CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am quite sappy about animals. I cannot stop thinking about these two dogs they have with them. Are the dogs' descriptions being circulated? If something bad went down, the dogs might be wandering around somewhere.

attachment.php
Hope it's okay to post this and I hope I did it right, lol.

Attachments

• 11a social.jpg
    11a social.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 566
Thanks Flossy, I wasn't sure if it was allowed. And I wonder if that is a relative that posted the pic (same last name as Brian).

According to his mother he has a phone and he is not answering it:

http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...-to-find-young-missing-north-hollywood-couple
Do you think the mother is back peddling now, or MSM badly worded it in the beginning?

"Guzman said she has heard claims from friends of Fernandez that he logged into social media on Wednesday but was not responding to anyone’s messages “which I find pretty weird.”She also said she has never met Fernandez but added her sister had dated him for four months off and on.

“I heard they had a rocky relationship,” Guzman said. A mutual friend told her Gonzalez was planning to “break it off” with Fernandez.

“I was concerned why she left with him on a road trip the next day,” Guzman said. “I don’t think she went against her will because her clothes and makeup were gone.”
Not sure what you mean by back peddling? I have only seen the one interview with his mother. Guzman is Olivia's sister. Brian's mother did also say she did not know the relationship status of the couple:

http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...-to-find-young-missing-north-hollywood-couple

That matches what her sister says. Seems like they were an on-again off-again couple.
His mom started off by saying he wasn't answering, and her sister is quoted that he was around and ignoring everyone. To me, this tells me his mom thought he was ok just avoiding.

In other articles, his mom changed her wording to say she couldn't reach home/his phone was dead, indicating he was also missing. This tells me she now thought he was not okay and not avoiding.

I am wondering if she changed her wording or if MSM did.

His mom started off by saying he wasn't answering, and her sister is quoted that he was around and ignoring everyone. To me, this tells me his mom thought he was ok just avoiding.

Later, his mom changed her wording to say she couldn't reach home/his phone was dead, indicating he was also missing. This tells me she now thought he was not okay and not avoiding.

I am wondering if she changed her wording or if MSM did.

I think that is just the way the article was written. Unless I missed a video of the interviews, I don't think his mom and her sister were standing next to each other. I think they were interviewed separately and the reporter put the quotes in the order they wanted them.

I think it's also important to keep in mind when looking at their statements that her sister has never even met Brian before. Olivia lives with her sister but her sister never met the man she has been seeing off and on for 4 months. The sister would only have things she heard from her sister or saw on social media to form her impressions of him. If they are at all close, Olivia might have told her sister every detail of why they had previously split up and gotten back together and she knows those things and probably already has a certain (bad) impression that is going to shape what she thinks. His mom, on the other hand, might not have as much info about the relationship. Men don't usually talk to their moms as much about those types of things. Of course his mom is going to think the best and paint him in a better light--that's her son. She wants to hope he is alive but probably is forced to admit that something bad happened for him to not come home. JMO.

Prayers I hope they are found soon ... [emoji56]. Had seen the weather system that was passing through on TWC, appeared severe and would impair driving along those winding roads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that is just the way the article was written. Unless I missed a video of the interviews, I don't think his mom and her sister were standing next to each other. I think they were interviewed separately and the reporter put the quotes in the order they wanted them.

I think it's also important to keep in mind when looking at their statements that her sister has never even met Brian before. Olivia lives with her sister but her sister never met the man she has been seeing off and on for 4 months. The sister would only have things she heard from her sister or saw on social media to form her impressions of him. If they are at all close, Olivia might have told her sister every detail of why they had previously split up and gotten back together and she knows those things and probably already has a certain (bad) impression that is going to shape what she thinks. His mom, on the other hand, might not have as much info about the relationship. Men don't usually talk to their moms as much about those types of things. Of course his mom is going to think the best and paint him in a better light--that's her son. She wants to hope he is alive but probably is forced to admit that something bad happened for him to not come home. JMO.
Thanks. Just covering all bases out of the gate.

If it weren't for reports that he had accessed his social media, I'd be 100% in the camp of car accident, which is what my gut says. As it stands, I have doubt.

I wonder if his mom was accessing his SM in effort to find him.

I think the flight search was on Saturday 12/31/2016.

Monterey County Sheriff facebook
January 1, 2017
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1844833082399396&id=1417390841810291

"The Monterey County Sheriff's Office Aerosquadron took flight to search for Olivia and Brian's car along our county's coast line. Ground units with the California Highway Patrol, California Fish and Wildlife and California State Park Rangers assisted with search efforts."

If it weren't for reports that he had accessed his social media, I'd be 100% in the camp of car accident, which is what my gut says. As it stands, I have doubt.

I'm on the fence right now about car accident vs foul play. I think it is possible his family has access to his social media but did not communicate that to her family. Since he lived at home, perhaps he accessed his fb previously from a home computer or a shared tablet and was still logged in--or they know his passwords. Since the families don't know each other, it would make sense that they are not working together/not communicating with each other and have different ideas about what happened. After the KB and CDC case I'm keeping an open mind when it comes to missing couples. :fence:

Monterey County Sheriff
https://www.montereysheriff.org/mcsologs/DPL.PDF

This information is being provided in accordance with the California Public Records Act, Government Code Section 6254(f). Any illegal use of this information may result in criminal prosecution. Information contained here displays last three (3) days' patrol calls only and will be available between 7:00 AM and midnight each day. This page will not contain information between midnight and 7:00 AM.​

I think the call to MCSO at 12/30/2016 10:00 PM on page 3 of 4 may be the report to LE.
Report No. FG1606872
M17 INFOR IN
MCSO CONTACTED BY SISTER OF MISSING ADULT IN THE BIG SUR AREA.​

I wondered that, too (whether someone else accessed his SM account).

Question for tech savvy folks: I generally don't log out of my SM on my phone so Facebook, for example, will show I'm 'currently' online all the time. Hypothetically, if my phone lost service due to my being of out range (lack of signal), then later came back online when I did get a good signal, would that seem that I logged back into my SM account? I guess I'm intrigued by the he logged in part. Did he actually post anything then stop responding?

(FWIW, I'm listed as active here in WS even when my iPad is in sleep mode since I keep the browser open.)

I also find it interesting that the sister and Olivia lived together but in four months of on again, off again dating, the sister never met him.

Finally, if I knew I was ending a relationship, I wouldn't go on an overnight trip with my soon to be ex - let alone a ten minute car ride. Not necessarily out of fear for my safety but rather just out of the awkwardness. JMHO

Rain in Big Sur foils aerial search for missing North Hollywood couple
By Brenda Gazzar, Los Angeles Daily News
POSTED: 01/02/17, 3:40 PM PST
http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...ial-search-for-missing-north-hollywood-couple

The Monterey County Sheriff’s Department conducted an aerial search for two hours Saturday with a small Cessna plane and planned to search the area’s 70 miles of coast and cliff line again on Monday but intermittent rain and cold temperatures disrupted that plan, said Deputy Jesse Villasenor. Rain is expected to fall there through Thursday...

“By Friday or the end of the week, that’s when we’re hoping we can get up in the air based on the circumstances,” Villasenor said... “We’re operating in the worst case scenario — (that) they’re in an accident or stuck somewhere,” he said.

Villasenor said there’s one main highway, Pacific Coast Highway 1, and a couple of dirt roads for camping areas, which are being searched as a matter of standard procedure.​

http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...ial-search-for-missing-north-hollywood-couple

Gonzalez’s sister, Vanessa Guzman, said her husband got a text from Gonzalez at about 11:40 a.m. Dec. 23 saying the pair were about two hours away from scenic Big Sur on the state’s Central Coast. That was the last time Gonzalez’s family heard from her and she has not been reached by text or cellphone since then.

Brook Todd, who is Olivia Gonzalez’s best friend, said she spoke on Dec. 21 to Gonzalez, who told her that she and Fernandez were having problems as usual, arguing over “little things that weren’t necessary.”

“She also said (Fernandez) wanted to spend Christmas with her and she did not know what she wanted to do,” Todd said.

Gonzalez also told her that she and Fernandez had wanted to go to a music festival in Lake Tahoe for New Year’s — something Gonzalez had talked about for months — but her friend had never mentioned anything about going to Big Sur, she said.​

Gonzalez’s sister, Vanessa Guzman, said her husband got a text from Gonzalez at about 11:40 a.m. Dec. 23 saying the pair were about two hours away from scenic Big Sur on the state’s Central Coast. That was the last time Gonzalez’s family heard from her and she has not been reached by text or cellphone since then.

Brook Todd, who is Olivia Gonzalez’s best friend, said she spoke on Dec. 21 to Gonzalez, who told her that she and Fernandez were having problems as usual, arguing over “little things that weren’t necessary.”

“She also said (Fernandez) wanted to spend Christmas with her and she did not know what she wanted to do,” Todd said.

Gonzalez also told her that she and Fernandez had wanted to go to a music festival in Lake Tahoe for New Year’s — something Gonzalez had talked about for months — but her friend had never mentioned anything about going to Big Sur, she said.​

Friend says the couple were arguing, which is similar to the sister's account. But their planning on traveling to a music festival for New Year's doesn't sound like an impending breakup to me, which sister alluded to. (I know some couples who seem to thrive on the drama, bickering, break ups and make ups.) Right now, this feels like an auto accident to me. I hope they, and the dogs, are found safe soon.

KSBW 8
North Hollywood couple still missing in Big Sur
Updated: 3:30 PM PST Jan 2, 2017
http://www.ksbw.com/article/north-hollywood-couple-still-missing-in-big-sur/8555136

The [Monterey County] sheriff's search and rescue team did an aerial search over Big Sur's rugged coastline Saturday. Rain and 30-degree temperatures forced the aircrew to shorten their search after several passes along the coastline, deputies said.

The search turned up no signs of the couple, and Gonzalez and Fernandez were still missing as of Monday afternoon.

"We are hoping for the best outcome and plan to resume an air search in the coming days," deputies said.

Sgt. Mike Burns said investigators do not have any specific campgrounds or hiking trails to narrow the search down with.

"Big Sur is huge. But we are doing our best," Burns said.

If they've only been seeing one another for 4 months I highly doubt those dogs were adopted by them.. so in saying that has it been said who they belong to? Him or her? Not hoping for a scenario like follows but if he would have hurt her maybe he took his dogs along and is in hiding/fled? Just a thought

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

If they've only been seeing one another for 4 months I highly doubt those dogs were adopted by them.. so in saying that has it been said who they belong to? Him or her? Not hoping for a scenario like follows but if he would have hurt her maybe he took his dogs along and is in hiding/fled? Just a thought

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I just assumed one dog was his and the other one was hers since it said "their" dogs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back