GUILTY CA - Brad, 57, & Andra Sachs, 54, slain, 8yo injured, San Juan Capistrano, 9 Feb 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am confused why they didn't know right away it was him, unless he had his face covered or it was dark. Could he be that smart though? It breaks my heart that the boy is paralyzed. It says he was shot in the back and I don't remember, was he sleeping on his stomach, running away, or was it never said? I guess it is possible that the siblings didn't see him. LE stated they interviewed the whole family and then came back to Ashton a week ago based on some new information.

My cousins went to school where he went to HS and College. He is a little bit older. Also, I have spa few cousins around the same age. Going to see if they know his siblings. None of the family looks familiar to me and I live minutes from them. I haven't been out there since before Christmas.

Gosh it makes you wonder. If you shoot both your sleeping parents, you have to choose one to kill first. And the other is likely to wake and ask what the heck is going on. You'd have to shoot dead a parent, looking you in the eye.

I can't fathom these kind of crimes at all.

I see your point...

But I believe the couple slept in separate rooms, in this case...

JMO

I agree with posters above who have questioned how the murder weapon was found... And where?

I wonder if he was down in San Diego from Seattle for Spring Break?...

Or is it too early for Spring Break in Seattle Colleges...

:dunno:

It is against TOS to sleuth minors or speculate about what they were doing unless it is reported in the MSM.

I am hearing mixed messages regarding when they actually started looking at the family.

In the KTLA video here:

http://ktla.com/2014/03/07/teen-son...parents-in-san-juan-capistrano/#ixzz2vJf0VHdc

it seems that the investigative focus early on was on all the disgruntled clients, and business associations, potential enemies, etc..

They got the 'lead' on Monday March 3rd and made the arrest on Thursday

Somewhere else I read that it was the recovery of the gun that solved the case.

I dunno.

One of our local radio stations (KFI AM640) reported that LE located the gun AND earlier this week, neighbors' surveillance recordings showed Ashton Sachs at the cul-de-sac/home and not in Seattle. If that's true, Ashton likely left his cellular phone in Seattle to avoid local cell tower activity.

Another LEAD that MAY have appeared this week COULD (speculation) be related to Ashton's vehicle, if he drove his own car. If LE was able to obtain his whereabouts via GPS or by getting a fix on f.i. LOJACK, they would gave had to subpoena such records which normally takes 2-3 weeks after a subpoena is served.

Friend of the slain couple not surprised the son was arrested..

"My interactions with him were difficult,” Burghardt says, “He was just a different kind of person, kind of in his own world.”

For all his personal feelings about the son, Burghardt told Butler that the teen seemed to have a good relationship with his parents, especially his mother.

“Andra loved him. Said how brilliant he was. He was a good looking boy, that’s really it. It just blows my mind,” said Burghardt.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...-couple-not-surprised-their-son-was-arrested/

The family friend and real estate agent, Monte Burghardt, says the couple 'didn't owe anybody any money' so I'm taking what he says with a pinch of salt - would he really have known all their personal financials? But what he says about Ashton being more a musician than a business person kind of supports the suggestion he'd hang out in a 'musician's' cafe.

The comment under the article references a cafe that is exactly that. If Ashton did indeed stop there shortly after the killings, that commentator might be a vital witness to the timeline. I hope they've contacted LE.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...-couple-not-surprised-their-son-was-arrested/

ETA: Sorry, I put the wrong link. The comments are here, but now my ipad's taking me to the mobile site where I can't see them.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/t/story/so...a-home-22824479?ref=https://www.google.co.uk/

ETA: Got it, by a roundabout route!
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/son-held-killing-parents-california-home-22824479

It's maybe also relevant that the Sachs were killed in the early hours of Sunday; the weekend, so no suspicious absences from college would be necessary?

I agree with posters above who have questioned how the murder weapon was found... And where?

I think Spring Break is mid-April.

I just saw the news that one of their sons was arrested for the murder.

I never saw this coming.

What could this couple have possibly done to cause him to kill them in cold blood?

Good grief!
fran
:tears:

The family friend and real estate agent, Monte Burghardt, says the couple 'didn't owe anybody any money' so I'm taking what he says with a pinch of salt - would he really have known all their personal financials? But what he says about Ashton being more a musician than a business person kind of supports the suggestion he'd hang out in a 'musician's' cafe.

The comment under the article references a cafe that is exactly that. If Ashton did indeed stop there shortly after the killings, that commentator might be a vital witness to the timeline. I hope they've contacted LE.

ETA: Sorry, I put the wrong link. The comments are here, but now my ipad's taking me to the mobile site where I can't see them.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/t/story/so...a-home-22824479?ref=https://www.google.co.uk/

ETA: Got it, by a roundabout route!
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/son-held-killing-parents-california-home-22824479

Zweibel, this Monte Burghardt is trying to work some angle in order to get his hands on some of the properties that he too had a dirty hand in for his own enrichment. Since Monte wants to be the self-appointed Sachs' public relations representative and wants to play "let's make a deal," please look at the court document attached to this response and see how he can explain it away. Words are cheap, but documentation is worth $8k in my case. I have a litany of court documents that spans two years by where Andra was trying to wear us down financially, but as a military family...WE NEVER WILL RETREAT!!!!

Attachments

Friend of the slain couple not surprised the son was arrested..

"My interactions with him were difficult,” Burghardt says, “He was just a different kind of person, kind of in his own world.”

For all his personal feelings about the son, Burghardt told Butler that the teen seemed to have a good relationship with his parents, especially his mother.

“Andra loved him. Said how brilliant he was. He was a good looking boy, that’s really it. It just blows my mind,” said Burghardt.

Colette, I just found another interesting document in my files. Andra loved Ashton SO much that rather than paying an experienced process server to notify us of her appeal to our winning judgement, she sent Ashton to serve us at our then home in Menifee, California when they live in San Juan Capistrano. They had millions and stole even more, yet you would place your son in harms way not knowing how the recipients being served may react? The more I search, the more I'm understanding of why Ashton loss his sense of reasoning with his so called loving parents!

Attachments

One of our local radio stations (KFI AM640) reported that LE located the gun AND earlier this week, neighbors' surveillance recordings showed Ashton Sachs at the cul-de-sac/home and not in Seattle. If that's true, Ashton likely left his cellular phone in Seattle to avoid local cell tower activity.

Another LEAD that MAY have appeared this week COULD (speculation) be related to Ashton's vehicle, if he drove his own car. If LE was able to obtain his whereabouts via GPS or by getting a fix on f.i. LOJACK, they would gave had to subpoena such records which normally takes 2-3 weeks after a subpoena is served.
Your comment reminds me of another case that I thought about early on where a son drives miles in the middle of the night to murder his parents.

The double murder that took place in 2008 in Pleasanton, California. In 2008, Ernie Scherer Jr. and wife Charlene Abendroth were brutally murdered at their Castlewood Country Club home.

"Scherer, 60, and Abendroth, 57, were found decomposing in their pajamas a week after their deaths. The house was not ransacked and had no sign of forced entry. A real estate investor and accountant, Scherer was a passionate volunteer for the local Republican party. Scherer also had a long and tumultuous history with the San Ramon Valley Unified School District, before his ousting as a board trustee in 1990. Abendroth was a lecturer in accounting at Cal State East Bay and active with the Mormon church. The authorities did not take long before focusing the investigation on the couple’s son, Ernie Scherer III."

"Professional poker player Ernie Scherer III (the son) was tracked for more than a year as a suspect, but the authorities lacked the evidence to arrest him."

From: http://www.arounddublinblog.com/201...se-on-castlewood-drive-in-national-spotlight/

48 Hours did a good presentation of the story and it replays fairly frequently. It involved neighborhood video cam footage as well as some store receipts, a tag that went along with a baseball bat, and I think a cell phone that was turned off. Not to mention a cooperative wife/ex-wife.

It seems we will be seeing many of the same things here.

One can practically see the dollar signs in Monte Burghardt's eyes when he opens the door.

I just saw the news that one of their sons was arrested for the murder.

I never saw this coming.

What could this couple have possibly done to cause him to kill them in cold blood?

Good grief!
fran
:tears:

Fran, to the outsider looking in it's inconceivable that a biological child would have so much hatred going through his soul, that he would exterminate the very two people that brought him into this world. I'm NOT a family member or acquaintance of Andra and Bradford. However, the brief interaction I had with them as a renter and Andra's indifference in making basic home repairs that almost resulted in my then 3 month old son dying of heat-stroke, I can only sympathize with ALL of their children because the face that you display out in public does not change completely within the sanctity of a 9000 square feet home. Just take a moment and read the attached civil case report (with emphasis on the highlighted sections) and it may become transparent as to how a person can become enraged with someone that treats human beings like dog feces stuck under their "Louis Vuitton Manolo Blahnik" pair of shoes.

Fran, to the outsider looking in it's inconceivable that a biological child would have so much hatred going through his soul, that he would exterminate the very two people that brought him into this world. I'm NOT a family member or acquaintance of Andra and Bradford. However, the brief interaction I had with them as a renter and Andra's indifference in making basic home repairs that almost resulted in my then 3 month old son dying of heat-stroke, I can only sympathize with ALL of their children because the face that you display out in public does not change completely within the sanctity of a 9000 square feet home. Just take a moment and read the attached civil case report (with emphasis on the highlighted sections) and it may become transparent as to how a person can become enraged with someone that treats human beings like dog feces stuck under their "Louis Vuitton Manolo Blahnik" pair of shoes.

My apologies Fran, the civil case report is now attached.

Attachments

Spring Break for colleges is March, unless they are on Trimesters, then it would be April. My nieces/nephews/cousins are all the end of March. We typically fly back to the Midwest from California by mid March because the airfare is astronomical around then.

Knew it! Never for a second did I think it was anyone other than their child. I must be getting better at this! I DO think there will be at least one other arrest. Someone who knew, but didn't pull a trigger.

The suspect entered the home armed with a gun and shot his parents in their bedroom, then went to his 8-year-old brother's room and shot him, according to the District Attorney's Office. He then fired at his 17-year-old sister, missing, before fleeing the home and returning to Seattle, authorities allege.

A lead earlier this week led them back to Ashton, but investigators declined to reveal more. Detectives interviewed Ashton on Thursday in San Diego County, where he and his siblings planned to live, and then arrested him.

Ashton graduated from Dana Hills High School, then attended Saddleback College for two years where he was enrolled as a computer-science major. More recently, he was attending school in the Seattle area, where his brother Myles also goes to school. A traffic ticket he received in November lists an address in Gig Harbor, south of Seattle.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/sachs-604671-couple-county.html

I read on another site that he and his brother Myles filed for guardianship of their younger siblings.

ETA: It is in this article too:

He is the second-oldest of the Sachs' five children, two of whom were adopted. He and his older brother, Myles, filed court papers two weeks after the shootings asking to be named guardians of their younger siblings, including the injured boy. The court records show that they also sought guardianship of the family's estate.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula
Back