CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(snipped) This is motive in this crime; finding his body will be tough, but I'm hopeful that the case truly is being worked on and I just wish that TES could come and scan the remote areas that the SIL, Daughters, or Bob himself were known to go; I mean out in the desert. I remember the SIL's excuses that he went for a hike that day. I've not forgotten about that at ALL. (snipped) tracing him; and everything about him is so important in this case.

Thank you Cherry for this good advice!!

On August 17, 2009 daughter JuM posted the following on ROTW:

"There was site posted and removed from this thread as misinformation and too much information about the case we chose to no longer post on it to maintain integrity of the Placentia PD investigation."

JuM was referring to their postings on the IS site. It was JuM and her sisters who were posting (mis)information on IS. They continued to post on IS after JuM removed the IS link and posted the above on ROTW.

Strange.

Strange is an understatement. Thinking back to the timeline and home repairs, perhaps the reason they are working under the don't ask don't tell mode is because the heated meeting occured at Bobs home and they are fully aware no such repairs were needed 24 hours earlier.

JMO

I remember when Bob first went missing and its been so very long. i never believed the SIL; I think that it's very likely after such a heated "get together" the night before that his one daughter had her husband return and possibly kill bob that day. Yes, cleaning up a murder, can call for "home repairs" and trips to Home Depot that's a fact. I've never believed his claim and most likely the last person to see him is responsible for his demise. I don't believe the family wanted his new wife to have a dime; they were tired of waiting for him to die, so one or all hatched this scheme to make sure this new wife never received a dime. It sounds to me like his children cared only about one thing: His bank account balance. This is motive in this crime; finding his body will be tough, but I'm hopeful that the case truly is being worked on and I just wish that TES could come and scan the remote areas that the SIL, Daughters, or Bob himself were known to go; I mean out in the desert. I remember the SIL's excuses that he went for a hike that day. I've not forgotten about that at ALL. I don't get to post much here but I saw Bobs thread and had to post. I think there will be arrests at some point for his murder. It's clear that Bob has not attempted to make contact or touch his money in any way, I doubt he ran off at his age. I think that "they" (his children) killed him. IMO; there is much motive in thi case. 15K was nothing to these "adult children" they wanted the kit and kaboodle, and were most likely enraged to find that he had remarried and would be changing his will.

All of that, happening in the days leading up to his murder. I do think he was murdered and I do think it was familial, I doubt his new wife (who by law is entitled to his estate) had anything to do with this. It's the SIL's presence in and out of his home that day that really always stood out to me as suspect. so tracing him; and everything about him is so important in this case.

I hope it's ok that I quote Cherry's post in its entirety, as I can't find any appropriate place to snip it. I think it eloquently reminds us that there is, IMO, no mystery in this case with respect to some of the key elements of the crime.

I recognize that Bob's story isn't ideal for some shows that feature missing people (or unsolved murders). I think that this case likely makes many people feel uneasy. It sure does with me, just speaking as an outsider. But then I can't imagine what it would feel like to be a family member. Everyone knows that Bob wasn't killed by a stranger or by the one non-family member that some of Bob's kin have pointed fingers at. Money aside, the total transparency of what has happened must be a considerable burden for some people out there. Putting money back into the picture...I would have to guess that anyone who is found guilty of killing Bob, assisting in a cover-up, or of misleading LE (and not coming forward to fix things with them)...well, I can't imagine that they would receive anything.

But please, I would just hope that any interested parties could put the money issues aside and look at the bigger picture. You may (or may not) have been in Placentia on July 27 2009, but you know what went on before, during, and after that day. I know I have called this a burden on you before, but it is also an asset. It's a card you can play. And you can play it on your own, and it could resolve some moral and financial issues for you. You don't need to talk to family or friends here, if they confuse things -- just call Dave, call Corinne, call anyone there you've spoken to and like. Call your own, personal lawyer, or find a new one if you need to. Tell them that you want to make things right for yourself and for Bob. I know they will listen.

This thread was pulled a few days ago and it resulted in a number of people believing they were "banned" from it. I received a whole lot of PM's!

No one was banned-no one could see the thread. That is what the message meant. :)

Just when I thought the hurt and plight of Bob's disappearance could not be any worse the beautiful lighting of the candles at gratefulness.org, in his honor, has been desecrated! In my complete disbelief there are people posting messages as Georgia (Bob's late wife)! Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Crime boards are here for that. But, gratefulness is a place of solace where you can go light a candle in honor of a loved one that has died, a stranger that is missing, a child that has been abducted. Light your candles with Hope!

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle. Robert Alden

I think posting responses or candles from Georgia is a strange, puzzling thing to do. Has that happened before, I wonder? Do you know Dolly? I think there are a myriad of motivations for someone posting something on behalf of the dead.

There is a motion to compel on the docket for today, and as far as I can see it has not been cancelled so I will be interested to see what it is about when the info becomes public record.

I think posting responses or candles from Georgia is a strange, puzzling thing to do. Has that happened before, I wonder? Do you know Dolly? I think there are a myriad of motivations for someone posting something on behalf of the dead.
There is a motion to compel on the docket for today, and as far as I can see it has not been cancelled so I will be interested to see what it is about when the info becomes public record.

BBM

The only motivation I can think of is someone being cruel. We all know Georgia can't be posting. The motivation..hurt the daughters! As far as I know this is the first time I have seen the gratefulness candles for Bob. I wish I would have thought of starting one for him a long time ago, but now I have second thoughts.

Every family member, extended family member and others close to Mr. Harrod should be working with PPD to clear themselves. Ways to do this would be, providing cell/land-line phone records, receipts, taking polygraphs and answering any and all questions.

Every family member, extended family member and others close to Mr. Harrod should be working with PPD to clear themselves. Ways to do this would be, providing cell/land-line phone records, receipts, taking polygraphs and answering any and all questions.

Is there any good logical reason to believe family, extended family and others close to Mr. Harrod would not have already cleared themself? Say 25 months ago? I mean really, what logical reason exists for the family of a missing person with the ability to clear themself to not do so? Let's see, the family of a missing person with no involvement chooses to not be cleared, so they can protect the non family member responsible for their father, father in law or grandfathers disappearance and presumed murder? I don't think so.

I'm quite certain those with the ability to clear themselves have already done so.

jmo

BBM

The only motivation I can think of is someone being cruel. We all know Georgia can't be posting. The motivation..hurt the daughters! As far as I know this is the first time I have seen the gratefulness candles for Bob. I wish I would have thought of starting one for him a long time ago, but now I have second thoughts.

I agree with what I bolded and I would think that the person who posted this:

"GMH

Somewhere Over The Rainbow, angels watch over you.

— Georgia & Sassy from CA, United States"

was possibly responsible for the others.

Ah well-I think there is likely a lot going on behind the scenes here with the October trial date arriving so quickly. I am curious as to whether or not yet another ammended audit was filed which would answer some of the questions that apparently left the judge unsatisfied in the spring.

Believe, have you heard anything on that motion to compel from 09-01-11?

Bumping for Mr. Harrod. Thinking about him this morning, praying for a break in this case.

What suzy211 said. For some reason, this case has gotten to me also. It's just so sad and frustrating. Still hoping and praying for a resolution here.

"They have worked to nail down alibis for the people around him. The younger woman with whom Bob had a friendship has a solid alibi. Michaels, reportedly the last person to have seen Bob, has receipts verifying he was at Home Depot around the time he said he was, police say."

The hairdresser has a solid alibi. JeM can only account for the time he was at Home Depot. The cleaning woman can verify JeM was at Mr. Harrod's house at certain times.

What about the other missing hours of the day? What were the "home repairs?"

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/2

Fontelle Harrod said several days after Bob Harrod disappeared, his three daughters came to his house where Fontelle was staying and told her she wasn't entitled to any of their father's assets.

According to records from Orange County Probate Court, Brady and Borcher filed a petition for conservatorship to gain control of their father's assets Aug. 7.

Fontelle waits for answers in Bob's home. His daughters stopped talking to her soon after their father disappeared. Roberta and Paula have filed a claim in probate court for control of Bob's estate. The judge hearing the matter has not issued a ruling.

The daughters also told Fontelle within days of Mr. Harrod's disappearance that she could not stay in the house.

Why would the daughters of a missing person act this way towards their father's new wife?

http://www2.ocregister.com/articles/harrod-bob-police-2598739-fontelle-michaels

Robert "Bob" Harrod, who his daughter and some family members say has mild dementia, disappeared from his home in Orange County on Monday — a month after his marriage to Fontelle Heeter, whom he first proposed to 59 years ago.

Daughter RB: Though Bob was not diagnosed, instances of forgetfulness led family to believe he could have some early signs of dementia.

Daughter JuM: Michaels says her father had been showing signs of dementia and can hardly walk two blocks because of his bad knees.

Millsap said there's a dispute in the family as to whether or not Harrod even suffers from dementia, so police don't think that's the reason for his disappearance.

"I don't think it's dementia," he told FOXNews.com. "Most of the family says he's sharp as a tack." He said investigators don't have a working theory about what happened.

Why would Mr. Harrod's daughters want the police and the public to think Mr. Harrod suffered from dementia?

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-long-engagement,0,266953.story
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535895,00.html

About 9:30 a.m., Bob's son-in-law Jeff Michaels arrived to help get the house ready.Michaels told police that he worked at the home, then went to Home Depot about 2:40 p.m. to buy supplies. When he returned about 3:30 p.m., Bob's housekeeper was sitting on the front stoop because no one had answered the door. Michaels let himself in the back door and the housekeeper followed and cleaned.

Daughter PB: He was at home and seemed in good spirits when I last spoke to him somewhere between 11 a.m. - 12pm. His son-in-law was there doing odd jobs as Dads new wife was returning from Missouri on Wed. 7/29/09. Heard son-in-law say he was going to the hardware store. When he returned the housekeeper was waiting outside and Dad was gone.

Daughter PB: I called my dad that morning by telephone, he had obviously been getting quite a few phone calls that morning. Then I realized that my BIL was there and I DID hear him say he was going to the "hardware store". My dad responded to him in a favorable way. I told my dad that I would let him go and talk to him later. That was the last time that I spoke to him. Times vary as I could not tell you the exact time that I called Dad, I gave an approximate of sometime between 11 and 12 and found later it was probably after 11:30 a.m.

If what daughter PB claims is true, she heard SIL say he was going to the hardware store at approximately 11:30am. Yet later the actual time JeM left for the hardware store given in the media was changed to 2:40pm.

If these accounts are to be believed, why did it take JeM three hours to leave for the hardware store? Why did daughter PB feel the need to post on two different sites that she heard JeM state he was going to the hardware store?

According to the police report, the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance, which was given to Fontelle by JuM and/or JeM, was 11am.

I can see being a few minutes off, but hours..............

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706

If what daughter PB claims is true, she heard SIL say he was going to the hardware store at approximately 11:30am. Yet later the actual time JeM left for the hardware store given in the media was changed to 2:40pm.

If these accounts are to be believed, why did it take JeM three hours to leave for the hardware store? Why did daughter PB feel the need to post on two different sites that she heard JeM state he was going to the hardware store?

According to the police report, the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance, which was given to Fontelle by JuM and/or JeM, was 11am.

I can see being a few minutes off, but hours..............

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706

Agree. If SIL JeM really left/last saw Bob at 2:40pm, what was the purpose in providing the 11:00 am time to Mrs Harrod for the missing persons report? And why did his wife JuM tell reporters they thought Bob left between noon and 1pm?

While it has been reported no neighbors saw Bob the day of his disappearance and presumed murder, it would be interesting to know what neighbors had to say about the times they saw or did not see SIL's truck in Bobs driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysterykitty