CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Very interesting and plausible opinions, IMO, of course.

How on earth could someone, anyone, live with such knowledge (if that were indeed the case)?

Robert’s son-in-law told cops that in the late morning on July 27, 2009, he had left Robert to run errands at the hardware store, and when he returned, Robert was gone.

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=67544

Michaels told police that he worked at the home then went to Home Depot about 2:40 p.m. to buy supplies. When he returned about 3:30 p.m., Bob's housekeeper was sitting on the front stoop because no one had answered the door. Michaels let himself in the back door and the housekeeper followed and cleaned.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2010985815_disappeared08.html

Great points Cubby! I would like to add the TV interview done with JuM the day after her father disappeared.

July 28, 2009
Reporter: “Julie says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”
Julie: “My dad was gone.”
Reporter: “What time?”
Julie: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

JuM has a deer in the headlights look when asked about the time. She is married to the man that went to the hardware store but "they're thinking"????

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=ac85bbd7-919c-45df-8bff-de9407f59354&src=front

Michaels wife, Bobs daughter, gives media conflicting time last seen which differs from the various times last seen given to police by her husband.

Michaels wife, Bobs daughter, gives media conflicting time last seen which differs from the various times last seen given to police by her husband.

Exactly!! He says he left for Home Depot at 2:40, and she is saying 1, maybe noon?? Once again, this makes no sense at all.

Exactly!! He says he left for Home Depot at 2:40, and she is saying 1, maybe noon?? Once again, this makes no sense at all.

Just guessing, but it looks like an attempt to widen the window of time that Bob would supposedly have been alone, and then supposedly vulnerable to an abduction by either Bob's (cleared) friend or a stranger (ruled out by PPD). I think it's another example of someone underestimating the PPD.

Here is what always got me about JeM vs JuM timeline-didnt they speak to one another? I mean we have to assume that even if Bob's other daughters did not actively question their BIL about the time Bob was last seen and what he was wearing etc...wouldnt his wife have chatted a bit with him about it? I mean really...

Interesting, AH is now listed as an interested party on the Trust Proceedings case:
case number 30-2009-0297798-PR-TR-LJC.

'bout time I would think :waitasec:

For those of you keeping track, there are two cases associated with Bob's money-the Trust Proceedings case, and the Co Conservator case, 30-2009-0291267-PR-CE-LJC

Interesting, AH is now listed as an interested party on the Trust Proceedings case:
case number 30-2009-0297798-PR-TR-LJC.

'bout time I would think :waitasec:

For those of you keeping track, there are two cases associated with Bob's money-the Trust Proceedings case, and the Co Conservator case, 30-2009-0291267-PR-CE-LJC

Wasn't it always about the money?? IMO

There has been some activity on the City Data threads that I did for Mr. Harrod so long ago:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/peop...t-merle-harrod-placentia-ca.html#post20879880

And, there have been many many hits on it since Monday September 12, for some reason.

:woohoo:

ETA: I removed the second link. I requested an Administrator look at the content since it became some what contentious. I will put it back pending the review of the Administrator at City Data.

It's always been about Bob, Dolly. That's why we're here.

believe', fantastic news on the new activity at City-data!
Thanks for all your hard work in getting the word out about Bob's 'disappearance'.

I thought it was about finding Bob? Everyone else seems to be making it about the money! IMO

Who is this 'everyone else' that you say cares only about the money? And how do you think that Bob will be found? And do you think that any of his children have taken any steps towards 'finding' him?

I know that this case sends shivers up the spine for most of us. Even if we ignore elements like 'multi-million trust fund' or 'history of issues with prospective inheritors'. Somebody's dad and protector was killed.

My impression is that Websleuths is about justice. If you have any reason to suggest that the posters here are primarily concerned about money, please support that claim with links, because, frankly, statements like that are offensive to those of us who pursue justice. And if, by 'everyone else' you're talking about players in Bob's case, well please give use details, because, as far as I know, this website isn't about taking potshots at people without evidence.

Who is this 'everyone else' that you say cares only about the money? And how do you think that Bob will be found? And do you think that any of his children have taken any steps towards 'finding' him?

I know that this case sends shivers up the spine for most of us. Even if we ignore elements like 'multi-million trust fund' or 'history of issues with prospective inheritors'. Somebody's dad and protector was killed.

My impression is that Websleuths is about justice. If you have any reason to suggest that the posters here are primarily concerned about money, please support that claim with links, because, frankly, statements like that are offensive to those of us who pursue justice. And if, by 'everyone else' you're talking about players in Bob's case, well please give use details, because, as far as I know, this website isn't about taking potshots at people without evidence.

Maybe I'm just naive..I don't think I have read any other case on here where so much energy is spent on posting the court proceedings and documents regarding money on a missing person case! To me that should be a completely different story. Again, call me naive but I still don't believe Bob's disappearance had anything to do with any trust. I think the proceedings after he went missing have all been to protect his interests and that of his family. I can tell you if my Dad went missing I would be the first one to be protecting anything and everything he owned. I don't have to provide links Montjoy..These entire threads are proof that the concern has been about money and accusations against the family. Please re-read my post because you will not find a potshot there!!!

Hearings:
(P) COURT TRIAL 10/03/2011 09:00 L72

Register of Actions:
PAYMENT RECEIVED BY FOR 36 - MOTION OR OTHER (NOT 1ST) PAPER REQUIRING A HEARING IN THE AMOUNT OF 40.00, TRANSACTION NUMBER 10990595 AND RECEIPT NUMBER 10814487. 09/13/2011

DECLARATION FILED BY BORCHER, PAULA S.; BRADY, ROBERTA D. ON 09/12/2011 09/12/2011 BORCHER, PAULA S.; BRADY, ROBERTA D. ON 09/12/2011

EX PARTE APPLICATION - OTHER FILED BY HARROD, FONTELLE ON 09/12/2011 09/12/2011 HARROD, FONTELLE ON 09/12/2011

Case #: 30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJC
https://ocapps.occourts.org/ProbPubv2/Home.do

I thought it was about finding Bob? Everyone else seems to be making it about the money! IMO

I see where you are coming from, but respectfully disagree. The daughters were denied three times from their appointement in three seperate court proceedings between the beginning of August 2009 and March 2010.

They achieved their co conservator status via a mediation agreement with Mrs Harrod-both sides sitting down and agreeing to the terms of the conservatorship of Bob's money.

Why were they denied three times? Clearly a judge did not agree that they were "protecting Bob's assets" or they would have been appointed.

The money cannot be discounted here-the girls themselves have repeatedly thrown it out as a motivation for his disappearance, albeit with different people being behind it all.

The money cannot be discounted here-the girls themselves have repeatedly thrown it out as a motivation for his disappearance, albeit with different people being behind it all.

<respectfully snipped>

NONE of us would have had the slightest inkling about "The Money" if it hadnt been continuously talked about from the get-go by the daughters. Thats what made this entire case so bizarre! There was more discussion in those earlier WWW threads about "The Money" than there was about trying to find Mr. Harrod. IMO.

<respectfully snipped>

NONE of us would have had the slightest inkling about "The Money" if it hadnt been continuously talked about from the get-go by the daughters. Thats what made this entire case so bizarre! There was more discussion in those earlier WWW threads about "The Money" than there was about trying to find Mr. Harrod. IMO.

From what I remember all the daughters talked about was the trust that was and always set up to be theirs! When Bob and Fontelle were married, unfortunately due to his disappearance he did not have time to add Fontelle to any of his accounts. It was Fontelle who arrived without any money (this I read in the threads) and she wanted access to Bob's checkbook but was denied because she was not on the account. Of course, the daughters had to seek counsel to find out what to do and I'm sure counsel told them to apply for conservatorship to protect their father's assets until they could find out what happened to Bob.

From what I remember all the daughters talked about was the trust that was and always set up to be theirs! When Bob and Fontelle were married, unfortunately due to his disappearance he did not have time to add Fontelle to any of his accounts. It was Fontelle who arrived without any money (this I read in the threads) and she wanted access to Bob's checkbook but was denied because she was not on the account. Of course, the daughters had to seek counsel to find out what to do and I'm sure counsel told them to apply for conservatorship to protect their father's assets until they could find out what happened to Bob.

Yes, they applied and they were turned down Dolly.

More to the point, from the get go they have indicated that multiple people (BL, Mrs Harrod and family) were all about the money which is why Bob disappeared.

I agree with them 100% that the motive for this disappearance was the money.

ETA: what I bolded and underlined is patently untrue. Now I need a link, lol.

Yes, they applied and they were turned down Dolly.

More to the point, from the get go they have indicated that multiple people (BL, Mrs Harrod and family) were all about the money which is why Bob disappeared.

I agree with them 100% that the motive for this disappearance was the money.

ETA: what I bolded and underlined is patently untrue. Now I need a link, lol.[/QUOTE]

BBM
I have spent a great deal of time this afternoon looking for that post and I can't find it. There have been so many posts on this thread that have been deleted (Just ask me, LOL) that it could have been one of them. If you feel it can't be substantiated please go ahead and delete but I DID read it here..Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member