GUILTY CA - Brad, 57, & Andra Sachs, 54, slain, 8yo injured, San Juan Capistrano, 9 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting that it almost seems he wanted to spare his (17 yr old) sister.

Clearly intended for his parents to die, and enough it was probably the goal with his brother.

But he not only put on a beanie and gloves before "bursting" into her room, he only shot toward her once and left. And it almost is worded as if he knew he missed when leading.

Interesting that he put on other things before shooting her. Did he think if he woke her before shooting or she had heard any of the previous shots that if she lived she'd be able to ID him so he figured changing it up (esp. since she'd not have known he was down there so wouldn't expect him) he might get away with it?

And why only one shot toward her, especially since, as I said, to me it reads as if he knew he missed? Was he trying to spare her? If so, why shoot toward her at all?

If anything, risking only shooting her once (even if he had hit, but it wasn't instantly fatal) would up the odds she'd have managed to call 911 and possibly get help and/or get him caught. Because it also doesn't indicate she heard the other shots and was already awake at all as it's extremely like she had a phone and also had it in her room.

If he'd NOT shot her it'd actually have almost seemed like it'd have been a little bit of a deterrent for him getting narrowed in on as quickly as he did - especially since it says that they did include wondering if it was one of his sisters who did it. If she'd not been hit he might have been able to cast enough suspicion on her that SHE'D have been the prime PoI since, again, no one would have expected him to be down there at that point. And it'd have looked more like it was flat out murder and that she just didn't intend to (or chickened out of) make it a m-s.

But shooting her once (and especially missing and hitting the wall) it also makes it pretty evident that it wasn't suicide or even a failed attempt.

So was there a reason he a) didn't want her to as easily tell it was him and thus the 'accessories"? and b) why what seems to be a different MO when it came to shooting her. Only toward her once and immediately leaving?

According to occourts.org, the case has been dismissed, and all future hearings have been canceled.

No other information is provided.

According to occourts.org, the case has been dismissed, and all future hearings have been canceled.

No other information is provided.

I wonder what on earth is going on? Hopefully we will hear from MSM or an official LE press release soon.

:dunno:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can an attorney opine on why this happens? Must not be a plea deal or it'd be recorded as such, even with no detail.

I note that you're an insider in this case, Paris, Texas. Is there anything else you can offer?

Yw. I usually check the local media once a week. The only coverage seems to be OC Register or OC Weekly. I hope we hear more soon.

I just became aware of the July 8/9 article today. Very very interesting!!!

It took careful reading to realize that this was based on a criminal indictment issued by the grand jury. It seems like most of the local reporters are at the beach or asleep at the wheel.

Anyhow, it says that "he is scheduled to be arraigned later this month on the criminal indictment that the grand jury issued." Later this month would have been July, so whats up? Oh wait, I see Nancy has discovered the next court date is August 22nd, so that's next week. Maybe the delay was due to some psychological testing, perhaps?

It was interesting to read how he traveled, how he moved around. Can't wait to hear more.

Hi Curious Me! I was just searching the local news sites. Haven't found anything yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went on OC Superior Court website. I had to sign up for an account to do a name search. It looks like he was arraigned in July and the hearing yesterday was a pre trial conference. Which would explain why there was nothing in the media.

Thanks so much, Nancy2441.

Trying to imagine he's just sitting in jail getting used to life there. Wonder if some family members visit him. I wonder if he feels mentally stable after what he did, or is he numb, or what. I can't imagine how anyone handles the terrible regret that must hit them eventually. All your childhood memories, even good ones, must be painful to remember now. We have just vague clues as to why, and I really want to understand why.

I checked occourts.org. Nothing new. Just another pre trial conference set for 9/30/2014.

Ashton had another pre trial hearing today.. No details on what happened, but looks like there's another hearing set for 10/09/14. Hopefully things are speeding up because this hearing date is only about a week after today's instead of a couple months

Hey guys, "chambers work" hearing was on 10/07/14 says it was heard. Not sure what that even means.. So I don't know what went on in court. Next hearing is on halloween and is a "pre trial trial setting conference" again. So we'll see, I guess. Dragging on slowly.. I predict the trial won't start until the middle of 2015 if even that soon. Especially with his not guilty pleas and whatever defense theyre going for. Will update again in November!

I checked the occourts.org. Look like the hearing for 10/31 has been cancelled. I would love to know what is going on with the pre trial conferences. Insanity plea? Not mentally fit to stand trial? I agree with babybritain that this is really dragging on and it will be some time before a trial starts. Wish we knew more :thinking:

I know the interest has kind of faded a little since nothing is really going on.. But there was a hearing on 10/31 , it just moved courtrooms. Now there's another on 11/14 again, pre trial trial setting conference. We'll see what happens

I know the interest has kind of faded a little since nothing is really going on.. But there was a hearing on 10/31 , it just moved courtrooms. Now there's another on 11/14 again, pre trial trial setting conference. We'll see what happens

Sure are a lot of pre trial conferences. Is this normal?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser
Back