CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most children are closer to either their father or mother. Georgia left HER trust to her daughters. Could it be that she saw all these traits in her husband too? Like I said..We will never know the family dynamics of anyone's family. Bob's daughters knew their father kept much needed funds away from the care of their mother. I would be bitter too. Poor Georgia probably died happy knowing that her daughters would be well taken care of..And now look at what they are dealing with because of one Internet hook up!! I'm still convinced the hairdresser was jealous that Bob got married and left her out in the cold and left her well dry. That's where the PPD need to dig. But badmouthing the daughters because of things said at the beginning of the missing days of their father when emotions were high, and childhood memories of a strict, frugal father need to be forgotten IMHO!

You are free to forget what the daughter's posted.

The daughter's were not posting about their childhood memories, they were posting about their father's character.

If she were still alive, I wonder what would Georgia say about the daughter's statements. She would have known him best after almost sixty years together. What would Bob say, for that matter? Fontelle knew him when she was a little girl and met him just a couple of weeks before this happened.

The hairdresser is the most suspicious of all these. IMHO

The daughter's posts speak for themselves. Quite frankly, I do not see what Georgia's opinion of her daughter's postings have to do with what happened to Mr. Harrod.

Within days of their father's disappearance, the daughters went on a public internet forum and trashed their father's character. They did not ask for help with searching.

Two of Mr. Harrod's three daughters filed for conservatorship of the estate on Aug 7, 2009. They filed to be appointed successor trustees of the Harrod Family Trust on Aug 28, 2009.

The daughter's posts speak for themselves. Quite frankly, I do not see what Georgia's opinion of her daughter's postings have to do with what happened to Mr. Harrod.

Within days of their father's disappearance, the daughters went on a public internet forum and trashed their father's character. They did not ask for help with searching.

Two of Mr. Harrod's three daughters filed for conservatorship of the estate on Aug 7, 2009. They filed to be appointed successor trustees of the Harrod Family Trust on Aug 28, 2009.

I thought we had reached a point in this thread where we were trying to think who had the best motive to make Robert Harrod disappear for whatever reason.

If your opinion is that the daughter's caused their dad's disappearance and likely murder, that is certainly your right.

I just happen to believe that no matter what the daughter's felt about their dad's character, no matter how they judged him, no matter
what they said on an internet forum;
the perpretator is not any of the daughters.

JMO

Most children are closer to either their father or mother. Georgia left HER trust to her daughters. Could it be that she saw all these traits in her husband too? Like I said..We will never know the family dynamics of anyone's family. Bob's daughters knew their father kept much needed funds away from the care of their mother. I would be bitter too. Poor Georgia probably died happy knowing that her daughters would be well taken care of..And now look at what they are dealing with because of one Internet hook up!! I'm still convinced the hairdresser was jealous that Bob got married and left her out in the cold and left her well dry. That's where the PPD need to dig. But badmouthing the daughters because of things said at the beginning of the missing days of their father when emotions were high, and childhood memories of a strict, frugal father need to be forgotten IMHO!

I am inclined to think the hairdresser is the person to take a cold hard look at... and am hoping PPD has done and will continue to do so.

As for Georgia H, if she were here, there would not be any missing Robert Harrod.

Whatever the daughter's thought of their dad when they were kids or as adults, it is their opinion.
From what I can read about, they did hire a private investigator.
Perhaps that person has uncovered leads we do not know about.

I wish the family had rallied to post more fliers, hold a vigil, be more active in raising money, but everyone handles tragedy in their own way.

I thought we had reached a point in this thread where we were trying to think who had the best motive to make Robert Harrod disappear for whatever reason.

If your opinion is that the daughter's caused their dad's disappearance and likely murder, that is certainly your right.

I just happen to believe that no matter what the daughter's felt about their dad's character, no matter how they judged him, no matter
what they said on an internet forum;
the perpretator is not any of the daughters.

JMO

....and that's fine.

I wish the family had rallied to post more fliers, hold a vigil, be more active in raising money, but everyone handles tragedy in their own way.

Snipped~~~~~~

Yes, everyone handles tragedy in their own ways. Sometimes those ways bring suspicion upon certain people. A few days ago one of the daughters threatened Paul because of his postings.

Scott Peterson is another example. He never searched for Laci. They found discarded flyers in his truck.

A more recent example is Terri Horman. She was on the internet posting on forums defending herself instead of helping with the search for Kyron.

If behavior is inappropriate, it deserves to be examined.

Dreamweaver

Your post above shows my name as the post you are quoting. I did not write that post, Dolly did.

How did my name get there?

Dreamweaver

Your post above shows my name as the post you are quoting. I did not write that post, Dolly did.

How did my name get there?

I don't know what happened..I did not post anything regarding fliers, vigils or raising money...WEIRD!

Angelo..Did you post about how a family handles tragedy in their own way? I'm SO confused!!

I don't know what happened..I did not post anything regarding fliers, vigils or raising money...WEIRD!

Angelo..Did you post about how a family handles tragedy in their own way? I'm SO confused!!

That's strange. Must be a glitch.

I have seen the quotes get off track before. No worries!

I wanted to say, I'm working on another missing persons case where the reward has been more of a curse than a blessing. It has brought out numerous wierdos and seemingly bogus possible sightings. .

Of course, that is on a case where the person may or may not be deceased. There are plenty of arguments for both theories. I don't believe most of us here have any reason to believe, at this point, that Bob Harrod is still living. :(

I have seen the quotes get off track before. No worries!

I wanted to say, I'm working on another missing persons case where the reward has been more of a curse than a blessing. It has brought out numerous wierdos and seemingly bogus possible sightings. .

Of course, that is on a case where the person may or may not be deceased. There are plenty of arguments for both theories. I don't believe most of us here have any reason to believe, at this point, that Bob Harrod is still living. :(

Right. The reward is just one of the things a family can do when their loved one is missing. Just like the polygraph is just one of the tools LE can use.

The Doe Network - Missing Persons Checklist

[snipped]

THE MONTHS AHEAD:

• Consider offering a reward if you haven’t already
  • Organize events to keep the case alive in the media and with the public (loved one’s birthday, missing date anniversary).
    [*]Provide LE with any updates or leads that you may have. Let them know if your loved one has been located or heard from.

[*]Provide updates to the missing persons sites you’ve listed the case
    . Let them know if your loved one has been located so that the case can be removed.
    [*]Notify LE of any address, phone or email changes if you move.

[*]Submit a DNA sample to be entered into the database for comparison with unidentified remains
    . There is no cost for you. Your local LE will be able to collect the sample.
    [*]NOTE: The DNA sample can only be used to cross reference Missing Persons and Unidentified Persons. It is not cross-referenced with the criminal DNA database.
    [*]Find out your state’s laws on victim’s rights because you may be entitled to certain privileges as the family member of a missing loved one.
    [*]Verify that your loved one is still listed in NCIC about every 6 months.
ADDITIONAL SUGGESTIONS:
  • Contact crime shows such as America’s Most Wanted, 48 Hours, etc. about profiling your loved one’s case.
  • Have a dedicated phone line installed complete with CallerID and a recorder. Designate someone to answer the phone.
http://www.doenetwork.org/

Resources and Bob‘s Case:

The Doe Network
I can’t find Bob listed here???

The Doe Network is a volunteer organization devoted to assisting Law Enforcement in solving cold cases concerning Unexplained Disappearances and Unidentified Victims from North America, Australia and Europe. It is our mission to give the nameless back their names and return the missing to their families. We hope to accomplish this mission in three ways; by giving the cases exposure on our website, by having our volunteers search for clues on these cases as well as making possible matches between missing and unidentified persons and lastly through attempting to get media exposure for these cases that need and deserve it.
http://www.doenetwork.org/

Office of the Attorney General - California State Department of Justice
Bob is listed here
Report Type:
Voluntary Missing Adult
Weight: 140 lbs.
Why hasn’t this been updated?
http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=3890920900061

North American Missing Persons Network
Bob is listed here
Classification:
Voluntary Missing Adult
Weight: 140 lbs.
Why hasn’t this been updated?
http://www.nampn.org/cases/harrod_robert.html

National Crime Information Center (NCIC)
NCIC number M088264467
http://www.fas.org/irp/agency/doj/fbi/is/ncic.htm

National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NAMUS)
Bob is listed here; daughter P registered and entered information
Date entered:
August 18, 2009
Case #: 09-3263
NamUs MP #: 2706
National Crime Information Center (NCIC) number M088264467
DNA - Status: Sample is currently not available
Dental - Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
Fingerprint - Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available
Profile Strenth: 3 out of 5 stars
(Auto generated based on amount and quality of data provided. For example, a case that includes identification information like specific clothing and accessories,
dental records, DNA reporting and fingerprints will have more stars than a record containing only basic features like eye and hair color.)

Strongly Recommended Information: DNA, Dental records, Fingerprints
Were Bob’s DNA, Dental Records, and Fingerprint information ever provided and is it on file on the necessary sites?

FAQs:
[snipped]

What happens when a case is updated?
Users can log in and check on cases as often as they want and add information. Additional information will be held for verification prior to publishing in order to maintain the highest quality data.

How can users improve the chances that their loved one will be found? Law enforcement agencies need as much information as possible when trying to solve cases. Contact information for the missing person's dentist so dental records can be obtained
  • Fingerprints (Did the missing person ever get a background check with fingerprints?)
    [*]DNA Samples - For example: a personal item that will provide DNA (hairbrush, toothbrush, etc.) or DNA samples from family members that can be submitted for DNA analysis
    [*]Good, clear photos of the missing person
    [*]All of this information can be helpful and there are opportunities to add detailed information of this type into the system.
Bob's Case Report: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/2706
FAQs: https://www.findthemissing.org/homes/faq

Daughter J posted on another forum on April 22, 2009 that her husband (Bob's SIL) had been laid off the day before.

Not sure if he was still unemployed when Bob went missing, but if so, it is something to consider regarding possible events, state of mind, triggers.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/180/50376

I’m considering possible motive, means, opportunity, state of mind in these areas:
  1. SIL*
  2. Daughters**
  3. Hairdresser
*(Speculation, IMO): Crime of passion n. a defendant's excuse for committing a crime due to sudden anger or heartbreak, in order to eliminate the element of "premeditation."
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/crime+of+passion

**(Speculation, IMO): Accessory After the Fact
Whoever, knowing that an offense has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact
http://www.lectlaw.com/def/a007.htm

I’m considering possible motive, means, opportunity, state of mind in these areas:
  1. SIL*
  2. Daughters**
  3. Hairdresser
*(Speculation, IMO): Crime of passion n. a defendant's excuse for committing a crime due to sudden anger or heartbreak, in order to eliminate the element of "premeditation."

Whoever, knowing that an offense has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact

I.M.H.O.

Although I do not suspect Fontelle's direct involvement, the above list should be expanded to also include her adult children from the two previous marriages. Wasn't it said that she lived with her son in a trailer on his property? Why would a son be in no hurry to bring her back into the protective fold here in her home state? I continually WONDER about the possibility of a monitary motive in leaving her all alone in California for the time being. If she was my mother, I wouldn't want to leave her in harms way, mingling with strangers and possible suspects, not for all the money in the world. But then, we all love our mothers differently, don't we.

There have been so many theories that I.M.H.O. none should be left out of consideration. The best sleuths must remain objective at all times.

I.M.H.O. Objective opinions should be welcome here.

I.M.H.O.

There have been so many theories that I.M.H.O. none should be left out of consideration. The best sleuths must remain objective at all times.

I.M.H.O. Objective opinions should be welcome here.

SNIPPED~~~~~~~~~

Agree!!!!

1. SIL*
  2. Daughters**
  3. Hairdresser

Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members