Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I assumed that was the reason he kidnapped and murdered Melissa. But your comment has me second-guessing that. Given the PCA was sealed so quickly, we may be surprised at what's revealed Monday. Regardless, it's going to be very difficult for her family and those who loved Melissa.
I've literally never heard of a case like this where rape wasn't involved. Since they upgraded it to 1st degree murder, I'm kinda wondering if they're just waiting to add more charges.

Taken from one place to another could literally just be from the hallway into his apartment, or something like that, right? Not saying that's what happened, but in terms of kidnaping it doesn't necessarily mean someone was taken into the woods, or to another town, etc.

Imo
I still feel pretty strongly he lured her into his apartment, which I believe was 2 doors down, and was ready to attack. It just makes sense. But, he's a monster and a psychopath so maybe I'm getting it wrong. I also think he raped her in one way or another, as I've simply never in my life heard of a case like this without rape - or attempted rape.

Maybe he sexually assaulted her after she was dead? Horrible I know, but he is horrible.
He was charged with second degree abuse of a corpse. If she was sexually assaulted after death, he would have (or should have) been charged with first degree. MOO

A person commits the crime of abuse of corpse in the first degree if the person:
(a) Engages in sexual activity with a corpse or involving a corpse; or
(b) Dismembers, mutilates, cuts or strikes a corpse.

A person commits the crime of abuse of corpse in the second degree if, except as otherwise authorized by law, the person intentionally:
(a) Abuses a corpse; or
(b) Disinters, removes or carries away a corpse.

Just catching up with everything! It's hard to explain distance in this building, since it is HUGE. Can I post pictures of the hallway, distance between units, the parking lot? I just don't want to get in trouble for posting things that I can't.

Lighting in parking garage - 5th floor is open to the elements. 4th floor gets light from 5th floor. The lower you go, the darker it is, but there is lighting. One does need to drive with their headlights on.

Looks like everybody is getting back into the routine of things, but when men see me alone with my dog, they make sure to keep their distance (I think to be respectful and not come across as creeps). We do have an outside security patrol, called Signal. They also patrol the garage at night in their car.

Yes, according to the leasing office, people have been calling to get out of their lease. I stop by every day (my dog knows that they have treats, so I really have no say in the matter) and when I was in there, they were getting calls from residents wanting to break their lease.
Welcome back, Mac. I heard from another local he lived 2 doors down from her. Do you know if that's true? Did you ever see Bryce around? He'd be hard to miss with his height and blond hair. He strikes me as a bodybuilder kinda dude? Not like full on, but that he lifted weights. Hopefully management will be able to reassure everyone their space is safe, and get more lighting in the garage - sheesh! I don't think anything went down in the garage, but give folks some peace of mind with good lighting.

In the morning? Change of shifts? I assume so. Example: our school is 3.5 miles from my house. It is 10 minutes the fastest without the traffic, and in the drop off/pickup times about 20-25 min minimum. It depends on the time, the roads, the speed limits and the amount of people driving at the same direction in the same time. Plus, parking.
I live about 2 minutes from her work place and my local Costco and my doctors office are right by her apartment complex. I actually drove past the memorial for her outside the apartment building today. If there was zero traffic and I hit all green lights I could make the drive in 10 minutes. With any traffic or red lights it could easily take 15-25. Plus she would need to park at work and walk to her actual work station, put her lunch in the lunch room, and clock-in. I happen to live right next to the hospital that she worked at, but work at a different hospital myself.

Welcome back, Mac. I heard from another local he lived 2 doors down from her. Do you know if that's true? Did you ever see Bryce around? He'd be hard to miss with his height and blond hair. He strikes me as a bodybuilder kinda dude? Not like full on, but that he lifted weights. Hopefully management will be able to reassure everyone their space is safe, and get more lighting in the garage - sheesh! I don't think anything went down in the garage, but give folks some peace of mind with good lighting.
I posted a floor plan as to where both lived in this post (kitty-corner of each other):

Maybe he sexually assaulted her after she was dead? Horrible I know, but he is horrible.
I was afraid of posting it. Theoretically, not, but the whole situation is so nauseating, that who knows?
I just hope they prove it all and that he left enough breadcrumbs.

Oregon and several other states mandated no mug shots. It was a decision with out a vote from Oregonians. The Gov decided that unfortunately.
I'm way behind on this thread- just learned of it while I was in Oregon last week. Actually they do publish mug shots when they are convicted and in the prison system. My cousin's murderer was recently sent and there is a mug shot of him in the Oregon Offender Search.

Last edited:
I'm way behind on this thread- just learned of it while I was in Oregon last week. Actually they do publish mug shots when they are convicted and in the prison system. My cousin's murdered was recently sent and there is a mug shot of him in the Oregon Offender Search.
Vinelink?

I'm way behind on this thread- just learned of it while I was in Oregon last week. Actually they do publish mug shots when they are convicted and in the prison system. My cousin's murdered was recently sent and there is a mug shot of him in the Oregon Offender Search.
Here's a link to the Oregon Offender Search, as mentioned above, for folks that are interested.

<modsnip - quoted post was snipped> He had/has a girlfriend...and an attractive one at that!

I'm a guy. I will say that tales of a long distance BF are not always convincing. I'm not defending him, just saying that if she kept the apartment for job convenience her BF may not have been there much if at all. This could have given him hope if he had an infatuation. He could have snapped when she showed up with a wedding ring!
This case also reminds me of the murder of Annie Le, who was murdered out of jealousy when she was about to be married.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back