CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am absolutely infuriated!

1: I upgraded my ipad whatsit because it told me to and now I can't post photos properly.

2: Bob's youngest daughter Julia Michaels obviously has touching, appealing photos available of Bob Harrod. But in five years those daughters have only made available poor quality black and white photos; color photo showing half a kid and a kitchen sink; a totally inappropriate photo showing Bob sitting close to a woman who has been cleared of any suspicion in his disappearance!

This is an absolute deliberate strategy, in my opinion, and for her to effectively gloat about it (she knows searchers are reading her posts) is unforgivable.

And in case anyone is wondering because of false information posted elsewhere; police have never said Bob Harrod's son in law is cleared of any suspicion. All they have said is the alibi he gave checked out. But the alibi he gave (Home Depot visit) at 3.02pm does not check out with the time Bob disappeared - before 12 noon.

Bob's daughters ( so presumably son in law's wife too) have now declared via the court that Bob died before noon on that Monday, July 27th, 2009.

I am absolutely infuriated!

1: I upgraded my ipad whatsit because it told me to and now I can't post photos properly.

2: Bob's youngest daughter Julia Michaels obviously has touching, appealing photos available of Bob Harrod. But in five years those daughters have only made available poor quality black and white photos; color photo showing half a kid and a kitchen sink; a totally inappropriate photo showing Bob sitting close to a woman who has been cleared of any suspicion in his disappearance!

This is an absolute deliberate strategy, in my opinion, and for her to effectively gloat about it (she knows searchers are reading her posts) is unforgivable.

And in case anyone is wondering because of false information posted elsewhere; police have never said Bob Harrod's son in law is cleared of any suspicion. All they have said is the alibi he gave checked out. But the alibi he gave (Home Depot visit) at 3.02pm does not check out with the time Bob disappeared - before 12 noon.

Bob's daughters ( so presumably son in law's wife too) have now declared via the court that Bob died before noon on that Monday, July 27th, 2009.

I love your passion, Zwei. It breaks my heart that Mr. Harrod's own DAUGHTERS could seem to give a fig about their father.

ive been popping in here for over a year now after seeing disappeared but never commented.

i find it so hard to believe they way his daughters are acting. Find it absolutely disgusting that it appears they couldn't wait to declare him dead and get their hands on his money.

poor fontelle

My left arm is just kaputt because of the dang dog, plus I did the foolish, stupid upgrade on my ipad which has made every post, every google search, just everything in fact, incredibly difficult.

I am not giving up though. And the search for Bob Harrod (it seems to me) is finding more really dedicated, determined supporters all the time. There aren't thousands of supporters, the way there is for young ones that go missing, but that's to be expected. I don't think Bob himself, or Fontelle, would expect his case to take precedence over (for example) yesterday's disappearance of 7yr old Alexis Reitmeyer, who disappeared in MI, and was found to have been taken to a friend's home, by the friend's parents??

That case attracted a lot of immediate attention, and deservedly so. Bob's supporters seem to know they are in it for the long haul though. And that's what will bring him home. Dedication, determination and a will to never give up. Bob's killer, in my opinion, will break before we do.

I should probably apologize to my dog. I'm not sure it's him that wrecked my arm or the not-so-minor home repairs I've been doing for too many years. Whatever. At least I've never lost a family member or even a pet, during my work. Which is more than you can say for some.

Furthermore, if my pet -let alone an elderly family member - were to go missing, the world would hear about it by the next day. In at least four languages. Just in case. Just saying. There maybe (for all I know) a rule where I live, that people can't be reported missing for 24hrs.

I really would not care. I'd get the word out somehow, someway.

I love your passion, Zwei. It breaks my heart that Mr. Harrod's own DAUGHTERS could seem to give a fig about their father.

Bob's daughter's have done very little to help find him, in my opinion. So I rarely think of them, unless I think they are somehow obstructing the search for Bob, at which point they grab my attention. I'm always very interested in son in law Jeff Michaels though, who is suppposed to be some sort of search and rescue volunteer in Running Springs, San Bernardino, California.

He's never said a single public word to help support the search for his missing father-in-law, although he's the last known person to have seen Bob Harrod alive.

REI Stores hold events all of the time for hikers, with experts giving tips and guidance. I wonder if they ever mention what to do if hikers find something suspicious? I know it's probably the last thing on the mind of a hiker out for a pleasant trip in the wild, but they stumble across so many of our missing.

It would be great if every walker/hiker had a basic grounding in what to look out for, what to do and what to report.

TY Angelo, that was the one. Dedicating a half burned widow maker to her father.

Between the widow maker, the stories about enjoying watching her husband shoot the eyes out of gophers and the recent comment about deciding whether or not someone should have their dog returned to them. Chilling, incredibly chilling. It really caused me to pause and wonder what made her decide she can make decisions only God should be making?

There is a saying, a person is only as sick as their secrets. And there are a lot of secrets in this case.

Police have really released zero information in this case, which may be a little bit responsible for the zero progress, so far. I'm sure they have some, and hope they can give very careful thought to issuing a press release, with an update.

If nothing else, it would at least serve as a reminder to whoever disappeared Bob that they can't just do that to an 81-year-old in Orange County, and then forget all about it.

zwiebel, your last sentence is (I believe the expression is) spot-on. At least it might do a little shaking up, which would be a good thing. They all give the appearance of being way too comfortable, not to mention newly rich. grrr

Well, watching out for news of Bob, as usual, and suddenly all the news from Texas to Buffalo is about the first case of Ebola in the US. It's a bit worrying. That's not a nice disease.

Well, watching out for news of Bob, as usual, and suddenly all the news from Texas to Buffalo is about the first case of Ebola in the US. It's a bit worrying. That's not a nice disease.

I'll bet it will soon be reaching RS, CA.

Rejected? I wonder on what grounds? And, looking at the form, what had been requested? It looks as though applicants can request just about complete power over the estate, to distribute/spend as they wish. No guarantee it will be granted, of course.

Which it seems in this case, it was not. How very disappointing for Bob's girls.

Perhaps more supporting evidence for proof of Bob's death is required? Daughters could try asking OC cold case unit if they can help.

It does seem strange that when it came to people trying to search, certain members of Bob's family gave every impression they thought he was still alive but was hiding out on an island/had run off for various reasons/had wandered off because his mind was going. Therefore there wasn't anything to be done but sit back and 'let police do their job'.

Now it has come to claiming all his property, cash and stocks and shares, there's been an abrupt turnaround and they're certain he is dead. I wonder if Bob's son in law believes Bob is dead too?

I agree entirely.
I also think there's somewhat of a pattern of 'disguised' paranoia (as exhibited by disclosure of random 'stressors', often online) that creeps up when folks start discussing search efforts again after a period of apparent rest.

I have an idea. Let's start again.

I should have added to that, I've observed this pattern of behavior in missing persons' cases before. Sometimes people will go so far as to make statements questioning the actual reality of cases- such as in Holly Bobo's case. Several years ago, there was much discussion thrown about on the internet by random strangers disputing her actual existance- and hers was sadly not the only time I have come across that.

Just begs the question...why on earth would anyone go so far as to question and speculate about the veracity of a missing persons' actual EXSISTANCE?
Hoaxes do exist, but good gravy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member