CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can tell, Fontelle is holding up. She has made some friends of former neighbors out there and contacts the Placentia PD regularly for updates. She also stays in contact with her children. She seems to be as frustrated as everyone else with the lack of progress on the case.

My observations on “An Update on Our Father” recently posted by one of the daughters on another forum. Note that this is my personal opinion and I am not asking anyone to agree with me.

Daughter posted Bob never kept his wallet and keys in his pocket unless he was out somewhere. She posted they noticed in a fairly recent photograph that Bob was wearing another pair of glasses that were not found. My interpretation (IMO): She wants the reader to believe that Bob left the house voluntarily and that whatever happened to him did not occur in the house (e.g. a possible confrontation with the SIL, and his wallet, keys, and glasses were then removed from the house with him).

She posted that Bob cannot get into his own home now if he tried with his own set of keys. My interpretation (IMO): She’s not worried that Bob can’t get into the house - she’s still furious that she cannot get into the house. I guess she forgot that her older sister posted on Aug 11, 2009 that the changing of the locks was her suggestion.

She posted she recently spoke to the lead detective. She posted detective said it’s still an active investigation and nobody has been cleared. She asked him about homeless shelters and he said they checked junkyard/fruit stand property nearby, local landfill, and one homeless shelter in the area.

She posted she already knew they have a lot of different phone records from several states to review.
My interpretation (IMO): She wants the reader to believe that Fontelle’s children are being looked at by the PPD.

She posted the cold feet theory came directly from the PPD. She posted that each of them considered their theory but promptly rejected it as none of the family members ever believed that their father would walk away. My interpretation (IMO): She’s trying to blame the PPD for the cold feet suggestion. Not sure how she defines “promptly” but I counted 10 comments from her and her older sister posted on IS between 8/14/2009 and 8/21/2009 that in my opinion, implied Bob walked away.

She posted that Paul was the Bob’s closest friend since her parents moved to Placentia, and that perhaps Paul can contribute “some tidbit” that might stimulate investigators about something they missed before. She posted that she emailed Paul’s contact info to the lead investigator about a week ago. My interpretation (IMO): She is downplaying the importance of a witness (Bob’s best friend). She emailed Paul’s contact information to the PPD (~July 28th or 29th) only after she called and spoke to him on July 27th.

I notice she didn’t post anything about planned vigils, searches, posting of fliers, establishing a reward, creating a website, asking posters to link Bob’s missing flier, etc. Yet there were >20 filings by her and her older sister on the Conservatorship of Estate probate case between 8/7/2009 and 6/7/2010 (that doesn‘t include the Trust Proceedings case).

I wish we had the luxury of making observations on public comments made by the other players in Bob's disappearance, but we don't. Seems they have nothing to say.

It's nice to see some activity for Bob.

Does anyone know if LE has the records from the phone that the hairdresser gave to Bob? Seems obvious but I have never seen it stated anywhere.

It's nice to see some activity for Bob.

Does anyone know if LE has the records from the phone that the hairdresser gave to Bob? Seems obvious but I have never seen it stated anywhere.

I don't believe we've ever seen anything official, but I'm quite sure LE is all over all of the phone records. They're important to the case, to be sure.

Phone records will not be released to the public at this time, per a conversation with PPD police detective.

What I am trying to ask if LE knew that he had a cell phone and has it been located or did it go missing with Bob?

What I am trying to ask if LE knew that he had a cell phone and has it been located or did it go missing with Bob?

I don't recall ever seeing Bob had a cell phone. Did I miss that?

I am trying to remember correctly, but I think Robert had more than one pair of eye glasses.
Also, there was a picture in a news article of the eye glasses on the table and they look like they were placed there, ear pieces folded in..
at least that is what I think I remember.

Hello, dreamweaver! I am just now coming into this missing person's case and have read every post up to now.

There is a pic somewhere showing Bob's glasses on the kitchen or dining room table. I wear glasses to read. What struck me as very, very odd is how those glasses were placed on the table. Most all people who wear glasses (at least in my experience) will not place their glasses down on a table that way. In fact, they would be placed with the end of the ear peices upwards. It would be a normal motion in taking the glasses off to place them with the ear peices facing upwards.

It is my opinion that someone other than Bob placed those glasses on the table.

I intend to post more after I have read the other few pages in this thread. There are quite a few things that do not sit well with me. I do not think that Bob's daughters had anything to do with his disappearance, but that is JMO.

MOO

I saw her son only from a distance going into and out of Bob's house. He looked like he was late teens or early twenties. I did not know it was her son until Bob told me. She had given Bob a cell phone to use when he called Fontelle. Her son had gone over to show him how to use it. That was what Bob told me. This was all before Fontelle had come out to CA the first time.

BBM:

Why on earth would the hairdresser give Bob a cell phone to call Fontelle on of all people? This is just one of the things that does not sit well with me. Does LE have this cell phone? If I were them (LE), I certainly would have it or find out exactly what happened to it.

IMO

Great ideas.

Mr. Harrod was a member of the California Masons. I wonder if they have ever been asked to get the word out.

My late husband was a Grand Master in his Masonic Lodge years and years ago. Mason's help each other and their families in all situations, so I have to wonder if any of them came forward to help when Bob came up missing.

I have to wonder just how active Bob still was and if he attended meetings regularly.

Mason's will help anyone in need. They are to do personal good deeds and not take the credit for it or brag about it. You are to give men a way to help themselves, but always help women, children, and widows. BUT it is up to the husband if a woman is married to help her in crisis. That is why I am surprised that Bob gave sums of money to the hairdresser.

Mason's are to take care of their families, and that doesn't mean just when they are small children. I can see why Bob would help his grown children if any one of them were in any need at all.

Mason's are to remember the Mason's in their will. Did Bob have a will? I would think Bob would certainly have had a will as he had apparently been successful in his working career and would have his financial affairs in order.

As far as Fontelle is concerned, I can see her being allowed to live in the house as long as she cares to, but with little else. Bob's daughters should have a right to go in and inventory the contents of the house, IMO. She may have married Bob, but they never actually lived together as man and wife for a period of time. My opinion will not be popular opinion, but no matter.

Sorry. I really did not mean to get into a long winded post yet because I am just now catching up on all posts. You certainly did not ask for all of this information or my opinion, Angelo.

JMO's

Bob’s Cell Phone - References

(Note: Daughters referred to the hairdresser as “POI” on IS forum.)

CBS Article - Aug 9, 2009
He did not have his cell phone and his car was in his driveway.

Daughter (P) on IS - Aug 12, 2009 (no link)
He has called me at home exactly two times this year, one from his home phone and one from a cell phone that the POI had given him. The only other time was about 2 to 3 years ago, when my Mom was really sick. He does NOT have long-distance and was too cheap to pay for it.

Daughter (P) on IS - Aug 12, 2009 (no link)
The POI did give him the cell phone, but he did NOT know how to answer it - chuckle.

CAExile on WS - July 29, 2010
I saw her son only from a distance going into and out of Bob's house. He looked like he was late teens or early twenties. I did not know it was her son until Bob told me. She had given Bob a cell phone to use when he called Fontelle. Her son had gone over to show him how to use it. That was what Bob told me. This was all before Fontelle had come out to CA the first time.

http://cbs2.com/local/newlywed.groom.missing.2.1120666.html
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5463196&postcount=121

Please note that the glasses were placed on the kitchen table by the television media.

Hello, dreamweaver! I am just now coming into this missing person's case and have read every post up to now.

There is a pic somewhere showing Bob's glasses on the kitchen or dining room table. I wear glasses to read. What struck me as very, very odd is how those glasses were placed on the table. Most all people who wear glasses (at least in my experience) will not place their glasses down on a table that way. In fact, they would be placed with the end of the ear peices upwards. It would be a normal motion in taking the glasses off to place them with the ear peices facing upwards.

It is my opinion that someone other than Bob placed those glasses on the table.

I intend to post more after I have read the other few pages in this thread. There are quite a few things that do not sit well with me. I do not think that Bob's daughters had anything to do with his disappearance, but that is JMO.

MOO

BBM:

Why on earth would the hairdresser give Bob a cell phone to call Fontelle on of all people? This is just one of the things that does not sit well with me. Does LE have this cell phone? If I were them (LE), I certainly would have it or find out exactly what happened to it.

IMO

The PPD was given the barber's cell phone by the daughters, after Fontelle and her daughter's arrival.

Why would the cash-strapped friend supply an elderly man, who seldom left the house, with a cell phone to call his new bride? His home phone is how F was able to reconnect with him so why another phone?

Why would the cash-strapped friend supply an elderly man, who seldom left the house, with a cell phone to call his new bride? His home phone is how F was able to reconnect with him so why another phone?

Inquiring minds want to know. Good question.

Inquiring minds want to know. Good question.

Possibly he wanted/ needed a cellphone since he didnt have long-distance on his landline...I believe that was posted somewhere.

He was a man in love, he probably wanted to make sure that Fontelle could reach him at all times.

The PPD was given the barber's cell phone by the daughters, after Fontelle and her daughter's arrival.

Did the PPD check the cell phone records of everyone close to Mr. Harrod.

Did the PPD check cell phone pings of everyone close to Mr. Harrod, to find out if they were where they said they were on July 27, 2009?

Did the PPD check the cell phone records of everyone close to Mr. Harrod.

Did the PPD check cell phone pings of everyone close to Mr. Harrod, to find out if they were where they said they were on July 27, 2009?

One would hope that has been done over the last year.

So the hairdresser gave Bob the phone so he and F could talk for hours on her dime. Sounds like a generous friend. I wonder if Bob started using the cell phone to call F or if he continued to use his home phone?

OR did the hairdresser supply a cell phone to Bob so she could communicate with him so F would not know....

One would hope that has been done over the last year.

So the hairdresser gave Bob the phone so he and F could talk for hours on her dime. Sounds like a generous friend. I wonder if Bob started using the cell phone to call F or if he continued to use his home phone?

Perhaps he paid for it. The daughters said he wasnt tech savvy..maybe she just got it for him. Who said she actually put out the money for it? Also remember, they said he didnt have long-distance on his home phone, so he could not call Fontelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic