up, throw suspicion elsewhere, and get attention and sympathy for themselves.

Those are my exact thoughts on what happened to BH.

IMO:
Robert H's disappearance is not linked to
the usual people.
I think the fact that PPD are holding back
the phone records, who called, when,
for how long, may be an indication
of someone else
that we do not know anything about.

If,
just thinking out loud,
if he had started loaning or giving money
to someone else, not the barber
and certainly not his new wife.
or
maybe something so
little like
he pulled out in
front of someone at the
grocery store
or
he ran over the curb in
the neighborhood and
ticked off one of the neighbors
or
anything along this line.

Where could Bob Harrod be?

Someone came by the house that afternoon and
maybe asked him out to lunch
or come and talk with them?

And he has not been seen since.

I wonder if the police have asked anyone involved to take a lie detector test.

One of BH's daughters posted on another forum that if she were asked she would be first in line.

The only people who have been cleared are the barber and her husband.

I wonder if the police have asked anyone involved to take a lie detector test.

One of BH's daughters posted on another forum that if she were asked she would be first in line.

The only people who have been cleared are the barber and her husband.

LE says the Barber and her husband have been cleared but can they just be saying that to let them think theyre off the hook and give them time to mess up. I still think it's The Barber Lady..JMHO

LE says the Barber and her husband have been cleared but can they just be saying that to let them think theyre off the hook and give them time to mess up. I still think it's The Barber Lady..JMHO

Well, I thought I was on to something. My parents live in a Senior apt complex 1.85 miles from where Bob lived. While reading the thread last night I had one of those OMG moments. I realized there was a woman that lived at the complex that was a barber that had defrauded alot of the seniors there out of thousands of dollars. She has since moved out to the desert but continues to send letters to the seniors asking for MORE money and requesting they deposit money into her bank acct. I contacted Placentia PD with her name and was told it was NOT the name of the Barber lady connected to this case.

Lately, I've been wondering if maybe Bob did find someone to help him disappear and is just waiting to see who he can trust and believe in...

Lately, I've been wondering if maybe Bob did find someone to help him disappear and is just waiting to see who he can trust and believe in...

I don't think that's the case, for two reasons.

#1: If all the reports are true about Mr. Harrod's love of his money and possessions, then why would he leave everything behind deliberately?

#2:If he wasn't sure about Fontelle, then he could have had it anulled. Why would he leave everything to "find out the truth"?

No, unfortunately, I believe there is foulplay here.

Could Mr. H have found out something about his wife that scared him or overwhelmed him, perhaps an interest in controlling him or his stuff? Was he in his right mind when he made those recent hasty decisions? Was he missing his former life? Did he regret getting married in a hurry without knowing the person? Mr. H grew up in a different era. If in those shoes, I could be scared off, at least for awhile until I could go back to being in control of my own life as before without expectation of confrontation.
IMHO = thoughts I don't think have been expressed before. Foul play maybe but, regrets a maybe also. Not enough true confirmed facts to decide. Newspapers are notorious for reporting perceived news, or edited version, not necessarily totally accurate. Still thinking about this mystery.

I don't think that's the case, for two reasons.

#1: If all the reports are true about Mr. Harrod's love of his money and possessions, then why would he leave everything behind deliberately?

#2:If he wasn't sure about Fontelle, then he could have had it anulled. Why would he leave everything to "find out the truth"?

No, unfortunately, I believe there is foulplay here.
======================================

1. Maybe Mr Harrod had enough cash on hand to live quietly somewhere for awhile?

2. True. I think he would have to file for divorce, not anullment.

I think it is foul play also. But maybe by someone we don't even know of yet.

Could Mr. H have found out something about his wife that scared him or overwhelmed him, perhaps an interest in controlling him or his stuff? Was he in his right mind when he made those recent hasty decisions? Was he missing his former life? Did he regret getting married in a hurry without knowing the person? Mr. H grew up in a different era. If in those shoes, I could be scared off, at least for awhile until I could go back to being in control of my own life as before without expectation of confrontation.
IMHO = thoughts I don't think have been expressed before. Foul play maybe but, regrets a maybe also. Not enough true confirmed facts to decide. Newspapers are notorious for reporting perceived news, or edited version, not necessarily totally accurate. Still thinking about this mystery.
====================================

This is either a very complex case, as it seems now, or a very simple case, but we just cannot see the answer yet.

Mr Harrod by all accounts, was happy to be married to F.
There are those news videos with him speaking about F.

Mr Harrod was sprucing up the house before F's return.

Mr Harrod talked to F twice a day.
Until that Monday, when they did not talk.

That Mon., sil over, running the errands and doing the small repairs.
Mr H is on the phone, arranging for the housecleaner to come over that afternoon, talking to his daughter and probably other people.
There are reports that he is wearing his white pants, a nice shirt and his white dress shoes. For some people of that age group, that is dressing up.
I don't know for sure. Maybe he dressed like that all the time.
Somewhere that afternoon, 2:30pm ish, Mr Harrod leaves the house.
Taking his car keys and wallet.
He leaves behind his checkbook, his glasses and the house key.
So, did someone swing by and pick him up?
Did he go for a walk?

I think there is a possibility he just wanted out of the whole thing.
The new wife, the barber lady continuing to ask for money, family
wanting him to take care of paperwork, and just thought, I am leaving.
Let them sort it out.
But,
how did he leave?
Car, taxi, bus, friend? His car is in the driveway.
what did he take with him?
Not his checkbook which is how he paid for things. No debit card.

I just want him to be found.

On Monday BH left his house but we do not know how.

Was he alive, unconscious or dead when he was taken?

I don't believe he left on his own accord.

FWIW, Bob’s daughter posted on another forum that Bob said he had no plans to go anywhere that day. It’s also been reported that he was “last seen wearing a white hat.” If he had no plans to go out I don’t think he would have been "last seen wearing a hat," unless he was outside doing yard work and had a hat on, or it was just assumed he was wearing a hat and reported that way. I found several pictures of him in his house and in the backyard. One picture shows him on the phone and there are several white hats sitting on a bookshelf behind him (attached). Below are several reports of what he was supposedly last seen wearing for reference.

July 30 – PPD Flyer
Clothing: Unknown color shirt, white pants, white hat
http://www.placentiapd.org/pd/PDF/misc/09-3263 920A HARROD-1.pdf

Aug 13 – IS
Dad may have been wearing a pinkish/red stone masonic ring and a thin gold wedding band. May have been wearing white Reebocks type shoes, thin white knee-hi socks, white polyester pants, white belt, and an unknown color shirt over a white V-neck undershirt. Dad would have had a light colored hat to protect his head from the sun.

Aug 14 – America’s Most Wanted
He was last seen wearing an unknown color shirt, white pants and a white hat.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=67544

Aug 14 – Project Jason Website
Clothing: He was wearing a white hat, white shorts, white belt, white knee high socks, and white reebok tennis shoes. He usually wears a white v-neck undershirt.

http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?action=printpage;topic=6671.0
Different flyer from what PPD has on their site: http://www.projectjason.org/aan/AAN_RobertHarrod.pdf

Attachments

• Harrod_Pics0001.jpg
    Harrod_Pics0001.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 60
From what I have read, Bob was happy that he married Fontelle, they spoke twice daily while she was away, he was preparing for her return, and he spoke to the housekeeper on Monday morning and told her to come. It sounds to me like he had his mind made up about what he wanted to do with his life. I really don’t think that between that morning and 2:30PM he suddenly had a change of heart and decided to leave town for a while.

It was his family who was not happy about what he was doing and had a problem with him as demonstrated by calls to social services, posting on a public board about specifics regarding money he spent/checks written, and by their going to his house the day before for copies of their mother’s will, which obviously didn’t go well.

Sometimes people do bad things for one reason or another. Sometimes it takes awhile to gather evidence for an arrest, and sometimes an arrest never happens because there isn’t enough evidence.

I too hope they find out what happened to him and that there is justice if person(s) did something to him.

BBM
That's what I was thinking too, maybe he realized something about her during her away phone calls. IIRC, that was the first thing the police thought too.

======================================

1. Maybe Mr Harrod had enough cash on hand to live quietly somewhere for awhile?

2. True. I think he would have to file for divorce, not anullment.

I think it is foul play also. But maybe by someone we don't even know of yet.

Maybe he did have a lot of cash on hand - hidden somewhere for occasions just like that. ??

Foul play?
Narrow window of time.
Planned visit known by Robert Harrod?
Unexpected visit by a 'friend' of Robert H?
or
Get the heck out of Dodge?
Narrow window of time.
Planned escape with 'friends'?
Unexpected information and/or friend
who then helped Robert H leave?

Foul play?
Narrow window of time.
Planned visit known by Robert Harrod?
Unexpected visit by a 'friend' of Robert H?
or
Get the heck out of Dodge?
Narrow window of time.
Planned escape with 'friends'?
Unexpected information and/or friend
who then helped Robert H leave?

The time window may be bigger then we realize. BH spoke on the phone to someone (maid?) at 10 am on the morning he vanished. That is the last time someone other than the SIL can verify BH was alive and at the house.

Because there was a meeting that got "heated"the night before between BH and his daughters, I will not use the daughters or the SIL as a means to make a timeline.

Furthermore, the fact that one of the daughters volunteered that there were "no threats" at the meeting is disturbing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member