Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloudajo- thanks for the bathroom pics.
I could go hunt it down, but anyone recall when those houses were built?
I'm thinking that 'square' front base might be original? the caulking on the bottom doesn't look very pristine,new, as best I can see....But the tank part- hmm, it seems 'curvier' , not as squared off like the base. And that toilet lid...wonder if it is a heavier wood one, versus the newer lighterweight ones. And ya know, if the tank part was changed out, new hoses would/should have been used..shame there isn't a view under there.
I wish Mrs. Harrod was at liberty to elaborate a little more on what differences she may have noted...
I will say it is a lot easier to just replace a tank...those bases are heavy & awkward.

Help me out a little-in the second photo from down the stairs...it is hard to see because of the white doorjamb and the white door, but is the door wider on the bottom than on the top? KWIM? As if it were hung crookedly?

Maybe I havent had enough coffee.

Is it normal to have a huge gap like that on doors in the US? It looks weird to me. I've only just finished with Home Depot toilets; now I'll have to look up door hinges.

The Kohler round appears to have a round stand as well, while Bob's toilet base appears to have straight edges.

Here is Bob's toilet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 19
And here is one from Home Depot that has the same straight base but rounded seat. Only trouble is, the cistern doesn't look the same.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 10
imo I think the door pic is just the angle of the dangle making it appear off kilter

We were posting about the same thing at the same time sres.

Cloudajo- thanks for the bathroom pics.
I could go hunt it down, but anyone recall when those houses were built?
I'm thinking that 'square' front base might be original? the caulking on the bottom doesn't look very pristine,new, as best I can see....But the tank part- hmm, it seems 'curvier' , not as squared off like the base. And that toilet lid...wonder if it is a heavier wood one, versus the newer lighterweight ones. And ya know, if the tank part was changed out, new hoses would/should have been used..shame there isn't a view under there.
I wish Mrs. Harrod was at liberty to elaborate a little more on what differences she may have noted...
I will say it is a lot easier to just replace a tank...those bases are heavy & awkward.

I think most of those houses went up in the sixties and seventies. I recollect seeing half constructed streets in the OC archives that looked remarkably like Bob's, and I believe it was dated then. Wish I'd noted it - the archives have some great photos, and you are allowed to use them with credits, but there are a lot! I couldn't find any I could be certain were Bob though.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ocarchives/

The Kohler round appears to have a round stand as well, while Bob's toilet base appears to have straight edges.

Here is Bob's toilet

Quoting myself here because I wanted to add, the toilet white and cistern white look different to me, though that could be just the light of course.

I wish there was a pic of the basin too, as I would think that was matching, and might give us a better clue about the toilet.

Hate to be a toilet "debby downer" here....but I can't help but add that toilet styles change around over time and with brand. So sometimes (for example) it is square base rounded tank then the next year it is rounded and rounded and it is different with every brand. So in any given year you can pretty much get whatever strikes your fancy if you aren't brand loyal. Also you can order through HD or Lowes whatever types you want.

The only times you can date a toilet well without looking at the style numbers imprinted on it is if it is a datable color. JMO JMO

Late sixties, early seventies style house for OC, definitely from my experience.

There is no reason for a large, man driven mower to be used on a lawn that small. My gardener is here with his push mower and I have more grass than Bob. I could even use a non-electric push mower if I wanted to. It is very rare to see lawns that large here for a riding mower. Now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever seen one in CA. At least in San Gabriel Valley or the OC.

The tire tread could be from another vehicle of the family or a police cruiser pulling in or out fast.

That is a pretty tiny bathroom. Something must have been pretty obvious to the naked eye for there to be suspicion about it.

The mention of an annulment REALLY sends my hackles up. What kind of a person tells their parents what to do?

Evil I tell you, pure evil...I'm not believing this was an accident AT ALL.

deca, "toilet debby downer"... that is :floorlaugh:

Yeah we are microscopically picking things apart...but I am just so damn curious.

So the damage wasnt obvious at cursory glance (PPD well being check on 7/27/09) but was apparent enough that PPD took photos of the bathroom when they processed the house.

I still think there might be something wrong with the door, but *shrug*. It is too hard to tell.

Just had a thought:

We could donate copies of the Disappeared episode to local libraries. I think there would be great appeal in the subject matter.
These copies are not expensive. You can also do a Request For Purchase and the libraries will look in to buying a copy for their collection.
Maybe this could increase attention in the Orange County/Placentia general vicinity.

I just looked on the general library search website. There are no copies in libraries that are members of the consortium.

Great idea. I didn't realise it was possible to donate to libraries.

When I watch the news here, I'm always on the lookout for human remains that are found and where they are found. Our news stations cover L.A. County up to Kern County to the north, and Orange County, stopping at San Diego County to the South. To the East, our news stations cover Riverside and San Bernadino Counties which include Big Bear. That's a huge area.

When remains are found, I try to post them here so other eyes besides mine can keep a look out for an identification, just in case it's Mr. Harrod. Every time I hear a report, I think of Mr. Harrod. Southern California is very transit. Everything is spread out. It's nothing for us to travel hours away just for one thing, to shop, to visit someone, to go to an entertainment venue.

IMO any place a body is found that has been there awhile seems like a good place for someone to have dumped Bob. Logic tells me that someone thought it was safe enough to dump a body or there wouldn't be a body there, KWIM???

hey Seajay- if you have any media contacts,or know names, or know any emails for any specific msm reporters, let me know and I will fire off the 'hey here is a story you need to check out' email :)
RL is in the way today but pressing on!
Where's Robert?

A little more insight from the recent arrest in Coral Hall's case:

Lois Janish's inconsistent statements regarding the 1998 disappearance of her granddaughter, Coral Hall, led to the woman's arrest. The girl's body has not been found in the 15-year-old case.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...granddaughter-article-1.1414908#ixzz2alFYlQtW

Where else have we heard inconsistent statements?

I can't wait for the OC Cold case unit to nail this one!:please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member