CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hairdressers children were minors, as was posted upthread. It is against WS TOS to sleuth minors.

The hairdresser must have other (non minor) relatives and friends that LE can question. Why wouldn't they do this? They should question those closest to Bob first, then work their way out further from that circle.

Huh-Every case is different, but I dont know many people who would resist the steps it would take to nail down something that was interfering with their quality of life. My friend's Grandmother had Alzheimers, and I dont recall her saying that her grandmother refused to be diagnosed.
Some people don't want to admit that they've lost control. My sister and I can't even get our mother to see a psychiatrist for an antidepressant prescription. She just keeps repeating, "I'm not crazy. Everybody here thinks I'm fine." The residents at the assisted living facility keep telling each other the same thing. According to them, they're all fine and the children are all neglectful.

So, she remains depressed. There's nothing else we can do for her.

Here is a quote from your post:
I am confused, lol.
Don't know what in my post you're confused about.

The hairdresser must have other (non minor) relatives and friends that LE can question. Why wouldn't they do this? They should question those closest to Bob first, then work their way out further from that circle.

Agreed-we talk about that all the time in the cases of the missing dont we? PD 101 is to clear those closest to the victim and then work their way out. The biggest gap in the information I care about (other than Bob's location of course) is who of the family has cleared themselves as well.

For example, did JeMichaels give LE everything they needed to pass him by? We know BL did. I suspect that CL also did. RB posted that she was looking forward to her LDT-if I could be a fly on the wall, lol, I would love to know who else took them and what the outcome was. I mean, you pass or you dont. They are simply an investigative tool and one that many LE rely on to steer their investigation.

Since I don't know Bob I have no idea what, if any, mental conditions he suffered from. But poor decisions on his part wound up putting him in a vulnerable position- and someone was able to take advantage of that position. I think he trusted an individual, or individuals, who he shouldn't have. Sadly, it was a deadly mistake.

It's like, if you're overly trusting and let strangers inside your home you're more likely to be harmed by a stranger than say, your neighbor who won't open the door to anyone. Prostitutes are always being targeted because they are in a precarious position. It's too bad we have to live in fear, but these things happen all the time.

Cracka, you sound like you are blaming the victim for his own murder. The person(s) that murdered Mr. Harrod are to blame and no one else.

It's interesting that even Fontelle suspected the hairdresser in Bob's disappearance. Any one of her extended family members should be looked at, as well. I can't imagine why LE apparently didn't do further investigations in this direction. They would certainly have motive.

How do you know LE did not?

Seems to me the daughters and SIL had the motive.

First in the circle would be the person at Mr. Harrod's house who claimed to be doing "odd jobs." You would expect that person to cooperate and agree to a polygraph so PPD could work their way out. Hope that happened.

Some people don't want to admit that they've lost control. My sister and I can't even get our mother to see a psychiatrist for an antidepressant prescription. She just keeps repeating, "I'm not crazy. Everybody here thinks I'm fine." The residents at the assisted living facility keep telling each other the same thing. According to them, they're all fine and the children are all neglectful.

So, she remains depressed. There's nothing else we can do for her.

Don't know what in my post you're confused about.

What welfare check are you posting about? APS or PPD? :)

What welfare check are you posting about? APS or PPD? :)
I just seem to remember reading about two. I thought one of the daughters called for one, and the grandson called for the other. That's all I know.

I want to step back for a minute-PPD states this was not the crime of a stranger. So, even if we speculate that he had dementia (I personally do not believe it) he didnt let a stranger into his home.

If the family is to be believed, he let his SIL into his home on that day to do odd jobs.

I just seem to remember reading about two. I thought one of the daughters called for one, and the grandson called for the other. That's all I know.

Two APS welfare checks or two PPD welfare checks?

Seems to me the daughters and SIL had the motive.
They could have had a motive. But, you don't think the hairdresser and her family had a motive? All the above people should be investigated further, IMO. Maybe even other members of Bob's family who haven't been mentioned on here.

For example, did JeMichaels give LE everything they needed to pass him by? We know BL did. I suspect that CL also did. RB posted that she was looking forward to her LDT-if I could be a fly on the wall, lol, I would love to know who else took them and what the outcome was. I mean, you pass or you dont. They are simply an investigative tool and one that many LE rely on to steer their investigation.
We'll only know who took polygraphs if LE makes a statement one way or the other. If they haven't, maybe they should make public who took one and who didn't. At least that information would steer the investigation in a specific direction. People who refuse a poly are always suspect- and with good reason.

Cracka, you sound like you are blaming the victim for his own murder. The person(s) that murdered Mr. Harrod are to blame and no one else.
After my lengthy explanation, it's your prerogative to interpret what I said in any way you wish.

Angelo, what I am 'reading' is that anyone who puts themselves in a vulnerable position is more likely to come to harm than a person who exercises more caution and awareness.

I don't think that is exactly the same as blaming the victim. It just says the victim didn't exercise vigilance and therefore increased their ODDS of something happening.

It's as simple as a person locking their car doors or not. The unlocked-door person didn't do the THEFT of the car, they just made it more likely that their car would be stolen and easier for the thief to steal it.

Angelo, what I am 'reading' is that anyone who puts themselves in a vulnerable position is more likely to come to harm than a person who exercises more caution and awareness.

Sure -- but let's not forget, one thing that the PPD has ruled out is foul play at the hand of a stranger. Another is that Bob's barber or her family is involved. So what are we left with? Bob did not live a high-risk lifestyle as was mentioned in the post Angelo replied to (that is, Bob was not a prostitute).

If Bob was doing nothing to put himself into such a vulnerable situation -- other than, it would appear, opening his door to a family member -- then I'm not sure what advising caution and awareness would do.

If he did exercise due caution and awareness, then I'm not sure why it's being implied that he did an inadequate job.

Sure -- but let's not forget, one thing that the PPD has ruled out is foul play at the hand of a stranger. Another is that Bob's barber or her family is involved. So what are we left with? Bob did not live a high-risk lifestyle as was mentioned in the post Angelo replied to (that is, Bob was not a prostitute).

If Bob was doing nothing to put himself into such a vulnerable situation -- other than, it would appear, opening his door to a family member -- then I'm not sure what advising caution and awareness would do.

If he did exercise due caution and awareness, then I'm not sure why it's being implied that he did an inadequate job.

BBM....

I don't believe it was just one family member, but all. I'm sure he never truly believed they would harm him and, it would seem, that did make him vulnerable.

I'm sure he never thought it would. :(

BBM....

I don't believe it was just one family member, but all. I'm sure he never truly believed they would harm him and, it would seem, that did make him vulnerable.

I'm sure he never thought it would. :(

Yes, I agree. And yes, perhaps you're right: he was definitely circumspect enough to know that he was at risk. That will be borne out in the facts reported, I believe. But I guess what I am saying is that the only vulnerability to which he would appear to have opened himself was his own family. Therein lies the tragedy: family should mean security, not vulnerability, and it would seem Bob's trust might have hurt him.

BBM....

I don't believe it was just one family member, but all.
How sad. Do you think they all ganged up on him the previous night, or that they are all involved in a cover-up? What do you think happened?

How sad. Do you think they all ganged up on him the previous night, or that they are all involved in a cover-up? What do you think happened?

Oh yes, I do!

I was once on the side of the "grieving" daughters. But I have changed my mind over time, based on what I've seen since Bob went missing and the ensuing "investigation."

Do I believe Bob was a saint? Certainly not. Do I believe he deserved to be murdered by his own family? Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic