Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday Mr Harrod.

birthdaycake.jpg
Why are you stressing so much? You did an AMAZING job! What a nice tribute!

Beautiful cake, zwie! You did an amazing job. I love the colors you chose. They remind me of the msm video of Bob is his back yard garden.

Happy Birthday, Bob! We'll never quit searching until we can bring you home.

zwiebel, looking again at your cake, I think you vastly underestimate your baking and decorating skills. I can bake from scratch, but as for decorating...pffffttt. Forget that. You did just great.

Beautiful cake, zwie! You did an amazing job. I love the colors you chose. They remind me of the msm video of Bob is his back yard garden.

Happy Birthday, Bob! We'll never quit searching until we can bring you home.

Bob in his garden was exactly why I chose those colors.

zwiebel, looking again at your cake, I think you vastly underestimate your baking and decorating skills. I can bake from scratch, but as for decorating...pffffttt. Forget that. You did just great.

I found the whole exercise terrifying. So many things can go wrong. I just don't know how people do it.

The one thing even I didn't worry about in advance was my whole town flooding in the middle of it all. I didn't even hear the sirens. I was busy thinking about Bob's lovely garden, without realising my own was under three foot of water. It's okay though - I knew this might happen one day so I built a little hill for all the small critters to take refuge in.

Amazing cake and amazing dedication to Bob's cause!

BBM and recolored by me:
This is something that has always bothered me about Bob's disappearance. People in this country have always shown themselves to be filled with humanity, and compassion when a person goes missing. Not only would these wonderful soldiers lend a hand, but the community as a whole would have come out in droves to help find Bob in any way they could.

Assuming these girls, and the rest of their family have not been living under rocks for the past 50 years, they know this, too. Sooooo ... what has stopped them from rounding up the "troops" to help them find their father/grandfather/great-grandfather????

I doubt the compassionate members of their communities would have taken a bite out of the expected inheritance.

As we are discussing coincidences - I hope Bob's daughters have noticed Memorial Day is on the 27th, the same day their father disappeared. And that besides events in Placentia and his old marine base, Camp Pendleton, there is also a Missing Man Flyover taking place at Lake Elsinore. At noon. No maybes about it.

I've written a little article for Bob's site, but I am hoping one of the daughters at least will attend one of these events to hand out flyers. I am sure all the old soldiers bound to be present would be happy to lend a hand. The combination of the date, and the missing man flyover and a former marine lost and needing to come home would surely touch people's hearts. I hope they manage to take this chance to highlight Bob's case, I really do.

I thought you said you couldn't bake, Z! :takeabow:
This
Cake
Is
Gorgeous!!!!

I think I'm going to have a couple of pieces :) Bless you, Friend :rose:

Happy Birthday Robert! :Happybirthday:

Happy birthday Mr Harrod.

birthdaycake.jpg

Happy Birthday Bob. Wherever you are, know that there are people who care about you.

I searched everywhere I could think of to see if there was a mention of Bob's birthday anywhere else, but I haven't found anything. :(

While I was trying to look up the results of the Placentia photography competition though, I noticed Placentia City has a fb page, which I didn't know about. On Bob's birthday there was an emergency preparedness fair at a local church with booths manned by emergency responders and police, and members of the public helping out as well as attending. What a great opportunity that would have been to hand out a few of Bob's missing flyers.

Placentia does seem to be quite a community-minded community, with a lot going on. I just don't think they've been given the chance to help in Bob's case.

https://www.facebook.com/PlacentiaCA?directed_target_id=0

I searched everywhere I could think of to see if there was a mention of Bob's birthday anywhere else, but I haven't found anything. :(

While I was trying to look up the results of the Placentia photography competition though, I noticed Placentia City has a fb page, which I didn't know about. On Bob's birthday there was an emergency preparedness fair at a local church with booths manned by emergency responders and police, and members of the public helping out as well as attending. What a great opportunity that would have been to hand out a few of Bob's missing flyers.

Placentia does seem to be quite a community-minded community, with a lot going on. I just don't think they've been given the chance to help in Bob's case.

https://www.facebook.com/PlacentiaCA?directed_target_id=0

You've really come up with some fantastic idea's zwie'. I wish the group of us was in CA, because I know unlike Bob's daughters, we would definately take advantage of these opportunities.

I know we could too. I know you mentioned ages ago Cubby, how you'd love us to rent a house in CA for the trial. That was a great idea, and I'd love for us to be able to do that now, too.

Can you imagine, all us WSers having a whole week to get Bob's name out there in CA?.....

Ah well, I can dream. The floods mean I'm living on an island at the moment and can't even get down the road, let alone to California. I tried inflating my dinghy just to row around my garden, but that didn't work either. It has a leak.

If the power goes and I disappear, I'll still be thinking about Bob, even if I can't post!.

Bob's cake went to a very, very good cause by the way. Because of where it went, I felt it wasn't appropriate to have the message on it, so I did a little additional decoration. It all disappeared very quickly, and was very much appreciated....but l'll never know what my baking tasted like now.

I found the whole exercise terrifying. So many things can go wrong. I just don't know how people do it.

The one thing even I didn't worry about in advance was my whole town flooding in the middle of it all. I didn't even hear the sirens. I was busy thinking about Bob's lovely garden, without realising my own was under three foot of water. It's okay though - I knew this might happen one day so I built a little hill for all the small critters to take refuge in.

I've seen the flooding on the news, hope you're ok... and what a sweet idea about the hill.

The cake looks amazing.

Where are you, Bob? We're looking for you...

He's out there somewhere Wolf Dreamer, and I still think he's not terribly far from home.

And Bob is going to be brought back where he belongs one day, I'm sure of that.

*Thank you so much for dropping into Bob's thread. And I am fine. A little wet, but fine.

In this old article here about Placentia authorities, it does say the city knows and publically announces what street work is planned and financed for a year ahead.'

That does suggest to me that somewhere there should be a general public document about the work carried out on Bob's street the week he went missing, as well perhaps a more detailed one that wasn't published. Just for accounting purposes, I'd guess there must be a record of who carried out the work, what it was and how much it cost.

I still haven't been able to find anything that specifically mentions Carnation Drive though....

http://www.voiceofoc.org/blogs/article_d26c467e-6362-11df-b78f-001cc4c03286.html

Had to show you this - it's not completely off-topic. If I'm not mistaken, that's one of the ladies who deliver meals for the elderly/incapacitated over this way.. I recognise the box those workers use. What a wonderful effort to make sure seniors still get enough to eat, despite the floods.

And she looks as though she's smiling too.
http://www.abendblatt.de/vermischte...heim-ueberflutet-Bayern-raeumt-schon-auf.html

In this old article here about Placentia authorities, it does say the city knows and publically announces what street work is planned and financed for a year ahead.'

That does suggest to me that somewhere there should be a general public document about the work carried out on Bob's street the week he went missing, as well perhaps a more detailed one that wasn't published. Just for accounting purposes, I'd guess there must be a record of who carried out the work, what it was and how much it cost.

I still haven't been able to find anything that specifically mentions Carnation Drive though....

http://www.voiceofoc.org/blogs/article_d26c467e-6362-11df-b78f-001cc4c03286.html

Hello, ya'll- been a touch busy on this end but as always am paying close attention to Mr. Harrod's case. Very close, actually. I've not yet had a moment to go through all of the last few weeks of posts, and was wondering if anyone had brought up using geo-cache groups in concert with LE to keep an eye out for remains in certain areas of interest?
Geo-caching is quite popular in the states (California and several other states in particular) and the online communities are everywhere, all connecting with one another. What a wonderful asset that could be for locating missing persons, especially those presumed deceased in remote or rural areas not easily accessible by the average Joe. I mean, geocachers take their hobby very seriously...and when you start searching for sites, well....let's just say the possibilities in some of our areas of interest for Mr. Harrod are quite extensive. That's a lot of eyes on the ground, searching for (in some cases) quite minute clues.

Perhaps we could get several of those groups hooked up with Mr. Harrod's missing info, and sort of get a homegrown geo-cache BOLO addendum to their planned itineraries.

Thoughts, anyone? Anyone?

Oriah
p.s.- zwie, loved the cake. :)

Here is some information about road work repairs in Placentia dated 2011. Carnation drive is listed on page 33. It appears to be a proposal for 5-6 years of road repairs.....

http://www.placentia.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/1241

The above report causes me to wonder if perhaps the road work we saw in the video with Mrs. Harrod's return to CA was due to a broken pipe or sewer line?

I sure hope those workers were aware the News crew and camera's that were there were due to Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

More so than the work, we really need to know the name of the company that performed the work.

Geocaching has not been mentioned in this thread, but sounds like a great idea! Someone following Anna Waters case had medallions related to Anna made for geocaching but there is only one post indicating it was going to be done. No further info was posted.

How would we go about getting Bob's information to these groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks