CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think vomit being found in or near the bathroom is speculation based on some info posted by JuM.

Also, it hasn't been mentioned for awhile, but SIL had been laid off his job 2-3 months prior to Bob's disappearance. His wife, JuM, posted about it on her community forum. I'll try and find the post with that info and link it here.

Ah, here it is, the info on JeM being laid off posted by his wife on her community forum.

Originally posted by cloudajo:

I suspect but can’t say for sure what Bob’s son-in-law JM did for a living, at least during the period from 2004-2009. The 2002 article about daughter JM’s kidney donation says that 6 years before she and husband JM both worked at the same hospital.

From daughter JM’s earlier post on ROTW, her husband JM was laid off from his job on April 21, 2009 (post since removed).

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

I guess one of the biggest concerns for anyone laid off in the US is keeping up with medical insurance payments, especially if you're unlucky enough to suffer from a lot of ill health. It must be very worrying.

I've just read about yet another case where a senior with dementia has driven off and not returned. This time though, it looks like someone stole the vehicle after the senior abandoned it. That means the unknown car thief is the only person who knows where that senior got out and started walking. :(

It made me think about Bob's case. Whoever disappeared him could have made things look a lot less suspicious if they had taken Bob's car too. Why would they have used their own vehicle (I'm sure they did) to transport him, with all the forensic evidence risks that carries?

The only logical answer to me seems to be that it was only one person, and if they had transported Bob in his own vehicle and dumped it, they would have had no way to get back.

I saw this headline that an appeal had been made for public help in solving a 2009 crime and just jumped to the conclusion it was help for Bob, at last.

http://www.vvdailypress.com/articles/irwin-43968-murder-public.html

Wishful thinking of course. And if the military did help with a search for Bob it would be the marines, not the army. Nevertheless, if you read the story, the American public is being asked to help in a San Bernardino case where;

The victim is American
Based in Germany
Murdered in Afghanistan

It's not family clutching at straws asking for that help either, it's military authorities. It makes me believe that some member of the public can help with Bob's case too. Whether it is a street sweeper, mailperson, someone close to him or someone close to another person, who is/was close to Bob. They may not know it, or may have chosen not to come forward yet. But I think keeping Bob's case in the public's eye is about the only way to do something to help ensure that person comes forward, one day.

I couldn't help noticing that writer in the link above may be as bad at math as me. They say it is a three-year old murder case. From Dec 2009? As it's now Dec 2013, doesn't that make it four years?

The more I read about other seniors going missing, the more I believe that if Bob's vehicle had disappeared too, suspicions of foul play might never have arisen. If his vehicle had been driven out into the wilds and off the highway somewhere, along with that 'suspicion of possible dementia', almost everyone would have believed he wandered off or had an accident.

It would have made things so, so much easier for whoever did this to him. I am as certain as I can be now, that whoever did this to him was acting alone. They didn't take Bob's car because they needed to drive back from wherever they left him.

This was the work of just one mind. I believe there is someone close to Bob capable of planning and carrying out his murder all by themselves, and they are still walking free somewhere. It's chilling. Let's hope no-one else upsets them.

I guess there isn't much time left now for something to happen in Bob's case in 2013.

But there is just. The tiniest hint of progress would make my christmas. I'm still hoping.

This is not a bump. I never bump.

I just wanted to say hello to OC cold case unit, in case they are working away there, and feeling a little lonely. You are not alone guys, as far as I'm concerned. There is someone thousands of miles away, thinking about you and wishing you well, almost every hour of every day. And a lot more people too, a lot closer to home.

Wish I could zap you a good German beer or something, but as that's not practical, you'll just have to take my very, very best wishes instead.

Lol, because there's not much to reply to in a bump, and I worry people will drop in and be disappointed. But talking about a bump there resulted in your question, so that was good!

Do you know though, I wish bumping was acceptable in actual conversations. Those long silences I endure here while I'm trying to think of the long, long German words to carry on a conversation; it would be great if I could just drop in a bump or two.

I'll give it a try today. See what happens. :)

I have bumped this thread more than once, only because I can think of nothing constructive to add to the conversation.

Zwiebel, I am in awe of the many, many creative ways you add to this thread.

I just love creativity in many forms, because even the tiniest things can be very revealing. For example, Bob's collection of bolo ties that appeared in a photograph in an interview with Fontelle.

They were more informative than any of the stuff about frozen meals and cheap, mismatched sheets, provided by Bob's daughters. That photo showed a unique, idosyncratic collection to me - highly individual, and obviously chosen with great care and creativity. Also very, very personal. That wasn't something collected by him and Georgia, or kept for any practical 'might come in handy later' reason, or for their high value. They were pure Bob; his tastes, his choice.

As a treasured memento of a loved one, they are perfect. They didn't make it on to the memorabilia list though, and that's what's really revealing to me.

Perhaps Bob's daughters were just being kind, and thinking of Fontelle.

"Perhaps Bob's daughters were just being kind and thinking of Fontelle." Where's that sarcasm smilie? If that were the case, it would definitely be a first.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I have terrible trouble getting the smilies on my posts when I'm on my tablet - I just use the happy and sad ones, that I know the text for!

I wish I could feel that Bob's case was like those of other missing people, and those in the best position could be trusted to do their best for him. I keep going back to JuM's asking people to 'embrace this' very early on. It was a vague and abstract phrase, but it is the nearest we have come to a plea to help find Bob.

It's amazing. Coming up for five years now, and the family campaign to find Bob adds up to a plea for an embrace, a PI reporting only 'general milestones' and an 'exclusion' reward that was used more as a weapon to wound someone, than to help find Bob.

'Those family members who wish to 'leave it to the professionals' and sit back on the couch to let the police do the work will probably get out of this what they put into it'

That's not me talking - that's the opinion of David Van Norman, Deputy Coroner Investigator, San Bernardino. I can understand the opinion of Joe public being ignored, but when the advice of professionals is ignored as well......

http://porchlightforthemissinganduid.tripod.com/

Hey all! I haven't been around in awhile due to work and life, etc, etc, but I haven't forgotten about Bob and all of you looking for answers for him. I'm hoping something new turns up soon!

Welcome back!

I'm hoping for some news too. There's still just time time before Christmas.

Hi, my friends-what shall we do next do you think? We had great good luck with Disappeared. I think that there has probably been a lot going on off the grid.

I have football on the brain lately-time to move the ball again...what say you?

:D

I'll have to be the boot cleaner because I haven't got over my tendency to duck if a ball comes towards me.

But yes, that's a great idea....whatever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc