CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Crews recover L.A. couple’s car that went off Hwy. 1 cliff
JANUARY 5, 2017 11:57 AM
SLO Tribune

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article124748674.html

A sheriff’s dive crew, along with search-and-rescue crews, also continued to search the vicinity Thursday for any sign of Fernandez, and that search is expected to continue Friday, the Sheriff’s Office said.

Gonzalez and Fernandez were reported missing by family members after they became alarmed when the couple failed to return from their trip to Big Sur.​

Video and stills of their car recovered today.
Car is heavily damaged. No male found yet.
https://twitter.com/SLOStringer

Woah! Heavily damaged feels like an understatement.
C1dbPqJUoAIY3fR.jpg:large

wtf. how does that even happen? how far did the car fall?

Woah! Heavily damaged feels like an understatement.
C1dbPqJUoAIY3fR.jpg:large

Thanks for bringing the image over. I couldn't figure out how to do it. The CHP said the car was "very mangled", "unrecognizable". Wedged between two rocks was another description.

The State Parks worker who spotted the "car" from the cliff above deserves a shout out.

Missing Couple’s Car May Have Been Found Along San Luis Obispo County Coast
https://www.noozhawk.com/article/mi...been_found_along_san_luis_obispo_county_coast

The “very mangled” tan-colored sedan was spotted a few hundred feet over the edge of Highway 1, approximately a mile south of the Ragged Point Inn, according to the CHP.​

Officials identify body in Ragged Point wreckage as Olivia Gonzalez
Body of boyfriend Brian Fernandez missing
By: Oscar Flores
Posted: Jan 03, 2017 05:04 PM PST
Updated: Jan 04, 2017 07:19 PM PST
http://www.keyt.com/news/san-luis-o...d-point-wreckage-as-olivia-gonzalez/246281131

A State Parks official first spotted the car and reported it at about 3:30 p.m Tuesday.

The vehicle over the side is tan in color and is "unrecognizable", according to the CHP.​

That is horrific .. [emoji24]... Wonder if ir partially caught on fire ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was discussing this with my former LE husband (former LE, not former husband - celebrating 27 years tomorrow). He didn't get very far in the thread when he said "accident." When I asked why, he said sadly there are murder-suicides, and there are murder-suicides in which children are also killed. However, he's never seen a murder-suicide in which pets were deliberately killed. He hasn't worked many such cases, fortunately, but of the few he has encountered, the pets were left tended to: a kennel, with a relative or hiring a pet caretaker. All anecdotal, of course, and only his opinion.

FWIW

Extended Suicide With a Pet

http://jaapl.org/content/jaapl/41/3/437.full.pdf

So I have thought a lot about suicide. I was even going to do it a few times. I decided I would take my dog (at the time, he died 3 years ago) with me so he wouldn't suffer. He was just so attached to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is LE saying the circumstances are "suspicious" because they haven't found Fernandez or because they have found evidence indicating this wasn't an accident, but was suicide and/or murder)? If they have found such evidence, what could it be? Would the car show tampering in this condition? Or that only one person was in the car? It just seems so early to say it's "suspicious."

So I have thought a lot about suicide. I was even going to do it a few times. I decided I would take my dog (at the time, he died 3 years ago) with me so he wouldn't suffer. He was just so attached to me.

Tssiemer,
Glad your still here and sleuthing instead. Sorry about your dog.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

{{{{{{{{{Tssiemer}}}}}}}}} I'm so glad you didn't, but thank you for sharing your insight about pets and suicide. I can see the "logic" of what you decided. I'm sorry for the loss of your "dogly person" as a friend of mine calls them.

Is LE saying the circumstances are "suspicious" because they haven't found Fernandez or because they have found evidence indicating this wasn't an accident, but was suicide and/or murder)? If they have found such evidence, what could it be? Would the car show tampering in this condition? Or that only one person was in the car? It just seems so early to say it's "suspicious."

I don't know. I'll lean towards tragic accident if and when his body is found. And it still could be murder-suicide. But as it looks, since sources stated she planned to end their relationship, he could have somehow escaped the crash, or engineered it to kill her and fled the car before she went over. I've seen this happen on true crime shows.The fact that he may have accessed social media looks very bad for him. Someone who would kill wouldn't hesitate to kill pets. I'm sorry the dogs had to die as well...

I agree. The weather was bad, they were on a winding road, they were young with only a few years of driving experience, at best...my gut says accident. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back