CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live near San Francisco and have driven down Hwy 1 many times. There have been a couple times where I was distracted and accidentally veered toward the ocean. In some spots, you can literally just drive off the edge.

Crews recover female body from car over side near Ragged Point

Search and Rescue crews have recovered the body of a woman and a deceased light brown Labrador retriever mix after spotting a vehicle over the side of Highway 1 south of Ragged Point in northern San Luis Obispo County.

The body had been exposed to the elements for some time, according to the SLO County Sheriff's Office. The SLO County Coroner's Office is working to identify the body and notify next-of-kin. We do not know the age range of the body recovered from the crash site at this time.

Does anyone happen to know who the two dogs belonged to? Did one person own both dogs or did they each own one?

My prayers are with the families of these two young people.

Does anyone happen to know who the two dogs belonged to? Did one person own both dogs or did they each own one?

My prayers are with the families of these two young people.

Both dogs belonged to Brian according to a previous news article. The car was also his.

have you driven east out of Yosemite? SCARY roads w sheer drops. not to ocean though. (duh)

BBM

Not all of it is lined with trees. Some of it really is a straight drop. :eek: It's the same thing with highway 101 up north driving south of Crescent City...lined with redwoods but with clear areas straight down to the ocean. I've driven both stretches, but mostly 101. Driving it in the rain is terrifying. If you have to do it you have to drive at a crawl. Even in dry, sunny conditions you have to be extremely careful and watch for people driving like idiots.

I live near San Francisco and have driven down Hwy 1 many times. There have been a couple times where I was distracted and accidentally veered toward the ocean. In some spots, you can literally just drive off the edge.

So glad you lived to tell the tale...and join WS!! :welcome:

I got vertigo just driving along on streetview!!

:welcome:

have you driven east out of Yosemite? SCARY roads w sheer drops. not to ocean though. (duh)

School trips there are not a fond past time of mine.

And thanks for the welcome! I decided to finally join all of you at the bottom of this hole.

Body found near mangled car below cliff on Highway 1 is that of missing North Hollywood woman
By Veronica Rocha, Matt Hamilton
LA Times, January 4, 2017 1:50 PM
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-missing-couple-car-hearst-castle-20170103-story.html

The body of Olivia Hannah Gonzalez, 20, was discovered 325 feet below the coast highway, near the shoreline, according Officer Patrick Seebart, a spokesman for the California Highway Patrol. Her body was found next to the vehicle and the remains of a dog.​

http://www.kvoa.com/story/34183330/body-identified-as-woman-in-missing-couple-case-authorities-say

[FONT=&quot]"We believe there may be potential other victims at the scene, so that's why we sent our search and rescue as well as our dive team to do a search of the area," said Tony Cipolla, San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office spokesperson. "The car is located at the surf line, so there's a possibility that one of the victims may have gone in the water, so we will use our dive team to look along the shoreline to see if the victim is located there, as well as having our search and rescue do a search of the area, a general search. The key to all of this is making sure that we can get the car out of that location because there's a possibility there may be a victim underneath the car."[/FONT]

Ya know it makes you think ... Would it be better to attempt to jump out of the car when going over a cliff or stay inside it ... Then again guess it depends on wether the car straight plummeted to the area at the shore line or rolled as it went down. Watch the TV show "what would you do"
Crazy things to think about ... As like many of yall scared to death of heights ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, when we were driving in an RV down Hwy 1 near Jenner my husband said, "Kids, take a good look at this view. We are NEVER coming here again!"

And down by Carmel on Hwy 1 we actually turned around and refused to cross this bridge in the fog:
http://travelblog.viator.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/shutterstock_217247461-540x355.jpg

Oh hell naw! No way I'd be able to cross that on even a clear day without some kind of sedative. :eek: I'm sure that drive is beautiful, but nope, not happening for me.

Terrible what happened to them. I'm glad they've recovered her body, and I'm hoping they can recover his soon.

Is it strange that they only found her and one of the dogs?

I hope I did this right.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0ahUKEwiyrZTT5anRAhUG64MKHR6ICbsQFggtMAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fabc7.com%2Fnews%2Fmissing-noho-womans-body-found-near-san-luis-obispo-crash-site%2F1686287%2F&usg=AFQjCNF1VsiWZW1y5eQPXigRBZdGF-f8lg&sig2=sxSFcVfQSjPv-aQ51eQooA

Guzman said she wishes her sister never took that spur-of-the-moment trip to Big Sur.

"My heart is just battling right now. I'm trying to stay positive, but with all the news unfolding, it's hard," she said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back