CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet here we are over two years later with no solid timeline and no answers from JeM on what exactly he was doing at Mr. Harrod's house the day Mr. Harrod vanished. More important and IMO very telling, is the fact that some of Mr. Harrod's daughters don't even know the answers to the timeline and "home repairs."
Just because they haven't publicized a timeline doesn't mean that LE doesn't have one. It's quite possible they do have the correct timeline and all kinds of other information. I can't imagine they didn't question JeM about his activities that day. LE has the hardware store receipt but didn't reveal what was purchased. They NEVER reveal every detail in a case. Maybe LE has some leads and are working on things behind the scenes.

IMO, they need to take a closer look at the hairdresser's family. It seems very odd to me that now she is friends with Fontelle. She could be 'hiding' something in plain site! It could be a case of "Keep your enemies close, and your friends closer".

How ridiculous that we can hardly see Bob in this photo. There should be a larger picture of him so he is recognizable. We don't need to see what Fontelle looks like- it's not about her.

With respect, it's not like anyone is going to see Bob walking around on the street. We don't really need to see what he looks like -- he was murdered, and he is no longer recognizable. I don't think you're suggesting that Fontelle took or chose the photograph in the OC Register article -- that would have been done by the article's author or an editor. I think it's pretty obvious that the photograph was chosen to remind people of the human story here. To show people Fontelle's loss -- that elderly newlyweds had their future stolen from them. How else to do this? Certainly not by showing photographs of Bob's children!

I would say that based on the comments left on the article that the intelligent reading public knows exactly what is going on here, and that the article was at least somewhat effective.

As sad as it may seem in concept, I think you are right Montjoy. I mean, he wasnt snatched off the street during a stroll I dont think, so the possibility of a civilian coming forward and giving a piece of the pie seems remote to me. Perhaps that is why there are no real tips as PI Clarke indicates.

KTLA News - August 26, 2011

PLACENTIA, Calif. (KTLA) -- The family of a then-81-year-old newlywed millionaire who disappeared just two days before he was to be reunited with his wife is offering a $50,000 reward for any information on his disappearance.

Police are investigating the disappearance of Bob Harrod, who went missing from his home on Monday, July 27, 2009, as a murder, but they have not yet developed any leads.

His disappearance occurred some 48 hours before he was to be reunited with his new bride, Fontelle.

Harrod was last seen by his son-in-law, authorities say, who had been at his home helping Harrod prepare it for his new wife's move-in. Harrod's daughter, Julie Michaels, says her husband left the home to make a trip to the hardware store.

When he returned to the home, Bob was gone.

Michaels says her father had been showing signs of dementia and can hardly walk two blocks because of his bad knees.

[snipped]

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-long-engagement,0,266953.story

Thanks, cloudajo. Well that article is a little bit of a rehash.

"Michaels says her father had been showing signs of dementia and can hardly walk two blocks because of his bad knees."

Dementia was firmly refuted by his longtime physician.

Interesting. I don't see any current quotes or interviews from the 3 daughters, son-in-law, grandson in these articles or video.

Here is a snip from the article:

"So far we haven't gotten any real response from the posters, despite the reward," said Michael Clarke, CEO of Archangel Investigations, who began working the case in November 2009"

November 2009? And he billed 3K as of March 2011, iirc? It is included in some hearing notes...the girl's attorney told the judge that he had been paid around 3K.

That is not a lot of activity, all due respect to PI Clarke.

"It just goes to the case, no physical evidence," Clarke said

http://www.ocregister.com/news/harrod-313939-disappearance-reward.html

I take this to mean PI Clarke has not uncovered any physical evidence.

I'm sure he was not there when LE processed Bobs home in March. IF Bobs SIL JeM and daughters are unnamed primary suspects or persons if interest, PPD is not going to share what physical evidence they may have with someone hired by those LE is focusing on.

jmo

How ridiculous that we can hardly see Bob in this photo. There should be a larger picture of him so he is recognizable. We don't need to see what Fontelle looks like- it's not about her.

If you click on the photo tab you can view more pictures of Mr. Harrod.

Just because they haven't publicized a timeline doesn't mean that LE doesn't have one. It's quite possible they do have the correct timeline and all kinds of other information. I can't imagine they didn't question JeM about his activities that day. LE has the hardware store receipt but didn't reveal what was purchased. They NEVER reveal every detail in a case. Maybe LE has some leads and are working on things behind the scenes.

IMO, they need to take a closer look at the hairdresser's family. It seems very odd to me that now she is friends with Fontelle. She could be 'hiding' something in plain site! It could be a case of "Keep your enemies close, and your friends closer".

If they are hoping to get help from the public, the correct times are important. There are different times all over the web ranging from 10am(JuM) to 2:40pm(JeM). In missing person cases family is usually able to give an exact time that the person was last seen. The daughters and/or SIL should publicly come out and say what time JeM last saw Mr. Harrod alive and what Mr. Harrod was doing when he saw him.

If they are hoping to get help from the public, the correct times are important. There are different times all over the web ranging from 10am(JuM) to 2:40pm(JeM). In missing person cases family is usually able to give an exact time that the person was last seen. The daughters and/or SIL should publicly come out and say what time JeM last saw Mr. Harrod alive and what Mr. Harrod was doing when he saw him.

Exactly! When requesting help from the public hoping someone recalls something, it's a bit muddy if the public doesn't have a specific time to go by.

The only person(s) a muddied timeline helps is/are the perpetrator(s) responsible for Bobs disappearance.

jmo

For those new or newer to following Bobs case the only verified time Bob was alive and well on the day he went missing is a 10:00am phone call from someone outside of his family. (per LE in previously linked MSM articles)

From 10:00am and on, no one knows Bobs location.

Nothing confirming SIL's whereabouts between 10am and about 3:04pm. For all we know SIL could have stopped at the house, had an argument with Bob that got out of hand, left with Bob and then returned without Bob to repair damage in the home which occured as a result of an altercation between he and Bob earlier that morning.

jmo of course

With respect, it's not like anyone is going to see Bob walking around on the street. We don't really need to see what he looks like -- he was murdered, and he is no longer recognizable.

BBM
What Bob looks like doesn't matter? Then what's the point of putting up fliers featuring his photo? Officially, Bob is still 'missing', not necessarily dead. His image could jog someone's memory. It's common knowledge that 'a picture is worth a thousand words'.

I don't think you're suggesting that Fontelle took or chose the photograph in the OC Register article -- that would have been done by the article's author or an editor.
I'm not suggesting anything, I'm stating that a picture of Bob, himself, should have been the prominent feature. Whoever made that choice, IMO, made a poor one.

I think it's pretty obvious that the photograph was chosen to remind people of the human story here. To show people Fontelle's loss -- that elderly newlyweds had their future stolen from them. How else to do this? Certainly not by showing photographs of Bob's children!
The story should be about Bob, not 'Fontelle's loss'. There is more than one person affected by his disappearance. Bob was a husband to Fontelle for a few weeks, but a father to his daughters for 50 years. In that case, why not show photos of them? Why are you so taken aback by that possibility?

I would say that based on the comments left on the article that the intelligent reading public knows exactly what is going on here and that the article was at least somewhat effective.
Certainly it was somewhat effective, but it was a fluff piece. Nothing new, no hard facts. I will agree that's it's better than nothing.

The article mentioned that there were still 'missing' fliers circulating the area. Is someone still actively distributing these? Is the $50,000 reward for information being offered by Fontelle?

For those new or newer to following Bobs case the only verified time Bob was alive and well on the day he went missing is a 10:00am phone call from someone outside of his family.

Nothing confirming SIL's whereabouts between 10am and about 3:04pm. For all we know SIL could have stopped at the house, had an argument with Bob that got out of hand, left with Bob and then returned without Bob to repair damage in the home which occured as a result of an altercation between he and Bob earlier that morning.

jmo of course

Now, if the above theory is accurate it would explain why SIL JeM was not concerned about his wife occupying Bobs home without him the following day and not concerned about his son and his sons family who live around the corner from Bob.

jmo.

For those new or newer to following Bobs case the only verified time Bob was alive and well on the day he went missing is a 10:00am phone call from someone outside of his family.

jmo of course

Right, and the damage is now being paraded as "home repairs", "odd jobs", "small projects", etc.

The housekeeper would be able to tell PPD what, if any, rooms JeM told her to stay out of. Also, I hope the housekeeper observed some of what JeM was doing while she was cleaning the house.

Nothing confirming SIL's whereabouts between 10am and about 3:04pm.

I thought I remembered reading that JeM was at Home Depot and has a receipt from there. A store as big as that must have video cameras. They should be able to verify if JeM was or was not there, and at what time.
The housekeeper would be able to tell PPD what, if any, rooms JeM told her to stay out of. Also, I hope the housekeeper observed some of what JeM was doing while she was cleaning the house.
Again, I can only imagine that the police questioned the housekeeper about all this. For some reason LE is not revealing what they know. They must have their reasons.

I thought I remembered reading that JeM was at Home Depot and has a receipt from there. A store as big as that must have video cameras. They should be able to verify if JeM was or was not there, and at what time.

Respectfully snipped.

The 3:04pm time stamped receipt is from SIL JeM's visit to Home Depot. I'm sure LE checked video survellience for everyone in question as they were looking to establish and corroborate alibi's.

Again, I can only imagine that the police questioned the housekeeper about all this. For some reason LE is not revealing what they know. They must have their reasons.

My guess is the Home Depot video showed JeM in the store for only a few minutes forcing JeM to change the time of leaving Mr. Harrod's house to 2:40pm. The time-stamped receipt was for 3:04pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKP