GUILTY CA - Brad, 57, & Andra Sachs, 54, slain, 8yo injured, San Juan Capistrano, 9 Feb 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/sachs-605003-parents-old.html.

The prosecutor said Sachs entered the family home in the middle of the night and, “brutally, absolutely brutally” shot Bradford Hans Sachs, 57, and Andra Sachs, 54.
He is accused of then shooting his 8-year-old brother in his bedroom and shot, and missed, his 17-year-old sister.
No one inside the home recognized the shooter, and Ashton Sachs fled before deputies arrived, Baytieh said.
Sachs then caught a flight back to the Seattle area, Baytieh said.

So, he drove 1,100 miles to Capistrano and then flew back to Seattle?

He used a rental car? Presumably they have evidence of all that movement.

Here's a good article about the prosecutor, Ebrahim Baytieh:

Top O.C. prosecutor: From not speaking English to accolades

By LARRY WELBORN / THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
Published: April 11, 2012

"When he was 18 years old and newly emigrated from Lebanon, Ebrahim Baytieh was told by his uncle that he couldn't work in the family grocery store and gas station in Huntington Beach – and get an education – unless he learned English."

More...

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/baytieh-348757-district-attorney.html

Trying to be careful - but I sincerely hope that whoever is left with guardianship of the younger children and the estate can make a clean start. I am not saying the way the Sachs conducted their financial affairs led to them being murdered, but I don't think what was going on for years could have helped family relationships any.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/sachs-605003-parents-old.html.

The prosecutor said Sachs entered the family home in the middle of the night and, “brutally, absolutely brutally” shot Bradford Hans Sachs, 57, and Andra Sachs, 54.
He is accused of then shooting his 8-year-old brother in his bedroom and shot, and missed, his 17-year-old sister.
No one inside the home recognized the shooter, and Ashton Sachs fled before deputies arrived, Baytieh said.

Other siblings lived elsewhere. I wonder if it was just the family members in SJC he intended to kill? Allegedly.

Other siblings lived elsewhere. I wonder if it was just the family members in SJC he intended to kill? Allegedly.

The two sisters were living there. Only the two boys lived away in Seattle. This I know for sure.

I have seen nighttime news casts from Peppertree Bend where it doesn't seem there is street lighting. Is this correct?

If there is no street lighting, would there have been enough light for a camera to see a car drive by or directly to the house? I looked it up not too long ago and if I remember correctly it was not full moon nor close to it, but it was clear.

Wow. Lots of time to re-think this.

Premeditated??
I did read that he was a favoured child.
What on earth could make a son so angry as to want to kill everyone, including an 8 year old?
I guess something pushed him to the brink.
But, an 1100 mile drive athon shows that he was hellbent on killing.
This guy is going down. As he should.
He had choices to make during this very, very long drive.
He choose to murder.

I'm pretty sure this will be a sensational trial.
A blame the parents, like we haven't seen since the Medenza brothers in the 80's. But more so.
Personally. I think he's guilty as heck.
He was old enough to make his own way in this world. But he chose to murder his family instead of doing that-which equals messed up coward. Coward being the operative word.
I for one, find shooting an 8 year old undefendable.
Okay. Done.

[/QUOTE]

I have seen nighttime news casts from Peppertree Bend where it doesn't seem there is street lighting. Is this correct?

If there is no street lighting, would there have been enough light for a camera to see a car drive by or directly to the house? I looked it up not too long ago and if I remember correctly it was not full moon nor close to it, but it was clear.

You are correct...the street is not well lit BUT it does have street lights. Common

sense tells us that he either rented or borrowed a car to drive home from Seattle...then...booked a flight home. It seems it was just a matter of

Time before family and friends were questioned about whether anyone got

To visit w him on this 'mini vacation' . I'm sooooo curious as to how he behaved

At the funeral,etc... So so sad.

San Juan Mom, Have you heard any talk from anyone in the area if he had mental issues? Drugs? From his booking photo his eyes are scary looking.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Um...I wish I could "unread" that last post....surely it will be deleted by a mod...:please::sick:

Wow. Lots of time to re-think this.

Premeditated??
I did read that he was a favoured child.
What on earth could make a son so angry as to want to kill everyone, including an 8 year old?
I guess something pushed him to the brink.
But, an 1100 mile drive athon shows that he was hellbent on killing.
This guy is going down. As he should.
He had choices to make during this very, very long drive.
He choose to murder.

I'm pretty sure this will be a sensational trial.
A blame the parents, like we haven't seen since the Medenza brothers in the 80's. But more so.
Personally. I think he's guilty as heck.
He was old enough to make his own way in this world. But he chose to murder his family instead of doing that-which equals messed up coward. Coward being the operative word.
I for one, find shooting an 8 year old undefendable.
Okay. Done.

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand the contradiction. In the top part of the post it says he drove 110 miles, then in the quote the prosecutor is quoted saying he boarded a flight to fly back. Which is it?

[/QUOTE]I don't understand the contradiction. In the top part of the post it says he drove 110 miles, then in the quote the prosecutor is quoted saying he boarded a flight to fly back. Which is it?[/QUOTE]

IIRC, authorities have indicated that he drove from Seattle and flew back home. I know some posters have asked if he rented a car for the drive down...

San Juan Mom, Have you heard any talk from anyone in the area if he had mental issues? Drugs? From his booking photo his eyes are scary looking.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Not one word from people who live here or went to school w him...everyone says he was a 'brainiac' ,somewhat shy but funny guy who rarely attended parties and seemed openly attached to his family. He lived here til last fall when he left the OC for Washington state. If drugs are a factor everyone who knows him will be in shock. I assure you.

I don't understand the contradiction. In the top part of the post it says he drove 110 miles, then in the quote the prosecutor is quoted saying he boarded a flight to fly back. Which is it?[/QUOTE]

Kali, the Menendez brothers displayed their true motives immediately after accessing their parent's wealth. The prosecutor has already mentioned that Ashton's motive was not financially motivated. Both Andra and Brad were a diabolical dual that left a battlefield length of despair with everyone they had dealings with to include this author. So before we have Ashton carry his cross through the streets of Jerusalem to his crucifixion site, let us await to see what happened to this young man "behind mansion walls" <modsnip>.

You are spot on Kali, Ashton had a long drive to ponder and weigh the consequences of his intentions, but before we stone him at the village square, await to hear what it was that <modsnip> did to this young man that made their creation unleash his furry in the wood's of Geneva known as Peppertree Bend!

I don't understand the contradiction. In the top part of the post it says he drove 110 miles, then in the quote the prosecutor is quoted saying he boarded a flight to fly back. Which is it?

Kali, the Menendez brothers displayed their true motives immediately after accessing their parent's wealth. The prosecutor has already mentioned that Ashton's motive was not financially motivated. Both Andra and Brad were a diabolical dual that left a battlefield length of despair with everyone they had dealings with to include this author. So before we have Ashton carry his cross through the streets of Jerusalem to his crucifixion site, let us await to see what happened to this young man "behind mansion walls" <modsnip>.

You are spot on Kali, Ashton had a long drive to ponder and weigh the consequences of his intentions, but before we stone him at the village square, await to hear what it was that <modsnip> did to this young man that made their creation unleash his furry in the wood's of Geneva known as Peppertree Bend!

I seriously doubt his siblings were in the same category and allegedly he planned to kill all of them as well. He managed to shoot his younger brother and missed his sister--but not without trying.

Don't know why the quote didn't work.

I seriously doubt his siblings were in the same category and allegedly he planned to kill all of them as well. He managed to shoot his younger brother and missed his sister--but not without trying.

Don't know why the quote didn't work.

CountryGirl, I concur with your statement. I cannot speak with valid substance as to why Ashton may have targeted his siblings. I can only speak with knowledge regarding the parents. I'm heartbroken regarding the paralyzed 8-year-old and the surviving siblings, and pray to the Almighty that they can all recover from this horrific tragedy.

I know the PA said money wasn't the motive but it sure looks to me like he was trying to do away with all heirs (except his brother-and who knows what he had originally planned when he got back to WA if he had been successful in CA). IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TX_TNvol
Back