DNA Solves

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please continue here.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0115715a8189970c-250wi

Bob Harrod has been missing since July 27, 2009.
He was last seen at his residence by his son in law sometime after 10:00 am the morning of July 27.

Bobs disappearance is being investigated as a homicide and a 50,000 dollar reward is being offered for information about his disappearance.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about Harrod's disappearance to contact detective Dave Radomski at 714-993-8176, or contact the homicide hotline at 714-993-8166.

Bobs Charley Project page:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

Bobs NamUs page:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0/

Links to previous threads:

Timeline and Media links only

Forensic Astrology - ROBERT HARROD LastSeen 7/27/09 Placentia, CA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Links to individual posts containing court documents:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

court document link: CA CA - Bob Harrod-Documents No discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Bob Harrod's SAR thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I really thought Bob's body would have been located by now and some answers would have surfaced on what led to his disappearance. May the responsible person ultimately meet consequences.

Bumping for Bob. Wondering if LE is any closer to re arresting the two POI's they had to release in 2019.

Clearly the POI's know LE knows...but don't yet have as solid of a case as they want or need to ensure a conviction. Good thing there is no statute of limitations on murder.

I really thought Bob's body would have been located by now and some answers would have surfaced on what led to his disappearance. May the responsible person ultimately meet consequences.
I too thought that Bob’s body would have been found by now and charges laid :(

Recently saw the old Disappeared episode featuring the vanishing of Robert "Bob" Harrod. Very disturbing case. Unfortunately, missing Persons cases involving the elderly do not typically receive a lot of attention for whatever reason. So, it's good that this case seemed to get a lot of coverage.

I don't have a strong opinion as to what happened to Bob. Some theories:

1) He met with foul play by someone he knew. And, the murder involved money. Just because there was no blood/criminal evidence that this happened in or around his home/car, it could still have occurred in a location outside his immediate area.

2) He met with foul play by someone he didn't know; if so, this crime may have had a financial component. Unfortunately, the elderly (especially an elderly person living alone) are in many cases taken advantage of by scammers/criminals who are looking for "easy targets".

3) Given that his daughters were stating that they noticed their father experiencing some cognitive issues/memory loss in the months?! prior to his disappearance, I wonder if he was confused & wandered off from home - never to be seen again?! I believe that this type of thing has happened before - i.e. the moderately well-known Rogest Caine case (CA, 1986). However, given that RH didn't seem to be in that bad shape re: his memory loss (due to a conversation with his doctor after he vanished), etc. - I suspect that did not happen in this particular case.

That being said - almost anything is possible here.

Last edited:
Recently saw the old Disappeared episode featuring the vanishing of Robert "Bob" Harrod. Very disturbing case. Unfortunately, missing Persons cases involving the elderly do not typically receive a lot of attention for whatever reason. So, it's good that this case seemed to get a lot of coverage.

1) He met with foul play by someone he knew. And, the murder involved money. Just because there was no blood/criminal evidence that this happened in or around his home/car, it could still have occurred in a location outside his immediate area.

2) He met with foul play by someone he didn't know; if so, this crime may have had a financial component. Unfortunately, the elderly (especially an elderly person living alone) are in many cases taken advantage of by scammers/criminals who are looking for "easy targets".

3) Given that his daughters were stating that they noticed their father experiencing some cognitive issues/memory loss in the months?! prior to his disappearance, I wonder if he was confused & wandered off from home - never to be seen again?! I believe that this type of thing has happened before - i.e. the moderately well-known Rogest Caine case (CA, 1986). However, given that RH didn't seem to be in that bad shape re: his memory loss (due to a conversation with his doctor after he vanished), etc. - I suspect that did not happen in this particular case.

I strongly believe it was #1

Does that show review the actions -- and inaction -- of the daughters after Bob's disappearance?

I went back a bit to kind of refresh my memory on this case.. I had/have my suspicions from before when I was following this case... but.... looking at it from a new perspective because I have forgotten so much........

A couple of things....

i)I can't find where it was reported as to what the housekeeper had said, as far as what time she'd shown up at the house and was locked out? Can anyone send a link?

ii)I am wondering why more wasn't asked or whatever, of the particular timing................. I mean..... interesting that he disappeared *after* the wedding vows were already taken.. (one could speculate that it may have been more meaningful for him to disappear *before* the vows, if the perp was already known to have been a beneficiary of his estate?). It also seems weird to me... these reunited, madly-in-love, newlyweds, freshly married, but the bride goes off on her own to gather her things or whatever she was doing - one might speculate that it may have been fun for BH to have joined her, seen where she lived, perhaps met her friends and family, etc., while she did this - I mean, it isn't like he had a job to go to every day or something.. so why not?? Then, when he suddenly disappears... how long did it take for new bride to come back? Not long! Just kind of wondering why the newer people in BH's life have been given a cleared pass?

I went back a bit to kind of refresh my memory on this case.. I had/have my suspicions from before when I was following this case... but.... looking at it from a new perspective because I have forgotten so much........

A couple of things....

i)I can't find where it was reported as to what the housekeeper had said, as far as what time she'd shown up at the house and was locked out? Can anyone send a link?

ii)I am wondering why more wasn't asked or whatever, of the particular timing................. I mean..... interesting that he disappeared *after* the wedding vows were already taken.. (one could speculate that it may have been more meaningful for him to disappear *before* the vows, if the perp was already known to have been a beneficiary of his estate?). It also seems weird to me... these reunited, madly-in-love, newlyweds, freshly married, but the bride goes off on her own to gather her things or whatever she was doing - one might speculate that it may have been fun for BH to have joined her, seen where she lived, perhaps met her friends and family, etc., while she did this - I mean, it isn't like he had a job to go to every day or something.. so why not?? Then, when he suddenly disappears... how long did it take for new bride to come back? Not long! Just kind of wondering why the newer people in BH's life have been given a cleared pass?
I wondered about things like that as well. I found it ofd that he disappeared right after the wedding. Also, good question why he didn’t go with her. If I recall correctly, Bob was going to do some home renovations while she was gone. Evidently to update his home for her.

I wondered about things like that as well. I found it ofd that he disappeared right after the wedding. Also, good question why he didn’t go with her. If I recall correctly, Bob was going to do some home renovations while she was gone. Evidently to update his home for her.
Yes... but considering it seemed he was having his family members complete the renos, one might speculate that he could've just left him the key to go and do those while he was off meeting his new spouse's family and friends, and kind of getting to know 'her' life a little? Then they come back together to the 'marital home', and it's all done for them? It's not like BH was performing the renos himself, or he likely didn't have to supervise (unless he was particularly handy at renos himself?). I know that this thread has forever had sympathy for the new bride in all of this.... but just saying, due to the particular timing and circumstances, I'm hoping LE did their due diligence in checking *everyone* out?

Just wondering if this has already been posted to the thread? It seems BH's new bride may now be deceased? Yet no mention of Bob? Did she have the marriage annulled? She was said to have had a 'bad' marriage with her previous spouse and yet he is noted in her obit, but not Bob? Weird!

Harrod, Fontelle Y.​

January 12, 1936 — August 21, 2022

Fontelle Y. (Heeter) Harrod, 86, passed away August 21, 2022. Fontelle was preceded in death by her husband John and her son John, Jr. Survivors include her daughter Leisa Charles, son Kenneth Norberg and his wife Kelley, granddaughters Keely, Kristen (Nate) and Kaitlyn, great grandchildren Chandler, Cooper, Corbyn, Tenley, Cainen and Paxton, and several nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be 6-8PM, Thursday, August 25 at Park Lawn Funeral Home, 8251 Hillcrest Rd., Kansas City, Missouri. Funeral services will be 1PM, Friday, August 26 at Park Lawn Funeral Home; burial in Memorial Park Cemetery.

Well! I was sure that one of our long-time posters would learn of Mrs. Harrod's passing & post soon after that event.

@believe09

RIP, Ma'am, you & your Marine are together at last!

1670642052956.png

fromyouflowers.com

A couple of things....

TBH, I have pondered the same type of questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double
Back