CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I went to Ragged Point and the crash site yesterday and searched for Brian. Day 4, and the sheriff I spoke with said with four divers and the helicopter, there is still no sign of Brian. The area where the car went off is interesting. There is only one spot on the vista where the car could have gone off the edge. It would have rolled 20 ft before ever sloping down towards the edge. There are four tree stumps and two full grown trees at the cliffs edge to stop cars from going over. There was no rain that day and while they found Olivia and two dogs 10 days after the accident, there had been no sight of Brian. Still looking. I have a couple of thoughts after visiting the site and speaking with different people out there. I've been a local here my whole life. There had never been an accident at that spot.

Is the spot some kind of overlook, where you could pull over and look at the view? Also, how do they know which day this happened? Were they on the way to the campsite or on the way home?

Was their any evidence if the car hitting the stumps or trees ? This was a small car narrow car, possibly made it in between them... Or possibly even hit one to cause the car to go air born and immediately started flipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is the spot some kind of overlook, where you could pull over and look at the view? Also, how do they know which day this happened? Were they on the way to the campsite or on the way home?

That is a good question,

The day the accident occurred has nit been validated as of yet

Couple of thoughts .... What if the dogs became restless in the car possibly jumped into the front seat.. Mines has done that he jumped right into my lap while driving ...could cause one to veer off the road speeding is also a factor... Along with wind gusts against a small car ..

I went to Ragged Point and the crash site yesterday and searched for Brian. Day 4, and the sheriff I spoke with said with four divers and the helicopter, there is still no sign of Brian. The area where the car went off is interesting. There is only one spot on the vista where the car could have gone off the edge. It would have rolled 20 ft before ever sloping down towards the edge. There are four tree stumps and two full grown trees at the cliffs edge to stop cars from going over. There was no rain that day and while they found Olivia and two dogs 10 days after the accident, there had been no sight of Brian. Still looking. I have a couple of thoughts after visiting the site and speaking with different people out there. I've been a local here my whole life. There had never been an accident at that spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing the precise location does it seem possible that someone might have stopped the car in that spot to jump out and take a picture, or let a dog relieve itself, and the car started rolling downhill before they could jump back inside and stop it?

Taptalk isn't allowing to edit .. * mine not Mines ... ... Wasn't there also a storm approaching

Couple of thoughts .... What if the dogs became restless in the car possibly jumped into the front seat.. Mines has done that he jumped right into my lap while driving ...could cause one to veer off the road speeding is also a factor... Along with wind gusts against a small car ..

There was rain and fog the week they went missing too...although we are not sure of conditions the day of the wreck because we don't know what day they crashed. I have a feeling the weather was big factor. With a heavy fog maybe they could not see the road but saw a clearing in the trees at the overlook, thought that must be the road and drove right over the cliff? With too much speed and water on the road it could only be a split second mistaken turn the wrong way and impossible to correct even if the driver realized at the last moment. Tragic.

There was rain and fog the week they went missing too...although we are not sure of conditions the day of the wreck because we don't know what day they crashed. I have a feeling the weather was big factor. With a heavy fog maybe they could not see the road but saw a clearing in the trees at the overlook, thought that must be the road and drove right over the cliff? With too much speed and water on the road it could only be a split second mistaken turn the wrong way and impossible to correct even if the driver realized at the last moment. Tragic.

Completely agree, it was an accident

After seeing the precise location does it seem possible that someone might have stopped the car in that spot to jump out and take a picture, or let a dog relieve itself, and the car started rolling downhill before they could jump back inside and stop it?

In that case I would expect the survivor to call 911.

His body could be hidden and lodged between rock crevices, or washed out to sea with the massive waves out there and high tide.....

BBM. Thanks for the local insight. These facts only add to my suspicion. Had he scoped out/preselected this spot??

Very sad. Most logical explanation is an accident.

I would love to know what is suspicious. Are those LE's words or the reporters? Not finding his body doesn't set off any alarms with me. I very seriously doubt that he pushed the car over the cliff with his two dogs inside and then waltzed off in the rain on foot. Isn't this area kind of remote? That makes no sense. I don't even know if they could actually say who was driving the car with everything being so mangled. I'm still trying to figure out if they were on their way to the campsite or on their way back. No matter what happened, this was just horrible and I really feel for everyone involved. :(

Floaay, no one said he waltzed off and yes it was rocky, but for a young 21-year-old man who is healthy, scaling some rocks shouldn't be difficult. Also, we don't know if it was raining that particular day of the crash. Another local poster here said it wasn't. Or maybe he bailed from the car before it went over.

If that was the case, wouldn't he have called 911?

Floaay, no one said he waltzed off and yes it was rocky, but for a young 21-year-old man who is healthy, scaling some rocks shouldn't be difficult. Also, we don't know if it was raining that particular day of the crash. Another local poster here said it wasn't. Or maybe he bailed from the car before it went over.

I guess it would be interesting to know if they found the camping equipment and supplies in the vehicle.

Did you notice any skid marks?

If that was the case, wouldn't he have called 911?

That's certainly what we hope would happen, but he is young and could be emotionally overwhelmed about the loss of his girlfriend, 2 dogs, car and belongings. I'm just trying to consider all possibilities, including that he climbed down or fell after the car went over the cliff or could be experiencing survivor guilt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back