CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being an older individual, not as old as Bob though, if I were to pass away I'd like for my husband to find someone who would share the rest of his days with in peace. I would not want children from either side to interfere as we each have children separately. If I was worried that my children would be left out it would be clear to them in advance what they were to receive or not to receive. This is about greed. Pure and simple. The new Mrs. doesn't have that many years..the money is not that important to her. It is to the children. What difference is lots of money at that age? His new wife loved him, not his bank account.

:welcome:

Welcome to WS PeteJ and thank you for dropping in and posting in Bobs thread. I agree this is about greed. I tend to believe Bob and his first wife took care of what the 'children' were to receive and what was to be left to the surviving spouse. Sadly, I fear what was to be left per both Bob and Georgia simply was not satisfactory to these children. Dad "Bob" was getting up there in the years, had he not married it would have all been theirs in a few years. I fear the costs of a new wife sharing into what belonged to Bob caused much strife and either led to a plan to ensure he could not add his new bride to his estate. Or the heated argument from Sunday carried over into Monday, still heated, and someone lost their temper. That is another reason I find it so bizzare the odd jobs and handy man jobs which occured that day in Bobs home are still a mystery.

JMO of course and it saddens me deeply that Mr. Harrod was not respected the happiness he wished for in his final years.

Someone(s) knows, and I pray that someone(s) has enough of a conscience to come forward.

Does anyone know if any of the daughters or SIL are employed? When Mr. Harrod disappeared only one daughter was working, IIRC. I believe she has since stopped working.

Do we have any information on the employment status of any of the others ?

Daughter J states her father disappears around noon or 1 pm.

Reporter: “J says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

J: “My dad was gone.”

Reporter: “What time?”

J: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/...9354&src=front

This article has her husband JeM telling PPD he left for the HD at 2:40pm.

"About 9:30 a.m., Bob's son-in-law JeM arrived to help get the house ready. JeM told police that he worked at the home, then went to Home Depot about 2:40 p.m. to buy supplies. When he returned about 3:30 p.m., Bob's housekeeper was sitting on the front stoop because no one had answered the door. JeM let himself in the back door and the housekeeper followed and cleaned."

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/2

Daughter J states her father disappears around noon or 1 pm.

Reporter: “J says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

J: “My dad was gone.”

Reporter: “What time?”

J: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/...9354&src=front

This article has her husband JeM telling PPD he left for the HD at 2:40pm.

"About 9:30 a.m., Bob's son-in-law Jeff Michaels arrived to help get the house ready.Michaels told police that he worked at the home, then went to Home Depot about 2:40 p.m. to buy supplies. When he returned about 3:30 p.m., Bob's housekeeper was sitting on the front stoop because no one had answered the door. Michaels let himself in the back door and the housekeeper followed and cleaned."

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/2

You know what? I don't buy it. I dont buy an hour and forty minute difference (and I am being generous here) When something this important happens, such as a relative's disappearance, you think hard and you arrive at a relatively timely accounting. IMO this was scrambling to fit the time-stamped receipt!

Yes, there you go. Let's see if we can find some evidence of someone taking and/or passing a LDT. So often you will be able to find information on that in cases. Let's see what we can find here!

We know daughter RB posted that she wanted to take one, yet with all her postings on the WWW she has never mentioned if she did indeed take one.

We know that there were some family members that refused.

Respectfully shortened.

Interesting choice of wording by LE imo.
Interesting to note LE did *not* say both had solid alibi's. That tells me only one of the two persons LE was refering to has a solid alibi.

jmo

They have worked to nail down alibis for the people around him. The younger woman with whom Bob had a friendship has a solid alibi. JeM, reportedly the last person to have seen Bob, has receipts verifying he was at Home Depot around the time he said he was, police say."

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb...d3-2010feb03/2

Those time stamped receipts would explain the change in the timeline.

Daughter PB:

I was under the assumption that you could not file a missing persons report for 24 hours, even though they were contacted approximately 8-9 hours later. We have since found out that is NOT true and "F" filed a report from her daughter's home in Kansas.

There was a report that my BIL saw the type of car that the POI drives go by my Dad's house very slowly and then pull over on the wrong side of the street.

Daughter PB posted the above on August 11, 2009. Strange choice of wording, "there was a report."

No one responded to RB's cryptic post regarding the car "lurking" in the neighborhood, so the next day PB brings it up again. Again she tells the readers that her BIL, JeM, saw the hairdresser's vehicle in Mr. Harrod's neighborhood.

Daughter PB:

Not aware of how many trips BIL made out, but feel that POI was lurking in the neighborhood or at least someone using her car. Maybe he promised to give her more money for the last time? This is all SPECULTION on my part. Heard from BIL that a car matching the description of hers was seen earlier that morning.

If she heard from BIL why didn't she ask the questions about the handy work and clarify the time line? Two plus years later and still no clear answers to the basic questions that are imperative to answers regarding Bobs disappearance. And Bobs CA family still can not clear themselves.

jmo

Again she tells the readers that her BIL, JeM, saw the hairdresser's vehicle in Mr. Harrod's neighborhood.

Note also that she writes that she "Heard from BiL". So I guess they spoke directly about that day?

Note also that she writes that she "Heard from BiL". So I guess they spoke directly about that day?

Unless she overheard him in the background when speaking to someone else on the phone, similar to when she supposedly heard him in the background saying he was going to the hardware store, while supposedly talking to Bob the day he disappeared.

My vote is that PB spoke with her BIL post disappearance. Undoubtedly she included that in her statement to LE. Perhaps SHE knows what the little jobs were that werent important enough to finish.

Court Records Update - Bob’s grandson’s name replaced by me with initials.

Case Number : 30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJC
Category/Case Type : PROBATE / TRUST PROCEEDINGS

Register of Actions:
OPPOSITION FILED BY [AH] ON 08/18/2011
DECLARATION IN OPPOSITION FILED BY [AH] ON 08/18/2011

http://www.occourts.org/online-services/case-access/

Do you think he is opposed to the trust case? He is going to have to stand in line, lol.

What a shame APS did not investigate Bobs daughters and CA family. Or perhaps they have been in conjunction with both the civil and criminal cases once they dropped the false allegations...

time will tell, as it tells all.

JMO

On August 22, 2009 daughter JuM posted the following:

My father is still missing. I am on a roller-coaster of emotions. My sisters, Jeff and I are still in brainstorming mode as to where he might have gone or who with. My emotions are surfacing as I have been trying to stay strong through this nightmare; it is the "not knowing" that is causing much anxiety and panic attacks. Please pray for peace of mind for all of us. Please pray that my father is off somewhere and will return. Thank you all for your support.

According to JuM they are all in "brainstorming" mode. Part of brainstorming would be going over every little detail of what occurred on July 27, 2009. One of the most important details would be the timeline. Another would be the "odd jobs", "small projects", etc. that JeM claims were going on during the last hours Mr. Harrod was seen alive.

Yet here we are over two years later with no solid timeline and no answers from JeM on what exactly he was doing at Mr. Harrod's house the day Mr. Harrod vanished. More important and IMO very telling, is the fact that some of Mr. Harrod's daughters don't even know the answers to the timeline and "home repairs."

I think there a lot of different ways to look at panic attacks post Bob's disappearance. I wonder if they started when she came dth to change sheets and be interviewed by the media from inside of Bob's house....there is quite a bit of tape from the days following; both from JuM's sit down interview, the arrival of Fontelle etc...

Oh this is great!!!! Of course the bombshell is that PIO Loomis confirms again that this is a homicide investigation. :(

Which makes the chief's statement last week a mystery.

One aspect confuses me-the inclusion in the flyer of a picture of Bob with BL. (She has been badly cropped for sure.) Does anyone else feel that way? I am curious as to the origin of it, but I would have to believe it must have been associated with his daughters since that same photo was included on his FB page.

Here is a snip from the article:

"So far we haven't gotten any real response from the posters, despite the reward," said Michael Clarke, CEO of Archangel Investigations, who began working the case in November 2009"

November 2009? And he billed 3K as of March 2011, iirc? It is included in some hearing notes...the girl's attorney told the judge that he had been paid around 3K.

That is not a lot of activity, all due respect to PI Clarke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018