Found Deceased NC - Allicia “Allisha” Dene Watts, 39, left home in Charlotte, car found in Anson County, 16 Jul 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
APR 16, 2024
[...]

During a court hearing Tuesday, the judge in charge of the case agreed to leave James Dunmore's bond in place but vowed to revisit that decision in 30-45 days if prosecutors don't present more evidence.

[...]

Prosecutors pushed back against that characterization. They said some of the evidence actually has been submitted -- and blamed the defense for not seeing it.

[...]

Finally, prosecutors said the FBI is holding interviews in the case and may have more information to share soon

[...]

The case is set to return to court June 10.

Oh no. Allisha's mother has died. :(

APR 23, 2024
ABC11 learned that Watts' mother, Evex Franklin, had died.

Franklin died Sunday from an undisclosed health condition.

Franklin had been fighting for justice for her 39-year-old daughter who was reported missing and later found dead in Montgomery County back in August. Family members say they are determined to continue to seek justice for Watts.

Family says her health declined further after her daughter’s death.

JUN 6, 2024
[...]

Dunmore’s next hearing is scheduled for June 12 at 2 p.m. at the Montgomery County Courthouse.

The community plans to be outside the courthouse, clad in green, before the hearing to hold a vigil for Watts and make sure people know they are still fighting for her.

Watt’s mother, Evex Franklin, had planned to join them at this hearing, but she passed away in April from an underlying health condition.

JUN 10, 2024
James Dunmore, the man accused of killing Allisha Watts, was scheduled to appear in Montgomery County court on Monday but that hearing has now been delayed until Wednesday. The hearing is expected to address administrative matters related to the case.

*Timeline included in the article

JUN 12, 2024

Vigil outside the courthouse starts at 1pm.
Bond hearing will take place around 2pm.
Dunsmore's attorneys are trying again to get his 1 million dollar bond reduced.

JUN 12, 2024
...Dunmore’s ex-wife, Artee Burton, spoke for the first time. The two were married for 15 years, and she said she suffered years of physical, as well as mental abuse.

Burton said Dunmore set her car on fire and that she took out a restraining order against him one week before Allisha Watts was found murdered.

“No, I do not want him out; that’s why I placed a restraining order on him. I’m concerned about my safety as well, and as you all have heard in the courtroom about the car, that was my vehicle. So, yes, I am concerned about my safety, and that’s why I relocated, so I’m rooting for him to hopefully remain in jail, and I’m happy with what happened today,” Burton explained.

When Dunmore appeared in court in March a judge denied his request to reduce his $1 million secured bond. Dunmore's attorneys argued at the time he shouldn't have to wait for his trial from behind bars after an autopsy couldn't determine Watts' cause of death. On Wednesday, the judge affirmed that Dunmore's bond would remain unchanged. This decision resulted in Dunmore staying in jail.

CMPD responded to the second letter by publicly addressing the case for the first time on Aug. 9, 2023. Capt. Joel McNelly said at the time the department was focused on finding Watts and maintaining the integrity of the case. He also shared CMPD had a surveillance photo showing Watts and Dunmore together at Northlake Mall.

A 911 call later shared on August 22 provided a clear timeline about when Watts' car left Dunmore's home in Charlotte. Just two days later, Allisha Watts' remains were found.

Police said her body was found near the town of Norman, North Carolina, which is near the county line shared by Montgomery and Richmond counties. James Dunmore was charged with murder by the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. He was granted a $1 million bond and won't face the death penalty.

Watts' autopsy lists her cause of death as "undetermined".
Since Watts' body was found, her family has continued pressing for justice, even as Dunmore's attorney called for his release from jail. A judge decided against lowering his bond.

Dunmore remains in jail.
Evex Franklin, Watts' mother, died in April 2024 after fighting an underlying health condition. Two months before she passed away, Franklin told WRAL she didn't want her daughter to be forgotten and shared more about the pain she faced after losing Watts sad :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siblingminds
Back