CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Mr TT! Bob drove himself. He was in excellent mental and physical shape according to his DR, with the exception of his bad knees.

Yes, I know he drove. But he didn't drive himself that day......His car was parked in his drive.....He didn't like to drive on the freeway.

Yes, I know he drove. But he didn't drive himself that day......His car was parked in his drive.....He didn't like to drive on the freeway.

He did drive on the freeway. That detail was something PPD debunked when they spoke with his good friends after he disappeared.

It was his children who stated he didnt drive on the freeway.

well mahouston you've certainly given thought as to other possibilities...quite imaginative, I like that

Although the thought of cremating - hmm
For 'wild' fire to assist, would have to have 'luckily' chosen a spot that was of high likelihood of being burnt by wild fire- Do you mean in an area that might have been scheduled for a prescribed burn( do they do those and make it public knowledge the where & when?) ....or...some arson type activity?

Disposal at sea without cremation, sure I could see that, I think, will go peek at the coast line

and I think it was noted some where that burning in barrels is not allowed? Did I recall that right?

thinking of daddies & their little girls:)
Wonder what Mr. H remembers of those days??

We had an animated conversation about burning barrels-IIRC JuM wrote on her community forum about some burning barrels.

We had an animated conversation about burning barrels-IIRC JuM wrote on her community forum about some burning barrels.

Yes she did. She also posted a photo of tree in her yard that was severely burnt and a photo of the boats on the water where her mothers ashes were scattered.

If we are considering some kind of destruction of Bob prior to disposal, then the time line has to be very different from the one I have been considering.

Destruction of Bob would definitely indicate pre meditation. I mean hurting Bob in the heat of anger, wrapping him up and disposing him in a panic is one thing....deciding to take it further and destroying trace of him. Well, I cant quite equate this with a confrontation that got out of control.

That's right-The burned tree, the "widow-maker" which she said reminded her of her father...

This is creeping me out in a case that already has consumed many a dream of mine. :(

If we are considering some kind of destruction of Bob prior to disposal, then the time line has to be very different from the one I have been considering.

Destruction of Bob would definitely indicate pre meditation. I mean hurting Bob in the heat of anger, wrapping him up and disposing him in a panic is one thing....deciding to take it further and destroying trace of him. Well, I cant quite equate this with a confrontation that got out of control.

No one besides those with the money motive spoke to Bob after midnight. If his bed wasn't made then he was in it because he always made it but we do not know when he got out of it. Smothered in his sleep? Blow to the head in the shower? Drowned in the tub. I bet the clothes he wore Sunday are the ones missing if any. My theory includes removing him from the house in the big heavy bathtub box. Maybe, wrapped in a rug, sheet.

But the Monday 10 a.m. -ish phone call? That LE seems to have indicated he was spoken with?

Bath tub box??

Welcome to this thread, Mahouston69. You have indeed given us lots to think about. Your outside-the-box ideas are welcome.

I believe it was the toilet that may have been damaged and replaced rather than the tub.

Once again I come back to thinking about that display case or some such that was offered for free for a short time on some forum and then it was noted that it was gone, presumably by someone who picked it up for free. Entirely too convenient, IMO. I believe we discussed this on the last thread.

If I was LE I would request or investigate where or who they may have chartered to take them all out on boats for the memorial and where they took them. Also, which one of them has/had/or may have rented a boat that day or in the days following his disappearance.

Unless my recall is faulty (which is very possible), AH has a pilot's license.

Poor Laci.

If his remains were disposed of in the water, it had to have been at night I would think. I mean, I dont know what kind of illegal dumping activity occurs in Orange County-I have heard about a lot off of the highways, but never heard of any in the water relatively close to land.

I think after all the publicity around Laci Peterson, anyone in California would have a pretty good idea that bodies, even weighted down, don't necessarily just disappear into the ocean.

I think a person would have to be experienced and hold a licence to sail a boat at night on the sea. Or completely, utterly reckless.

It's just my opinion, but if Bob's in water, I think it's more likely to be a lake.

In the US, so far as I know, there is no requirement for a boat owner to hold a license so long as they aren't sailing the boat for pay for other people.

If it is just private use (family and friends), a boat owner can go to it freely.

:seeya: to our guests. Please come share your thoughts about this case, now a suspicious homicide.

Poor Bob. :(

I'm going to snip some and intersperse my replies with the quotes because I am a lazy writer.

As far as the son in law, nothing there really im guessing, the LEOS, have done and probably continuation to do a very good investigation into this case.

LE has indicated that they've looked hard at JeM and they've also made statements that make it clear they believe this is a crime committed by someone close to Bob. My personal opinion is that they are not able to account for enough of JeM's movements that day to completely rule him out. The PPD was certainly not bashful in saying that another pair of potential suspects (the barber lady and her husband) had been cleared.

Little snippets of information that individually don't mean much but when put into the picture together seem to me to indicate a pattern, one of keeping the pressure up on the family.

the three sisters involved?...If just one maybe, but all three i would say no. To hold there story together this long and not fall apart somewhere id look elsewhere for involment.

My own theory is that the three sisters were not directly involved but that each of them has enough information to have a good idea of who did it. And they are keeping that information to themselves (which can be a crime in itself called obstructing justice). All three of them have a powerful motive to keep things quiet and all three of them strike me as smart enough to stick to a simple story: "I don't know nuthin bout my daddy's whereabouts."

It may even be true, in the sense that they may not know precisely where Bob's body is located. After all, it has been four years and scavenger activity has probably moved it.

I found myself more interested in what the cleaning lady had to say since she had cleaned for past 10 years i believe i read. She would known him better than the daughters during those years for coming to clean everywhere i think it was. I am sure they had conversations over time, about things. past things current things such as marriage , new woman coming to live there............Just thinking out loud, wondered if the cleaning lady thought she was going to be the next MRSZ?? After all she did clean for the man over ten years? But I guess the LEOS CHECKED that out also and find nothing correct?

That is an interesting theory but it would require, at the very least, a co-conspirator. If the CL did it, then one assumes JeM was telling the truth. And if JeM was telling the truth, there wasn't enough time for the CL to kill Bob, remove his body from the premises and then be sitting on the front porch waiting for someone to come home.

The bed was not made, out of order according to her. and no key was left to get in like on a normal cleaning day, could have just forgotten i guess.

The CL said that Bob and/or Georgia (when she was still alive) were usually at home when she came to clean their house, so there was no need for a key to let herself in. On the rare occasions when no one would be home when she came, Bob had always left the key in the mailbox for her.

This was the first and only time that there was no one home and no key in the mailbox. Over a period of more than ten years, Bob had certainly built a history of reliability in that matter.

How did the cleaning lady get there? She drive there to? So jeff goes gets supplies, and in between the time he left and the cleaning lady arrives in between that time Bob is gone?

The Disappeared segment implies that she did not have a car with her that day; she either arrived by foot or was dropped off. Does Placentia have a municipal bus system? If so, she may have taken the bus.

In any case, LE has never so much as implied she was involved. Given their willingness to practically point their finger directly at the family, I'm guessing that if the CL were on the PPD's radar, they would make it clear.

As for exactly when JeM left the house, well, you have to take JeM's word for when he left because there are no independent witnesses so far as I know.

Did bob have any regular drivers? Once a month week, or whatever that would come by and pick him up for what ever reasons, perhaps even on this day?

Bob had his own car and was still capable of driving himself. I doubt he had a regular ride, since it is way more convenient to drive one's self.

Investigating as a homicide and not a missing persons case. So though no money shown taken or disturbed from his accounts, money or position or promises made but not kept could have left to his death.

His grandson, AH, stopped making his mortgage payment to Bob within four days after Bob's disappearance. That mortgage payment was around $4500/month which is a substantial sum.

I have seen families of the missing cling to the hope their loved one is still alive long past the point of reasonable doubt. It happened in my own family: my great-grandfather went to fight in WWI in France and was reported missing in action. His posthumous son (my grandfather) paid the fee all his life to keep his forwarding address active in the post office system just in case his father had somehow survived the gruesome bloodbath. I'm removed enough to believe that my great-grandfather's bones are lying somewhere near one of the WWI battlefields of France but my grandfather held on to that sliver of hope until he died at over 75 years of age.

I can't name a single innocent family of a missing person who assumed their loved one was not coming back in four days. Not a single one.

A day before she was to arrive at her new home, jeff leaves, cleaning lady shows up bobs gone.

I like to see the official LEOs report from the interview they had with the cleaning lady.
Is that possible.

Not as far as I know. We're a pretty good bunch at ferreting out publicly available documents and no one here has gotten hold of that report.

Quote...Normally, she cleans Bob's house on Tuesday, but this week she'd arranged to come on Monday...end of qutoe
The day the cleaning lady made, changing it from tuesday to monday is the day he came up missing. Bob didnt change it, the cleaning lady changed it.............
Do we know that for fact? DID bob tell someone that the cleaning lady changed the day. And bob just forgot to leave the key for monday, instead of tuesday. DID ANYONE KNOW, that the day had been changed,

As far as I know, Bob didn't mention to anyone that the CL had changed her usual day. He may not have known it himself until that morning; there was a phone call to/from Bob at 10 am that LE says was not a family member. There's a possibility that it was the CL asking to change her day. No one knows.

We do know that JeM seemed surprised when he came home and found the CL on the front porch waiting for Bob to come home.

I personally suspect that the CL made it clear to JeM that someone knew where she was; the CL probably wasn't even aware she was giving JeM that information. And it may well have saved her life. If no one knew where the CL was and she had no one expecting her at any specific time later that day, I think she too would be a missing person.

I agree that Bob didn't drive himself that day. Sadly, I think he was no longer capable of driving when he left his home the day he went missing.

That he didn't like to drive on the freeway was something one or more of his daughters told the PPD. But when the PPD started investigating Bob's disappearance, they found that Bob actually visited friends whose residence was located such that the only way to get there was to get on the freeway.

I am inclined to think that Bob, as a long time southern California resident, probably had a normal amount of confidence about freeway driving.

His daughters have made a number of assertions about Bob that sources outside the family have contradicted. Either they didn't know him very well and/or they have a reason to want to spin a certain narrative about Bob.

There is a restlessness about Mr Harrod's mystery now. It seems certain that something is going to happen sooner or later. Something is going to be found, someone is going to talk, someone is going to be charged. If I were involved, I would be thinking very deeply about my options. This is not going to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scc79535