CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all,

snipped
If I have to choose a side, I am on Bob's side. I want to know what happened to my friend. I feel those responsible will pay. .

I agree, we should all be on Bob's side.
This is all about him and solving his disappearance.
Objectivity is what solves crimes.
Those responsible will pay "If not in this life, in the next"

I hope your friend, the father and husband, is found safe somewhere.

Hi, all,

I . If I have to choose a side, I am on Bob's side. I want to know what happened to my friend. I feel those responsible will pay. If not in this life, in the next.[/QUOTE]

Hear, Hear. Thank you for your input.

I agree, we should all be on Bob's side.
This is all about him and solving his disappearance.
Objectivity is what solves crimes.
Those responsible will pay "If not in this life, in the next"

I hope your friend, the father and husband, is found safe somewhere.

Agree........Objectivity is what solves crimes.

Mr. Harrod deserves to be found. Unless he is being held captive somewhere, which I highly doubt, I do not believe he will be found alive.

Hi, all,

I spent most of the morning, yesterday, talking to Bob's daughter R. She said P is sorry for sending me that message. She was upset because she felt I was airing the dirty laundry. I explained that I was not. I was pointing out things I felt were relevant. She misses he father. She is very sensitive right now with everything going on since he disappeared. Don't be too hard on her. If I can forgive her, you should, too.

The good news is I only have two things to correct:

1. I never, ever meant to imply that Bob was supporting his children, still. I was trying to illustrate that Bob would help them out from time to time when they were in need. I do not remember or can find where I said he had been supporting them. If I did, I apologize for not being clear.

2. The city they all grew up in was Monrovia, not Pasadena. I knew that. But, most people outside of CA have never heard of Monrovia much less know where it is. I used Pasadena because it is the more well known city right next to Monrovia. Just like most people do not know where Placentia is. It is right above Anaheim. Most people know about Anaheim because of Disneyland and the baseball team.

Other than that, she was ok with what I said. As you all know I have defended the family to a certain extent. I have told you what I know and what I think of them. After talking to her, I still believe they had NOTHING to do with Bob's disappearance. Since I had not talked to them in a year, I had questions. She answered all of them. Also, from what she says, they do not believe Fontelle had anything to do with Bob's disappearance. The issues that have gone on after are unrelated to his actual disappearance. She confirmed everything I have said about J, the SIL. He is a good, kind hearted man who has had to put up with a lot from the media and speculators.

After saying that if I am proven wrong and a complete fool for believing this, then so be it. But, until someone can prove something to contradict what I believe, I will stand behind them. I may not agree with what they have posted about Bob in the other site, the IS. But, that does not mean it is true or false. I do not know. I met Bob in 2002. Before that, I have no idea. I only know the good man I knew from 2002 until he disappeared in 2009.

To anyone who is associated with this case that is reading this site:

I am not on anybody's "side". I have talked to Fontelle because she will talk to me. I like her and think she is a good person. I have talked to R because she contacted me. I also like her and think she is a good person. If I have to choose a side, I am on Bob's side. I want to know what happened to my friend. I feel those responsible will pay. If not in this life, in the next.

Paul,

Do you know who Diamond Lil is? The person that commented on your blog?

I have replied to the comments on my blog. Most of which were questions I could not answer about Fontelle and Bob's daughters.

So, just for the sake of argument, let's take the family and Fontelle off the table. Is the hairdresser still a possibility? LE says no one has been cleared, right?

What other possibilities might there be? Stranger? That seems unlikely to me within such a small window of time. Who else would want to harm Bob?

So, just for the sake of argument, let's take the family and Fontelle off the table. Is the hairdresser still a possibility? LE says no one has been cleared, right?

What other possibilities might there be? Stranger? That seems unlikely to me within such a small window of time. Who else would want to harm Bob?

Hairdresser.
She was my pick from the first.
And LE was very clear, no one has been cleared.

When I first read everything, I thought, hmm, she has been getting money from Robert Harrod. She, as far as I know, has never paid him back.
Once he married Fontelle, perhaps she thought her ability to get money out of Robert Harrod was coming to an end. A red flag.
The flip side of that is ...
why do something to him? She would gain more if he was still around and she could possibly convince him to give her more money, for whatever reason.
But, I thought maybe she came over to the house, found him alone,
asked him to go out with her, maybe to talk or a bite to eat
and then ....
something happened. Maybe it was not her intent to do him any harm.

I do remember that her husband has a construction business or owns excavation equipment. Sorry, wish I could remember the exact details.
A red flag also.

ALL JMHO.

Hairdresser.
She was my pick from the first.
And LE was very clear, no one has been cleared.

When I first read everything, I thought, hmm, she has been getting money from Robert Harrod. She, as far as I know, has never paid him back.
Once he married Fontelle, perhaps she thought her ability to get money out of Robert Harrod was coming to an end. A red flag.

Me too!

The flip side of that is ...
why do something to him? She would gain more if he was still around and she could possibly convince him to give her more money, for whatever reason.

Me too!

But, I thought maybe she came over to the house, found him alone,
asked him to go out with her, maybe to talk or a bite to eat
and then ....
something happened. Maybe it was not her intent to do him any harm.

Like maybe they argued over money. Maybe she asked for more and Bob told her no.

I do remember that her husband has a construction business or owns excavation equipment. Sorry, wish I could remember the exact details.
A red flag also.

ALL JMHO.

Excavation - I think that's right. I agree - a red flag!

What bothers me now is that she seems to have befriended Fontelle. That gives me the creeps. Like she's going to get her hands on Bob's money one way or another. Fontelle has become her target.

I can't remember which link, but in one of the articles LE stated they have ruled out foul play by way of a stranger o abduction by a stranger. I can't recall the exact wording but a stranger has been officially ruled out by LE.

hairdresser makes sense. Especially if her DH has some kind of excavation company.

What really doesn't make sense is both Fontelle and the Daughters even publically mentioning the money issues if they were involved. If any of the 5 of them (Fontelle, SIL and Daughters) were involved why make that so open and pretty transparent?

Is it possible the hairdresser had Bob sign something over to her, or add her to his will or something legal without their knowledge?

Is it possible she did something with him with the hopes that because of his age AND his assests he would be declared dead before 5 years? I know there are cases a court will make decisions outside of the 5 years, especially in cases were a large amount of money is concerned.

My bet is on the hairdresser too.

hairdresser makes sense. Especially if her DH has some kind of excavation company.

What really doesn't make sense is both Fontelle and the Daughters even publically mentioning the money issues if they were involved. If any of the 5 of them (Fontelle, SIL and Daughters) were involved why make that so open and pretty transparent?

Is it possible the hairdresser had Bob sign something over to her, or add her to his will or something legal without their knowledge?

Is it possible she did something with him with the hopes that because of his age AND his assests he would be declared dead before 5 years? I know there are cases a court will make decisions outside of the 5 years, especially in cases were a large amount of money is concerned.

Yeah - I remember thinking excavation = backhoe = burying.

I agree about the daughters and Fontelle fighting so openly for the assets. It makes them all look greedy and guilty, IMO.

I've asked before, if the daughters had anything to do with their father's disappearance, why would they be bad-mouthing him on the Internet? That's like, the opposite of what I would expect.

I have always thought it was possible Bob had added the hairdresser to his will and she knew it. BUT, his being "missing" and not technically "deceased" doesn't help her or anyone else we know about. So, I'm not sure how any of them expected to benefit any time soon.

I don't think any of Bob's daughters or the sil or Fontelle had anything to do with his disappearance.
I think it's the right direction to think that the hairdresser thought her hold on Bob, whatever it was, would override his new dedication to his wife, Fontelle. Perhaps he had said he would give her a lump sum of money and then decided against it.?

It is rare that anyone can be declared legally dead before a certain number of years.

(i worked on a missing man's case out of az, and it was almost certain he had been murdered by drug runners from Mexico, but they would not declare him dead.)

I can't remember which link, but in one of the articles LE stated they have ruled out foul play by way of a stranger o abduction by a stranger. I can't recall the exact wording but a stranger has been officially ruled out by LE.
From what I've read about Bob's disappearance, I'm not seeing it being a stranger either. Too coincidental he vanishes within a short window of opportunity and what would be a stranger's motive? IMO, it has to be someone he knew who either has something to gain by him being gone, or someone who didn't want him to be with Fontelle, or both. :( MOO

From what I've read about Bob's disappearance, I'm not seeing it being a stranger either. Too coincidental he vanishes within a short window of opportunity and what would be a stranger's motive? IMO, it has to be someone he knew who either has something to gain by him being gone, or someone who didn't want him to be with Fontelle, or both. :( MOO

Agree....A very, very small window of opportunity.

Someone would had to have been watching the house or known in advance that the SIL was going out and the housekeeper was not arriving for twenty minutes.

I found her to be unstable when I met her. I did not like her from the start. Bob and I had a discussion about her. I gave him my opinion. He apparently did not agree. I have heard he was still "loaning" her money as late as July 2. This was after Bob and Fontelle were married.

Motive: With Bob getting married, Fontelle would probably not allow him to "loan" her any more money.

Opportunity: Her shop is very close to Bob's house. All she had to do was drive by. She could have driven by and seen SIL's truck. She knew Bob lived alone and his car was in the garage. Drove by again, or had someone drive by, saw SIL's truck gone. That means either he is alone or he went with SIL. Either way, knocks on the door. Lures Bob out saying she needs him to look at something at the shop. They would be back in just a minutes. Bob grabs his keys, locks the door, and goes with her. Or, Bob is forced in the car with her or whoever is her associate. Bob disappears. House cleaner shows up a 3 and no one is home.

Means: Husband has construction equipment. Riverside county is one big desert.

Now, this could all be fantasy. I have no proof, whatsoever. This is my opinion. I did not even know she was married until after Bob vanished, much less what he husband did. Bob and I only discussed her that one time. Otherwise, I was not interested. I thought she was divorced since she was over at the house so much. I only knew she had a son because I saw him go over to Bob's house once. I do not know where they live.

I do not buy the stranger bit either. That is a little too random and far fetched.

I found her to be unstable when I met her. I did not like her from the start. Bob and I had a discussion about her. I gave him my opinion. He apparently did not agree. I have heard he was still "loaning" her money as late as July 2. This was after Bob and Fontelle were married.

Motive: With Bob getting married, Fontelle would probably not allow him to "loan" her any more money.

Opportunity: Her shop is very close to Bob's house. All she had to do was drive by. She could have driven by and seen SIL's truck. She knew Bob lived alone and his car was in the garage. Drove by again, or had someone drive by, saw SIL's truck gone. That means either he is alone or he went with SIL. Either way, knocks on the door. Lures Bob out saying she needs him to look at something at the shop. They would be back in just a minutes. Bob grabs his keys, locks the door, and goes with her. Or, Bob is forced in the car with her or whoever is her associate. Bob disappears. House cleaner shows up a 3 and no one is home.

Now, this could all be fantasy. I have no proof, whatsoever. This is my opinion. I did not even know she was married until after Bob vanished, much less what he husband did. Bob and I only discussed her that one time. Otherwise, I was not interested. I thought she was divorced since she was over at the house so much. I only knew she had a son because I saw him go over to Bob's house once. I do not know where they live.

I do not buy the stranger bit either. That is a little too random and far fetched.

My initial impression was to suspect the hairdresser but now finding out that her husband has access to construction and possibly excavation equipment makes my white hair stand on end.

What about Fontelle's safety? Hasn't it been said that they are now friends. Oh boy! What a twist to the already strange story. I hope Fontelle has her eyes wide open. That frightens me for her.

And what about Bob too? Would neighbors have even noticed a vehicle that was at his house regularly? They could have seen it at his house at any time and not had a second thought. It could have showed up that day and not appeared sinister for that reason. OMG!!!

That gives the chills.

As far as witnesses go, all you have to do is make sure no one is out walking or working in the yard or whatever. One a Monday, between noon and 3 most people were at work. It was a hot day in the middle of the day. There was probably no one out. Just drive down the street a couple of times and make sure no one is out. People out there tend to be very private and mind their own business. It's the culture. Most people do not even know their neighbors. I moved to there from the South and found that strange. But, almost everyone out there is like that.

I have told Fontelle how I feel about her. She has to make her own decision. I, too, worry about her, but there is nothing more I can do.

BBM
Could you tell about how old the son was?

As far as witnesses go, all you have to do is make sure no one is out walking or working in the yard or whatever. One a Monday, between noon and 3 most people were at work. It was a hot day in the middle of the day. There was probably no one out. Just drive down the street a couple of times and make sure no one is out. People out there tend to be very private and mind their own business. It's the culture. Most people do not even know their neighbors. I moved to there from the South and found that strange. But, almost everyone out there is like that.

I have told Fontelle how I feel about her. She has to make her own decision. I, too, worry about her, but there is nothing more I can do.

If anything I could be accused of stalking a street because I go by Bob's house just to say " Hi, Bob I miss you" once a week ..But you are right CAExile..I never see anyone out in their yards. It's almost like a ghost town for the beautiful neightborhood that it is. And it's so funny because there is a neighborhood park just around the corner and not a person in sight. Strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic