CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have one question..If Fontelle was in her 30's would you all still be willing to embrace her with open arms? I think not! This thread would be doing their best to find out why this young woman came out of nowhere, married a man after 7 days, living high on the hog, fighting the daughters tooth and nail for everything that should belong to them due to THEIR father being missing! The daughters just wanted what was theirs. When they came into the home shared by their parent's with a list of what mediation said they could have..HALF of it was already gone. The good jewelry was missing, while costume jewely was left behind. Expensive figurines missing and odd and end trinkets left standing. Fontelle knew what she was doing. Greed has no age!

I wish I knew what happened to Bob. W/S has always been in the habit of getting to the bottom and investigating. NOT finding fault in whom I think to be victims on every single page.

Respectfully, This thread is not about whether or not Bob had the right to marry, or who he chose to marry. Fontelle is not 30. She did not come out of nowhere. She and Bob fell in love once 6 decades prior to reuniting and fell in love again.

There is NO EVIDENCE good jewelry was missing. The mediation is documented. The items which the daughters asked for AND RECEIVED through mediation was video taped and witnessed by impartial 3rd parties. The memorabilia list is 79 lines long with several lines having multiple items and includes the request to go through the house to add MORE items they couldn't remember. It includes the kitchen cabinet!

I have been gone awhile (before Radomski) so it was the detective that was handling the case prior. I had spoken to him regarding another HD in the area but was assured she was not the one. He also assured me the family were not suspects at that time. Obviously, I have been away a long time and have not seen these new documents nor do I care to because as I have always stated, I believe in the daughters!

It's difficult to make a fair assesment of a situation if you chose not/refuse (your words, not mine) to look at all the documentation available. If you can come up with some kind of court documentation or something to substantiate ANY truth to the claims 'good' jewelry was missing or more than half of the items agreed to via mediation were missing, I'd be very happy to read it.

I'm a little lost Dolly. Bobs daughters have said many horrible things about their father and I am very confused on how you can support that kind of behavior. Especially when Bob - the victim here - is unable to speak for himself and refute any of the deplorable comments Bobs daughters have made about him.

You said, "The daughters just wanted what was theirs". Theirs or Bobs? Sadly, this greed is what led to his disappearance.

JMO

I am going to let these posts stand, but I want to reiterate that at WS you own your words. Alleging that there was theft with no documented proof is a serious allegation and I am looking forward to a link of some kind that supports this statement.

You may disagree with the conclusions being drawn by many here and all points of view are welcome, however the sleuthers here have done a good job of linking their thoughts and opinions to documents, MSM reports and the words of the daughters on the WWW.

The same process should be followed for statements such as the above.

I just have one question..If Fontelle was in her 30's would you all still be willing to embrace her with open arms? I think not! This thread would be doing their best to find out why this young woman came out of nowhere, married a man after 7 days, living high on the hog, fighting the daughters tooth and nail for everything that should belong to them due to THEIR father being missing! The daughters just wanted what was theirs. When they came into the home shared by their parent's with a list of what mediation said they could have..HALF of it was already gone. The good jewelry was missing, while costume jewely was left behind. Expensive figurines missing and odd and end trinkets left standing. Fontelle knew what she was doing. Greed has no age!

I wish I knew what happened to Bob. W/S has always been in the habit of getting to the bottom and investigating. NOT finding fault in whom I think to be victims on every single page.

Dolly, I have attached a link to the list of items the daughters requested from Mr. Harrod's home. You state that half of the items were missing when the daughters came to the house with a truck to retrieve them. Could you tell us which items from their long list were missing. Thanks

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bob Harrod-Documents No discussion

(snipped...)

The no contest clause in the trust documents-that is where things are interesting as far as I am concerned.

I just Googled the "no contest clause" for a trust document in California. Basically it means beneficiaries cannot change or contest the trust.

I'm just curious, the court has set up daughters P and R as conservators and we read the list of household items that included all 3 daughters on it. My question is, are all Bob's relatives listed as beneficiaries? Bob has a sister, grandson and grandchildren, were they included as beneficiaries? Hopefully Bob didn't add the barber lady!

I'd like to add. Mediation is just that, an attempt to come to a mutual agreement between both sides. Both sides agreed to the amount of spousal support. Both sides agreed to what 'memorabilia' items were to be picked up by Bobs daughters. Both sides had the opportunity to go before a judge if the two sides had NOT come to an agreement. Bobs daughters AGREED to both the spousal support amount and the items on the memorablia list. If they did not, they should have allowed a judge to make that decision for them, or pled their case to a judge.

I'd like to add. Mediation is just that, an attempt to come to a mutual agreement between both sides. Both sides agreed to the amount of spousal support. Both sides agreed to what 'memorabilia' items were to be picked up by Bobs daughters. Both sides had the opportunity to go before a judge if the two sides had NOT come to an agreement. Bobs daughters AGREED to both the spousal support amount and the items on the memorablia list. If they did not, they should have allowed a judge to make that decision for them, or pled their case to a judge.

LOL well there you go. They all agreed so moving on :)

BBM

Fontelle is not in her 30's so that is a moot point. The whole point of their relationship is that are the loves of each other's lives and were able to be together again after 60+ years.

Living high on the hog? huh?

"The daughters just wanted what was theirs" And there lies the crux of this whole thing (IMO). It was NOT theirs. It was BOB'S. And BOB's choice to do what he wanted with any and everything. When BOB made it known that HIS choice was to share with HIS WIFE, he disappeared. With no evidence that he is dead, the daughters made a beeline to "get what was theirs," even though he could return at any moment, and even if he did not return, they went against HIS wishes to share with his wife.

And, if I may add, he did not want to see his daughters even before Fontelle came back in his life. So Fontelle is not the cause of this, IMHO.

I've never considered Persons of Interest in a Homicide investigation to be victims. PDF pg 6 of court document in the below linked post.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bob Harrod-Documents No discussion

(snip)
Even though a homicide investigation by the Placentia Police Department remains open and Jeff Michaels (son-in-law), Julie Michaels (youngest daughter), Andrew Harrod (grandson), and Petitioners Roberta Brady and Paula Borcher all remain persons of interest, Petitioners and Objector agreed to proceed through mediation before the Honorable Arnold Gold on March 25th, 2010.

When they came into the home shared by their parent's with a list of what mediation said they could have..HALF of it was already gone. The good jewelry was missing, while costume jewely was left behind. Expensive figurines missing and odd and end trinkets left standing. Fontelle knew what she was doing. Greed has no age!

Respectfully snipped.

Do you have a source? I have scoured what is available in MSM and via FOIA, but I have not seen anything to substantiate what you have written.

I think it's important that we are careful about the sorts of allegations we swing around, just as much as it is important that we remember that we own our words.

I guess I just can't imagine that you'd implicate an older lady without some reason. Please prove me wrong and show us how you know that she has, if I read you right, stolen from Bob.

I must confess that I'm also curious about what this story has to do with Bob's disappearance. Or are you just implicating Fontelle in some sort of crime of opportunity?

I just have one question. If Fontelle was in her 30's would you all still be willing to embrace her with open arms? I think not! This thread would be doing their best to find out why this young woman came out of nowhere, married a man after 7 days, living high on the hog, fighting the daughters tooth and nail for everything that should belong to them due to THEIR father being missing! {SNIP}
Greed has no age!
Good point, Dolly. Though I don't think Fontelle was responsible for Bob's disappearance, she has certainly taken advantage of the situation. I think she would feel very differently if Bob had moved in with her, and after 7 days laid claim to everything she owned. I'm sure her family would be furious and, IMO, would have every right to be.

Bob and his daughters were having problems like all families do. I believe he was lashing out and trying to hurt them by saying that he would be sharing things with Fontelle. If he didn't go missing, in due time he probably would have re-thought his rash decision.

Some family members may be POI, but they are still legally not guilty of anything regarding Bob. If LE does bring one or more of them to court, I'm sure much more information will come out.

And I am one of the folks anxiously waiting for more information to come out, as there has to be more.

When folks go out of their way to make themselves look bad, there has to be more involved here.

Justice for Bob.

Good point, Dolly. Though I don't think Fontelle was responsible for Bob's disappearance, she has certainly taken advantage of the situation.

What situation? Her husband being murdered, as appears to be the case? If so, in what way has she taken advantage? Do you really think that she is happier in a house in California with a murdered husband? Keeping in mind Fontelle's age, and (personally) praying that she doesn't read this stuff, how do you figure she could be happier for this? Her husband has been murdered.

What situation? Her husband being murdered, as appears to be the case? If so, in what way has she taken advantage? Do you really think that she is happier in a house in California with a murdered husband? Keeping in mind Fontelle's age, and (personally) praying that she doesn't read this stuff, how do you figure she could be happier for this? Her husband has been murdered.

Fontelle may, or may not, be happier. I said nothing to that effect. I do think she's greedy and has taken advantage of a 7 day, quickie marriage. She has no concern for the daughters who had a relationship with both their parents for 50 years. I wonder how she would feel if her son had married someone, and 7 days later he was missing and his new wife was taking over all his assets.

Good point, Dolly. Though I don't think Fontelle was responsible for Bob's disappearance, she has certainly taken advantage of the situation. I think she would feel very differently if Bob had moved in with her, and after 7 days laid claim to everything she owned. I'm sure her family would be furious and, IMO, would have every right to be.

Bob and his daughters were having problems like all families do. I believe he was lashing out and trying to hurt them by saying that he would be sharing things with Fontelle. If he didn't go missing, in due time he probably would have re-thought his rash decision.

Some family members may be POI, but they are still legally not guilty of anything regarding Bob. If LE does bring one or more of them to court, I'm sure much more information will come out.

How is Fontelle taking advantage of the situation? She is staying in Ca. until her husband is found.

Why would sharing things with Fontelle mean that Mr. Harrod was "lashing out" at his daughters. It was HIS money. Fontelle is his wife. Why wouldn't he share things?

What do you believe is Mr. Harrod's "rash" decision?

When you love someone you can not just get on with your life if they go missing. You look for answers.

IMO, the daughters thought Fontelle would turn around and high-tail it back to Missouri when Mr. Harrod disappeared. If she had, there would be no one remaining in Ca. trying to find out what happened to Mr. Harrod.

"Fontelle Harrod said several days after Bob Harrod disappeared, his three daughters came to his house where Fontelle was staying and told her she wasn't entitled to any of their father's assets.

According to records from Orange County Probate Court, Brady and Borcher filed a petition for conservatorship to gain control of their father's assets Aug. 7."

http://www2.ocregister.com/articles/harrod-bob-police-2598739-fontelle-michaels

(RB Aug. 2009) "Our family wanted to be charitible by allowing Fontelle to temporarily stay in our parents' home, until we know more. The home has to be maintained as a part of OUR parents' family trust. All our Dad's attorney confirmed is that Dad had NOT amended his half of the trust to include his new wife of less than a month."

When all three daughters started posting on IS shortly after Mr. Harrod disappeared there was one reply to daughter RB from someone who knew Fontelle. Look at the difference in the tone of their post.

(Shawnee Sis Aug. 2009)

"Calif Native; You are not alone in the pain and confusion you are experiencing. However, I detect a bit of animosity toward Fontelle's family from you. Please consider the pain and sadness they are feeling for YOU regarding the disappearance of your father. I am a close friend of Fontelle and Leisa and am sharing their concern and grief over what has happened. None of us ever could have imagined the astonishing events that have occurred over the last few weeks. We were excited and giddy over Fontelle re-uniting with Bob, we all thought it was a sweet fairy tale. But the absolute horror that ALL of you are living through right now is incomprehensible. All of Fontelle & Leisas family, friends, and co-workers have been praying for the safe return of your father, Fontelles husband. Please know that Fontelle and family are very good, upstanding, well respected people in our community. There are few people as kind and considerate as they are. And please also consider the accusatory remarks you have sometimes posted, (while I understand that your are very distraught) please consider who else is viewing your somewhat harsh comments. Have you thought that perhaps Leisa or her brother have viewed your posts lately? Some of them are not as kind as would be considered appropriate. Even if they are strangers to you and your siblings, Fontelle is not a stranger to Bob and he trusted her when they were young and continues to trust her today as his new wife. After all the main objective is not to pass judgement on anyone here but to try to find your father and return him to the his family (old and new) who love him the most. I will continue to pray for his good health and safe return."

Fontelle may, or may not, be happier. I said nothing to that effect. I do think she's greedy and has taken advantage of a 7 day, quickie marriage. She has no concern for the daughters who had a relationship with both their parents for 50 years. I wonder how she would feel if her son had married someone, and 7 days later he was missing and his new wife was taking over all his assets.

BBM~~~~

Mr. Harrod and Fontelle were married June 29, 2009. Mr. Harrod disappeared July 27, 2009.

Fontelle has not taken over all of Mr. Harrod's assets.

I wonder if Mr. Harrod confided in Fontelle regarding any problems he may have had with his children.

(RB Aug. 2009) "And, I'm not saying that F is involved but I know that is the only part of the investigation that they are NOT TELLING US anything about. Fingers were being pointed at family and also the "black widow" but it seems they may have almost exhausted those avenues and still have not given up on the "cold feet" theory."

So, RB is not saying Fontelle is involved but then goes on to post on the WWW that the only part of the investigation the PPD will not tell her about involves Fontelle. That's some insinuation!

The "Black Widow" RB is referring to is the hairdresser. So early on RB knew PPD had pretty much ruled out the hairdresser.

Why would sharing things with Fontelle mean that Mr. Harrod was "lashing out" at his daughters.
The daughters did admit to an argument the night before the disappearance. And they hadn't been getting along for several months before that. Since Bob hadn't told his daughters about the marriage before it happened, I can imagine that he was still angry with them. I'm sure all of those involved said some very hurtful things to one another. Why would Bob say anything about changing his will to include Fontelle at that time? What would be the point other than to hurt his daughters?

What do you believe is Mr. Harrod's "rash" decision?
I would consider it rash for anyone, of any age, to rush into marriage after such a short courtship. Talking on the phone is nothing like living with someone 24/7. And Bob did say that when he asked Fontelle what he could do to keep her around, she said, "Marriage". IMO, she had an agenda from the get go.

When you love someone you can not just get on with your life if they go missing. You look for answers.
Do you know what either the daughters or Fontelle are doing to "look for answers'? Are they each running a FB page? Pushing for media attention?

"Fontelle Harrod said several days after Bob Harrod disappeared, his three daughters came to his house where Fontelle was staying and told her she wasn't entitled to any of their father's assets.
Do the daughters corroborate this?

All our Dad's attorney confirmed is that Dad had NOT amended his half of the trust to include his new wife of less than a month."
If Bob hadn't amended the Trust, I would imagine whatever it did say would be binding. Has that been made public? Or is that what they're all going to court about in a few months?

Although the daughters and their families are considered POI, I still don't think the hairdresser's family should be ruled out. They had a LOT to lose because of Bob's marriage. I think Bob was given that cell phone so they could keep tabs on him. Could they have been watching the house? When the SIL left for the hardware store maybe they thought he had left for the day.

It's too bad none of the neighbors saw any vehicles. That could tell us a lot about who was there and for how long.

BBM~~~~

Mr. Harrod and Fontelle were married June 29, 2009. Mr. Harrod disappeared July 27, 2009.
On paper they were legally married, but from reading here it appears that much of that time they were not together. But even if they were, I'd still consider it a 'quickie' wedding.

Fontelle has not taken over all of Mr. Harrod's assets.
Only because the daughters didn't allow it. What we don't know is if Fontelle removed anything from the house.

I wonder if Mr. Harrod confided in Fontelle regarding any problems he may have had with his children.
Unless Fontelle makes a public statement about this, or we hear it during a trial of some sort, we will never know.

The daughters did admit to an argument the night before the disappearance. And they hadn't been getting along for several months before that. Since Bob hadn't told his daughters about the marriage before it happened, I can imagine that he was still angry with them. I'm sure all of those involved said some very hurtful things to one another. Why would Bob say anything about changing his will to include Fontelle at that time? What would be the point other than to hurt his daughters?

I would consider it rash for anyone, of any age, to rush into marriage after such a short courtship. Talking on the phone is nothing like living with someone 24/7. And Bob did say that when he asked Fontelle what he could do to keep her around, she said, "Marriage". IMO, she had an agenda from the get go.

Do you know what either the daughters or Fontelle are doing to "look for answers'? Are they each running a FB page? Pushing for media attention?

Do the daughters corroborate this?

If Bob hadn't amended the Trust, I would imagine whatever it did say would be binding. Has that been made public? Or is that what they're all going to court about in a few months?

Although the daughters and their families are considered POI, I still don't think the hairdresser's family should be ruled out. They had a LOT to lose because of Bob's marriage. I think Bob was given that cell phone so they could keep tabs on him. Could they have been watching the house? When the SIL left for the hardware store maybe they thought he had left for the day.

It's too bad none of the neighbors saw any vehicles. That could tell us a lot about who was there and for how long.

Actually Mr. Harrod did tell at least one of his daughters that he planned to marry Fontelle. He did that during a phone call on July 27, 2009.

Perhaps Mr. Harrod and his daughters were estranged due to the daughters constant demands for money. Maybe during the meeting on July 27th Mr. Harrod was honest with his daughters if they asked about changes to the estate now that he had remarried.

When you read some of the articles already written you will see that Fontelle is the only one willing to be interviewed.

Yes, the daughters have admitted telling Fontelle to get out of the house. This was within a few days of Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

I don't consider it a rash decision to marry. They knew they wanted to spend whatever time they had left together. Why waste time when you are in you seventies and eighties.

Many people do come to realize that money cannot buy happiness. It is the simple things in life that make these people happy. Others die never knowing true happiness.

""We're always holding hands," she said, her hand wrapped securely in Bob's. "We walk across the street holding hands and people look at us, but they don't know what they're missing."

http://www2.ocregister.com/articles/fontelle-bob-years-2485710-couple-love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member