CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still reading through past posts and find it highly suspect that the hairdresser's son brought Bob a cell phone and showed him how to use it. There's no way I believe the phone was given to Bob out of the goodness of her heart. To me, it's a big red flag. I wonder how much the PPD knows about that phone?

I understand playing devils advocate and all and looking at all possibilities and I am not saying this because I am dense, and I am not being facetious, but I just cannot understand how anyone can read all of these threads and the MSM reports, and the court filings and the numerous internet postings elsewhere and not come to the absolute (and i do mean absolute) conclusion that his immediate family, new wife excluded, is responsible for this!!! The seal for me was the list of items the daughters wanted from the house. Everything but the kitchen sink!!! I was appalled reading that laundry list of items. And i say items because those were in no way mementos.

Awhile back there was a link to a forum where the daughters are posting and I went there with an open mind but what kept running thru my mind was my mom's favorite phrase "me thinks thou doth protesth too much.". Nothing there about searches or rewards or posters or social media campaigns. I know we all react differently to situations but i am totally sure that if any of our dads that we profess to love so much went missing the last we would be doing is posting about rescuing dogs and hrelping save an online web blog site and stripping his house down to the bare walls. Granted this only proves the loving daughters selfishness and lack of cooth and does not prove murder but given their inaction on every front I feel safe making that leap.

Thanks for indulging my semi rant but this case hits a soft spot for me. If i could have onemore minute with my dear dad I would give anything and everthing I have and yet these women and their families wont lift a ginger to find theirs.

IMHO MOO and all that jazz

oops meant finger not ginger! (love ipad but couldn't figure out how to scoll down on ipad to fix my typos at bottom)!

I tried to post last night, and my entire post was wiped out!

Wow! Great response to the Facebook idea! Ok, seems like we should do it :)

I vote for -- Missing: Where is Bob Harrod??

I will create the page if no one else wants to. I don't like being the boss. I do ask if anyone sets up the page, to keep everything public. I'd like to advertise the profile, and some inexpensive ad sites. I hope to have Bob's page and pic seen by a wider variety of people - might jog some memories (???) It's worth a shot to me anyway. I have some friends on Facebook who are from the Placentia area. I'm hoping to get their eyes on the pics as well. If they don't recognize the case, they can send the page around to some of their friends.

I like your ideas!

I vote for Bob Harrod is Still Missing. I like the idea of his name being first in the title.
Will getting photos for it be a problem?

I'm going through several UID's found in California after Bobs disappearance which originated from MSM articles. And are not or were not originally in NamUs or DoeNetwork.

The following UID's can be ruled out as being a possible match for Bob.
CA CA - Angeles National Forest - Two Skulls, Dec 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

One of the two skulls was determined to belong to a female.
The other was determined to be male, however the age range of this male has been estimated at 25 to 40 years of age, making him too young to be Bob.

There are 6 other cases I am still researching and will update as more information becomes available - such as gender, age range etc.

I understand playing devils advocate and all and looking at all possibilities and I am not saying this because I am dense, and I am not being facetious, but I just cannot understand how anyone can read all of these threads and the MSM reports, and the court filings and the numerous internet postings elsewhere and not come to the absolute (and i do mean absolute) conclusion that his immediate family, new wife excluded, is responsible for this!!! The seal for me was the list of items the daughters wanted from the house. Everything but the kitchen sink!!! I was appalled reading that laundry list of items. And i say items because those were in no way mementos.

Awhile back there was a link to a forum where the daughters are posting and I went there with an open mind but what kept running thru my mind was my mom's favorite phrase "me thinks thou doth protesth too much.". Nothing there about searches or rewards or posters or social media campaigns. I know we all react differently to situations but i am totally sure that if any of our dads that we profess to love so much went missing the last we would be doing is posting about rescuing dogs and hrelping save an online web blog site and stripping his house down to the bare walls. Granted this only proves the loving daughters selfishness and lack of cooth and does not prove murder but given their inaction on every front I feel safe making that leap.

Thanks for indulging my semi rant but this case hits a soft spot for me. If i could have onemore minute with my dear dad I would give anything and everthing I have and yet these women and their families wont lift a ginger to find theirs.

IMHO MOO and all that jazz

BBM~~~~~~

#28 The two safes that belong to Ju and Je Mi~~~'s and contents.

This still makes my jaw drop.

Bob Harrod-Documents No discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm going through several UID's found in California after Bobs disappearance which originated from MSM articles. And are not or were not originally in NamUs or DoeNetwork.

The following UID's can be ruled out as being a possible match for Bob.
CA CA - Angeles National Forest - Two Skulls, Dec 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

One of the two skulls was determined to belong to a female.
The other was determined to be male, however the age range of this male has been estimated at 25 to 40 years of age, making him too young to be Bob.

There are 6 other cases I am still researching and will update as more information becomes available - such as gender, age range etc.

Thanks Cubby!!

BBM~~~~~~

#28 The two safes that belong to Ju and Je Mi~~~'s and contents.

This still makes my jaw drop.

Bob Harrod-Documents No discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I've thought about that list too. It tells me Bobs daughters have no hope/know Bob will not be coming home alive. If they had even the slightest incling he'd be coming home alive they would do everything in their power to ensure he could come back to his home just like he left it. Instead they act like vultures. The same vultures they were when Georgia passed away and likely when she was alive. What torture and anquish Bob must have went through...... :(

Also, as far as the brouhaha over where Fontelle chooses to reside while she waits and pushes for answers to Bobs disappearance. It's pretty simple. It is much easier for her to be in contact with, cooperate with and communicate with PPD from her and Bobs marital home than it is from half way across the country. Despite what kind of spin or what kind of bullying Bobs daughters would like to attempt to strong arm her interest in what hapened to her husband away. There is NO doubt their actions to strong arm anyone with interest in Mr. Harrods disappearance are just that, and they can take to the bank strong arming anyone away will NOT happen with any success.

jmo.

Thanks Cubby!!

You're welcome. It's not too much work. I just need to go through the remaining 6 cases to see if they have been added to NamUs. I don't believe they have ...... and then contact each county ME to see what additional information is available and ensure they are aware of Bobs disappearance. Hopefully the ME's won't be too hard to reach. But those calls have to wait for business hours.

You're welcome. It's not too much work. I just need to go through the remaining 6 cases to see if they have been added to NamUs. I don't believe they have ...... and then contact each county ME to see what additional information is available and ensure they are aware of Bobs disappearance. Hopefully the ME's won't be too hard to reach. But those calls have to wait for business hours.

I thank you as well. Mr Harrod's remains are out there somewhere. He needs to be found.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Finding-Robert-M-Harrod/100000163033261?sk=wall

The FB page is titled, Finding Robert M Harrod (Missing Person).

It should be titled, Why Bother Having a FB Page For Our Father, Huge Waste of Time!

I'm not on FB but I used to be able to read the McStays's FB, but no longer can. Perhaps they are having the same problem as the McStays? See link where I asked another poster about it who seems to have the ability to find more info about them. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6663272&postcount=257

I'm not on FB but I used to be able to read the McStays's FB, but no longer can. Perhaps they are having the same problem as the McStays? See link where I asked another poster about it who seems to have the ability to find more info about them. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6663272&postcount=257

I don't believe the explanation at the link you provided can be applied to Mr. Harrod's FB page.

I don't remember much postings on the FB page that were not made by the daughters. The daughters did the following:

• Changed the Relationship Status from “Married” to “It’s Complicated”
• Posted on the Wall as if from Mr. Harrod: “Robert Harrod” Hi Paul, You are my best friend and I miss you too.
• No link to Bob’s missing flier and/or links to missing persons sites
• Some of Mr. Harrod's “Likes” were links to sites about Sandra Bullock and arresting pedophiles, child molesters, abusers, etc.
• A Wall post Aug 13, 2010 linked to the IS forum with a “Robert Merle Harrod (Missing Person) likes this” with a thumbs up. They are linking to the forum where two of the daughters posted horrible things about their father and his new wife Fontelle.
• Wall post on Aug 15, 2010: “Please help find me and bring me back home” (as if Mr. Harrod is alive and posting)

I've thought about that list too. It tells me Bobs daughters have no hope/know Bob will not be coming home alive. If they had even the slightest incling he'd be coming home alive they would do everything in their power to ensure he could come back to his home just like he left it. Instead they act like vultures. The same vultures they were when Georgia passed away and likely when she was alive. What torture and anquish Bob must have went through...... :(

Also, as far as the brouhaha over where Fontelle chooses to reside while she waits and pushes for answers to Bobs disappearance. It's pretty simple. It is much easier for her to be in contact with, cooperate with and communicate with PPD from her and Bobs marital home than it is from half way across the country. Despite what kind of spin or what kind of bullying Bobs daughters would like to attempt to strong arm her interest in what hapened to her husband away. There is NO doubt their actions to strong arm anyone with interest in Mr. Harrods disappearance are just that, and they can take to the bank strong arming anyone away will NOT happen with any success.

jmo.

BBM~~~~~

Exactly! Let's not forget daughter RB's post back in August 2009:

"Fontelle is staying in our Parents' home and her son is there with her now but, that also means an unfamiliar rental car in HIS driveway and a total stranger in HIS house too. Dad was extremely possessive of HIS and our Mother's "stuff"."

BBM~~~~~

Exactly! Let's not forget daughter RB's post back in August 2009:

"Fontelle is staying in our Parents' home and her son is there with her now but, that also means an unfamiliar rental car in HIS driveway and a total stranger in HIS house too. Dad was extremely possessive of HIS and our Mother's "stuff"."

Sounds like a slip of the tongue. It's more like " WE are extremely possessive of HIS and our Mother's "stuff"."

Interesting article about no body murder cases and trials in Orange County, CA.

Not having a body does not prevent prosecutors from filing charges and going to trial, something the Orange County District Attorney's Office has done with at least seven missing persons in recent years.

http://www.highdesert.com/news/body-301739-ocregister-murder-never.html

Great quote from that article!

"It is common sense that just because you are successful at disposing of a body, it doesn't mean you can get away with murder," said Deputy District Attorney Ebrahim Baytieh, who is prosecuting Shawkey.

do everything in their power to ensure he could come back to his home just like he left it. Instead they act like vultures. The same vultures they were when Georgia passed away and likely when she was alive. What torture and anquish Bob must have went through...... :(

Also, as far as the brouhaha over where Fontelle chooses to reside while she waits and pushes for answers to Bobs disappearance. It's pretty simple. It is much easier for her to be in contact with, cooperate with and communicate with PPD from her and Bobs marital home than it is from half way across the country.
jmo.

Respectfully snipped by me! Respectfully bolded by me!

Do you believe the shoddy way this woman has been treated??? When I think about what this woman is going through, I am beside myself. I don't know where to go with the compassion I have for this woman. I'm a stranger to her, but I want to hug her so hard, and find a way to ease some of the pain she must be going through. Fontelle has done nothing to deserve what is happening to her. It's not like she reneged on any deals, and should therefore give up her position as Bob's wife - deserving of all of the respect, wealth, health, etc. that the wedding vows invoked. She leaves town to tend to her affairs, comes back to find her husband missing, and now she's garbage????????

Why is there so little that can be done for her?

I think Fontelle is collateral damage in this story about Bob-I think that those who truly care for him are as well. Fontelle has been a great advocate for her husband and I think she deserves to have him back in whatever form that may be.

I dont know what justice means in this case anymore but the one thing I have to believe is that it must be pretty nerve wracking to have built the foundation you live on in this fashion. How does it feel to spend the hard earned money of an elderly man in his declining years after he decided he wanted to spread it around however he deemed fit? We have linked ad infinitem the definitive statements of Bob's personal physician-it is ridiculous to pursue a mental acuity issue when Bob is not hear to defend himself and it is likely that when he was, he would have nipped it.

The no contest clause in the trust documents-that is where things are interesting as far as I am concerned.

Great quote from that article!

"It is common sense that just because you are successful at disposing of a body, it doesn't mean you can get away with murder," said Deputy District Attorney Ebrahim Baytieh, who is prosecuting Shawkey.

also from the previously linked article:

Juror Mike Acosta, 65, of Huntington Beach, said he had no trouble convicting Valot despite the lack of a body. ``It was unreasonable to think he would just walk out the door and never use any of his personal stuff,'' Acosta said after the verdict was reached.

Respectfully snipped by me! Respectfully bolded by me!

Do you believe the shoddy way this woman has been treated??? When I think about what this woman is going through, I am beside myself. I don't know where to go with the compassion I have for this woman. I'm a stranger to her, but I want to hug her so hard, and find a way to ease some of the pain she must be going through. Fontelle has done nothing to deserve what is happening to her. It's not like she reneged on any deals, and should therefore give up her position as Bob's wife - deserving of all of the respect, wealth, health, etc. that the wedding vows invoked. She leaves town to tend to her affairs, comes back to find her husband missing, and now she's garbage????????

Why is there so little that can be done for her?

I just have one question..If Fontelle was in her 30's would you all still be willing to embrace her with open arms? I think not! This thread would be doing their best to find out why this young woman came out of nowhere, married a man after 7 days, living high on the hog, fighting the daughters tooth and nail for everything that should belong to them due to THEIR father being missing! The daughters just wanted what was theirs. When they came into the home shared by their parent's with a list of what mediation said they could have..HALF of it was already gone. The good jewelry was missing, while costume jewely was left behind. Expensive figurines missing and odd and end trinkets left standing. Fontelle knew what she was doing. Greed has no age!

I wish I knew what happened to Bob. W/S has always been in the habit of getting to the bottom and investigating. NOT finding fault in whom I think to be victims on every single page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018