CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know that the SIL was the last to see Bob..But in your post #20 you insinuated that the grandson could have some way gotten hurt because of family dynamics and for us to consider that possibility is what I said..

Your post respectably snipped:

Emotions were clearly running high when Bob went missing, not only about how Bob was spending his money but perhaps a perceived slight of their son (Bob‘s grandson), who was apparently very close to Bob. A person who typically keeps feelings inside, is helpful, and non-confrontational may have exploded after a buildup of events over many months, say if a perceived harsh comment was made the morning after an argument with the daughters about finances the previous evening.

Just something to consider…

Ofcourse I cannot speak for Cloudajo, but I took that as perhaps the parents might have been resentful if they felt their son was slighted somehow by the grandfather. Sort of like lions protecting their cub...?

I've heard this too but still do not understand how a sociopath can pass a lie detector test. Do they convince themselves that they are telling the truth? In the same token, does that mean that an innocent nervous person could also fail? It seems hardly worth the effort for false readings either way. So much for that theory.

I found this explanation of a sociopathic personality...interesting.
http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

Profile of the Sociopath
This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

I will answer any and all questions I can. The only ones I can not answer are if I have promised not to say or do not know.

snipped:
8. I do not know R or P. I only know J. I have tried repeatedly and left messages over the past year. I have never heard back from her.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have more, don't be afraid to ask.

Re: 8, As a reason not to return calls, once Fontelle hired her attorney to fight for Bob's estate, I wonder if J might be aware of how close you are to Fontelle. Could that wedge between them have been in place by then?

9 Is Bob's grandson still living at home with his parents? I thought he was older and had grown children.

I've got things to do so will have to check back later. Thank you.

Did anyone ever contact the media to see if they would do an anniversary story on Bobs case? Even if a short story to get this back in the media?

tia

I did..I contacted Adam Townsend. He did the first stories about Bob. He no longer reports on Placentia and was going to forward my email to Jessica Terrell the reporter who now reports on Placentia news. I think, if I'm correct, CAExile mentioned he heard a follow up story was in the works..But I haven't heard anything.

PS. These were both reporters that did such a wonderful story on my Dad that I posted in the News that makes you smile. Wish they could come up with some good news on Bob!

Did anyone ever contact the media to see if they would do an anniversary story on Bobs case? Even if a short story to get this back in the media?

tia

I did also.

Oc Reg. is doing one.

LA Times did not reply back.

9. Yes, the grandson has his own family and lives near Bob's house.

Unfortunately, I know about sociopaths. My mother was with one for twenty-three years until he died. Then we found out about his other "lives". He was really good. We had no idea.

And I have read it. So sad. I fear you are correct in so many things you posted there.

Whoever is responsible for Bob's death...YOU WILL BE CAUGHT. Might as well give it up now.

This is a public forum. We are free to post our opinions and theories here. If you don't like it, I would ask....WHY?

Paul, that was a sweet piece you wrote on your blog. I've enjoyed your posts and am very happy you joined us.

It's the one year anniversary since Mr. Harrod disappeared, and I cant find anything on the web at all. No new stories, nothing. (Except for Paul's blog)

Very disappointing...

It's the one year anniversary since Mr. Harrod disappeared, and I cant find anything on the web at all. No new stories, nothing. (Except for Paul's blog)

Very disappointing...

I looked too. I was so hoping even a short blurb, a paragraph or two long would have made at least one media outlet letting the community know Bob is still missing.

Bob you are not forgotten. We are still hoping to bring you home.

I looked too. I was so hoping even a short blurb, a paragraph or two long would have made at least one media outlet letting the community know Bob is still missing.

Bob you are not forgotten. We are still hoping to bring you home.

I cannot find anything either! I thought for sure there would be something today.
I am going to email reporters from OC Register and ask why or when.

Bob, we have not forgotten about you. You have all of us in sleutherland and your good friend Paul who are waiting for answers! No matter who threatens us, we will not quit asking where you are!!!!!

BTW, your sweet doggie Sassy is a carbon copy of my Coco. What a heartbreak it was to lose her and your wife in such a short time. What a miracle it was for you to find happines so soon. I will always hang on to this thought. You were not unhappy, why would you leave?

To that "other" person. Send a pm to me K?

Whoever is responsible for Bob's death...YOU WILL BE CAUGHT. Might as well give it up now.

This is a public forum. We are free to post our opinions and theories here. If you don't like it, I would ask....WHY?

Bump. Exactly.

Very disappointing...

ITA. I'm going to put my flag out for him. This case is really bothering me tonight. You work all those years and get to that age and someone selfish decides to snuff you out. It's just not right, but unfortunately not uncommon. Fortunately crimes are being solved now at breakneck speed.

To whoever did this...did you cover up your tracks...are you sure???

Just put the flag out. It's beautiful in the wind and the rain.

Hi, all,

I spent most of the morning, yesterday, talking to Bob's daughter R. She said P is sorry for sending me that message. She was upset because she felt I was airing the dirty laundry. I explained that I was not. I was pointing out things I felt were relevant. She misses he father. She is very sensitive right now with everything going on since he disappeared. Don't be too hard on her. If I can forgive her, you should, too.

The good news is I only have two things to correct:

1. I never, ever meant to imply that Bob was supporting his children, still. I was trying to illustrate that Bob would help them out from time to time when they were in need. I do not remember or can find where I said he had been supporting them. If I did, I apologize for not being clear.

2. The city they all grew up in was Monrovia, not Pasadena. I knew that. But, most people outside of CA have never heard of Monrovia much less know where it is. I used Pasadena because it is the more well known city right next to Monrovia. Just like most people do not know where Placentia is. It is right above Anaheim. Most people know about Anaheim because of Disneyland and the baseball team.

Other than that, she was ok with what I said. As you all know I have defended the family to a certain extent. I have told you what I know and what I think of them. After talking to her, I still believe they had NOTHING to do with Bob's disappearance. Since I had not talked to them in a year, I had questions. She answered all of them. Also, from what she says, they do not believe Fontelle had anything to do with Bob's disappearance. The issues that have gone on after are unrelated to his actual disappearance. She confirmed everything I have said about J, the SIL. He is a good, kind hearted man who has had to put up with a lot from the media and speculators.

After saying that if I am proven wrong and a complete fool for believing this, then so be it. But, until someone can prove something to contradict what I believe, I will stand behind them. I may not agree with what they have posted about Bob in the other site, the IS. But, that does not mean it is true or false. I do not know. I met Bob in 2002. Before that, I have no idea. I only know the good man I knew from 2002 until he disappeared in 2009.

To anyone who is associated with this case that is reading this site:

I am not on anybody's "side". I have talked to Fontelle because she will talk to me. I like her and think she is a good person. I have talked to R because she contacted me. I also like her and think she is a good person. If I have to choose a side, I am on Bob's side. I want to know what happened to my friend. I feel those responsible will pay. If not in this life, in the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic