CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought I would be complaining about a new, news item about Bob, but it's popping up in so many places it's making it hard to find anything else. It's been linked everywhere!

Frustrating, I know.
Ok- redirecting...

Today's pondering re: Mr. Harrod's case- the alibi's of the last 6 persons to have seen Mr. Harrod alive.
Who of those 6 are corroborated by anothers' last seen? All?
Are there any independant sightings?

Client attorney privilege ensures we will never hear from the attorney how the situation came about, either, or exactly who suggested what.

In retrospect, it doesn't seem to have been a very wise thing to have done, anyway. Mrs Harrod is still in the home four years on, and the request for her to leave the house so soon still reflects badly on those who made it, imo. It just seems very unkind.

Oh, it's my experience that lawyers have their own network and their own way of getting their own back, all without violating client-attorney privilege. A sigh, a roll of the eyes, a general caution about dealing with clients offered at the strategic moment, they can communicate everything another lawyer needs to know about a prospective client without any violation of privilege at all.

Such clients start to find that the really good lawyers' schedules are too full to take on new clients at the moment or that their lawyers have unbelievably high rates (here, it's called the PITA tax).

No lawyer likes being made a fool, even anonymously. And just like any other profession or job, they have ways to make themselves feel better.

Frustrating, I know.
Ok- redirecting...

Today's pondering re: Mr. Harrod's case- the alibi's of the last 6 persons to have seen Mr. Harrod alive.
Who of those 6 are corroborated by anothers' last seen? All?
Are there any independant sightings?

So far as I know, the last independent corroboration of Bob's whereabouts was by whoever called him at 10 am that morning. The PPD hasn't released who made that call except to say it wasn't a family member but it must have been someone who knew him well enough to know his voice.

As I understand it, the family all saw Bob Sunday evening at that family meeting, accounts of which vary significantly. We know Bob was alive after that meeting because he told Fontelle about it during their regular evening phone call.

That was the last time anyone in the family saw Bob, except for JeM during his visit Monday to do some home repairs and for PB who claimed she heard Bob's voice in the background when JeM answered the phone at Bob's house. We know that the CL did not see Bob when she arrived at noon and since no one has admitted to seeing Bob after that, the window must have closed at some point before noon that day.

Fontelle was at her daughter's house in Missouri packing up. My assumption is that her family members can corroborate her presence there in enough detail to preclude Fontelle from having flown to California and back without being noticed.

If there were any sitings of Bob after 10 am by someone not in Bob's family, PPD has not released that information.

I just caught the last half of a very interesting program on the radio about forensics, with two very unassuming - but very knowledgeable - female scientists. Nursing and other duties ensured I didn't quite catch all of that bit though. They're very rewarding and even awarding though, so I don't mind.

It was todays(Aug 9) 'Today' episode and I think US listeners may be able to download and listen to it too, but it hasn't been made available yet and we might have to wait until tomorrow.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/today

I heard one scientist say that they are coming across more and more victims crammed into suitcases, for pity's sake. I suppose that is a result of suburbs having more traffic, better lighting and the spread of cctv. Murderers have fewer options to get their victims into their vehicles unseen and transport them, and the one large transportable carrier most people have available in their homes is a suitcase.

I don't think Bob could have been transported in even a very large suitcase. But I am wondering about a large, sturdy packing case now, and if Fontelle found one of her shipped boxes had been opened and unpacked when she returned, and if the box itself was missing?

Or if another kind of very sturdy packing case could have been missing? The kind a bathroom ceramic would come in, for example.

Does anyone know if Home Depot sells its bathroom ceramics packaged, or do they just throw them at you unwrapped and let you make the best of it, like Germany? (Sorry Germany. Staff are extremely knowledgeable and totally willing to share it and be helpful at our stores, which makes up for it).

While we are on the subject of "packaging," I've always had a bad feeling about that display case or some such that was specifically noted to be given away and then noted that it HAD been given away. Not entirely sure I believe that info.

Also, DH recalls that one of our replacement toilets came from Home Depot and was NOT in a box.

While we are on the subject of "packaging," I've always had a bad feeling about that display case or some such that was specifically noted to be given away and then noted that it HAD been given away. Not entirely sure I believe that info.

Also, DH recalls that one of our replacement toilets came from Home Depot and was NOT in a box.

Thank you, Opie-the display case is always in the back of my mind as well. How did the display case come into the possession of the Michaels-that is what I have always wondered. What was it, 5 weeks after Bob was gone, that piece from the dining room set was given away in spite of it's value? Not to mention, it broke up the dining room set. The co conservators hadnt even been appointed at that time.

Opie, I've always had a bad feeling about that as well. Wondered if that may have went into 'storage', instead.

I'd like not to think about persons being made to fit into suitcases or chests or boxes or trunks or fridges or...well, anything a person should not be fitting in. But it does happen, and quite a lot. :(

His case is on ID in Atlanta right now :( Bless you sir!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I suspect we will need a new thread sometime today. Everyone make note of your posts and tags that you want to bring over. :D

His case is on ID in Atlanta right now :( Bless you sir!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Bless you for letting us know gngr snap!

What good tidings - the show re-airing just after a new, news item has surfaced. And an elite Cold Case unit is taking a look at Bob's case. It's all happening here, isn't it?

Or if another kind of very sturdy packing case could have been missing? The kind a bathroom ceramic would come in, for example.

Does anyone know if Home Depot sells its bathroom ceramics packaged, or do they just throw them at you unwrapped and let you make the best of it, like Germany? (Sorry Germany. Staff are extremely knowledgeable and totally willing to share it and be helpful at our stores, which makes up for it).

Another case that got a lot of attention on WS was that of the disappearance of Kyron Horman. He was seen inside his elementary school during a science fair type event held before school started and then he was never seen again. One of the ongoing questions has been how is it that no one saw him leave the school on a morning when there were literally hundreds of adults and kids coming and going.

My own theory, from almost the beginning, was that Kyron left the school in the least obvious way possible: on his own two feet. If he walked out under his own power, I think a lot of people saw him but no one remembered seeing him. He was just another excited 8 year old.

I'm beginning to wonder if the same thing is true in Bob's case. The reason no one apparently saw anything amiss in the neighbourhood that day is because there was nothing to see. Bob may have walked out of his house on his own two feet and gotten into a vehicle driven by someone else, expecting to do an ordinary errand. Like go to Home Depot to pick out something needed for the house.

Another case that got a lot of attention on WS was that of the disappearance of Kyron Horman. He was seen inside his elementary school during a science fair type event held before school started and then he was never seen again. One of the ongoing questions has been how is it that no one saw him leave the school on a morning when there were literally hundreds of adults and kids coming and going.

My own theory, from almost the beginning, was that Kyron left the school in the least obvious way possible: on his own two feet. If he walked out under his own power, I think a lot of people saw him but no one remembered seeing him. He was just another excited 8 year old.

I'm beginning to wonder if the same thing is true in Bob's case. The reason no one apparently saw anything amiss in the neighbourhood that day is because there was nothing to see. Bob may have walked out of his house on his own two feet and gotten into a vehicle driven by someone else, expecting to do an ordinary errand. Like go to Home Depot to pick out something needed for the house.

BBM:
Grainne- good point and very accurate, imvho. Kyron's case is very close to my heart, and I understand exactly what you are saying.

Kyron was last seen by a shared group of witnesses. So was Mr. Harrod. How does one disappear under those circumstances with no obstensible and very specific route of travel??

That seems an impossibility to me.

I am watching the Disappeared episode and I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I find it EXTREMELY disturbing that the daughters "had NO IDEA at ALL" just how much their dad was worth - yet IMMEDIATELY jumped right into the trust "issues" and that they didn't think Bob was doing things right. They are all of a sudden estate experts???

Um, he'd been managing said trust since it's inception. NOW these daughters are all UP IN HIS BUSINESS? If that were my dad (old school, it is HIS MONEY), he'd be pissed and probably write me OUT of the trust...Wow, just wow...

I should clarify- who last saw Mr. Harrod the night before his disappearance? Did they last see him walking up the stairs in his home? At the front door, saying goodnight to visitors? In the kitchen putting dishes away? Taking a phone call in the living room, or perhaps outside?

Or did he come outside and pick up his paper that morning? Was a paper delivered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54