CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His mother refused a second interview on Monday:
Fernandez’s mother declined to be interviewed on Monday via text but said there was no news about the pair. She told the Daily News last week that her son on the morning of Dec. 23 said he was going camping and would return on Christmas Day, which is not unusual for him since he loves camping. But he never returned or called, which she said was unusual for him.
http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...ial-search-for-missing-north-hollywood-couple

That concerns me. She should want to get the word out that her son is missing.

Interview with Olivia's best friend:
Brook Todd, who is Olivia Gonzalez’s best friend, said she spoke on Dec. 21 to Gonzalez, who told her that she and Fernandez were having problems as usual, arguing over “little things that weren’t necessary.”

“She also said (Fernandez) wanted to spend Christmas with her and she did not know what she wanted to do,” Todd said.

Gonzalez also told her that she and Fernandez had wanted to go to a music festival in Lake Tahoe for New Year’s — something Gonzalez had talked about for months — but her friend had never mentioned anything about going to Big Sur, she said.

“All I know is that they both really wanted to travel,” Todd said, noting she had never met Fernandez.
“Olivia was the strongest, most independent, beautiful woman I ever met; I want her to come home,” her friend, Todd said. “I hope (Fernandez) comes home too safe ... . Knowing she’s out there and we have no contact with her aches my heart.”
http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...ial-search-for-missing-north-hollywood-couple

BBM.

My observations:
1. So if they decided to spend Christmas "together", perhaps they DID decide to blow off their families for Christmas? Young 20 and 21 year old kids might do that, I suppose. But they have been gone way too long at this point. They should have tried ot call on Christmas or New Years if they were safe and just taking an extended vacation. Something has happened.

2. Why is it that Olivia's best friend and her sister had never met a man she had been seeing for 4 months? Even if it wasn't serious, how do you date someone and never happen to have him meet the family members you live with or your best friend? Did they never hang out at Olivia's house? Did he never come pick her up while her family was home? And she tells her friend about all their arguments but never introduces her friend to him? To me, traveling with someone (and their large dogs) indicates a serious relationship. And here we have her best friend saying they had plans to travel. Why make plans to travel with someone that has not at least met your best friend and family members?

3. Her friend just referred to her in the past tense :(

I'm a local. That store is a Shell Gas station. It is rather large and a combo gas station/ souviener shop /food/ beer and wine shop. Everyone stops there. It's literally the last gas station before you head north towards Hearst Castle and Ragged Point.

I am having a hard time believing that he wanted to kill her for breaking up. They only dated off and on for 4 months. It doesn't seem like it was that serious of a relationship for him to end his life and hers over. JMO

Thank you for this info. When I looked up Ragged Point I saw that it is considered part of "Big Sur" and it seems to be a popular tourist destination all on it's own.
Example, Trip Advisor calls it a "thing to do in Big Sur" (lots of gorgeous pictures at link): https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...-Reviews-Ragged_Point-Big_Sur_California.html
The Ragged Point Inn also calls itself "The Gateway to Big Sur": http://www.raggedpointinn.com/

It helps tremendously to know that people call that whole area of the California coast "Big Sur"--I'm not from California so I had no idea.

I wonder if they could have ONLY gone as far as Ragged Point, since that is where they were seen?
I wonder if we can we find any previous trips to Big Sur in their social media photos and figure out where they liked to camp or hike on previous trips? Has anyone found Instagram accounts or other social media besides fb?

Ragged Point is essentially a beach and a hotel. There is almost nothing there to be spotted at.

I am having a hard time believing that he wanted to kill her for breaking up. They only dated off and on for 4 months. It doesn't seem like it was that serious of a relationship for him to end his life and hers over. JMO

I agree, it sounds like they argued over small things but there is no mention of violence in the relationship. Right now, a car accident OR them being irresponsible and taking a 2 week off-grid camping trip is slightly more likely in my mind than murder. It IS a red flag for me, however, that he never met her sister and best friend. I wonder how they met in the first place?

I agree, it sounds like they argued over small things but there is no mention of violence in the relationship. Right now, a car accident OR them being irresponsible and taking a 2 week off-grid camping trip is slightly more likely in my mind than murder. It IS a red flag for me, however, that he never met her sister and best friend. I wonder how they met in the first place?

Yep. I keep thinking car accident or maybe they eloped and are taking their time getting home because of how the family might react, but I know the latter is a reach. Then I think about Todd Kohlhepp and that disturbing situation. If I had to bet, I'd say car accident.

Car accident makes the most sense to me too. Especially since I have driven that area several times and still remember how jagged the cliffs were and how windy the road was.

I know there are cliffs on one side, but what about the other side?

And if Brian's phone started showing as off around 4:00 pm, why haven't we been given info on where his phone last pinged?

in some places its a rock wall on the other side, other places a ravine or dip. it is windy too.

I know there are cliffs on one side, but what about the other side?

And if Brian's phone started showing as off around 4:00 pm, why haven't we been given info on where his phone last pinged?

Ragged Point is essentially a beach and a hotel. There is almost nothing there to be spotted at.

Last seen at Ragged Point
Last credit card purchase was at the Cambria General Store
Traveling with a Husky and Golden Retriever

KSBY
LAPD seeks couple missing since Big Sur trip
http://www.ksby.com/clip/12999158/lapd-seeks-couple-missing-since-big-sur-trip

Thanks nowheregrrl for giving us local insight. They are traveling with two large dogs and I suspect the sighting at Ragged Point might have been related to the dogs. They and their car are not memorable.

Some of the early missing reports don't mention the dogs. In this article, it's reported that her sister described the dogs as a Husky and a Golden Retriever. Later reports described the dogs as a Golden Retriever and similar size "brown" dog. Then, the photo of the dogs appears and the brown dog appears to me to be a pit bull mix. I think her sister knows the difference between a Husky and a Pit Mix so I suspect that she had never seen the dogs and was using someone else's description.

A lot people in California own and travel with dogs. I think that anywhere the couple stopped for a dog walk or dog potty break the dogs would be remembered. Or, if one of them went to the bathroom while the other person stayed in the car with the dogs, that might be remembered if the dogs barked as someone walked by. "Don't worry, he's friendly", is the often repeated mantra of Pit Mix owners. Or, "He's not a Pit Mix, just looks like a Pit Mix".

KSBY
Family passes out fliers on Central Coast in search of missing couple
Posted: Dec 30, 2016 10:47 PM PST
http://www.ksby.com/story/34157507/...-on-central-coast-in-search-of-missing-couple
Vanessa Guzman, the sister of Gonzalez, says this is out of character for her sister not to return calls. She says the couple was last seen at Ragged Point and that they were traveling with two dogs, a husky and golden retriever. Their credit card history shows their last purchases were at the Cambria General Store.​

BREAKING NEWS:::::[ bad news...]

Just now on local ch 2 news; POLICE FOUND A CAR OVER A CLIFF BY RAGGED POINT--- one body has been found and one dog has been found so far---but the just now reached the wreckage

they reported that the same model and color of car was seen from the road-down a cliff. And authorities just now were rappelling down the side.

I have not been able to find any updates online---only what I saw as BREAKING NEWS on CBS local news

No!!!!!! Darn it. :(

Awww man.
Thanks for updating us katydid23
Dark day today :( I'm still struggling over little David P.

i cannot find any corroboration anywhere online---

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back