CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the "we warned him" was regarding the request, nah demand, to annull the marriage?

hello guests:) what are you doing to help spread awareness that Mr. H is still missing and needs found?? Why not join here and lend a hand?

O/T But I just heard on the radio that a man in a case in England has just been sentenced to five months in prison and the judge really tore into him. He had said he saw a murder victim when he hadn't. The judge said he had led police down a blind alley and delayed them interviewing the victim's killer and completely obstructed justice.

It's very unusual for a 'witness' to be punished like that in England. He only got a five month sentence though.

Just to clarify, people are prosecuted all the time for obstructing justice there - what makes it unusual is that this was a witness with absolutely no connection to the crime.

Hey, I got there in the end. BOLO (for Bob) is the same word as bolo (ties). Which Bob had a lovely collection of and one of his articles has a pic of.

What about a lovely commemorative bolo tie award to be sent to any journalists who have contributed to the search for Bob with excellent articles/coverage? Not to wear - to hang on the newsroom wall.

California RV Show....heads up, we might be a rolling.............

O/T But I just heard on the radio that a man in a case in England has just been sentenced to five months in prison and the judge really tore into him. He had said he saw a murder victim when he hadn't. The judge said he had led police down a blind alley and delayed them interviewing the victim's killer and completely obstructed justice.

It's very unusual for a 'witness' to be punished like that in England. He only got a five month sentence though.

That made me think of something. We don't have any sightings of Mr. Harrod at all, do we. Not even false or mistaken reports?

This is true. None of the neighbours reported seeing him since Saturday. I'll get the link in a minute.

This is where I think it's very important that his best friend/neighbour had just moved. There wasn't really anyone looking out for Bob, or likely to pop round, unannounced. And I think the person who disappeared him may have known that.

That sounds a really nice event. Aimed at families, they really welcome pets, mobility scooters etc...they're thinking of everyone. I like Rivia's Californian RV show. Those organizers must be nice, thoughtful people.

On another thread - a whole load of bikers have got together to support a victim. They're having an ice-cream run! Then they are ending up at an auction to support the victim's children. How cool is that? A whole community coming together to help in all sorts of different ways. That's New Yorkers for you though.

I think it's a bit different in California, but we're getting there, I'm sure.

so, I recall mention of REI? Sporting goods? but does anyone know if all the other sporting good type places have been hit up to get in on the BOLO action for Mr. H, in some fashion?
Wondering if & when they have customer appreciation days- a outdoor adventure place near me is always having 'events' , so of course I am a thinking....

Does anyone know off hand if there any weekend day farm markets/ city markets...you know like 2- 4 hour events where different vendors set up, or Friday night food trucks/music in the park, any sorts of public gatherings for folks

Yes. Placentia, I think. Hang on, I'm still looking for the 'not seen since Saturday' link.

Another thing is fairs, coming up in the Fall. We had a list of them up a couple of years ago, iirc. Maybe an updated one now?

I've got distracted because this article for senior living mentions the Placentia Heritage day in October - they have a classic car show. Bob and his grandson were interested in them. Maybe we could get some stickers on one of the cars? One like Bob had? Then there is vets day in November. I wonder if a fellow marine vet would lend a hand there?
http://www.depalmaterrace.com/p/ass...3890/placentia-ca-92870/de-palma-terrace-3890

lol, I am sure glad I am not the only one all over like butter on a biscuit lol

Perhaps the "we warned him" was regarding the request, nah demand, to annull the marriage?

Bob picked a wonderful spouse. Look at how faithful and dogged she has been in keeping Bob's case active. He was right, she would be a wonderful lady to spend the rest of his life with. Faithful, loyal, joyous and tough.

Too bad she clearly out-classes his own daughters. And that there is no annulling blood relationships.

There must have been some other misdeed than that. There are eyewitnesses who spot the missing all over the US, whose only intentions are perfectly honest and well intentioned (99.999999% of the time they are wrong in famous cases but there's always that tiny chance they may be correct).

I wonder if the Crown prosecutor presented evidence that indicated the man was deliberately fabricating a report to get his 15 minutes of fame or deliberately misleading LE away from the perp?

Or perhaps, as in a few rather sad cases in this country, the man had some sort of mental disorder that led to him making many false reports. There are people who have gone to the police to confess to every notorious murder. I remember one such person was eventually diagnosed with schizophrenia and it turned out he could not distinguish his own thoughts from anything said to him from an outside source like a television. A fascinating case study but I couldn't stop thinking about how dreadful his life must be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot