CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM~~~~

On paper they were legally married, but from reading here it appears that much of that time they were not together. But even if they were, I'd still consider it a 'quickie' wedding.

Only because the daughters didn't allow it.
What we don't know is if Fontelle removed anything from the house.

Unless Fontelle makes a public statement about this, or we hear it during a trial of some sort, we will never know.

BBM~~~~

IMO it is the other way around. It is the daughters that want total control of Mr. Harrod's assets, not Fontelle.

"Fontelle waits for answers in Bob's home. His daughters stopped talking to her soon after their father disappeared. RB and PB have filed a claim in probate court for control of Bob's estate."

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/2

If an elderly man and woman marry, and the man dies of natural causes after less than a month, would the company carrying his life insurance refuse to pay out? Would they say "Oh, no, you've only been married to him for 29 days. That isn't long enough. You aren't REALLY married because you haven't experienced life together."
I don't think so.
Would his children try to convince the life insurance company that the marriage wasn't truly real, and that they should get the pay out instead of the man's wife? Perhaps. But perhaps even worse, if the man had not changed his life insurance policy to list his wife, and if his children were still listed as the beneficiaries, the life insurance company's hands would be tied, I think. At that point, it would be up to the courts, or up to the kindness and generosity of the children.

I realize some people would feel better about the whole thing if Bob disappeared after they'd been married a year or two. Then they'd feel the commitment made by BH and FH was "real."
I believe that BH and FH are the only ones who can tell us how real their commitment and love was. And we have BH's words on video.
Who are we, or who is anyone to judge the depth of their commitment or their intentions? This is a tragedy, on so many levels. Most importantly, BH's wife was not tendered with the respect and compassion he probably would have wished for.

I am not trying to offend anyone, but the whole concept of a quickie marriage and the girls stopping Fontelle from grabbing all of Bob's assets wears on me.

When has she requested to have control of the estate? Perhaps the misunderstanding is her filing to request a third party administer it. Is that where everyones confusion is?

Why would she have a hand in a disappearance that occured before he added her to his estate, as he planned to do?

These people are elderly-in Bob's case substantially elderly. It boggles my mind that anyone would begrudge him what he stated in his own words was a chance at happieness with the woman he could and would never forget.

Fontelle may, or may not, be happier. I said nothing to that effect. I do think she's greedy and has taken advantage of a 7 day, quickie marriage. She has no concern for the daughters who had a relationship with both their parents for 50 years. I wonder how she would feel if her son had married someone, and 7 days later he was missing and his new wife was taking over all his assets.

The fact that the marriage was only seven days was not the choice of Fontelle or Bob. Someone(s) cruelly made that choice for them.

The fact that the marriage was only seven days was not the choice of Fontelle or Bob. Someone(s) cruelly made that choice for them.

Thank you! They were both hoping to have whatever years they had left to be together.

That generation really believes in marriage, I am SO not surprised that they wedded the way they did. Just watch that video (like I have, again and again) Watch Bob choke up when he talks about his new-found love. There is no way he was "agenda-ed" into that marriage. He was as excited as she was.To whoever took their remaining days together away...the clock is ticking.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/videob...ont&title=KTLA

Were you the motivation for Bob's case being presented DPM?? Great job getting a little local publicity for him. :)

Isnt Chief Hicks the newly appointed Chief in Placentia?

No, can't say it was me..Friend says it was community wanting answers..Not sure when Chief of Police Hicks took over. I really haven't kept up since Mayor changed to Scott Nelson. The City of Placentia also has an update on the front page of their website..Bob has not been forgotten!!

http://placentia.org/

When they came into the home shared by their parent's with a list of what mediation said they could have..HALF of it was already gone. The good jewelry was missing, while costume jewely was left behind. Expensive figurines missing and odd and end trinkets left standing. Fontelle knew what she was doing. Greed has no age!

Respectfully snipped. Considering that these are such strong allegations, I've kept searching through legal records and media reports to find some corroboration. Where does this information come from?

I guess I'd also like to know what you're saying with this, and how it has anything to do with Bob's disappearance/murder, but more to the point: where did you learn this information?

Respectfully snipped. Considering that these are such strong allegations, I've kept searching through legal records and media reports to find some corroboration. Where does this information come from?

I guess I'd also like to know what you're saying with this, and how it has anything to do with Bob's disappearance/murder, but more to the point: where did you learn this information?

When you divulge your information..I will divulge mine.. Like stuffing Bob into a Buffet Case?? Finding a picture of a truck at a car dealership similar to the one JeM drove and showing How Bob could be stuffed into the bed of the truck after being murdered by JeM?? Rolling Bob up into a carpet to get him out of his home? Ahhh, come on!

When you divulge your information..I will divulge mine.. Like stuffing Bob into a Buffet Case?? Finding a picture of a truck at a car dealership similar to the one JeM drove and showing How Bob could be stuffed into the bed of the truck after being murdered by JeM?? Rolling Bob up into a carpet to get him out of his home? Ahhh, come on!

Ahhh, come on Dolly. What you posted above, the carpet, truck, etc. are theories. Your previous post was very specific. You were not posting a theory or opinion. You posted:

This thread would be doing their best to find out why this young woman came out of nowhere, married a man after 7 days, living high on the hog, fighting the daughters tooth and nail for everything that should belong to them due to THEIR father being missing! The daughters just wanted what was theirs. When they came into the home shared by their parent's with a list of what mediation said they could have..HALF of it was already gone. The good jewelry was missing, while costume jewely was left behind. Expensive figurines missing and odd and end trinkets left standing. Fontelle knew what she was doing. Greed has no age!

How do you know that half of the items were already gone?

Ahhh, come on Dolly. What you posted above, the carpet, truck, etc. are theories. Your previous post was very specific. You were not posting a theory or opinion. You posted:

How do you know that half of the items were already gone?

Sorry, I guess I should have posted it was my theory and opinion..Call me psychic!

Sorry, I guess I should have posted it was my theory and opinion..Call me psychic!

I *think* you are being flip Dolly, but you know Tricia's position on psychics here at WS, lol.

As to recatagorizing your statement as a theory, jmvho but your were pretty specific.

Ah well, moving on... :)

No, can't say it was me..Friend says it was community wanting answers..Not sure when Chief of Police Hicks took over. I really haven't kept up since Mayor changed to Scott Nelson. The City of Placentia also has an update on the front page of their website..Bob has not been forgotten!!http://placentia.org/

BBM

The most important thing!

When you divulge your information..I will divulge mine..

Respectfully snipped, and putting aside some confusion about what 'information' or 'facts' are versus what 'opinion' is. (And for the record, you are also welcome to read my posts. I've never offered any information *or opinion* on curios cabinets or carpets, while I do think that the information presented about how it would be possible to store a body in a particular model of truck does lend credence to an opinion.)

Please note that in this post you are referring to what you have disclosed above regarding missing valuables as 'information'. You were not presenting it as opinion. So let's not dance around.

As for 'my information', or what I think you might mean, the source(s) of information presented in Bob's threads, I would refer you to the following:

CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

So, now what is the source of your information, specifically this: "When they came into the home shared by their parent's with a list of what mediation said they could have..HALF of it was already gone. The good jewelry was missing, while costume jewely was left behind. Expensive figurines missing and odd and end trinkets left standing."

Respectfully snipped, and putting aside some confusion about what 'information' or 'facts' are versus what 'opinion' is. (And for the record, you are also welcome to read my posts. I've never offered any information *or opinion* on curios cabinets or carpets, while I do think that the information presented about how it would be possible to store a body in a particular model of truck does lend credence to an opinion.)

Please note that in this post you are referring to what you have disclosed above regarding missing valuables as 'information'. You were not presenting it as opinion. So let's not dance around.

As for 'my information', or what I think you might mean, the source(s) of information presented in Bob's threads, I would refer you to the following:

CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

So, now what is the source of your information, specifically this: "When they came into the home shared by their parent's with a list of what mediation said they could have..HALF of it was already gone. The good jewelry was missing, while costume jewely was left behind. Expensive figurines missing and odd and end trinkets left standing."

Good post!

Where is the link to back up this information you posted as fact Dolly?

Has anyone linked the TOS info regarding Tricia's rules on psychics? This might be a good time for the mods to add it as a reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14