CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my understanding that there was an extremely heated exchange that occurred between a duly elected representative of Mrs Harrod and, yet again, one of Bob's children. Expletives were thrown loud enough for witnesses to hear. Yet again.

I guess the adage "you get more flies with honey" does not apply with these women.

There was also a single daughter present, again, doing all of the heavy lifting for the other family members. At this point I have to wonder what role everyone is playing and is this daughter the most reliable or the lackey for the others? I am willing to admit that I have probably had this the wrong way round for quite some time. I was of the opinion that the daughter showing the strongest, most ascerbic personality was probably running the show. I am now wondering if in fact, there are others who have her doing all of the dirty work so to speak. I mean, even if she is cleaning out this home, who has the most listed on the memorabilia sheet?

Just wonderin.

Yes, it was the Honda Ridgeline pickup truck that SIL was driving.

Why not-it has already been processed. Curious that this convenient vehicle would not be used to move out the possessions they were given by Mrs. Harrod.

August 2, 2009
"Those who know Bob well cannot fathom him ever getting cold feet over Fontelle as he was absolutely elated and giddy about her return and their future together."

August 4, 2009
"My heart is breaking for Fontelle -- she's such sweet and sincere lady. I wish they would have found each other a year ago. "

August 6, 2009
"Fontelle seems to be such a sincere and heartbroken lady but, when we all think about it we really do not know her all that well and Dad never met any of her family either. Honestly, I only met Fontelle once before she left to collect her belongings, and then again the little time I spent with her and her daughter last week after they arrived on Wednesday.

Who really knows -- I guess he could have become leary that this time he bit off more than he could chew and did it too quickly. We just do not know what to think."

Do we have any word on how Fontelle Harrod is holding up?

August 2, 2009
"Those who know Bob well cannot fathom him ever getting cold feet over Fontelle as he was absolutely elated and giddy about her return and their future together."

August 4, 2009
"My heart is breaking for Fontelle -- she's such sweet and sincere lady. I wish they would have found each other a year ago. "

August 6, 2009
"Fontelle seems to be such a sincere and heartbroken lady but, when we all think about it we really do not know her all that well and Dad never met any of her family either. Honestly, I only met Fontelle once before she left to collect her belongings, and then again the little time I spent with her and her daughter last week after they arrived on Wednesday.

Who really knows -- I guess he could have become leary that this time he bit off more than he could chew and did it too quickly. We just do not know what to think."

I guess things changed in only 4 days.

Wonder what it was that caused the turnabout in only 4 days. Could it be that was the time some of the rule outs occured with possible POI's? Something caused a 180 turn about Aug 6th.

jmo

As LE does, they may have by day four, been focusing a little bit too much on family for daughter R's comfort. Is this when the deflecting and pointing their fingers at others started?

I admit I hardly ever come to this thread because it breaks my heart...I think crimes against the elderly (assuming there is a crime here...which I do or he should have been found) just overwhelm me. People who have lived their lives, working, raising families, following the rules and the laws, doing the best they can...I can't stand thinking about anything but a natural death for the elderly.

But I do think about Bob often and I know that many of you have been devoted in trying to figure out what happened to him...probably more devoted than some of his own family. :(

I admit I hardly ever come to this thread because it breaks my heart...I think crimes against the elderly (assuming there is a crime here...which I do or he should have been found) just overwhelm me. People who have lived their lives, working, raising families, following the rules and the laws, doing the best they can...I can't stand thinking about anything but a natural death for the elderly.

But I do think about Bob often and I know that many of you have been devoted in trying to figure out what happened to him...probably more devoted than some of his own family. :(

BBM

That's one of the saddest things of all about this case. :-(

Wonder what it was that caused the turnabout in only 4 days. Could it be that was the time some of the rule outs occured with possible POI's? Something caused a 180 turn about Aug 6th.

jmo

Daughter J posts on a local forum in her and hubby J's neck of the woods, ROTW. On August 4, 2009 a friend posted to daughter J:

"I didn't realize law enforcement was looking at your husband and I'm sure the added stress is unbearable. If things escalate, e-mail me at my screen name @gmail.com and I'll look for agencies that provide free or low-cost legal aid. It's unfortunate that you are dealing with harassment as well as worrying about your Father."

Agree with the above, plus IMO, they probably thought Fontelle would leave after a few days and Bob’s disappearance would be forgotten. But Fontelle wasn’t going anywhere and the media ran stories about Bob and Fontelle’s love for each other. IMO, when she realized this, she turned on Fontelle. After the August 6th post, the next day (August 7th) she and PB filed for conservatorship of the estate. It seems to be a pattern when things don’t go the way she wants them to and she can’t control the situation – those persons become the target. As shown in her postings, she did that with Bob, Fontelle, Fontelle’s family, the hairdresser, the media, and the PPD.

Believe’s post got me wondering whether she herself is also being used and manipulated behind the scenes by someone who feels most entitled and has no sense of accountability.

I mean think about it-this clean out was a pressure cooker situation. There was nothing graceful about it. There had to be a limited amount of time to get the stuff out, and a limited number of chances. It was ugly no matter how you look at it; you cannot pretend away the fact that you are stripping your father's house of everything without acknowleging that you absolutely know he is not coming back. That he is dead. On top of that, there is the moving and disposal of an enormous amount of goods. The memorabilia list was HUGE.

So, who sends a single family member to handle it all alone? I mean really-given all of the emotion that SHOULD have been felt at sifting through a lifetime of goods, given the fact that we know these people are NOT working so it isnt like they are otherwise engaged during such a critical time, who sends one person with no support to handle it all?

I think it was mean. FWIW. That is what started me thinking about who is actually pulling the strings in this family.

JMO.

I mean think about it-this clean out was a pressure cooker situation. There was nothing graceful about it. There had to be a limited amount of time to get the stuff out, and a limited number of chances. It was ugly no matter how you look at it; you cannot pretend away the fact that you are stripping your father's house of everything without acknowleging that you absolutely know he is not coming back. That he is dead. On top of that, there is the moving and disposal of an enormous amount of goods. The memorabilia list was HUGE.

So, who sends a single family member to handle it all alone? I mean really-given all of the emotion that SHOULD have been felt at sifting through a lifetime of goods, given the fact that we know these people are NOT working so it isnt like they are otherwise engaged during such a critical time, who sends one person with no support to handle it all?

I think it was mean. FWIW. That is what started me thinking about who is actually pulling the strings in this family.

JMO.

I agree, why would anyone let ONE person carry that kind of burden? Odd...

I dont believe AH was there either. The man is down the street around the corner from his grandfather's house. I guess he was expecting to have that computer delivered to him by his aunt?

SIL is of the age to have been drafted for Vietnam, likes guns IIRC and is disabled. Wonder if he was drafted and served time overseas? At least Bob would have had that in common with him as well-they would have probably bonded over that kind of service. Perhaps JM's disability is due to some kind of wound he might have received. I am still completely confused as to why he was not at the clean out with his truck-we know that he espoused himself as a handyman, at least around Bob's house. Clearly whatever disability he has is not one that prevents day labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaminMetairie