CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unidentified body found in search for missing Los Angeles couple

Authorities recovered a body and a vehicle off a steep embankment along California's Central Coast in their search Tuesday for a missing Los Angeles couple.

Authorities in San Luis Obispo County discovered one person's body and the remains of a dog about 15 feet from the vehicle off the side of Highway 1, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Investigators were working Wednesday to determine whether the apparent wreck involves Olivia Hannah Gonzalez, 20, and Brian Fernandez, 21, who were reported missing when they failed to return Christmas Day from a holiday road trip to Big Sur in a tan sedan.

The California Highway Patrol told the newspaper that dispatchers received a report about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday that a tan vehicle was found about 325 feet below the steep embankment of the highway near Ragged Point.

I'm wondering who's dog was recovered? Also have they determined that there isn't a body, or dog still inside the car? It sounded like car was in surf. Also, victim could have washed out to sea. So very sad. I feel awful for how terrifying it must have been for them. My thoughts are with their families.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm wondering who's dog was recovered? Also have they determined that there isn't a body, or dog still inside the car? It sounded like car was in surf. Also, victim could have washed out to sea. So very sad. I feel awful for how terrifying it must have been for them. My thoughts are with their families.

Someone said earlier that both dogs belonged to Brian. I really hope that it all happened so fast that none of them suffered, doggies included. :(

San Simeon: Car found off cliff in search for missing couple

A tan sedan was 325 feet down a rocky embankment, Seebart said.

The helicopter crew reported seeing one human body outside the car and the body of a dog inside.

This is sounding rather odd, unless the other dog and Olivia (if the body found is in fact Brian) we're thrown from the car and have been swept away by the ocean?

Then this says

A helicopter surveying the wreckage saw the bodies of a human and a dog outside the car.

San Simeon: Car found off cliff in search for missing couple

A tan sedan was 325 feet down a rocky embankment, Seebart said.

The helicopter crew reported seeing one human body outside the car and the body of a dog inside.

This is sounding rather odd, unless the other dog and Olivia (if the body found is in fact Brian) we're thrown from the car and have been swept away by the ocean?

Then this says

A helicopter surveying the wreckage saw the bodies of a human and a dog outside the car.
Always sketchy reporting because earlier it said remains and the body of a dog were seen by helicopter 15 ft from wreckage. Sigh. I had such high hopes they decided to abandon the holidays and spend it with nature and each other.[emoji17]

KSBY
Body recovered from crash near Ragged Point; car possibly linked to missing couple
Posted: Jan 03, 2017 9:48 PM PST
Updated: Jan 03, 2017 11:52 PM PST
By Angel Russell

http://www.ksby.com/story/34177759/...d-point-car-possibly-linked-to-missing-couple

You can see the "stumps" and trees to the right of the stumps in the video at KSBY. The "View Spot" is large and the stumps are not next to the actual highway. They looked inside the car Tuesday and it appeared to have no one in it.​

Google Image of Stumps at the "View Spot"
https://goo.gl/maps/H64W2zMeGsL2

This is a far view of the "View Spot" as you would approach it from the north, stumps are visible through the trees:
https://goo.gl/maps/1rhaWyGiZxx

This is a near view of the "View Spot" as you would approach it from the north, stumps are visible through the trees:
https://goo.gl/maps/byd7JZghgyj

This is a far view of the "View Spot" as you would approach it from the south, stumps are not visible:
https://goo.gl/maps/oNqLJEYXFCk

This is a near view of the "View Spot" as you would approach it from the south, stumps are visible:
https://goo.gl/maps/we7Q8agkey52

i am hoping that is was an accident. its still possible he did something to her then drove off the cliff. but I hope not.

Not sure if this allowed, if not admin please remove... What I've been able to discern from family members and friends on social media, the body of Brian Fernandez has been located along with his car. The body of Olivia Gonzales has not yet been located so her church, family and friends are still holding onto hope.

Such a sad story indeed. We do not know all of the details yet, but if this was just a terrible car accident due to road conditions and weather, I sure feel terrible for Mr. Fernandez's family considering the sister (Olivia's) vocalized suspicions regarding his involvement early on.

My thoughts go out to these families.

KSBY
Body recovered from crash near Ragged Point; car possibly linked to missing couple
Posted: Jan 03, 2017 9:48 PM PST
Updated: Jan 03, 2017 11:52 PM PST
By Angel Russell

http://www.ksby.com/story/34177759/...d-point-car-possibly-linked-to-missing-couple

You can see the "stumps" and trees to the right of the stumps in the video at KSBY. The "View Spot" is large and the stumps are not next to the actual highway. They looked inside the car Tuesday and it appeared to have no one in it.​

Google Image of Stumps at the "View Spot"
https://goo.gl/maps/H64W2zMeGsL2

"It appears that vehicle has been down there for a while," said CAL FIRE Battalion Chief Paul Lee.

Crews were able to climb down to the vehicle but couldn't make out the license plate number since the car is severely damaged.

CAL FIRE rappelled down the steep hillside in order to recover the body, which was outside the car. Stormy weather made the mission extremely difficult.

"We have been able to look inside the vehicle and we weren't able to find anybody else inside of that," Lee said.

It is starting to sound like one of them (OG?) and the other doggie probably were thrown from the car, or crawled from the wreckage injured and have been washed away :( How tragic and heartbreaking for the families.

Where did the car leave the road? Through the trees? Over the stumps? Were there broken trees where it left the road? I'm asking because it seems odd to me if it left the road right at the lookout area or whatever you call it.

My husband has some wild theories but I won't share them here for the sake of the family. Search and rescue here is working off the chain to try to figure this out.

Maybe they were parked and failed to engage the parking break. Maybe things more sinister. Finding Brian and the other dog are important for many reasons. Let's remember that he's a missing person too. And just because their relationship was 'rocky' doesn't mean he'd hurt her. His mom is a victim too. :(

Maybe they were parked and failed to engage the parking break. Maybe things more sinister. Finding Brian and the other dog are important for many reasons. Let's remember that he's a missing person too. And just because their relationship was 'rocky' doesn't mean he'd hurt her. His mom is a victim too. :(

It's not uncommon for the bodies couples who disappear into the ocean to show up at different times and places. This was the case with Sean Yamaguchi and Elise Dickey who drowned on the Oregon coast.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2015/08/22-year-old_who_drowned_off_ca.html

I've never been to Cali and I can't get a good grasp of the area. I didn't even realize that the road was lined with trees at first. I thought it was just a straight drop. Does anyone know how far this was from the camping area?

I've never been to Cali and I can't get a good grasp of the area. I didn't even realize that the road was lined with trees at first. I thought it was just a straight drop. Does anyone know how far this was from the camping area?
BBM

Not all of it is lined with trees. Some of it really is a straight drop. :eek: It's the same thing with highway 101 up north driving south of Crescent City...lined with redwoods but with clear areas straight down to the ocean. I've driven both stretches, but mostly 101. Driving it in the rain is terrifying. If you have to do it you have to drive at a crawl. Even in dry, sunny conditions you have to be extremely careful and watch for people driving like idiots.

BBM

Not all of it is lined with trees. Some of it really is a straight drop. :eek: It's the same thing with highway 101 up north driving south of Crescent City...lined with redwoods but with clear areas straight down to the ocean. I've driven both stretches, but mostly 101. Driving it in the rain is terrifying. If you have to do it you have to drive at a crawl. Even in dry, sunny conditions you have to be extremely careful and watch for people driving like idiots.

I am terrified of heights. We went to the mountains on vacation a few years ago and it rained every single day. The roads were twisty and the drop offs were very steep. My husband nearly had to sedate me. There were trees along the edge of the road there, too, but there was a guardrail in front of the trees. I don't know if that would have made any difference in this situation, but it sure did make me feel better having them there.

I am terrified of heights. We went to the mountains on vacation a few years ago and it rained every single day. The roads were twisty and the drop offs were very steep. My husband nearly had to sedate me. There were trees along the edge of the road there, too, but there was a guardrail in front of the trees. I don't know if that would have made any difference in this situation, but it sure did make me feel better having them there.

OT-- I hear you! I'm terrified of edges. I've been known to grab my husband by the belt if he goes too close to an edge (by my definition) while hiking. I hated the Grand Canyon, watching people and their kids flirt with death. Traumatic! And most drop offs on roads in the US are on the passenger side. I'm better off doing the driving, so I'm not freaking out!

OT-- I hear you! I'm terrified of edges. I've been known to grab my husband by the belt if he goes too close to an edge (by my definition) while hiking. I hated the Grand Canyon, watching people and their kids flirt with death. Traumatic! And most drop offs on roads in the US are on the passenger side. I'm better off doing the driving, so I'm not freaking out!

Yeah, when we were driving in an RV down Hwy 1 near Jenner my husband said, "Kids, take a good look at this view. We are NEVER coming here again!"

And down by Carmel on Hwy 1 we actually turned around and refused to cross this bridge in the fog:
http://travelblog.viator.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/shutterstock_217247461-540x355.jpg

Crews recover female body from car over side near Ragged Point

Search and Rescue crews have recovered the body of a woman and a deceased light brown Labrador retriever mix after spotting a vehicle over the side of Highway 1 south of Ragged Point in northern San Luis Obispo County.

The body had been exposed to the elements for some time, according to the SLO County Sheriff's Office. The SLO County Coroner's Office is working to identify the body and notify next-of-kin. We do not know the age range of the body recovered from the crash site at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back