CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A psychology professor took on OC prosecutors and just lost. They offered her a plea deal of 3 years for admitting her role in a man's murder but she refused. A year down the line, she has finally accepted another one, of 6 years. Double the time of the first offer. (The sentence is so light because she didn't participate in the actual act of murder)

I can't wait until they prosecute Bob's case. Anyone who knows anything about his murder will have to talk then, or OC prosecutors are sure to pursue them and make them pay a price.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/professor-admits-role-in-killing-of-her-alleged-rapist/

Not going to mention any names, but it is pretty obvious who was responsible for Bob's disappearance. Unfortunately there just isn't any evidence to prove it :( Karma will come back to them.

Oh also forgot to mention, the one thing that really struck me in the transcript posted at the beginning of this thread was the fact that Bob's daughters seemed to be more concerned with the trust issues than how he was coping with his wife's death. I can't imagine feeling that entitled to money that isn't even mine, but my parents. The way they were so upset about him not keeping them in the loop with the trust really just says a lot about their character. MOO

O/T (ish) I have been following the trial (now at closing statement stage) of a man called Ganesh 'Remy' Ramsaran, for the murder of his wife. I just wanted to point out here, that he was unkind and even (in my opinion) outright defamed her after her 'disappearance'.

And it has sounded so, so bad in court. Again, in my opinion.

Now I've got that off my chest, I'm off to prepare dinner. A Banquet meal sprinkled with hayseeds. Followed by coffee made with ground-up dentures.

Isn't it sad that in the rush to the bank, nobody in the family could spare a few minutes to write a little blurb about the life of Mr Bob?

Of course, we've read he was a surly & stingy old coot. But he raised them, educated them, bought houses for them.... ungrateful buzzards have been circling for 5 years for the rest of the ca$h.

Will there be a cemetery marker erected beside their mother?

Maybe some day Fontelle will make a remembrance for him. I have wondered if their wedding vows contained the phrase about sharing their earthly goods. It seems the biggest mistake Bob ever made was planning to provide for his bride..... No, on second thought, the biggest mistake was opening his door to his SiL. How could he have ever known? What betrayal!

A person would have to be coldhearted not to feel sympathy for Fontelle. She was widowed before she even got started properly on the marriage she waited so many years for. Then she was sidelined straight away by Bob's family, and found herself fighting just to stay in Placentia to try and help find him.

It all contributed to derail the search for Bob. I believe some people may think that went unnoticed. I think they're kidding themselves.

Around this time in 2009, publicity about Bob was really starting to disappear. It's very surprising, considering he was 81, had only disappeared two months before and his love story had generated huge interest.

This long article at the link was soon to be published, on October 8th, 2009. But already you can see, daughter Julie and son in law Jeff Michaels are refusing to speak to media and help publicize Bob's case.

There was family activity, but it didn't appear to center around searching for Bob.

'Fontelle Harrod said several days after Bob Harrod disappeared, his three daughters came to his house where Fontelle was staying and told her she wasn't entitled to any of their father's assets.

According to records from Orange County Probate Court, Brady and Borcher filed a petition for conservatorship to gain control of their father's assets Aug. 7.

Fontelle Harrod is contesting the action and is still living in Bob Harrod's house, with the locks changed.

Brady said they brought the matter to court because they wanted to free up some of the money to offer a reward for information leading to Bob Harrod's whereabouts, as well as money to pay for bills and maintenance at the house.
The judge ruled against them.

Julie and Jeff Michaels, contacted through Roberta Brady, would not comment for this story.'

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html?page=1

Around this time in 2009, publicity about Bob was really starting to disappear. It's very surprising, considering he was 81, had only disappeared two months before and his love story had generated huge interest.

This long article at the link was soon to be published, on October 8th, 2009. But already you can see, daughter Julie and son in law Jeff Michaels are refusing to speak to media and help publicize Bob's case.

There was family activity, but it didn't appear to center around searching for Bob.

'Fontelle Harrod said several days after Bob Harrod disappeared, his three daughters came to his house where Fontelle was staying and told her she wasn't entitled to any of their father's assets.

According to records from Orange County Probate Court, Brady and Borcher filed a petition for conservatorship to gain control of their father's assets Aug. 7.

Fontelle Harrod is contesting the action and is still living in Bob Harrod's house, with the locks changed.

Brady said they brought the matter to court because they wanted to free up some of the money to offer a reward for information leading to Bob Harrod's whereabouts, as well as money to pay for bills and maintenance at the house.

Julie and Jeff Michaels, contacted through Roberta Brady, would not comment for this story.'

On August 2, 2009, daughter RB signed up and started posting about her missing father on a public forum. By August 6, 2009, RB was writing that her father had been, "very bizarre and secretive" and may have left on his own.

On August 4, 2009, someone posted the following to JuM on her community forum;

"I didn't realize law enforcement was looking at your husband and I'm sure the added stress is unbearable. If things escalate, e-mail me at my screen name @gmail.com and I'll look for agencies that provide free or low-cost legal aid. It's unfortunate that you are dealing with harassment as well as worrying about your Father."

Isn't it sad that in the rush to the bank, nobody in the family could spare a few minutes to write a little blurb about the life of Mr Bob?

Of course, we've read he was a surly & stingy old coot. But he raised them, educated them, bought houses for them.... ungrateful buzzards have been circling for 5 years for the rest of the ca$h.

Will there be a cemetery marker erected beside their mother?

Maybe some day Fontelle will make a remembrance for him. I have wondered if their wedding vows contained the phrase about sharing their earthly goods. It seems the biggest mistake Bob ever made was planning to provide for his bride..... No, on second thought, the biggest mistake was opening his door to his SiL. How could he have ever known? What betrayal!

:clap:

For those of you overwhelmed by the sheer amount of documentation we have here, I will simply say they didn't do this. They offered their "reward" many years later with a clause prohibiting those in Bob's "inner circle" who were likely responsible or had knowledge of his murder/disappearance from collecting the reward. The quotation is from PPD. Not a stranger crime and was committed by someone in Bob's inner circle. Just sayin.

I am in Holland at the moment. I've paid tribute to all the lost in 'Operation Market Garden' in Anhem, 70 years ago during WW2.

All the time, thinking of Bob.

When Bob was called up during the Korean war he wouldn't have had any idea where or when he would be asked to serve. He still did his duty anyhow. Time worked in his favor and he didn't get sent to Korea. But it managed to tear him and Fontelle apart, and that was the price he paid. Poor Bob. He'd probably still be alive now, happily married to his childhood sweetheart, if it hadn't been for doing his duty by his country.

A photo I took in Amsterdam, of a little statue. I don't know what it is meant to mean - but it shows a man in a hole, with a key playing a big part.

It's just perfect for Bob's thread, I think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 84
A missing Dana Point 78 year old has made his own way home, after falling down an embankment.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/point-635930-lantz-last.html

As usual, authorities appealed for the public to help find him straightaway. That didn't happen in poor Bob's case; daughter Julie went on TV and appealed for Bob to come home, so giving everyone the impression he was voluntarily missing. It wasn't until Mrs Harrod arrived the next day and told everyone 'He would not have left on his own', that people seemed to realize there was an urgent need to search for Bob.

Vital time had been lost by then though. That's one of the reasons Bob Harrrod's still missing, I think.

Poor Bob. No vigils, no memorial, no obituary, no decent final resting place. It really is such a shame.

It appears that JuM and her husband are capable of not only creating posters for the missing, but they will actually put them up as well:
I cannot believe her owners put zero effort searching for this precious dog, they had our number to call if she went missing again. We put up fliers all of RS the night we found her below our home, they should have done the same day and the recent event that for both times she got out. We even offered to watch her here if they run dth for overnight visit. Be an advocate for this dog, please do drop in for checks. We just want to know she will be on the road to recovery.

If only Bob had been a runaway German Shepherd.

There are several things that make this post and subsequent posts about the same subject interesting to me. The first is how rapidly JuM claims she responded to the situation...immediately she apparently created fliers and posted them. The worm turns later on when a ROTW poster becomes determined to reunite the dog with her owner-

I spoke at length with Beader and we both concur this dog should NOT be returned to the owners....I would rather know she went peacefully to rainbow bridge rather than return her from where she lived. I hope to hear a happy ending of her being placed with a deserving family. As for telling you where this family lives, I will not share that information.

By choosing not to share the rightful owner's information, JuM...lover of all things living, sets this dog on a path to certain death. JuM will apparently decide which animal will live or die.

I think I am getting closer to an understanding of Bob's biological family.

Links:
http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/sho...m-Running-Spgs&p=423799&viewfull=1#post423799

http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/showthread.php?22805-Need-to-find-BEADER-anyone

It appears that JuM and her husband are capable of not only creating posters for the missing, but they will actually put them up as well:

If only Bob had been a runaway German Shepherd.

There are several things that make this post and subsequent posts about the same subject interesting to me. The first is how rapidly JuM claims she responded to the situation...immediately she apparently created fliers and posted them. The worm turns later on when a ROTW poster becomes determined to reunite the dog with her owner-

By choosing not to share the rightful owner's information, JuM...lover of all things living, sets this dog on a path to certain death. JuM will apparently decide which animal will live or die.

I think I am getting closer to an understanding of Bob's biological family.

Links:
http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/sho...m-Running-Spgs&p=423799&viewfull=1#post423799

http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/showthread.php?22805-Need-to-find-BEADER-anyone

Speechless.......

I spoke at length with Beader and we both concur this dog should NOT be returned to the owners....I would rather know she went peacefully to rainbow bridge rather than return her from where she lived. I hope to hear a happy ending of her being placed with a deserving family. As for telling you where this family lives, I will not share that information.
BBM~~~~~

What a bizarre statement. Was it this kind of thinking that led to Mr. Harrod's death? Perhaps justified it in their minds? Remember when the daughters were posting on another forum and calling their mother, "the REAL Mrs. Harrod"?

http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/sho...-BEADER-anyone&p=423188&viewfull=1#post423188

O.M.G! Yes, that certainly does give us a good picture of the mindset in poor Bob's family.

I can only continue to pray for Fontelle and that Bob will be found and justice served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme