CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems very odd to me that now she is friends with Fontelle.

Can you provide a source to substantiate this? If this information is based in some sort of insider/personal information, you will need to be verified for this thread.

BBM

The story should be about Bob, not 'Fontelle's loss'. There is more than one person affected by his disappearance. Bob was a husband to Fontelle for a few weeks, but a father to his daughters for 50 years. In that case, why not show photos of them? Why are you so taken aback by that possibility?

<respectfully snipped>

It's true, Bob's daughters WERE affected by Mr. Harrod's disappearance. Why, then, don't they volunteer to be interviewed for these stories? I think it would really benefit this case to hear from them. Then, I am sure there would be pictures of the daughters.

Bob was a husband to Fontelle for a few weeks, but a father to his daughters for 50 years. In that case, why not show photos of them? Why are you so taken aback by that possibility?

I wouldn't consider myself as taken aback here. I just can think of no worse way to draw attention/sympathy/support to Bob's missing (murdered) person's case than by featuring his daughters. Why? After he went missing, they proposed a number of insulting, outlandish, and ultimately unsupportable theories about his disappearance (cold feet, dementia, blaming a cleared third party). They spoke ill of him on a variety of counts (greedy, thoughtless, well, and much worse). This is all documented. You'll note that they did not contribute to the recent items on Bob, nor have they done anything to encourage media attention.

In short, they have acted like the absolute worst examples of adult children of a missing parent. I'm not sure how featuring them would encourage anyone to care more about Bob, other than to pity him all the more for having to put up with those children "for 50 years".

Taking a step back, Mrs. Harrod is expressing concern and caring to the media regarding her husband.

Unfortunately Bob's daughters have chosen as their outlet the www where they have accused him of being morally corrupt, rapacious regarding money, of committing incest, and of jettisoning their mother. Among other things.

I can see why the interest in the story lies with the love and longing of Bob's wife, tbh.

Originally Posted by Montjoy

Certainly not by showing photographs of Bob's children!
I wouldn't consider myself as taken aback here.
You ended your sentence with an exclamation point, which indicates excitement/strong feelings/surprise.
I just can think of no worse way to draw attention/sympathy/support to a missing (murdered) person's case than by featuring his daughters. Why? After he went missing, they proposed a number of insulting, outlandish, and ultimately unsupportable theories about his disappearance (cold feet, dementia, blaming a cleared third party).
They did say they were 'brainstorming'. It's better to throw out some theories rather than say nothing. And as far as I know, the FAMILY of the third party was not cleared.
They spoke ill of him on a variety of counts (greedy, thoughtless, well, and much worse). This is all documented.
Most families have problems. I don't find candid accounts that slipped out over a two year period to be anything more than that- candid. Fontelle knew little about Bob. She didn't grow up in the household and wasn't living with him for any length of time. Bob and Fontelle were in the 'honeymoon' phase of a relationship when everything looks rosy.
You'll note that they did not contribute to the recent items on Bob, nor have they done anything to encourage media attention.
Were they contacted by the writer and then refused to comment? Certainly I'd like to know if, and why, the daughters would refuse to comment. That might be important to know. Are the daughters or Fontelle the ones circulating the fliers?
In short, they have acted like the absolute worst examples of adult children of a missing parent. I'm not sure how featuring them would encourage anyone to care more about Bob, other than to pity him all the more for having to put up with those children "for 50 years".
Obviously, they were having family problems at the time Bob disappeared. Do we know what the family interaction was like that that? Bob was giving/loaning them money and the SIL had been doing odd jobs for Bob. The family was included in the Will. Before the recent turmoil the family must have been closer than you allege. Or, maybe the daughters were 'putting up with' a greedy, thoughtless, selfish father? Without Bob's input we can't make a fair judgment on the family dynamics.

Bob may or may not have been demented, but he was clearly making some very poor decisions.

Can you provide a source to substantiate this? If this information is based in some sort of insider/personal information, you will need to be verified for this thread.
I thought I remembered reading that here, on WS. I thought a neighbor had seen the hairdresser, or her car, over at the house since Bob's disappearance. Since I don't want to spend endless time searching through hundreds of posts, I'll just let the Mods delete it.

Unfortunately Bob's daughters have chosen as their outlet the www where they have accused him of being morally corrupt, rapacious regarding money, of committing incest, and of jettisoning their mother. Among other things.

Where is this WWW website? And what do you mean by 'jettisoning' their mother? She died of natural causes, correct?

At this point I'm not sure what the family dynamics has to do with Bob's disappearance. Although I do find JeM's timeline suspicious, I also have serious concerns about the hairdresser's family. Out of everyone who has been mentioned here, she would have the very most to lose financially. I wonder if initially it could have been a ransom type abduction, but something went wrong. Maybe someone was planning on having Bob withdraw monies from his bank account.

Most families have problems. I don't find candid accounts that slipped out over a two year period to be anything more than that- candid./QUOTE]

<snipped>

I will agree with you that most families have problems. However, these slights towards their father did not SLIP OUT. They repeatedly were posted again and again. IMO there was an agenda here. The stuff they posted was enough to make your skin crawl. How does that help to find your missing father?

(sniped)
Nothing confirming SIL's whereabouts between 10am and about 3:04pm. For all we know SIL could have stopped at the house, had an argument with Bob that got out of hand, left with Bob and then returned without Bob to repair damage in the home which occured as a result of an altercation between he and Bob earlier that morning.

jmo of course

Has anyone added information about Sil's trip to CVS pharmacy? When did he go there and what for?
These quotes below are from Sept 2009, Thread #1

09-09-2009, 02:53 PM
dreamweaver
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2008

I emailed PPD detective about time of Home Depot receipt.
I got an email today.
PPD says:
The Home Depot receipt is 3:04. He went earlier to CVS pharmacy.
09-09-2009, 02:55 PM
dreamweaver
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2008

SIL must have ran an errand to CVS Pharmacy, back around 1pm, then back out to Home Depot, paid for purchase at 3:04pm.
09-12-2009, 07:22 PM
cloudajo
Bob Harrod, Missing from Placentia, CA Join Date: Oct 2007

(Sniped)

What I find interesting is that there is not one mention of a trip to CVS in any articles, in the interview with daughter/wife of SIL, and in post by other daughter on IS.

All only mention an earlier trip to the hardware store/Home Depot, then back about noon/1PM to find Bob gone.

Before the recent turmoil the family must have been closer than you allege.

Oh yeah, things must have been peachy. Some time before Bob and Fontelle got in contact again, he "decided he needed some time away from his daughters and he asked them to leave him alone for six months".

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03

How typical of a 'close family' do you think that is, coming from an 80 year old? It wasn't his daughters requesting to be away from their greedy, mean father -- it was their (elderly) father asking them to stay away from him.

The ugliness Bobs daughters posted was for one reason and one reason only.
To create disgust towards their father and to cause disinterest in his MP case.

jmo

Where is this WWW website? And what do you mean by 'jettisoning' their mother? She died of natural causes, correct?

At this point I'm not sure what the family dynamics has to do with Bob's disappearance. Although I do find JeM's timeline suspicious, I also have serious concerns about the hairdresser's family. Out of everyone who has been mentioned here, she would have the very most to lose financially. I wonder if initially it could have been a ransom type abduction, but something went wrong. Maybe someone was planning on having Bob withdraw monies from his bank account.

If you take some time to comb through the threads here, there are dozens and dozens of posts from Bob's children accusing him of many nasty and unsavory things.

IIRC, it was JeM who sighted a vehicle he claimed resembled the BL's. PPD has not released whether or not the license plate number, which he surely wrote down, coincided with hers but seeing as she has been cleared of involvement...As to her family members, which ones do you see as having the where withal to have disappeared Bob? One was or is a minor, who we do not sleuth here at WS.

Wouldnt it be something if the BL and her family could prove they were elsewhere for the duration of that day? My guess is that she and her husband did just that.

We know from the references to Bob's handwritten notes and the family meeting the day before his disappearance that he intended to add his wife to his estate planning. I have no idea whether or not he was planning on disinheriting his children or if all would share his substantial assets.

As for the line I bolded-Cracka I have found you to be a thoughtful and intuitive poster, but can you honestly imagine a case where family dynamics did NOT have relevance to a missing person's case?? Perhaps I misread the intention of your post. :)

Bob may or may not have been demented, but he was clearly making some very poor decisions.

He was not demented. His doctor and best friend both have asserted he was of sound mind.

But I agree with you that he made some very bad decisions. He should have let his lawyer handle all of the trust/estate business with his daughters. He should not have unlocked the door when he saw someone coming to do repairs that he had no plans for, especially less than 24 hours after a heated family meeting. He should have extended his six-month hiatus from his daughters. And he really, really should not have told his daughters that he was going to include Fontelle in his will, certainly not before having the changes made. (Fortunately, he did leave records.)

Well, JeM went to Home Depot at some time and returned at sometime.

Now, here is something I think we have considered before...seeing as how more than one trip was referenced and there seems to be a discrepancy in the time line, I suppose there is a very good chance that there was more than one trip made by JeM from Bob's house during that day.

So, if we speculate that this is the case, where does the home depot trip, the CVS trip and the arrival of the housekeeper fit in and in which order?

I am going to let this stand, but it is against TOS to bash a victim and there is no basis for this assertion:

If you take some time to comb through the threads here, there are dozens and dozens of posts from Bob's children accusing him of many nasty and unsavory things.
Did the daughters post on here? I went through a lot of the comments but nothing like this ever stood out. Do they say who they are? Or could I tell who they are by the comment?

Did the daughters post on here? I went through a lot of the comments but nothing like this ever stood out. Do they say who they are? Or could I tell who they are by the comment?

The daughters self identified across the world wide web. As in, "I am the daughter of Bob Harrod and Georgia Harrod" (paraphrase.)

ETA: I think I am getting the confusion-look for quotes of posts from In Sessions, or IS as it is affectionately known here. The two threads that existed on Bob's case were removed at the daughters request, if I recall correctly, but the posts themselves were available via Google cache and screen shots.

He was not demented. His doctor and best friend both have asserted he was of sound mind.
Speaking generally, (not particularly about Bob) an assertion of someone's mental health, whether by a friend, relative or doctor, would never hold up in a court of law. Just because someone can carry on a conversation, or pay bills it doesn't necessarily mean they are mentally stable. It's much more complicated than that.

From one website: The diagnosis of dementia requires a complete medical and neuropsychological evaluation.

There are all kinds of specific tests, which are administered by more than one doctor, that would determine dementia, competency or other life altering mental issues.

I know several people who have, or actually died from dementia. Most mental illnesses associated with old age come on slowly. I interact with one neighbor on a regular basis. Over time, she was diagnosed with dementia. But it's by far not the only mental problem that afflicts people, in particular the elderly.

Mental health problems related to age, are exactly why elder abuse is so common. Although they need someone to look out for their well being, the elderly also become paranoid, argumentative, stubborn. This is not just my opinion, either. These are facts in the same way that adolescents usually have skin problems. It's not everyone, but a large majority.

Calling for a welfare check on their father is exactly what the daughters should have done when they found out about the hairdresser. But I think they should have called social services since the police are usually not educated about these things. If these incidents were not reported, and Bob's bank account had been wiped out by the hairdresser or someone else, the daughters could have been cited for neglect in the care of a parent. Sometimes you just can't win.

Some examples for you Cracka-

August 8, 2009
It seems the media is trying to draw him out by using the angle of Sympathy for Fontelle and also reminding him of his God, HIS money. Whatever it takes! But he DOES have a family which he brushed aside after Mom's passing in March 2008. This is why we had such high hopes that Fontelle would bring him back to reality and also make him a happy man.

August 9, 2009
Why wouldn't he take his friggen dirty $$$ with him, then we wouldn't think we were expected to properly manage things in his absence. Also, if he did this, it is cruel to Fontelle and unforgiveable!
He pushed his family away and became even more secretive. We now know more about what his single-minded secret was that IMHO he was so ashamed of as to push family away. Definately NOT the same person we remember going to church when we were little, only to end up selling out to the devil IMHO.

August 13, 2009
BTW we checked the refrigerator freezer -- it was full of Banquet Dinners! (Yuk!)

Dad may have been wearing a pinkish/red stone masonic ring and a thin gold wedding band. May have been wearing white Reebocks type shoes, thin white knee-hi socks, white polyester pants, white belt, and an unknown color shirt over a white V-neck undershirt. Dad would have had a light colored hat to protect his head from the sun.

Dad was so overly concerned that he never end up, like our mother did, in hospitals and/or nursing homes. It is a known fact that he had offered "more money than you can imagine" in his desperate quest to buy a "girlfriend" caregiver prior to F's arrival.

August 22, 2009
No doubt in my mind, Dad probably "cashed out" his own life insurance policy, if one existed, before the date for Mom's memorial had even been set. The forms for Mom's life insurance policy could have been ready and waiting for her last breath too....IMHO That's exactly the kind of person the father WE KNOW is, as we have already tried to explain.

There are many, many more. BRB with some of the other charming statements made by these women starting shortly after Bob disappeared.

Speaking generally, (not particularly about Bob) an assertion of someone's mental health, whether by a friend, relative or doctor, would never hold up in a court of law.

(stuff about dementia respectfully snipped).

I think we would agree that dementia is a medical diagnosis requiring professional assessment. Given that, I'm not sure how you could defend or repeat claims that he had dementia, seeing how the only dementia 'diagnosis' had to have been suggested by one of his daughters, whereas his friend (totally clear of responsibility in Bob's murder) and his doctor said that he did not have dementia.

In this case, I think that I'll go with what professional opinion there is. There was no medical evidence to support dementia. I also want to say, in general, that a person's experience as a mental health patient should not count as expertise in diagnosing things like, say, dementia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry