CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
cloudajo's updated reward poster can now be found in my signature, everyone. Thank you, cloudajo.

The other aspect of the quote from the Marriott case that got me was the appetite for the DA regarding No Body Homicides. The Deputy DA doesnt shy away and has an excellent conviction rate. It is wonderful to have a resource like that so close to OC.

Very basic question here, but how is it decided who has jurisdiction for prosecuting a case? Does it depend on where the crime took place, or where the victim lived, or where the alleged perp lived?

Very basic question here, but how is it decided who has jurisdiction for prosecuting a case? Does it depend on where the crime took place, or where the victim lived, or where the alleged perp lived?

Where the crime occurred.

I couldn't help hoping, so I did a little search for Memorial Day and Bob Harrod. I was hoping to find a little mention of flyers being handed out somewhere.

Nothing yet, except for WS and Bob's website.

I'm still not giving up though. I'll keep on looking until the end of the week, just in case a sentence about him turns up anywhere in the media. Even a sentence would do me. It's not so much I think the publicity would make a huge difference - I just want his daughters to show they really care.

It's all very well us strangers searching for Bob, but I know he would want his children to be looking for him most of all. I'm so sad that there is nothing we can do to make up for that.

A lifetime spent bringing up three children, loyally, side-by-side with their mother, and there is nothing to show for it now. It's so sad.

Bob could have run off and left them all when they were toddlers, for all the help we are seeing now. It just makes a mockery of all those years of his spent being a father, a husband, a provider. So sad.

The thanks button was not enough for your post, zwiebel. Your statement is both beautiful and sad at the same time, very sad.

I couldn't help hoping, so I did a little search for Memorial Day and Bob Harrod. I was hoping to find a little mention of flyers being handed out somewhere.

Nothing yet, except for WS and Bob's website.

I'm still not giving up though. I'll keep on looking until the end of the week, just in case a sentence about him turns up anywhere in the media. Even a sentence would do me. It's not so much I think the publicity would make a huge difference - I just want his daughters to show they really care.

It's all very well us strangers searching for Bob, but I know he would want his children to be looking for him most of all. I'm so sad that there is nothing we can do to make up for that.

A lifetime spent bringing up three children, loyally, side-by-side with their mother, and there is nothing to show for it now. It's so sad.

Bob could have run off and left them all when they were toddlers, for all the help we are seeing now. It just makes a mockery of all those years of his spent being a father, a husband, a provider. So sad.

The reality is they do not care, and what Bob has to show for it is his disappearance. Every single thing about Bob's daughters actions or lack of action indicates such.

It's heartbreaking, but it is what it is. Bob's daughters, son in law and grandson have shown not only us, but the world, who they really are and where their loyalties and interests lie when it comes to Bob, his money and his 'disappearance'.

You may still have hope, but I've seen what the efforts made by Bob's daughters are all about and I've come to the conclusion there is no bottom for them. It's an infinite bottom and they will continue to do whatever they can to protect their interests.

No doubt they have shown their true colors through this missing persons case.

I did another search this morning. But I accidentally left off the 'day' from memorial. Of course, what I got up on the search page was lots of other Bob Harrods who 'passed away on so and so date, surrounded by family'.

Bob deserved to have a memorial like that too, but that can never happen now.

Well, yet again on another thread someone's tripped themselves up with a moving timeline and changing stories and attempts to point the finger elsewhere. Now they're in jail facing murder charges and have left a trail of damage in their wake.

It's only guesswork, but I can't help thinking any homicide detective with a few years under their belt would find it pretty easy to spot the number one person of interest in most cases. 99 per cent of them seem to follow the same pattern. From the start, something just doesn't seem to add up.

I've seen WSers do it too on several threads; they get the story and the questions start coming - sometimes really fast. When a story doesn't add up, they spot it.

As we all know now, lots about Bob's story doesn't add up. But I do think a good DA will one day make a lot more sense of it than we have seen so far. There's a lot of information out there to play with. I would positively love to see what a good prosecutor does with it, when Bob's case comes to trial.

I often wonder what JuM would be be like if she ever had to give evidence in court. I don't think she'd do very well. I think she would be a catastrophy, in fact.

Although JuM could be a great help in cracking the case in the end, really.

If we ignore what she said to camera as being 'stage fright' (powerful thing, people can say all sorts of things) then that leaves her post about dad being missing approx 28 hours, I think it was. Writing something is a lot more reliable, imo. That made Bob's disappearance about 10 or 11 am, I think?

As it's highly unlikely Bob walked away, all LE has to do is discover what vehicle pulled away from Bob's house at this time. Undoubtedly, it contained Bob. Undoubtedly, it contained the person who disappeared him.

Approximately 28 hours ago would put Bob's disappearance around 10:00 am. IIRC, JuM posted that at 1:50 CA time the day following Bob's disappearance.

I wonder what JuM knows about that morning. The time she posted on her community forum and the time given by LE as the last (verified) time someone spoke via the telephone to Bob as more than just coincidence.

I imagine that will be one of the answers the DA explains to us when this finally get's to trial.

I don't think she'll be a wreck. If she is a defendant she won't have to take the stand. If she is called as a witness, perhaps she will have to be determined as a hostile witness. Especially since she's been less than forth coming when explaining the various conflicting time lines given by herself and her husband.

If I had a choice between the Cubs winning a World Series and Bob being found and his case brought to trial, Bob found and trial, hands down without a second thought.

I dream of the day this case will get to trial and Bob finally get's the justice he deserves.

JuM mentioned foul play in advance of LE...isnt that correct? LE was still waiting for Bob to come home when Fontelle arrived iirc. That is what PPD said on the Disappeared episode. They knew they would have a problem if Fontelle came home and there was still no Bob. But JuM stated on her community forum that foul play was suspected.

Odd.

Approximately 28 hours ago would put Bob's disappearance around 10:00 am. IIRC, JuM posted that at 1:50 CA time the day following Bob's disappearance.

I wonder what JuM knows about that morning. The time she posted on her community forum and the time given by LE as the last (verified) time someone spoke via the telephone to Bob as more than just coincidence.

I imagine that will be one of the answers the DA explains to us when this finally get's to trial.

I don't think she'll be a wreck. If she is a defendant she won't have to take the stand. If she is called as a witness, perhaps she will have to be determined as a hostile witness. Especially since she's been less than forth coming when explaining the various conflicting time lines given by herself and her husband.

If I had a choice between the Cubs winning a World Series and Bob being found and his case brought to trial, Bob found and trial, hands down without a second thought.

I dream of the day this case will get to trial and Bob finally get's the justice he deserves.

Everyone is a witness in a Grand Jury proceeding. You dont get to turn down their invitation. You dont get to choose not to speak. ;)

She may not want to appear, but she will have to. As will JeM. And everyone else. And you have to answer the questions the Grand Jury poses to you as well.

Everyone is a witness in a Grand Jury proceeding. You dont get to turn down their invitation. You dont get to choose not to speak. ;)

She may not want to appear, but she will have to. As will JeM. And everyone else. And you have to answer the questions the Grand Jury poses to you as well.

In that case I think the proceedings might be eye-opening. There have been a lot of contradictions with all the time in the world to think about answers. Imagine what it will be like with people in this case having to answer questions straightaway, without consulting or going back to delete.

In that case I think the proceedings might be eye-opening. There have been a lot of contradictions with all the time in the world to think about answers. Imagine what it will be like with people in this case having to answer questions straightaway, without consulting or going back to delete.

We can provide a transcript, at minimal cost, detailing all of those posts and statements for the purpose of refreshing her. Sometimes it is hard to keep all of those details straight in one's mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks