GUILTY CA - Brad, 57, & Andra Sachs, 54, slain, 8yo injured, San Juan Capistrano, 9 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case will be on 48 Hours next Saturday, October 10th.

This case will be on 48 Hours next Saturday, October 10th.

Thanks, Nancy2441. It should be interesting.

Reminder - it's tonight that 48 Hours is covering this case.

Ashton Sachs hasn't gone to trial yet, but hopefully this will fill in some of the details of story.

Wow it has to be hard if any of the other kids/siblings heard their two aunts say on 48 Hours were going on and on about how Ashton - out of all of the kids - was the smartest, the kindest, the kid with the most potential, so charming, so cute, happy, caring, never angry, the sweetest, so good looking, etc.

Wow it has to be hard if any of the other kids/siblings heard their two aunts say on 48 Hours were going on and on about how Ashton - out of all of the kids - was the smartest, the kindest, the kid with the most potential, so charming, so cute, happy, caring, never angry, the sweetest, so good looking, etc.

Especially after this 'kind, sweet, happy ' kid slaughtered his parents in their sleep and paralyzed his 8 yr old brother.

I thought Ashton doing the eulogy was absolutely chilling.

The 48 Hours Show was interesting in a limited way. Can't beat Websleuths though for in depth information gathering and opinions.

Yes, Ashton doing the eulogy was absolutely chilling in how he went on and on about what great parents they were when all along he was the one who killed them. I truly still feel at a loss to understand his thinking at the time of the murders and after, or what was his actual motive. It seems he was in an unstable mental state and it won't surprise me if that is used in his defense.

The aunts, his fan club, did supply the tidbit that he had bought a gun. In fact, his mother heard from the aunt about him buying a gun and said, "That's not good." They all knew he was kind of suicidal, so I wonder if anyone thought to talk to him once they found out he'd bought a gun.

What a terrifying assault gun it was and certainly not what you'd buy for "protection".

It doesn't seem like they were really a very close family, JMO. I thought that one friend of Ashton's who visited his house once and never wanted to go over there again could have said more about why and didn't. What did you think?

I thought what the friend of Ashton's was describing was that the place was a mess, no one was in charge, they all had to fend for themselves. Sounds at the very minimum to be child neglect, maybe worse.

I thought the aunts were strange. No anger towards Ashton for killing her sister? That seems really off to me.

By the end of the episode I couldn't decide if Ashton Sachs has a mental disorder or is just evil. I thought it was interesting to say the least about his fascination with the Menendez brothers. Very strange that he wrote a paper on it for school and made sure his mother knew about it.

I could of done without the interview with the realtor Monte which added nothing to the show IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was hoping to hear from Ashton's sister Alexis (I noted of all the younger siblings, hers was the only face not blurred in photos shown). Maybe she was unable to participate due to being a witness at trial?

I found the aunts' continued adoration of Ashton unsettling.

I was hoping to hear from Ashton's sister Alexis (I noted of all the younger siblings, hers was the only face not blurred in photos shown). Maybe she was unable to participate due to being a witness at trial?

I found the aunts' continued adoration of Ashton unsettling.

I'm not sure how exactly it could be a factor, but the one thing that also struck me was at the very end of the episode.

That was the bit about the aunts and the finances and how they're saying one of them was supposed to be trustee (or whatever it was called) and thus getting $1,000,000+ payout a year for dealing with the business and the accounts and the kids.

And how they apparently have no relationship with Myles (and may not have for some time possibly even prior to all of this) and how they have clearly taken a stand with Ashton instead. And that surely isn't going to be helped by the things they were saying on 48 Hours, and their continued support - both vocally and practically (with visiting him in jail faithfully and the things they've done for him in jail) - for Ashton.

I wonder if they think they may have a chance at some of the money if Ashton is found not guilty or guilty of a lesser charge, or even if they might somehow get money that was in the will/estate for Ashton if he were to end up in jail and never able to access it?

The bitterness both expressed about the trust and the fact that Myles, who they clearly don't feel as warmly about as they do Ashton - who slaughtered their own sister - and the friend of Audra's were over that trust, and the finances they'd have had access to if one of the sisters had her hands on it, was the other thing that jumped out to me during that 48 Hours.

It must be so hard for his siblings, their parents have been murdered and their brother did it, I was pleased to hear that all the siblings are together and Miles has custody of them,

as for the sisters they too must be devastated over the murders and I can understand them condemning the crime but still supporting Ashton, but the fight over money is a bit seedy, what family money their is should be for the children

I'm not sure how exactly it could be a factor, but the one thing that also struck me was at the very end of the episode.

That was the bit about the aunts and the finances and how they're saying one of them was supposed to be trustee (or whatever it was called) and thus getting $1,000,000+ payout a year for dealing with the business and the accounts and the kids.

And how they apparently have no relationship with Myles (and may not have for some time possibly even prior to all of this) and how they have clearly taken a stand with Ashton instead. And that surely isn't going to be helped by the things they were saying on 48 Hours, and their continued support - both vocally and practically (with visiting him in jail faithfully and the things they've done for him in jail) - for Ashton.

I wonder if they think they may have a chance at some of the money if Ashton is found not guilty or guilty of a lesser charge, or even if they might somehow get money that was in the will/estate for Ashton if he were to end up in jail and never able to access it?

The bitterness both expressed about the trust and the fact that Myles, who they clearly don't feel as warmly about as they do Ashton - who slaughtered their own sister - and the friend of Audra's were over that trust, and the finances they'd have had access to if one of the sisters had her hands on it, was the other thing that jumped out to me during that 48 Hours.

If he gets any money, the siblings can file a wrongful death lawsuit. That happened may years ago in the 80s (before DNA) in another case where a son was acquitted of murdering his parents.

I know Ashton Sachs was due in court today 3/11/16. I searched but didn't find any news. Next court appearance is May 27, 2016 according to OCSD web site.

According to the Superior Court web site the trial starts 7/11/16.

According to the Superior Court web site the trial starts 7/11/16.

Thanks. Trial starts July 11, 2016. I'm writing that on my calendar. Let's hope it really happens because I don't do cross outs on my pretty calendar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser
Back