CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder...Fontelle says she spoke with Bob twice a day, every day. Any chance that she spoke with Bob that morning and LE are asking her to keep it quiet?

Great point. Fontelle stated they talked in the morning and again at night.

For the benefit of some of our newer guests and sleuthers-

This is the timeline and media links thread:
LINK HERE

Here is the Court Documents Thread:
LINK HERE

Here is a link to the SAR group discussion regarding possible locations for Mr Harrod:
LINK HERE

Throwing my 2 cents in here. I've not read the threads, but watched Disappeared last night. One thing really, really stood out to me.

Bob worked all his life. He made a good living and managed his money well.It made him a millionaire they said. Being a good father he set up a trust for his daughters. Now if that had been my dad, I would have been appreciative he did that, and at his death, I would have taken over the trust in whatever way that was supposed to have been done. And been grateful my dad left me with no money worries.

But these daughters? Oh, no, they get greedy and demanding while he is still alive and well.... like it is already theirs to do with what they want and ...well, I guess it is their "he owe this to me attitude" that got to me about what nerve they had. He didn't owe them anything that he didn't choose to give them!

I think his DD's plotted it and the SIL did the dirty work and hid the body well. Unless it is found, they will all get away with murder. WHen Bob decided to get married, they didn't want to share anything and that was the catalyst to kill him.

It doesn't matter what kind of relationship they may or may not have had with their dad growing up. This was his money he worked for , not theirs.

Throwing my 2 cents in here. I've not read the threads, but watched Disappeared last night. One thing really, really stood out to me.

Bob worked all his life. He made a good living and managed his money well.It made him a millionaire they said. Being a good father he set up a trust for his daughters. Now if that had been my dad, I would have been appreciative he did that, and at his death, I would have taken over the trust in whatever way that was supposed to have been done. And been grateful my dad left me with no money worries.

But these daughters? Oh, no, they get greedy and demanding while he is still alive and well.... like it is already theirs to do with what they want and ...well, I guess it is their "he owe this to me attitude" that got to me about what nerve they had. He didn't owe them anything that he didn't choose to give them!

I think his DD's plotted it and the SIL did the dirty work and hid the body well. Unless it is found, they will all get away with murder. WHen Bob decided to get married, they didn't want to share anything and that was the catalyst to kill him.

It doesn't matter what kind of relationship they may or may not have had with their dad growing up. This was his money he worked for , not theirs.

:bow: It does seem just that straightforward doesnt it? The rest is white noise, imo.

Finally caught up reading here, as I could not stay up all night. Wow, just wow! So nice to see new people posting on this thread.

I am uncertain where the figures have been comming from with respect to the grandson.

It seems these figures have grown legs over the past months.

AH never used as I have shown in previous posts, that he ever used the total amount that BOTH his grandparents agreed to.

The numbers are quite explicit in the depo.

As well, he returned the home to the trust, so I am uncertain where individuals are comming up with the grandson have this vast amount of money given to him.

Ah was repaying that loan back at approximately $3,000.00 / month.

He stopped when his grandfather disappeared and Fontelle chose to contest the trust.

I thought this has been gone over.

The numbers come from Andrew Harrod's deposition. He provided the numbers.

Perhaps you should review AH's depo again.

Great post!

Let's ponder the coincidences raised by RB:
1.) The poison pen letter she wrote to her father's attorney was dated exactly 10 days prior to Bob's disappearance.

2.) Bob disappeared 24 hours after a heated family meeting.

Both "coincidences" had to do with the money in the trust. The letter is a demand for information regarding the ByPass trust. LE stated on the show that the motive for Bob's disappearance is rooted in the fight for his money.

Uh huh. Coincidence. Sure.

Or not.

1.) The poison pen letter she wrote to her father's attorney was dated exactly 10 days prior to Bob's disappearance.

Both "coincidences" had to do with the money in the trust. The letter is a demand for information regarding the ByPass trust. LE stated on the show that the motive for Bob's disappearance is rooted in the fight for his money.

Or not.

BBM~~~~

View RB's letter here.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #9

Or not.

I vote NOT or extremely suspicious anyway.

Bob's grandson, AH's deposition:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod-Court Documents No discussion

It's a large file and takes a few minutes to load.

From AH's depo. page 37 starting at line 21.

Q: Did she (PB) ever just come out in substance and ask you why you weren't paying the trust deed?

A: Yes.

Q: Your response would be?

A: Again, not recalling the specifics, the gist was that it wasn't my grandfathers intent.

Skip to page 50, line 9 where the questions again relate to Bob's "intent" according to AH.

Q: Do you recall telling me in that conversation that your Aunts, as trustees, were doing some things that did not sit well with you?

A: Yes.

Q: What did you mean by that?

A: I meant that I didn't believe that they were following through with the intentions that my grandfather had.

Q: What is your understanding of the intentions your grandfather had?

A: That my note was to be forgiven upon his death or --

Bumping to bring current. FTR, AH stopped paying his mortgage the same week his grandfather disappeared.

Just adding up the numbers from AH's deposition and it looks like Bob loaned him about a million dollars.

250K on Windflower when the house was first purchased.
650K or so that was the current note when he stopped paying his mortgage
100K or so in personal loans.

That's a lot of money. I'd be curious to see how much of it was actually paid back.

Bumping this post current also. The above numbers are provided or confirmed by AH in his depo linked in my previous post.

I am brand new here and have only made it to half way through thread 8, so please forgive me for jumping in and probably getting ahead of myself.

I have some niggling questions.

1) Has anyone ever timed how long it takes to change bedding? I once timed that it took me 3 minutes to make up a bed. I would imagine 30 minutes being ample time to completely change bedding. My housekeeper did it MUCH quicker than that, MUCH!

2) Some speculate that on that day a list of "memorobilia" was being compiled, thus the house being gone thro.

3) I cannot help buy wonder WHERE were Bob's notes about adding Fontelle to his estates?

4)Wouldn't some prefer to confiscate and destroy those? I would think these could later be used as admissable evidence as to Bob's intentions which some found so highly objectionable.

4) Is it that it was all ready conceded that they existed that they were left intact?

I apologize for jumping in in the middle but this has not been mentioned in the first 8 1/2 threads.

I shall return to reading and try to get up to speed, perhaps this has all ready been answered.

I deeply regret that I was not able to watch the disappeared episode, I will surely purchase it..does any of the proceeds go to organizations for the missing?

TIA

"I suggest that you may wish to protect your client, our father Robert M Harrod, by reminding him of the California Probate Code, and advising that he is in violation of the code..."

Daughter RB, writing to her father's attorney.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #9

I find the "intimidation/extortion" letter from Bob's daughters to Bob's lawyer regarding Bob's finances disdainful and laughable. What right do the daughters have to their father's money while he was still alive and mentally competent? It's Bob's hard-earned money. He gets to do with it however he wishes.

Do Bob's daughters, son-in-law and grandson have careers or are they solely dependent on Bob's estate?

You still do not understand the original intent of BH & GH in the family trust they setup together. I don't have time nor wherewithal at this late hour to explain again or refer you to numerous cites.

Daughter(s) were named to manage the financial affairs of their parents. They did not stand to gain anything from such responsibilities other than a huge headache. Little did they know, or expect, to have to defend their court-honored positions to online sleuths.

Believe what you will.

If you can get the basics down about the original Trust, then we can discuss what Mr Harrod did *not* do in his role as surviving Trustee.

Robert Harrod is still missing. Anyone with viable clues/tips can and should report them to LE.

~jmo~

Right, and I'll sell you the Leaning Tower of Pisa for $1.

The daughters have been fighting in court to gain COMPLETE control over their father's estate and you're claiming that they don't BENEFIT financially from their executorship/conservatorship? Whose eyes are you trying to pull the wool over?

I am brand new here and have only made it to half way through thread 8, so please forgive me for jumping in and probably getting ahead of myself.

1) Has anyone ever timed how long it takes to change bedding? I once timed that it took me 3 minutes to make up a bed. I would imagine 30 minutes being ample time to completely change bedding. My housekeeper did it MUCH quicker than that, MUCH!

2) Some speculate that on that day a list of "memorobilia" was being compiled, thus the house being gone thro.

3) I cannot help buy wonder WHERE were Bob's notes about adding Fontelle to his estates?

4)Wouldn't some prefer to confiscate and destroy those? I would think these could later be used as admissable evidence as to Bob's intentions which some found so highly objectionable.

4) Is it that it was all ready conceded that they existed that they were left intact?

I apologize for jumping in in the middle but this has not been mentioned in the first 8 1/2 threads.

I shall return to reading and try to get up to speed, perhaps this has all ready been answered.

I deeply regret that I was not able to watch the disappeared episode, I will surely purchase it..does any of the proceeds go to organizations for the missing?

TIA

Welcome and good for you for taking it all in!!

I dont know where the notes about the estate, checking acct etc were found. Yes, it seems reasonable that they would have been destroyed for the reason you mention, but I guess it would depend on where they were located or who had them.

Given how comprehensive the memorabilia list is, it seems also reasonable to believe that there was a period of time needed to get all of it down.

I tend to think about it this way:

No one seems to have had a key to Bob's house...no one who is a biological relative that is. I mean his daughter RB states in the episode that she called for a welfare check and that she wanted LE to get a key and look around.

Get a key from whom? And if someone had that key, why hadnt they already used it to get into the house and check for his welfare? His grandson lived one street over and we know he was home because he met LE at the house for the welfare check after getting a key from a trusted neighbor. (Check the incident report and MP report.)

In any case, it appears that none of the bio relatives had a key to Bob's house. That is an impressive list of memorabilia. Fontelle was residing in the house again on 7/29/2009. Prior to that, Bob had paid his children or forced his children to stay away from him. When was there time to create that list?

I assume that when JuM showed up to change the sheets in the early morning hours of 7/28/09, she had to occupy herself somehow. In between posting that her father had been gone for 28 hours and interviewing with the local media, that is. Maybe do a little laundry.

Thank you for raising the issue of the memorabilia list-it jumps the shark to believe that after downsizing from Monrovia to Placentia, Bob and Georgia owned nothing inside of that house.

And did you see that Julie asked for the sheets back?

I find the "intimidation/extortion" letter from Bob's daughters to Bob's lawyer regarding Bob's finances disdainful and laughable. What right do the daughters have to their father's money while he was still alive and mentally competent? It's Bob's hard-earned money. He gets to do with it however he wishes.

Do Bob's daughters, son-in-law and grandson have careers or are they solely dependent on Bob's estate?

The co-conservators retired after their father disappeared and JuM and JeM have posted that they receive SS or SSDI. It is hard to keep track.

At the time of his depo, AH appears to have been employed.

TIA

Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members