CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the cleaning woman and HD receipts are the reason JeM was forced to change his timeline. We know the original time JuM and JeM gave Fontelle the night of July 27th was 11am. Later the time moves all the way to 2:40pm. The Home Depot receipt was for 3:04pm.

Also, remember daughter PB claimed to be on the phone with her father between 11am and 12 noon on the 27th. PB says she heard JeM state he was going to the hardware store. Is it believable that JeM did not leave for the hardware store until three hours later?

I wonder how SIL explained to LE, having his wife tell Fontelle Bob was last seen at 11:00 am and then telling LE he last saw Bob when he left for HD several hours later.

I wonder how he explained to his wife he last saw her dad at 11:00 am and later changed his story to last seeing him about 2:30pm.

There is a mediation set up for Sept 9 in preparation for the October trial. I would think that there have been a number of depositions taken on both sides as well as interogatories being sent back and forth. We have seen a few motions to compel and I will be interested to see the minutes from any of the hearings as the case progresses.

I wonder how SIL explained to LE, having his wife tell Fontelle Bob was last seen at 11:00 am and then telling LE he last saw Bob when he left for HD several hours later.

I wonder how he explained to his wife he last saw her dad at 11:00 am and later changed his story to last seeing him about 2:30pm.

...and we're not talking a few minutes here...we are talking HOURS!

While we are waiting for news, I am putting a document thread together so some of our newer folk to the threads will have easier access. It is a work in progress and there are more to add, but this should be enough to start you out:

Bob Harrod Document Thread

07-26-2010, 12:49 PM
CA Exile
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2010

8. I do not know R or P. I only know J. I have tried repeatedly and left messages over the past year. I have never heard back from her.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have more, don't be afraid to ask.

~SNIPPED~

I would like to highlight what PE, a good friend of Mr. Harrod's, posted last year.

After Mr. Harrod disappeared PE tried repeatedly to get in touch with JuM, Mr. Harrod's daughter. He never heard back from her. Yet we know JuM had all the time in the world to post her drivel on ROTW.

Wouldn't contacting one of their father's good friends be the logical thing to do. Most people in their situation would have made the contact first, before the friend had a chance to get in touch with them. Not only did Mr. Harrod's daughters NOT try to contact PE, but JuM did not even return his calls when he tried to contact them.

On Aug. 2, 2009, just a few days after Mr. Harrod disappeared, daughter JuM posted the following:

"I have handed this to God; today I am at peace I have faith that whatever has happened to my father the answers will come soon. When he shows up at his home, he has got some explaining to do! Then he will have to deal with each of us kicking his butt. I just have to believe he will return."

How can she have faith the answers will come when neither she nor her sisters are doing anything productive to find Mr. Harrod, which would include contacting PE.

~SNIPPED~

I would like to highlight what PE, a good friend of Mr. Harrod's, posted last year.

After Mr. Harrod disappeared PE tried repeatedly to get in touch with JuM, Mr. Harrod's daughter. He never heard back from her. Yet we know JuM had all the time in the world to post her drivel on ROTW.

Wouldn't contacting one of their father's good friends be the logical thing to do. Most people in their situation would have made the contact first, before the friend had a chance to get in touch with them. Not only did Mr. Harrod's daughters NOT try to contact PE, but JuM did not even return his calls when he tried to contact them.

On Aug. 2, 2009, just a few days after Mr. Harrod disappeared, daughter JuM posted the following:

"I have handed this to God; today I am at peace I have faith that whatever has happened to my father the answers will come soon. When he shows up at his home, he has got some explaining to do! Then he will have to deal with each of us kicking his butt. I just have to believe he will return."

How can she have faith the answers will come when neither she nor her sisters are doing anything productive to find Mr. Harrod, which would include contacting PE.

Originally Posted by Angelo
"I need to request positive thoughts and prayers. My father has been missing approx. 28 hours ago. We suspect foul play, but want to remain as positive; his new wife will be arriving with her belongings tomorrow. My father's name is Robert Harrod in Placentia; his new wife Fontelle Heeter-Harrod is just besides herself, please pray for his safe return."

I wonder what caused daughter JuM to go from suspecting foul play to 'kicking her dads butt' when he got home in a mere 5 days. Could this have been when Bobs CA family was notified the hairdresser had a solid alibi? Or did she come to that conclusion as a result of her husbands target of a timeline? Or both?

Perhaps Bobs CA family did not contact PE or suggest LE contact PE because they were aware Bob confided in him regarding the family fighting and paying each of his daughters $15,000 to leave him alone for 6 months 5 months prior to Bob and Fontelle reuniting.

jmo

I remember reading the daughters first postings on IS and thinking they sounded like teenagers, not women in their fifties.

Offensive and hatefilled remarks, weren't they? I've never read such offensive remarks online from people claiming to love someone. Now that I think about it, I've never seen anyone do this before offline either. I was surprised it was allowed on the board in the light of Bob being a victim.

Has anyone sent those posts to the law enforcement there? I wish that I'd had the foresight to capture that stuff. I could just kick myself.

I've been in and out for the last week, and hoped to come back here to a resolution. I guess it was too much to expect certain people to kick into high gear, and answer the questions that would help bring Bob home again.

WHERE IS BOB????

I don't know if this can be discussed openly, or not. Bob's very good friend, supposedly good friend, once posted in these threads. Now, he seems closerthanthis with the people possibly responsible for Bob's having gone missing.

What happened that he "turned" on the people of this board? I haven't read anything in these threads that indicated a mob mentality, etc. If we aren't allowed to discuss this, I understand, and won't go further.

BUT lol I'd appreciate if someone could give the lowdown in a PM
:crazy:

Hi, MaryNo!! I think I would rather the close friend answer that one himself. :)

Hi, MaryNo!! I think I would rather the close friend answer that one himself. :)

You're GOOD Believe! LOL I don't see that happening, from the things I've read.

I visit the Facebook page every now and again, and am curious as to how we are to spread the word of Bob's disappearance with the page set to private.

What would happen if a couple of us set up a Facebook page for Bob, and divided up the monitoring of the page? Does this idea grab anyone? If more than one of us had the password, etc. it would be a fair division of labor. I know that one of us could realistically monitor it, but from the appearance of the current page, it must be more work than I imagine! (I mean all those pictures, and advertising of the page that has been happening - the thought almost makes me sweat!)

Anyone game?

Offensive and hatefilled remarks, weren't they? I've never read such offensive remarks online from people claiming to love someone. Now that I think about it, I've never seen anyone do this before offline either. I was surprised it was allowed on the board in the light of Bob being a victim.

Has anyone sent those posts to the law enforcement there? I wish that I'd had the foresight to capture that stuff. I could just kick myself.

I've been in and out for the last week, and hoped to come back here to a resolution. I guess it was too much to expect certain people to kick into high gear, and answer the questions that would help bring Bob home again.

WHERE IS BOB????

I am quite sure PPD are well aware of what the daughters have posted on the WWW. Daughter JeM herself posted the following in August 2009:

"I am guarded with my information as the PPD evidently have prioritized more time to read posts on this site as well as other sites. All the information they requested was given to them as well as bouncing off ideas of what we can do as we are in a state of limbo. Pray for the PPD as they are as frustrated with my father's disappearance as we are."

Setting up a public Facebook is a lovely idea, MaryNo.

You're GOOD Believe! LOL I don't see that happening, from the things I've read.

I visit the Facebook page every now and again, and am curious as to how we are to spread the word of Bob's disappearance with the page set to private.

What would happen if a couple of us set up a Facebook page for Bob, and divided up the monitoring of the page? Does this idea grab anyone? If more than one of us had the password, etc. it would be a fair division of labor. I know that one of us could realistically monitor it, but from the appearance of the current page, it must be more work than I imagine! (I mean all those pictures, and advertising of the page that has been happening - the thought almost makes me sweat!)

Anyone game?

I think it's a terrific idea! (I read here every day, but don't post much.). If I can help, I"d like to.

So does anyone know about how to make a page on Facebook for BH?

What should the title of the page be? My suggestions:
Where is Bob Harrod
Bob Harrod is Still Missing
Bob Harrod, Missing Person

I'm new here and haven't posted much, but I think making a new facebook page for Bob is a great idea. If there's anything I can help with, just let me know.

Does anybody here have any information on any searches (by LE or others) that have been done to find Bob?

ETA: I think "Bob Harrod is Still Missing" is a good title. Here is a link that explains how to set up a missing person page: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=199641646742389

I'm still reading through past posts and find it highly suspect that the hairdresser's son brought Bob a cell phone and showed him how to use it. There's no way I believe the phone was given to Bob out of the goodness of her heart. To me, it's a big red flag. I wonder how much the PPD knows about that phone?

I tried to post last night, and my entire post was wiped out!

Wow! Great response to the Facebook idea! Ok, seems like we should do it :)

I vote for -- Missing: Where is Bob Harrod??

I will create the page if no one else wants to. I don't like being the boss. I do ask if anyone sets up the page, to keep everything public. I'd like to advertise the profile, and some inexpensive ad sites. I hope to have Bob's page and pic seen by a wider variety of people - might jog some memories (???) It's worth a shot to me anyway. I have some friends on Facebook who are from the Placentia area. I'm hoping to get their eyes on the pics as well. If they don't recognize the case, they can send the page around to some of their friends.

I am quite sure PPD are well aware of what the daughters have posted on the WWW. Daughter JeM herself posted the following in August 2009:

"I am guarded with my information as the PPD evidently have prioritized more time to read posts on this site as well as other sites. All the information they requested was given to them as well as bouncing off ideas of what we can do as we are in a state of limbo. Pray for the PPD as they are as frustrated with my father's disappearance as we are."

Thank you for pulling this up. I remember reading something like this "back in the day". However, I am not sure I believe anything posted by those even loosely involved in this case. Would we know who provided law enforcement with the posts? If it were the posters themselves, would they have sent them all - including the Rim Of The World - for them to be compared with each other? To be truthful, I haven't seen all of the Rim posts. I would compare stories myself if I had copies.

I always pray these girls had nothing to do with Bob's disappearance, but I'm not ready to clear any of them from the storyline yet.

I'm still reading through past posts and find it highly suspect that the hairdresser's son brought Bob a cell phone and showed him how to use it. There's no way I believe the phone was given to Bob out of the goodness of her heart. To me, it's a big red flag. I wonder how much the PPD knows about that phone?

What is your theory regarding the phone? Many people in Bob's generation have no knowledge of how to run a cell phone. We had to do all the work on my parents' cell phone, so all they had to do was pick it up and say "hello" for the most part. My sister bought them the cell phone. There are elderly people living around us in condos - I help them with various electronic setups, etc. when they get stuck. Bob loaned them money, it seems fitting that she would give him something in return to enhance his life.

Do you believe it to be a part of what happened the day Bob went missing? It could be a red flag, or a red herring? Which way are you leaing in regards to the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025