CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TY Angelo. What is confusing, is if she did hear him say he was going between 11 and 12, what caused the delay in the SIL going to the store later? 2.5-3.5 hours later? and what occured during those 2.5-3.5 hours.

There are several ways to look at this phonecall.

One, is that it never happened and the daughter was trying to back up the SIL's story. An alibi, so to speak.

When the daughter posted about the phonecall on the IS forum she wrote DID, the caps were hers...

"Then I realized that my BIL was there and I DID hear him say he was going to the "hardware store". My dad responded to him in a favorable way."

Another way to look at the phonecall is that it did happen and something happened to delay the SIL from leaving.

It bothers me that the different times were coming from family members. If there was a delay surely the daughters would have then corrected the timeline.

The time was important.

Driving time between Mr. Harrod's house and each daughter's house. I am not posting their addresses.

Daughter - P
38 mins; 1 hour 10 mins in traffic

Daughter -R
26 mins; 45 mins in traffic

Daughter - J
1 hour 20 mins; up to 2 hours in traffic

We are to believe that three daughters coming from three different directions all go to their father's house to pick up a copy of a will.

It's very easy to read between the lines in this case. But let's not forget where the majority of the lines came from.

NO one knows the true nature of the discussion that took place between Bob and his daughters the night before he went missing - except Bob and his daughters. According to the daughters, they were upset that Bob didn't have copies of their mother's will, as promised. IIRC, that was their purpose in going to see him that night. Whether he told them of his intention to include Fontelle in the estate and whether they were upset about it is speculation, IMO. And if that's what LE told Fontelle (IF), the information came from the daughters. If that was something Bob had told Fontelle, it would have been her relating it to LE. In that case, it would have been heresay, and there would have been no reason for the daughters to disclose the discussion the night before had been heated. It would have been the word of 3 (or more) people who were THERE against the word of one, 2000 miles away, who would have heard it from someone else.

That's what keeps hanging me up.

Fontelle likely relayed what she heard from Bob, just as the daughters relayed what they heard from Bob. JMO

It bothers me that the different times were coming from family members. If there was a delay surely the daughters would have then corrected the timeline.

The time was important.

Me too. If there was some delay or something why can't the family clear up the time line? I won't even comment on how mortified I'd be if my behavior towards my fathers wife was anything like what we've read about how Fontelle is being treated. I wasn't raised that way. I watched my father spent 10-15 years with his step mother after his father passed away, and I would only wish to emulate that behavior. Their mothers estate is one thing, but Bobs assets were rightfully his...... and to demand what his legal wife is or is not entitled to of HIS -not their mothers assets is appalling.

JMO

Driving time between Mr. Harrod's house and each daughter's house. I am not posting their addresses.

Daughter - P
38 mins; 1 hour 10 mins in traffic

Daughter -R
26 mins; 45 mins in traffic

Daughter - J
1 hour 20 mins; up to 2 hours in traffic

We are to believe that three daughters coming from three different directions all go to their father's house to pick up a copy of a will.

If it was a FAMILY meeting..What's wrong with all the daughters coming together. If the daughter that had to drive the furthest didn't mind..just to get the family in order...I don't see this as a problem.

PS. It also goes to show that Bob was being stubborn about giving his daughters what was rightfully theirs and maybe the three of them together could make him understand what he was doing was wrong..

This is neither here nor there but didn't their mother give them copies of this information before she died? What if Bob had passed away before she did? Why was Bob the only person with this information? It seems really strange that if Mom went to all this effort why did no one other than Bob have access to or copies of this information? Especially if they both had what amounted to substantial estates?

How do we really know the Sunday night meeting was really about their moms estate? Hadn't she already been gone close to 2 years when this meeting took place? Isn't two years a long time to resolve something like this if she had a legal will?

How do we know this Sunday night meeting wasn't about three adult children upset with their father including his new wife in his estate?

JMO

This is neither here nor there but didn't their mother give them copies of this information before she died? What if Bob had passed away before she did? Why was Bob the only person with this information? It seems really strange that if Mom went to all this effort why did no one other than Bob have access to or copies of this information? Especially if they both had what amounted to substantial estates?

How do we really know the Sunday night meeting was really about their moms estate? Hadn't she already been gone close to 2 years when this meeting took place? Isn't two years a long time to resolve something like this if she had a legal will?

How do we know this Sunday night meeting wasn't about three adult children upset with their father including his new wife in his estate?

JMO

No, from what I understand he was the conservator after she passed away. he had all the paperwork and kept telling the daughters he couldnt find the paperwork. They finally came together to ask him for the copies.
In California it is against the law for a conservator to keep these papers from the persons named in the trust. All the daughters wanted was what they were entitled too..Their mothers trust. They did not care about their fathers $$. There would have been only 2 other people who could have cared for Bob's money and that was the hairdresser and Fontelle. I think Fontelle was happy that she had found her long, lost love and extra happy that he could take care of her for the rest of her life in a way she was not accustomed to and the hairdresser who saw him as a meal ticket. So, again..What could have happened to Bob because in no way did his daughters have anything to do with his disappearance IMO and I hope Fontelle's family didn't either.

JMO

I'm no expert on family trusts and such, but IIRC, their mother's will was a part of their family trust, over which Bob was the executor - or whatever they're called. Their mother had been gone about a year as I recall.

Let's not forget that Bob had asked the daughters to leave him alone six months prior to that meeting. Or so they say.

The information that the daughters were upset by whatever occurred that night before came FROM THE DAUGHTERS. Why would they ever even mention that if they had something to hide?

So sad that $$$$$$ brings out the very worst in people. All sorts of people and for all sorts of reasons.

Let’s think about this for a moment.

The 3 daughters, who live in 3 different towns, went to Bob’s house Sunday, July 26, 2009. They didn’t go to help Bob prepare the house for Fontelle’s arrival, or to celebrate that he was happy again. According to police, they argued about money. According to Fontelle, Bob told her the daughters became upset when he told them he planned to include Fontelle in the estate.

The daughters left and I believe it was not on good terms. That Sunday evening, Bob spoke to Fontelle in MO by phone. Most likely, he told her exactly what happened with his daughters that day, and what he thought about that.

The next day, the SIL was at the house between ~9:30AM and ~6PM. At ~2:40PM he leaves to go to Home Depot, arriving back at ~3:30PM. The housekeeper had a scheduled appointment for most likely 3PM, as agreed to with Bob that morning when he spoke to her and told her to come. Bob was having her clean the house because Fontelle was due to arrive back in 2 days. Bob was expecting the housekeeper and I do not think he would have willingly left the house if she was due to arrive in just 20 min. If we accept that timeline, someone other than the SIL was able to get Bob out of the house in 20 minutes, between 2:40PM and 3PM. And we have to accept that the oldest daughter somehow mistakenly put on Bob’s missing report and posted on a forum ~2 weeks later that between 11AM and 12:00 Noon she heard her BIL say he was going to the hardware store while speaking to Bob on the phone.

Fontelle arrived at Bob’s house in CA from MO that Wed. Bob’s 2 daughters and the media were there (3rd daughter had left and gone to nephew‘s house by that time). Then the investigator from Social Services who had been contacted by Bob’s family (for the 2nd time in ~3 months), showed up to do an investigation. Most likely the daughters contacted social services regarding Bob giving his money to the hairdresser and perhaps after they found out Bob married Fontelle (daughter posted they weren‘t told about the marriage for a few days).

The daughters and Fontelle then spoke to the investigator from Social Services. I’ll bet Fontelle got an earful from the daughters and was probably confused and scared. According to one article, that Wed evening, Detective Loomis spoke to Fontelle at length. Fontelle most likely told Loomis in more detail what Bob told her Sunday evening about the argument with the daughters.

The daughters most likely expected Fontelle would go back to MO in a few days, and probably urged her to do so. Fontelle said several days after Bob went missing his daughters came to the house and told Fontelle she wasn’t entitled to any of their father’s assets. Instead of leaving, Fontelle remained in Bob’s house and changed the locks. Why? Because the man that she loved and had just married went missing. Because she probably detected that something was not right with the situation. Because Bob needed an advocate looking out for him.

Since then, we had two of the daughters belittling their father on a forum, one daughter and the SIL in Oct 2009 who would not comment for a story on their father, and we have another daughter who in Feb 2010 said she was reluctant to talk to the media because she’s been unfairly represented. Time is being spent by them to monitor and post on these forums. Yet a Myspace page and Facebook page setup for Bob to help get the word out, and turned over to the daughters in 2009 both sit out there on the internet with not a single update on them. Why?

BBM

Exactly!

I'm no expert on family trusts and such, but IIRC, their mother's will was a part of their family trust, over which Bob was the executor - or whatever they're called. Their mother had been gone about a year as I recall.

Let's not forget that Bob had asked the daughters to leave him alone six months prior to that meeting. Or so they say.

The information that the daughters were upset by whatever occurred that night before came FROM THE DAUGHTERS. Why would they ever even mention that if they had something to hide?

So sad that $$$$$$ brings out the very worst in people. All sorts of people and for all sorts of reasons.

Most likely, Mr. Harrod told Fontelle what happened during that Sunday meeting and Fontelle told the police. The police then asked the daughters about the meeting.

Daughter P posted on 8/11/2009~~~~ "There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms."

I find it interesting that the daughter felt the need to post, "there were NO threats."

Fontelle likely relayed what she heard from Bob, just as the daughters relayed what they heard from Bob. JMO

Me too. If there was some delay or something why can't the family clear up the time line? I won't even comment on how mortified I'd be if my behavior towards my fathers wife was anything like what we've read about how Fontelle is being treated. I wasn't raised that way. I watched my father spent 10-15 years with his step mother after his father passed away, and I would only wish to emulate that behavior. Their mothers estate is one thing, but Bobs assets were rightfully his...... and to demand what his legal wife is or is not entitled to of HIS -not their mothers assets is appalling.

JMO

I feel the same way. The disrespect shown to both Mr. Harrod and Fontelle bothers me. They just wanted to be together for whatever time they had left.

There are several ways to look at this phonecall.

One, is that it never happened and the daughter was trying to back up the SIL's story. An alibi, so to speak.

When the daughter posted about the phonecall on the IS forum she wrote DID, the caps were hers...

"Then I realized that my BIL was there and I DID hear him say he was going to the "hardware store". My dad responded to him in a favorable way."

Another way to look at the phonecall is that it did happen and something happened to delay the SIL from leaving.

The time was important.

I agree the timeline is muddy. But if the family harmed Bob, don't you believe they would have had that nailed down to the minute?

How many minutes of your days could you account for if asked? Most people, going about their lives, don't really pay attention. Unless they have murdered someone. Then, they would probably have it down 100%. Or at least what they wanted people to believe! I see no evidence of that here.

BBM
Are these neighbors helping her because she is destitute? Is this why she is staying in Bob's house and can't go back to MO where her family is? I read on one of the previous posts that she was living in an old trailer on her sons property. Maybe her son thinks this is a better place for his mother and is convincing her to stay against her wishes.

Where did this information come from? Can you advise who posted that?

[snipped]

JMO

This seems much more likely to me.

BBM
Are these neighbors helping her because she is destitute? Is this why she is staying in Bob's house and can't go back to MO where her family is? I read on one of the previous posts that she was living in an old trailer on her sons property. Maybe her son thinks this is a better place for his mother and is convincing her to stay against her wishes.

You use the words "old trailer." I noticed Mr. Harrod's daughters have done the same. Is it to demean Fontelle? Make it appear as if she did not have much?

I believe Fontelle lived in a mobile home which was on her son's property. Is there anything wrong with that? Have you seen it? Mobile homes are quite nice.

But aren't these the same three daughters who have requested their fathers wife leave the marital home and have told her she is not entitled to any of Bobs estate/assets? That imo is far more than just being interested in their mothers estate.

The other thing that is odd imo, this battle with Bobs daughters had been ongoing for some time. I thought the dog passed away 1 year prior to Bobs remarriage and his wife 2 years prior to his remarriage. (Unless I got that mixed up and they should be reversed_. This 'battle' was going on for sometime but suddenly became a much more urgent matter when he remarried?

Why didn't they resolve this long before Bob and Fontelle were reacquanted? Why was the marriage the apparent cause for the urgency here?

Another question. And this might help find some answers.
1)How much of the court documents and 'battle' over their moms estate was online prior to Bob being reacquanted with Fontelle, and were fontelles' family members computers ever checked to see if they researched any of his court docs? Of the three possibles Bobs children, HairDresser and Fontelle, Fontelle is at the bottom of my list right now. Especially because of the timing of the meeting and Bobs disappearance. Was Fontelle aware this Sunday evening meeting was to take place before Bob (likely) discussed it with her later Sunday evening? Too much planning imo for Fontelle to have preplanned this from thousands of miles away AND in less than 24 hours after this heated family meeting took place.

JMO

You use the words "old trailer." I noticed Mr. Harrod's daughters have done the same. Is it to demean Fontelle? Make it appear as if she did not have much?

I believe Fontelle lived in a mobile home which was on her son's property. Is there anything wrong with that? Have you seen it? Mobile homes are quite nice.

I do not recall seeing it referred to as a mobile home or an "old" trailer. I do seem to recall it was a trailer. Can't speak to the condition of it.

Do you have a link defining it as a "mobile home?'

But aren't these the same three daughters who have requested their fathers wife leave the marital home and have told her she is not entitled to any of Bobs estate/assets? That imo is far more than just being interested in their mothers estate.

The other thing that is odd imo, this battle with Bobs daughters had been ongoing for some time. I thought the dog passed away 1 year prior to Bobs remarriage and his wife 2 years prior to his remarriage. (Unless I got that mixed up and they should be reversed_. This 'battle' was going on for sometime but suddenly became a much more urgent matter when he remarried?

Why didn't they resolve this long before Bob and Fontelle were reacquanted? Why was the marriage the apparent cause for the urgency here?

1)How much of the court documents and 'battle' over their moms estate was online prior to Bob being reacquanted with Fontelle, and were fontelles' family members computers ever checked to see if they researched any of his court docs? Of the three possibles Bobs children, HairDresser and Fontelle, Fontelle is at the bottom of my list right now. Especially because of the timing of the meeting and Bobs disappearance. Was Fontelle aware this Sunday evening meeting was to take place before Bob (likely) discussed it with her later Sunday evening? Too much planning imo for Fontelle to have preplanned this from thousands of miles away AND in less than 24 hours after this heated family meeting took place.

JMO

I believe Georgia Harrod passed away in March 2008. The dog, (Sassy?) was put to sleep about a year later in 2009.

I don't believe there was any real battle going on before Mr. Harrod married Fontelle. Most of the court filings which are online took place after Mr. Harrod went missing.

I do not recall seeing it referred to as a mobile home or an "old" trailer. I do seem to recall it was a trailer. Can't speak to the condition of it.

Actually, Mr. Harrod's daughters referred to it as a mobile home when they first began posting on IS after Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

I don't believe they had any idea they would be losing their father at that time. Surely the family trust had provisions that would have named an executor in the event of Bob's death. I doubt very much that would have been Fontelle at the point Bob went missing.

Yes, why didn't they resolve it before Fontelle came into the picture? That's a great question.

JMO

None of the legal wranglings came up until after Bob went missing and Fontelle was in the home. It all came up afterwards.

Sorry ya'll, but at this point, Fontelle is the ONLY one who has benefitted from Bob going "missing." I just have a difficult time seeing past that fact.

BBM

Dolly used the word "old trailer."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member