CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is what the disagreement was the night before Mr Harrod went missing LaLaw..Mr Harrod, as conservator, of his wife's estate was supposed to turn the paperwork over to his daughters and he kept refusing to do it. I think the trust was primarily for the daughters. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think by law..it was his responsibility to hand over all paperwork to his daughters and he refused.

The "heated"argument the night before is a she said, she said.

The daughters say one thing and Fontelle says another. Mr. Harrod is not here to tell his side of what took place the night before he disappeared.

IMO Fontelle's version sounds more plausible.

The "heated"argument the night before is a she said, she said.

The daughters say one thing and Fontelle says another. Mr. Harrod is not here to tell his side of what took place the night before he disappeared.

IMO Fontelle's version sounds more plausible.

Fontelle was not there. It's actually her word against those who were there - and who have been publicly honest about what happened that night. And whom she's fighting now for $$$.

Fontelle was not there. It's actually her word against those who were there - and who have been publicly honest about what happened that night. And whom she's fighting now for $$$.

We do not know who is being honest and Mr. Harrod disappeared the next day so he can not tell us.

We do not know who is being honest and Mr. Harrod disappeared the next day so he can not tell us.

No, we don't. However, most of those left behind have something to gain. They all should be considered suspicious at this point. IMOHO.

Sure would love to know more about that cell phone!

No, we don't. However, most of those left behind have something to gain. They all should be considered suspicious at this point. IMOHO.

Sure would love to know more about that cell phone!

Hopefully the police know more about the cell phone, though that could be questionable because they never contacted Paul. Mr. Harrod deserves to be found and he deserves justice.

...or a different wig?

Did I miss something? Or is it that the 15 yr old Fontelle wore a wig back when she and Robert Harrod dated?
(It is the middle of the night here, so maybe it's time to go back to bed.)

I updated the timeline with the new info from the LA Times article. For focus, I'm just including a few days before he went missing and after.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4768783&postcount=312

Sat, July 25, 2009

Bob Harrod last seen by a neighbor or neighbors.
Sun, July 26, 2009

Afternoon – Bob’s 3 daughters went to his house. They argued over finances.
According to Fontelle, Bob said his daughters became upset when he told them he planned to include his new wife in the estate. (Note that Bob must have told Fontelle this when they spoke later that evening.)
Per daughter PB, “There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms.” (ref IS and since removed)

His daughter RB said her father lost his temper. She said he had failed to provide copies of their mother's will, which he was obligated to do because of the financial mechanisms set up by the estate. "It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."
Evening - Fontelle last spoke to Bob by phone while she was in MO. (Note: MO time zone is 2 hours ahead of California.)
~8:00PM – Sunset in CA
Mon, July 27, 2009

Weather: Low temp: 68.5 F, high temp: 91.4 F, avg: 78.2 F; precipitation: 0.0
~6:00AM – Sunrise in CA
9:30AM – Bob’s son-in-law JM arrives at Bob’s house.
10:00AM – Per officials, there was a phone call to Bob, which is the last time anyone other than SIL JM verified he was at the house. (Note: was this the housekeeper?)
Morning/Time? - Bob talked to the housekeeper on the phone and told her to come.
Morning/Time? – Hearsay: SIL JM went to CVS Pharmacy in Placentia. He purchased soda and paper plates. We don’t know whether he stopped at CVS on the way to Bob’s before 9:30AM, or whether he left Bob’s house in the AM, went to CVS, then returned to Bob’s house. (Note: There is a CVS Pharmacy on East Yorba Linda Boulevard, which is a 5 min drive from Bob’s house.)
~11:00AM-12:00? – Daughter PB says she called her father and heard her BIL say he was going to the hardware store, and her father “responded in a favorable way.” (ref IS and since removed)
~2:40PM – SIL JM left Bob’s house and went to Home Depot.
~2:55PM? – SIL JM arrived at Home Depot. (Note: Unknown which Home Depot JM went to. There is a Home Depot at 601 S Placentia Ave, Fullerton, CA 92831-5199. Distance is only 2.7 miles from Bob’s address in Placentia, about a 6-minute drive. There is another Home Depot located at 2455 E Imperial Hwy, Brea, CA 92821-6114. Distance from Bob’s address in Placentia is 2.8 miles, about a 7-minute drive.)
~3:00PM? – The housekeeper arrived at Bob’s house. The door was locked and nobody answered.
3:04PM – SIL JM paid for purchases at Home Depot (per time stamp of purchase receipt).
3:30PM – SIL JM arrived back at Bob’s house from Home Depot, and the housekeeper was sitting on the porch, waiting to be let in. She told JM the door was locked and nobody was answering, and that Harrod might be taking a nap. JM then went into the house to check, and Harrod was not there. JM told the housekeeper his father-in-law might have gone to visit a neighbor, police say
Time? – Housekeeper cleaned and left the house.
6:00PM – SIL JM left the house and headed home to Running Springs.
8:00PM? – Fontelle called Bob’s house but he didn’t answer. She called him every 20 minutes until after midnight, when daughter JM called to say her father was missing.
Evening/Night - Harrod's daughter JM, SIL’s wife, called the house, and there was no answer. She called her sisters RB and PB.
Evening/Night – Daughter RB called Placentia Police to do a welfare check at the residence. Officers found the house empty.
Tues, July 28, 2009

After Midnight – Bob’s daughter JM called Fontelle Harrod in Missouri and told her Bob was missing
~12:22AM PDST - Fontelle filed a missing persons report from Missouri with PPD.
Daughter JM gave interview to reporter. Said her husband was with her dad at his home the day before, he went to the hardware store alone, and when he came back, her dad was gone. Asked what time, she replied, “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”
After Bob disappeared, someone -- police won't say who -- told officers he might have regretted the decision to marry. For three days police thought they were dealing with a case of cold feet.
Wed, July 29, 2009

Fontelle returned to Placentia from MO (as previously scheduled).
In response to being contacted by family before Bob went missing, an investigator from OC Social Services showed up at Bob’s house to conduct the second investigation into suspected elder financial abuse. (ref IS and since removed)
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3066456.story
http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html
http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/...9354&src=front

I found another set of conflicting details.
From this link-http://www.ocregister.com/news/fontelle-148279-bob-years.html - the third paragraph

""She had this long, long hair," recalled Bob, now 82. "I thought she was fantastic, just beautiful.""

Now if you go to this link - http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2010985815_disappeared08.html and look at photo 1 of 3, you will see a picture of F with a bobbed haircut.

It seems odd that she would cut radically the feature he found so striking. I wonder if there are any family photographs of them together when her hair was long?

ETA: nevermind I see the old pic. IDK, It was the style back then? Bob may have not been happy about her cutting off that long hair. lol.

_
These are just some examples of the differences about the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance. There are more.

The SIL's Home Depot receipt is stamped at 3:04 pm.

Daughter J states her father disappears around noon or 1 pm.

Reporter: “J says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

J: “My dad was gone.”

Reporter: “What time?”

J: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

~11:00AM-12:00? – Daughter PB says she called her father and heard her BIL say he was going to the hardware store, and her father “responded in a favorable way.” ( IS post and since removed )

July 28, 2009~~ Daughter J posted on ROTW at 1:50 pm and says that her father has been missing for about 28 hours. That would put the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance at about 10:00 am on July 27, 2009.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=0

Robert’s son-in-law told cops that in the late morning on July 27, 2009, he had left Robert to run errands at the hardware store, and when he returned, Robert was gone.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=67544

Robert Harrod was last seen at his residence on July 27, 2009 at 11:00 A.M. in the city of Placentia. When a family member returned to the house at approximately 1:00 P.M., Harrod was gone.

http://placentia.org/DocumentView.aspx?DID=102

Harrod was last seen at his residence in the 500 block of Carnation Drive Placentia, California sometime between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on July 27, 2009. His son-in-law went to the store and when he returned at 1:00 p.m., he found the front door locked, the housekeeper waiting on the porch, and Harrod missing.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/harrod_robert.html

For the most part, Fontelle's days are quiet. Her eyes are bad, so she can't drive. One of Bob's former neighbors is helping her, bringing her food or taking her shopping. There are days when the desire to return to her own family makes her ache, but she resists leaving.

"I want to find out who did this to him," she says. "I want whatever is left of him to take home."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2010985815_disappeared08.html

_
These are just some examples of the differences about the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance. There are more.

The SIL's Home Depot receipt is stamped at 3:04 pm.

Daughter J states her father disappears around noon or 1 pm.

Reporter: “J says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

J: “My dad was gone.”

Reporter: “What time?”

J: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

~11:00AM-12:00? – Daughter PB says she called her father and heard her BIL say he was going to the hardware store, and her father “responded in a favorable way.” ( IS post and since removed )

July 28, 2009~~ Daughter J posted on ROTW at 1:50 pm and says that her father has been missing for about 28 hours. That would put the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance at about 10:00 am on July 27, 2009.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=0

Robert’s son-in-law told cops that in the late morning on July 27, 2009, he had left Robert to run errands at the hardware store, and when he returned, Robert was gone.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=67544

Robert Harrod was last seen at his residence on July 27, 2009 at 11:00 A.M. in the city of Placentia. When a family member returned to the house at approximately 1:00 P.M., Harrod was gone.

http://placentia.org/DocumentView.aspx?DID=102

Harrod was last seen at his residence in the 500 block of Carnation Drive Placentia, California sometime between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on July 27, 2009. His son-in-law went to the store and when he returned at 1:00 p.m., he found the front door locked, the housekeeper waiting on the porch, and Harrod missing.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/harrod_robert.html

JM told police that he worked at the home then went to Home Depot about 2:40 p.m. to buy supplies. When he returned about 3:30 p.m., Bob's housekeeper was sitting on the front stoop because no one had answered the door.

About 2:30 p.m. was the last time anyone says they saw Bob Harrod.
JM said he returned to the house after 3 p.m. to find the Harrods' longtime maid sitting on the front stoop, saying the door was locked.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html

What happened between the phone call the daughter alleges to have heard her BIL - IIRC he is her BIL- and the time the SIL returned to find Bob missing.

Something is seriously missing from this portion time line imo. I posted earlier, there is almost no way she would have clearly heard her BIL say to Bob from across the room he was going to the store. Unless the SIL was no more than 2' away from the phone or screaming from the other side of the room I don't believe she could have heard this. Did the SIL confirm this call and it's time?

If the SIL was really there until later that afternoon what did he and Bob do for lunch? Was that ever reported? How close does the daughter who allegedly overheard this live from Bobs home? Is it possible she went to her dads home and did something while her BIL was at the store?

What is the time line of events between this phone call and the time the SIL returned. Seems there should be a lot more info about that time period. Unless I missed it in the earlier thread.

tia and JMO

What happened between the phone call the daughter alleges to have heard her BIL - IIRC he is her BIL- and the time the SIL returned to find Bob missing.

Something is seriously missing from this portion time line imo. I posted earlier, there is almost no way she would have clearly heard her BIL say to Bob from across the room he was going to the store. Unless the SIL was no more than 2' away from the phone or screaming from the other side of the room I don't believe she could have heard this. Did the SIL confirm this call and it's time?

If the SIL was really there until later that afternoon what did he and Bob do for lunch? Was that ever reported? How close does the daughter who allegedly overheard this live from Bobs home? Is it possible she went to her dads home and did something while her BIL was at the store?

What is the time line of events between this phone call and the time the SIL returned. Seems there should be a lot more info about that time period. Unless I missed it in the earlier thread.

tia and JMO

The timeline has never added up. It does not make sense. The same daughter reported overhearing the SIL on the NamUs information page.

"He was at home and seemed in good spirits when I last spoke to him somewhere between 11 a.m. - 12pm. His son-in-law was there doing odd jobs as Dads new wife was returning from Missouri on Wed. 7/29/09. Heard son-in-law say he was going to the hardware store. When he returned the housekeeper was waiting outside and Dad was gone."

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0

Let’s think about this for a moment.

The 3 daughters, who live in 3 different towns, went to Bob’s house Sunday, July 26, 2009. They didn’t go to help Bob prepare the house for Fontelle’s arrival, or to celebrate that he was happy again. According to police, they argued about money. According to Fontelle, Bob told her the daughters became upset when he told them he planned to include Fontelle in the estate.

The daughters left and I believe it was not on good terms. That Sunday evening, Bob spoke to Fontelle in MO by phone. Most likely, he told her exactly what happened with his daughters that day, and what he thought about that.

The next day, the SIL was at the house between ~9:30AM and ~6PM. At ~2:40PM he leaves to go to Home Depot, arriving back at ~3:30PM. The housekeeper had a scheduled appointment for most likely 3PM, as agreed to with Bob that morning when he spoke to her and told her to come. Bob was having her clean the house because Fontelle was due to arrive back in 2 days. Bob was expecting the housekeeper and I do not think he would have willingly left the house if she was due to arrive in just 20 min. If we accept that timeline, someone other than the SIL was able to get Bob out of the house in 20 minutes, between 2:40PM and 3PM. And we have to accept that the oldest daughter somehow mistakenly put on Bob’s missing report and posted on a forum ~2 weeks later that between 11AM and 12:00 Noon she heard her BIL say he was going to the hardware store while speaking to Bob on the phone.

Fontelle arrived at Bob’s house in CA from MO that Wed. Bob’s 2 daughters and the media were there (3rd daughter had left and gone to nephew‘s house by that time). Then the investigator from Social Services who had been contacted by Bob’s family (for the 2nd time in ~3 months), showed up to do an investigation. Most likely the daughters contacted social services regarding Bob giving his money to the hairdresser and perhaps after they found out Bob married Fontelle (daughter posted they weren‘t told about the marriage for a few days).

The daughters and Fontelle then spoke to the investigator from Social Services. I’ll bet Fontelle got an earful from the daughters and was probably confused and scared. According to one article, that Wed evening, Detective Loomis spoke to Fontelle at length. Fontelle most likely told Loomis in more detail what Bob told her Sunday evening about the argument with the daughters.

The daughters most likely expected Fontelle would go back to MO in a few days, and probably urged her to do so. Fontelle said several days after Bob went missing his daughters came to the house and told Fontelle she wasn’t entitled to any of their father’s assets. Instead of leaving, Fontelle remained in Bob’s house and changed the locks. Why? Because the man that she loved and had just married went missing. Because she probably detected that something was not right with the situation. Because Bob needed an advocate looking out for him.

Since then, we had two of the daughters belittling their father on a forum, one daughter and the SIL in Oct 2009 who would not comment for a story on their father, and we have another daughter who in Feb 2010 said she was reluctant to talk to the media because she’s been unfairly represented. Time is being spent by them to monitor and post on these forums. Yet a Myspace page and Facebook page setup for Bob to help get the word out, and turned over to the daughters in 2009 both sit out there on the internet with not a single update on them. Why?

TY Angelo. What is confusing, is if she did hear him say he was going between 11 and 12, what caused the delay in the SIL going to the store later? 2.5-3.5 hours later? and what occured during those 2.5-3.5 hours.

For the most part, Fontelle's days are quiet. Her eyes are bad, so she can't drive. One of Bob's former neighbors is helping her, bringing her food or taking her shopping. There are days when the desire to return to her own family makes her ache, but she resists leaving.

"I want to find out who did this to him," she says. "I want whatever is left of him to take home."

BBM
Are these neighbors helping her because she is destitute? Is this why she is staying in Bob's house and can't go back to MO where her family is? I read on one of the previous posts that she was living in an old trailer on her sons property. Maybe her son thinks this is a better place for his mother and is convincing her to stay against her wishes.

It's very easy to read between the lines in this case. But let's not forget where the majority of the lines came from.

NO one knows the true nature of the discussion that took place between Bob and his daughters the night before he went missing - except Bob and his daughters. According to the daughters, they were upset that Bob didn't have copies of their mother's will, as promised. IIRC, that was their purpose in going to see him that night. Whether he told them of his intention to include Fontelle in the estate and whether they were upset about it is speculation, IMO. And if that's what LE told Fontelle (IF), the information came from the daughters. If that was something Bob had told Fontelle, it would have been her relating it to LE. In that case, it would have been heresay, and there would have been no reason for the daughters to disclose the discussion the night before had been heated. It would have been the word of 3 (or more) people who were THERE against the word of one, 2000 miles away, who would have heard it from someone else.

That's what keeps hanging me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member